Options

[WoW] UI stands for "User Interface," not "u idiot"

• Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I thought she meant actual names, not the name plates. As in the big green ones that I turn off using NameplateFu or whatever during raids but turn on when I'm out in the world.

riz on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    riz wrote: »
    I thought she meant actual names, not the name plates. As in the big green ones that I turn off using NameplateFu or whatever during raids but turn on when I'm out in the world.

Exactly this.

I turn off player names when I'm in raids, it just makes it a million times easier to see where my healy target is standing. But names go back on in the world. (PvP server) I never noticed NameplateFu, but it sounds like what I'm looking for. :D

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    poisnedcokepoisnedcoke Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    What's the command to drop a buff? Like for a paladin tank to use bubble to clear debuffs then dispel off the bubble in one macro.

poisnedcoke on
    I'm trilltastic, trilldacious even!
  • Options
    RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    /cancelaura "Name of buff"

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Ty much.

poisnedcoke on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Anyone else have problems with Omen's skin resetting every time you log off?

815165 on
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Just uploaded this:
    This Shaman-only addon reformats the default UI's totem icons into a mobile rectangular frame with
    four subframes, one for each totem element: earth, fire, water, and air. When the user places a
    totem, that totem's icon and a countdown timer will appear in the proper element frame, and
    continue counting down until the totem either fades or is destroyed. When the totem's duration
    reaches 15 seconds, the count text will change from white to yellow, to draw attention; and when
    it reaches 5 seconds, the text will become red, to indicate imminent fading of the totem. Also, for
    totems with pulses (such as Tremor), a cooldown spinner will be shown on the respective totem frame
    to indicate the time remaining until the next pulse, and when it does pulse, the frame's border will
    briefly appear highlighted.

Type "/ntoti" for slash commands, which include the ability to change the layout of the frame, toggle
    its lock status, toggle whether to hide the frame while there are no totems, and change the scale
    and opacity of the frame.

NicheTotemTimers_1.png

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Is there a good place to find a bunch of border textures for use with eePanels? Or do I just have to pull them out of custom UIs people have made?

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I think I've seen a collection of textures fit for, if not explicitly packaged for, such a use. Check the Ace repository perhaps.

Also, just uploaded a new version of SimpleDruidBar.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hmm, neat, thanks Saeris. I'll check it out when I remember to download it.

shadowane on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, I have SharedMedia, which seems like it ought to be such a repository, but it doesn't really have any border textures. There's also OurMedia, but I think that's mostly filled with recolors of stuff in the default UI.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hey folks, a little help. After a year or two Hiatus I'm being pulled back into WoW due to my Fiance just started playing. Back in the day I was an Addon-aholic. I spent every day before playing, making sure all were updated and there wasn't anything new that could replace what I already had. Near the end I had over 100 different addons depending on which class I was playing. When my fiance first started I did NOT want to have to keep track of all her addons for her, so I slapped MazzleUI on her system and she seems to like it.

Ok with all that out of the way, what are the must haves for a Priest now a days? I just started playing and at lvl 3 I already miss the clutter of my Addons. I used to be a Huge FuBar supporter and glad to see it's still out there. Anything else? Especially to make a nonhealer type person be a better Healer?

Thanks in Advance.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I remember someone posted a warlock sort of auto-seduce macro or something. Is that right? Could someone post it again?

captaink on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hey Saeris, would a mod that displays a large graphic when MV is a cast on one's self be possible?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    captaink wrote: »
    I remember someone posted a warlock sort of auto-seduce macro or something. Is that right? Could someone post it again?
    #show Seduction
    /focus [target=focus,noexists]; [target=focus,dead]
    /clearfocus [modifier:alt]
    /clearfocus [target=focus,help]
    /petstay
    /petfollow
    /stopcasting
    /cast [pet:succubus,target=focus,exists,harm] Seduction; Seduction

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Excellent

captaink on
  • Options
    theDewMongertheDewMonger regular
    edited April 2008
    I need an addon that will show what enemy player is targeting me in such a way that I can pick them up as a target. Or maybe there is a macro to do this?

theDewMonger on
  • Options
    narv107narv107 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hit Escape... anyone hitting or casting at you becomes your target. You even get them as your target while their spells are channeling.

narv107 on
  • Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    how in god's name can everyone be so in love with pitbull?

I just looked at the options menu. I expanded every single dropdown. that alone took about 10 minutes. then I counted how many individual screens worth of options there are. I got bored after about 300, and I was only about 1/3 through, so I'm estimating that there are about 1000 individual options panels. each of these options panels has about 1 to 15 options on it - I'll estimate 5 on average. so there's probably about 5000 individual options to select for the addon. let's say you spend 5 seconds on each option. yeah, many options you may skip over in a second, but many you might take minutes on. 5000 * 5 / 60 / 60 = about 7 hours to fully configure this addon. that's not even counting the time it would take to learn the scripting language used in many of the options. conclusion: I will not spend an entire waking day or more configuring this addon for prettier unit frames.

has everyone who configured PitBull spent ~7 hours getting it to look nice? or is there a secret layout repository I don't know about? I found this thread: http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=6878.460 but whenever I try to paste a layout I find there into the 'import layout' window, nothing happens -_-

every time I decide to try pitbull again, I am so quickly reminded of why I loathe it. l2ergonomics, pitbull dude. back to x-perl I go, which looks good right out of the box -_-

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

there are a lot of options

But seriously, it's not that complicated if you can be bothered to disable the stuff you don't use. Do I need to know what my group members' pets are targeting? No, I don't. So I disable that module. Coloring my health bars by the person with aggro? Don't need it. Portraits? Don't give a fuck.

If you go to the modules menu and disable the stuff you already know you don't want, Pitbull's config menu becomes a lot more manageable.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    theDewMongertheDewMonger regular
    edited April 2008

Start by disabling the modules you dont need.
    Then go to the global settings.
    Then go to the All Units section and configure those options to how you will want player, target, pet, tot, ppt, etc. To look, which typically are very similar.
    Next, configure your party bars, which usually are slightly streamlined main bars.
    After that, finish off your raid bars which are typically set by removing everything but the health bar and name, right?
    Finally, any minor tweaks you need can be done as you come to them.

My UI has changed a bajillion times in the few months I have been playing. So I really don't expect to EVER be done configuring pitbull or any of my other addons. Depending on what activity suits my fancy that particular week, different mods come in, different arrangements.

theDewMonger on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Hey Saeris, would a mod that displays a large graphic when MV is a cast on one's self be possible?

Mind Vision? Yes.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Saeris wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Mind Vision? Yes.

Yeah I was tired and didn't phrase that the way I ment. And what I wanted wouldn't work anyway.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Anyone have a mod that will only make my focus frame appear? I don't really feel like installing a whole bar mod just for it, but I think if I'm going to do 2v2 arenas it would be super helpful.

edit: There seems to be a mod on wowinterface called focus frame that will do exactly what I want. Neat.

shadowane on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    There is no focus frame in the default UI. It has to be created and maintained by an addon.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    So I accidentally drug my hands slot into the center of my screen and now I have an itemrack bar there showing the hands slot, it has 4 options I can do with it: Rotate it, lock it in place, or change settings. Nothing on the bar or in the itemrack settins says how to delete this bastard cube taking up space on my ui. Any help for a ui moron?

poisnedcoke on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    In the menu that shows all of your gear, you have to like shift-click your gloves slot or alt-click or something. Or maybe just regular click.

edit: And yeah Saeris, I get that the focus frame doesn't appear in the main UI. That's why I wanted a mod to show it. =)

shadowane on
  • Options
    BerenBeren Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So I finally bother to install Bongos2 and SCT, because I havn't had anything but the Default UI since pre-BC, and it's buggin' be a little bit finally.

Ergh, nothing but trouble. After an hour or two I've worked out all of my add-on problems but one. I can't seem to get NECB to show up any more. If I turn on the lat or FPS tracker, that will tick quite nicely but nothing else. No lifebloom timer! egad! Any suggestions?

Beren on
    PS4: DarconvillesCat
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Naturfreund stopped working on that a while ago. Belladonna started it up again, and renamed it to Natur CombatTimers. Give that version a shot, I believe it's compatible with the new combat log.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    BerenBeren Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    win!

Beren on
    PS4: DarconvillesCat
  • Options
    TheSkyIsBurningTheSkyIsBurning __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    I am a Mac user! /gasp!

To install addons, go to Finder > Applications > World of Warcraft > Interface > Addons > *drag files here*

TheSkyIsBurning on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Two Quick question for you Pitbull experts.

1) Countdown Timers(Using OmniCC) work on all my buttons but the icons on the Frames themselves I SAW It working at one point and now it doesn't. Is this an option I have to turn on and if so where? Or am I just confused....ie would be nice to see how much time is left on that buff on a party member.

2) How do I see party members buff/debuffs? I am only seeing the buff's I applied and would like to see all.

Thanks guys.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I would like to know if it's possible to have a mod that does the following: Count the # of debuffs on a boss. Just 2 numbers to know when we're hitting the cap (Because we've been hitting it at times, that much is certain).

(It would be awesome if it could be 2 numbers on FuBar)

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Banzai: look at the party member menu. Under extras (I think) there should be a checkbox labeled "aura filtering". uncheck that.

Sander: I don't know what/if unitframes you are using, but most have options how many debuffs are shown per line/how many lines are shown. If you set that to 4 lines a 10 debuffs, 4 full lines means you have hit the cap (I think the cap is 40). It requires a bit of quick math, but hey...

Kartan on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Those countdown numbers on the buff icons could possibly be a function of Pitbull and not OmniCC. Check the settings for your frames under the "Auras" menus.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm using Bartenders 3 for an addon. When I go to open a bag, it covers the Actionbar that I want to put something on, it being one of the Actionbars on the right side of your screen. Anyway for me to make the bags appear away from it? It does it with the default WoW interface.

TheSkyIsBurning on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I think, from the way the default UI handles frame placement, you'd either have to move the actionbar out of the way, or get a bag mod to move the bag frames.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Thanks for pointing me to Auras guys, that fixed my little problems.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Makershot wrote: »
    I think, from the way the default UI handles frame placement, you'd either have to move the actionbar out of the way, or get a bag mod to move the bag frames.

EDIT: I found Bagnon on Curse.com, works well now!

TheSkyIsBurning on
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I would like to know if it's possible to have a mod that does the following: Count the # of debuffs on a boss. Just 2 numbers to know when we're hitting the cap (Because we've been hitting it at times, that much is certain).

(It would be awesome if it could be 2 numbers on FuBar)

I use a mod called pDebufflist2 (or Demon I think it's called atm) that does something like this. It creates a small frame that shows a few letters for the important debuffs (Sunder, FF, CoR, Demo shout, etc.) and a counter for the number of debuffs currently on the boss, it doesn't show a max if thats what you are wanting but it'll hit red when it is maxed out.

Junpei on
This discussion has been closed.