Options

[WoW] UI stands for "User Interface," not "u idiot"

• Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You just put that code in a Lua file that gets loaded every time you login.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    NezzarNezzar Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Drool wrote: »
    Anyone happen to have Ani's Helm'n'Cloak Toggle addon somewhere? It's an old addon that curse doesn't have anymore. It just adds a toggle to the character pane to turn your helm/cloak graphics off. I don't have it anymore, and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

HatTrick does this but it has been 7 months since it has been updated (according to the wowace site). So it may or may not work.

Nezzar on
  • Options
    CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I've just got into WoW and am playing a Druid. The whole UI mod thing is something i'd like to check out. I've had a browse through a couple of the sites mentioned in the OP, and theres a few mods i think i'll try out over the weekend, namely Cartographer, Damage Meters (i'm an accountant... innate need to count things :P), Auctioneer, Gatherer, and a cooldown mod i think was called OmniCC?

Some things i'd also like, but cant really pinpoint the right mods easily, would be a mod that monitors buff durations, one that can resize and add a timer to my casting bar (i've seen this in screenshots in this thread), and something to better manage my quests. Any suggestions?

Cryogen on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You can add buff/debuff durations via the in game interface menu without any mods. eCastbar is what I use for my casts.

815165 on
  • Options
    MillbuddahMillbuddah Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Cryogen wrote: »
    I've just got into WoW and am playing a Druid. The whole UI mod thing is something i'd like to check out. I've had a browse through a couple of the sites mentioned in the OP, and theres a few mods i think i'll try out over the weekend, namely Cartographer, Damage Meters (i'm an accountant... innate need to count things :P), Auctioneer, Gatherer, and a cooldown mod i think was called OmniCC?

Some things i'd also like, but cant really pinpoint the right mods easily, would be a mod that monitors buff durations, one that can resize and add a timer to my casting bar (i've seen this in screenshots in this thread), and something to better manage my quests. Any suggestions?

For casting bar mods, Quartz or ecastingbar are both good. For quest management, I love Lightheaded because it also incorporates the wowhead comments into the quest so you can look up strats/coords without alt tabbing out on tough quests. For buff durations, I find the built in function to work well but I've seen people using Sorren's Timers and it will do that for you. Hope that helps.

*edit: For your damage meter, I heartily recommend Recount. It is chock full of delicious numbers that will also spit out graphs and pie charts!! mmmm pie....

Millbuddah on
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So, uh, which folder is it that contains all your addon settings?

Toothy on
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Account: <WoW>\WTF\Account\<account name>\SavedVariables\
    Character: <WoW>\WTF\Account\<account name>\<realm name>\<character name>\SavedVariables\

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Will IceHUD incorporate quartz? Or, is there another HUD that does?

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    theDewMongertheDewMonger regular
    edited March 2008
    Cryogen wrote: »

If you combine FastQuestClassic, DoubleWide (quite small mods) with Cartographer's Quest module, you got it made in the shade.

edit: Also, you might want to consider smaller alternatives. I personally play on a sub-par system, so every little bit of memory is important to conserve. I don't use the big functionality of Auctioneer, so I found some smaller mods the give me the tooltip info, which is all I need. Also, if you don't use all the modules for cartographer that show you where everything is, and just want it for making notes on the map, MapNotes does this with much lighter memory use, and also has more (that I could find) custom icon collections. However, Cartographer does do some things (like the quest module) that I have yet to find an alternative for.

theDewMonger on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Re did my UI tonight. I much prefer it now :D

WoWScrnShot_031608_225839.jpg

Tav on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Nezzar wrote: »
    Drool wrote: »
    Anyone happen to have Ani's Helm'n'Cloak Toggle addon somewhere? It's an old addon that curse doesn't have anymore. It just adds a toggle to the character pane to turn your helm/cloak graphics off. I don't have it anymore, and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

HatTrick does this but it has been 7 months since it has been updated (according to the wowace site). So it may or may not work.

Yeah I tried that it's broken. I just made a couple little buttons with macros on them. It works just as well.

Drool on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm trying to find a new way to organize my UI for raiding as an off-tank/melee DPS. I'm finding I'm either getting too much information or not enough information in the ways I've organized things--I would like suggestions if there are any.

Here's the two UIs I've used recently, one with IceHUD and Grid, and one with just Pitbull (for which the best I could do was bring up the Test UI--sorry about that):

curui2jpg.jpg

curuijpg.jpg

Ledneh on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I tried out pitbull for a short while today. Interesting mod, the choice of a guy punching you in the cock over and over was an interesting choice of configuration method.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    How exactly does Grid work for healing?

I am getting tired of using blizz's raid ui.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    well, you get a full raid representation, with every raidmember his own square. You can then customize the color, border, text, icons etc. in that square to reepresent different things. For example, I have my grid set up so that it shows if people are missing MotW in the upper right corner, if people have lifebloom ticking (and how long) as the text, poisons and curses as the center icon, aggro in the top left corner etc. etc. etc. Basicly one glance at grid can give you a very good overview of what is happening, while still leaving enough open viewscreen to actually see the boss sometimes.

Kartan on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You also combine grid with clique. In addition to the customizable overview grid provides, you can heal the raid by shift+ or alt+clicking the squares.

Edit: I believe there's also a grid plugin that will show you who has a heal incoming.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I like Blizz's UI for 10 mans but for 25 mans it doesn't cut it since it's not customizable at all.

Opty on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I really love the incoming heals coloring that Pitbull does now. It's cool knowing when I don't have to bother blowing my potion cooldown on a healing pot, heh.

riz on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    So I'd like to be able to swap between my tanking gear and DPS gear without having to do it manually all the time.

What's the best mod for this? Bearing in mind I don't care about fancy automatic or event based shit; I just wanna spend less time right clicking on my bags.

815165 on
  • Options
    MalyonsusMalyonsus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    ClosetGnome is probably the most basic. You can define full or partial sets that you can select or keybind.

Outfitter is the one a lot of people swear by. It's got full and partial sets, automatic switching, and scripting for autobuilding (like, make a set maxing my spell hit)

Malyonsus on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    ItemRack is pretty boss.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    DarkstrykeDarkstryke Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Just tried out questhelper on one of my alts. Damn, wish I had it the first time around.

Darkstryke on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I can't remember if I had itemrack or outfitter in my old UI, but whichever one was totally awesome. You could bind automatic sets for stances, druid forms, riding, in town, Battlegrounds, etc. It could also auto-stash stuff in the bank, or withdraw it.

captaink on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I like Outfitter because it lets you open your character pane and pick up an item, and a bar appears with all the options in your bag for that slot. It makes manually adjusting gear easier, in addition to the usual set-swapping.

riz on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm using outfitter since I couldn't find a version of Itemrack that worked. I like outfitter better, it's just a bit more simple.

I hope it doesn't break tomorrow.

Drool on
  • Options
    Sasquatch TimetodieSasquatch Timetodie Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hey ya'll, this is first time posting in this thread. I have a problem with the retina/optic nerve of my eye, so i can never get fully 20-20 vision, and small details are difficult fpr me to make out. So when crafting my UI, I had to take into accountability my own visibility issues, as well as the claustrophobia brought on by everything being larger. I came up with this.

XPerl, Bartender3, fuBar, eePanels and simpleMiniMap are the addons visible here. i also use ArkInventory, Quartz, Prat and simpleCombatLog, not to mention a bajillion other small addons, mostly ones integrated into fuBar.
    wowscrnshot032408211335hs1.jpg

What do you think? Personally, I love it,

Sasquatch Timetodie on
    -Sasquatch TimetoDie
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Which addon is it that says how much damage/healing your spells are going to do on the action bar?

815165 on
  • Options
    narv107narv107 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    DrDamage is my guess

narv107 on
  • Options
    theDewMongertheDewMonger regular
    edited March 2008
    Very nice, Sasquatch....

but tell me, do you play WOW down at the local movie theater? That screen is humongous.

theDewMonger on
  • Options
    X3x3nonX3x3non Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I have seen these these health/mana bars on several screenshots on this board and I would love to make them my own! Could one of you noble gentlemen point out the mods in this screenshot. I rather like what this player has done here.
    WoWScrnShot_020407_033750.jpg

X3x3non on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    Which addon is it that says how much damage/healing your spells are going to do on the action bar?

Dr. Damage is what I use, but there are a few other mods which do this as well.
    Very nice, Sasquatch....

but tell me, do you play WOW down at the local movie theater? That screen is humongous.

Got it last Black Friday for cheap. Fry's Electronics kicks ass.

Sasquatch Timetodie on
    -Sasquatch TimetoDie
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    X3x3non wrote: »
    I have seen these these health/mana bars on several screenshots on this board and I would love to make them my own! Could one of you noble gentlemen point out the mods in this screenshot. I rather like what this player has done here.
    WoWScrnShot_020407_033750.jpg

I think those are either AG_UnitFrames or Pitbull, but I can't be sure.

Sasquatch Timetodie on
    -Sasquatch TimetoDie
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Those are Pitbull, though you could achieve a similar layout with ag_UF.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    orpheusorpheus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Since 2.4 chronometer has been working fine except it no longer shows the duration of Find Weakness. I updated it and reset it and it shows the duration of my SnD and Kidney shots fine, but won't show Find Weakness. It still shows on Elk's Buff Bars though. Grr.

orpheus on
    But, if you are after mere parlor tricks, you will be sorely disappointed. For if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, but your very soul!
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    SAERIS!

What part of the WTF folder exactly needs to be baleeted for 2.4? WoW implodes when I go to SM/QD, but I really, really don't want to reconfigure all my addons.

Here's hoping you know.

Well, less hoping, more assuming, to give an accurate picture of my confidence in it.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    narv107narv107 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    What I did was to log in with my updated addons and then alt tab and delete everything in my WTF folder. When I logged out my configurations were saved again fresh and clean.

narv107 on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Kainy wrote: »
    SAERIS!

What part of the WTF folder exactly needs to be baleeted for 2.4? WoW implodes when I go to SM/QD, but I really, really don't want to reconfigure all my addons.

Here's hoping you know.

Well, less hoping, more assuming, to give an accurate picture of my confidence in it.
    The format, provided that you haven't installed WoW to a abnormal location, is C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\[ACCOUNT NAME]\[SERVER NAMES]\[CHARACTERS\. Each character has its own configuration files. Additionally, there's a set of global configuration files found in the "Saved Variables" folder, which you'll find alongside the [SERVER NAME] folders.

If you happen to know exactly which addons are causing your issues, you can go into each folder and delete that addon's configuration files. Or you can wipe the whole thing, it doesn't matter--removing the WTF folder won't break the game, as WoW will just recreate it upon it's next startup.

narv107's idea is brilliant, though. Do just that, and most (if not all) of your problems should disappear.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So...the new Combat log. Pretty nifty huh? Well its kinda annoying that it rewrites its entire history every time you zone in or out. Apparently there is a script command (Blizzard_CombatLog_CurrentSettings.settings.showHistory=false) that prevents that, buts its only giving me an error message (something about something being a nil value). So I beg for enlightment by the coding spirits that dwell here.

Kartan on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    so I have been using NECB for watching VR, but it seems to have been buttfucked, and I don't really like using such a massive mod for just one thing

is there anything else that can do that for me?

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I tried out that PitBull thing that was talked about earlier. It took a while to set up, but it's actually pretty nice. I just have one problem. On my Shaman, the new totem icons that pop up, that you can click on, have their own little bar...and it tends to hop and shift around randomly. I couldn't find any options to fix that...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
This discussion has been closed.