As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CHAT]urday! In the park! Musta been the fourth of July!

• Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    multimoog wrote: »
    I said it in another thread but it bears repeating out here: we should stop defending current-day art hacks by comparing their work to actual, authentic innovators who were at the forefront of a movement (or at least recognized as breaking new ground). This woman didn't even have the guts (Ha!) to do what her artists' statement said she was doing.

Because such innovators like Édouard Manet weren't taken with ill reception. They tore down his piece Olympia and spat on it. Without him, Impressionism would not be around.

Now of course I am not going to compare a master like Manet to some Senior Undergrad student with shitty performance art. This woman is obviously breaking new ground, albeit in an apparently unclear way.

How do you know if the piece was successful or not without viewing it?

Mustang wrote: »
    Well in all fairness, I didn't splatter my unborn fetus onto a canvas and call it art........or did I?

Neither did she.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I uhh....

Got some mail today.

Grifter....all err...transgressions are forgiven.

D:D:D:

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Are you going to spam the thread again?

Tam on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh man, I need to get me some of this gear.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I think you'd get shot if you wore those in the hood. Seriously, what the hell.

Anyways, we've been having earthquakes and aftershocks all day.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Tam wrote: »
    Are you going to spam the thread again?

goddamn it

edit: i didn't "spam"

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh man, I need to get me some of this gear.

Wow... just wow... way to go Kellogs. What is the motivation for this? I wonder if they got wind of Captain Crunch's plan to target un-popular inner city kids with hip-hop dreams.

EDIT:
    I'm pretty sure that there is a prefectly logical and convincing marketing plan made by very intelligent people that points out why this is a good idea... but for the life of me, I can't see it.
    toucannw6.jpg

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Wait what?

No son, that leads to your ass.

Calamity Jane on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    You got your shit, now get out of here.

OH WOW ITALICS!

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Atmosphere's new album is amazing... that's all I have to say.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    It seems that this girl wasn't lying and that Yale was trying to cover their own asses or she might be lying to bring more attention to her project or I don't know...

http://yaledailynews.com/articles/view/24528

Grifter on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    I uhh....

Got some mail today.

what did he send you?
    a barrel of hookers i imagine.

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Is that like a barrel of monkeys.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, you start to pull one out, but they're all linked at the vagina, so you end up pulling out a long chain of hookers.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    beavotron wrote: »
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    I uhh....

Got some mail today.

what did he send you?
    a barrel of hookers i imagine.

Fear Agent's first volume, the first issue of Justice League Europe, issue zero of Steel and an issue of Animal Man.

I imagine the whores wouldn't have lasted long.

Calamity Jane on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, you start to pull one out, but they're all linked at the vagina, so you end up pulling out a long chain of hookers.

:lol:

I just completely envisioned the "Barrel of Monkeys" game.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    forgetting sarah marshall was seriously the funniest movie i've seen since juno

it was perfect.

beavotron on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    Ugh. I was supposed to drive out to my parents' place (2 hrs away) tonight and then go up skiing tomorrow. I got out of the city and realized that there was fog/vapor coming out of my heater vents and that I could smell coolant/anti-freeze. Stopped and checked and, sure enough, my heater core is leaking (it happened once before and I replaced it 2-3 years ago).

So I call my parents to let them know what's happening, turn around and head back to the city and on my way back in, this guy swerves around a corner in front of me the wrong way into oncoming traffic. A mini-van ahead of me swerved to avoid him and I swerved to avoid the mini-van and luckily everyone escaped unscathed but I'm still wired on adrenaline. D:

Thank god for driving games honing my reflexes.

DMAC on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    DMAC wrote: »
    Ugh. I was supposed to drive out to my parents' place (2 hrs away) tonight and then go up skiing tomorrow. I got out of the city and realized that there was fog/vapor coming out of my heater vents and that I could smell coolant/anti-freeze. Stopped and checked and, sure enough, my heater core is leaking (it happened once before and I replaced it 2-3 years ago).

So I call my parents to let them know what's happening, turn around and head back to the city and on my way back in, this guy swerves around a corner in front of me the wrong way into oncoming traffic. A mini-van ahead of me swerved to avoid him and I swerved to avoid the mini-van and luckily everyone escaped unscathed but I'm still wired on adrenaline. D:

But did you get bonus points for running down a hooker?

see317 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm still wired on adrenaline. D:

Thats how I was last Thursday when I got hit by the car. I felt fine walking around and everything, just super jumpy. Then about 45 minutes later when I was on the stretcher, the pain set it, couldn't walk on my foot until yesterday.

Adrenaline is awesome stuff.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Iruka wrote: »
    Bog made me watch an episode of that! it was like the FLCL replacement, though it doesn't seem as popular yet.

It was directed and written by the same guy I've heard. Its still too abstract and unknown to sell greatly , I would thing (although i would buy some were it available.)
    the last episode was released in japan in the end of 2007. i think it's way to early to expect it to be aired in The US or even for the DVD's to be out in japan.

r-jasper on
  • Options
    VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Speaking of lower appendages...

...my leg is killing me right now, earlier today I was taking a nap before I had to head out to the design exit show, anyway, when I got up to shower and get dressed I stood up and collapsed to the floor like my leg simply forgot it was its turn to do something. Then for like another 5 minutes my leg wouldn't work for me to get back up. Really weird, its not like it was asleep or anything either it just didn't work and when I fell I landed on it pretty awkwardly. I ignored it all day and now it fucking hurts I was standing all night which probably didn't help things.

Veritas on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

Funny you should say this! Twice I've had my car skid out of control and on both occasions I've successfully regained control thanks to driving games. Maybe one day I'll be shot at and instinctively run away jumping.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    is it really so hard for people to not smoke in the house?
    really?
    it's your fucking dirty habit, don't push it on the rest of us living here.

FUUUUUCCCK!!!

beavotron on
  • Options
    Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Smoking around other people is like peeing in a public pool, except with no chance of being sterile.

Sorry Beev, I know your pain.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I personally like the arsenic and traces of uranium 235 infiltrating my bloodstream. Makes me feel alive.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Then you should enjoy the traces of Uranium in all the food you eat. Its from agriculture, not the tobacco.

Or how about all the estrogen you drink down every day from your local water?

I'm a smoker and I find smoke in bars to be fucking annoying. I always follow the rules. Even in my car if I have others with me, I ask them if they mind it or not.

Your right, its our dirty habit ;D

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I drink rain.
    and estrogen

Tam on
  • Options
    multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »
    Then you should enjoy the traces of Uranium in all the food you eat. Its from agriculture, not the tobacco.

That's what gives my skin its healthy green glow!

multimoog on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    so after nine months of my ferrets living with my ex, they're living with me again
    and i bought them this giant beautiful cage, they immediately start gnawing the bars, so being a sucker for my ferrets, i let them out. they immediately make a dash for my closet, and curl up in the clothes i had intended on wearing tonight

man did i ever miss them, they are so damn cute:
    Picture005.jpg

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Guys, American Gods by Neil Gaiman is beyond awesome.

Tam on
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    D'awwwww, cute ferrets. Damnit, now I miss my old gerbils. I want new ones but I don't have any room for pets here :(

Also Tam, yes it is indeed awesome.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Is your ferret sticking its tongue out at me?

PS: I'm casting the bear trap rings tonight beavo, so that ring size would be nice to have. I have like 3 other orders to fill for those, so you snooze you lose.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    Man as a kid I always wanted a ferret for a pet, but my parents were like 'no' and I was still like 'yes, totally!' and would not shut up about getting a ferret.

Then my Dad found a newspaper article with a headline like "FERRET GNAWS OFF 3 MONTH OLD INFANT'S FACE", shoved it in my face and was like 'FUCK NO'. :(

But honestly, then, as now, I'd probably still rather have a ferret than a 3 month old infant anyway so what's the big deal huh.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    Asamof the HorribleAsamof the Horrible Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ferrets and Skunks are illegal to own as pets in California :cry:

Asamof the Horrible on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    As a kid I tried so many things to get pets. I tried to reason, I tried to plead. I brought up such compelling arguments as "but why can't I have a rabbit mom, it's not like I'm asking for a snake!". Strangely, that did nothing to convince my mother. She told me I could have a goldfish and that was that. Goldfish are poor substitutes for cute cuddly rabbits (or dogs, or cats, or whatever else I wanted in my youth).

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    Ferrets are illegal to own as pets in California.

God.

Dammit.

:x

I had a goldfish that survived about 2 weeks before dying, I don't even remember what it's name was and I don't really care.

I did have a parakeet, which was a bit of a step up, bit still a little light on the whole playing/personality thing. I want a mammal, dammit!

EDIT: Also I finished Professor Layton and it was rad. I picked up Apollo Justice and it is also rad.

Also Mom it's pronounced "the pope" not "the pulp" and I know you don't have an accent so what is your excuse.

And it's not MORZILLA FIREFOX either.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Guys, American Gods by Neil Gaiman is beyond awesome.

Go read Neverwhere... It's even better (IMO, at least). :D

Flay on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I don't think I named my goldfish in my youth. If I did I probably gave them really lame names like.. Fishie.. or Blub. I did later on get a pair of goldfish that I named Gandalf and Merlin, a marked improvement in goldfish naming right there!

Then again, I referred to my gerbils as "Gerbie" and "The fat one".

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    Asamof the HorribleAsamof the Horrible Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The first parakeet we got was eaten by a dog D:

Boy did that girl feel bad, especially since she was told before not to bring that dog over when she came over. My little brother, owner of the bird, didn't seem that affected...but my mom was a different story

Also, I just finished the first case in Trials and Tribulations! Man, Godot is one smooth customer

Asamof the Horrible on
This discussion has been closed.