Options

Hugs are where its [chat]!

• Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Okay, recap post so that I can quote it from later --

I went to a facility called Summit Oaks, in Summit, NJ, down the road from where I previously was committed [twice] in 2005. Summit Oaks Hospital has five units -- 1 is Adult Psychiatric, 2 is Rehab/Pride Unit, 3 is being renovated, 4 is Child Psychiatric, and 5 is Detox.

The reason my sister chose the program in the first place, and why I was so compliant, is the presence of the 'Pride Institute' program which was supposed to be a supportive environment blah blah LGBT people blah blah. Anyway.

That program was always so low in attendance that they now mix it with the rehab unit. I was initially very frustrated to be checked into Unit 1, but after they told me that the LGBT focus of Unit 2 only existed in the pamphlets, I sort of accepted my fate.

My first five days or so were pretty terrible -- my roommate was spurring PTSD flashbacks, I was having generic panic attacks, and I never even got to see the doctor until the fifth day, so they couldn't give me any sort of medication. Blah blah blah. I dunno, I don't feel like rattling things off right now. I got out early because there was a patient who assaulted me twice, a large amount of harassment, and a death threat made. So, because they couldn't do anything about those things and because I seemed to be getting better, they complied with my request for early discharge. THE END. I guess.

I'm on something for anxiety as-needed but don't have the scrip for yet (Thursday), the Lithium, Lamactil, and Zyprexa.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    So when a girls friends are being retarded and over protective, I'm allowed to tell her that they're being idiots, right?

If you're retarded, sure.

Picking a fight with a girls friends is one of the most brave moves a man can possibly do and you should be immensely careful in doing it. It's like charging into open warfare where both sides may decide they hate you more at a whim.

Edit: Sounds like a complete waste of time Oboro, much like what you predicted I guess. Sorry to hear that, but at least you got away from your sister for a while I guess.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bombed both my finals today
    Oh well
    One thing that ticks me off most is cheaters
    I did badly on my PDE test but I assumed from the test lots of people would too or worse, which would be good for me, but there were lots of people who were clearly cheating which ticks me off a lot
    Fucking cheating fucks

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    So when a girls friends are being retarded and over protective, I'm allowed to tell her that they're being idiots, right?

If you're retarded, sure.

Picking a fight with a girls friends is one of the most brave moves a man can possibly do and you should be immensely careful in doing it. It's like charging into open warfare where both sides may decide they hate you more at a whim.

It's not brave its retarded. Basically you're saying "I'm willing to put my relationship in the hands of vindictive people, also I want my girl to choose between me and them". I'm not saying you let them insult you, but you have to remember telling her her friends are retarded is a lose lose situation.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    I can have natural sugar (So, I can eat any fruit bar avocados and more then one banana a day) or anything which has 10g of sugar per 100g. So basically, I can't have cakes, biscuits, most chocolate, most sweets, ice cream (Bar one type, which is nice but really expensive as ice cream goes) and pretty much anything else which is sugary. I can eat crisps (Chips to you Americans) but they cause my skin to break out, so I'm limited to a pack or two a week of low fat ones.

:( I'm sorry. Do you get nutritional labels on food like there is in America? You could check the nutritional contents of a pie and see if you could have a small serving, maybe spaced out with other food so the sugar concentration that your body processes isn't too high?

Some foods give the exact sugar concentration, which others only give the amount of carbs. The general rule of thumb is to divide the amount of carbs by two to get the sugar, but generally pie is 80-90g carbs (per 100g).

Right, so if you take one bite of pie, and then follow it up with 9 bites of celery, that should come out to 10g of sugar per 100, just like your doctor wanted!

dancesciencefe3.gif

SCIENCE

Sami on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited May 2008

The only thing that's ever worked for me is to try and be the bigger person. Every time I've been remotely snarky about a girl's friends - even when they deeply, profoundly deserve it, and even when she agrees (at the time) that they deserve it - I end up regretting it later.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    jacobkosh wrote: »

The only thing that's ever worked for me is to try and be the bigger person. Every time I've been remotely snarky about a girl's friends - even when they deeply, profoundly deserve it, and even when she agrees (at the time) that they deserve it - I end up regretting it later.

Trying to be the better person is the only thing that has ever worked for me ever. Ever.

Greeper on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Sami wrote: »
    Right, so if you take one bite of pie, and then follow it up with 9 bites of celery, that should come out to 10g of sugar per 100, just like your doctor wanted!

dancesciencefe3.gif

SCIENCE

I know, right? I've been studying cell metabolic processes, so that means I'm like the bestest most qualified nutritionist you can ever hope to talk to.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Greeper wrote: »

Trying to be the better person is the only thing that has ever worked for me ever. Ever.

The only exception to the better person rule is when you are being chased by bears, then you are just the faster person.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Preacher wrote: »

The only exception to the better person rule is when you are being chased by bears, then you are just the faster person.

that's still a better person rule.

A better you than them person rule.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Yeah, it's definitely hard, though. I really hate it when something feels unfair, and being the better person usually means you just have to let it go, and it just really irks me for a while.

On the other hand, do you really want to date someone who can't tell that her friends are being retarded? Or worse, just idiots in general.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, it's definitely hard, though. I really hate it when something feels unfair, and being the better person usually means you just have to let it go, and it just really irks me for a while.

On the other hand, do you really want to date someone who can't tell that her friends are being retarded? Or worse, just idiots in general.

I dunno how big are her tits? Does she do crazy stuff in bed? These are important questions!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    So like my dating experience is very limited, so I may be very naive. My boyfriend has no problems with telling people they're being dumb. On one hand, he's only had two relationships (or so he says dun Dun DUUUN!), but they've both been fairly stable and lasted many years. So if you want quality rather than quantity, you shouldn't hesitate to call people on their shit. Though you should definitely take care to be mature in the way you call them out, so you don't act like a hot-headed jackass yourself.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well the issue is, how are the friends being stupid? Men have a way different defintion then women do. So there can be major differences.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    Okay, recap post so that I can quote it from later --

I went to a facility called Summit Oaks, in Summit, NJ, down the road from where I previously was committed [twice] in 2005. Summit Oaks Hospital has five units -- 1 is Adult Psychiatric, 2 is Rehab/Pride Unit, 3 is being renovated, 4 is Child Psychiatric, and 5 is Detox.

The reason my sister chose the program in the first place, and why I was so compliant, is the presence of the 'Pride Institute' program which was supposed to be a supportive environment blah blah LGBT people blah blah. Anyway.

That program was always so low in attendance that they now mix it with the rehab unit. I was initially very frustrated to be checked into Unit 1, but after they told me that the LGBT focus of Unit 2 only existed in the pamphlets, I sort of accepted my fate.

My first five days or so were pretty terrible -- my roommate was spurring PTSD flashbacks, I was having generic panic attacks, and I never even got to see the doctor until the fifth day, so they couldn't give me any sort of medication. Blah blah blah. I dunno, I don't feel like rattling things off right now. I got out early because there was a patient who assaulted me twice, a large amount of harassment, and a death threat made. So, because they couldn't do anything about those things and because I seemed to be getting better, they complied with my request for early discharge. THE END. I guess.

I'm on something for anxiety as-needed but don't have the scrip for yet (Thursday), the Lithium, Lamactil, and Zyprexa.
    Damn Oboro, why does that weird stuff keep happening to you.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well the issue is, how are the friends being stupid? Men have a way different defintion then women do. So there can be major differences.

I can't dispute that, certainly. Though my boyfriend and I do largely agree on what constitutes "stupid." But again, I don't have a very broad experience.

edit: I mean, I guess I do also assume that the person in question is not-stupid and rational himself. I dunno, maybe VishNub is trying to talk the girl into having unprotected sex in a threesome. In which case the friends aren't being stupid and over-protective in my opinion.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

I dunno how big are her tits? Does she do crazy stuff in bed? These are important questions!
    That's what I'm saying.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    That was my problem, I dunno vishnub and stupid and overprotecting can mean anything. Maybe he's pushing her to sleep with him in general, or maybe its just dating who knows. I just say error on the side of not alienating her friends because when your girlfriend doesn't have friends, you become her only friend.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm a big fan of being blunt with people, and fuck them if they can't take it.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I've never regretted being too blunt.

I've regretted being too nice plenty of times.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »

That's what I'm saying.

Than knows good movies and he knows women. There is a reason why he's in charge of H/A. I do have to say your post yesterday locking that guy asking how to call in sick was hilarious.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    I've never regretted being too blunt.

I've regretted being too nice plenty of times.

Don't listen to Feral he just wants into your pants.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Feral is gay for dudes

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I thought he was gay for chicks.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Feral is gay for dudes

And he's blunt, which means no lube man. So prepare to be ridden like a donkey at the grand canyon.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Feral is gay for dudes

Just for dudes? Has Feral raised his standards from "sentient being?"

And, as for alienating your potential mate, I think that completely depends on how much she respects your opinion.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Feral is gay for dudes

And, as for alienating your potential mate, I think that completely depends on how much she respects your opinion.

And tit size. Let's not forget that

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Feral is gay for dudes

Hey hey hey.

Vegetables need love, too.

Feral on

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Feral is gay for dudes

And tit size. Let's not forget that

Goes without saying man. If she's got double ds, then you have got to do what you can to please.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

That's what I'm saying.
    Than knows good movies and he knows women. There is a reason why he's in charge of H/A. I do have to say your post yesterday locking that guy asking how to call in sick was hilarious.
    I'm totally going to make a "No Fat Chicks" sign for our movie night, man.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    We must also consider the question of whether her ass is "all that"

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Feral on

• Options
    edited May 2008

Awesome. I told my fiancee about that and she was like "I dunno if you should meet dudes from the internet" then when I said it was you she's like "Oh hes funny go ahead he wont rape you".

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited May 2008

I've dated a couple of those.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Awesome. I told my fiancee about that and she was like "I dunno if you should meet dudes from the internet" then when I said it was you she's like "Oh hes funny go ahead he wont rape you".

Man she doesn't know Than very well does she?

Feral on

• Options
    edited May 2008

I've dated a couple of those.

Closest I've ever come was a starfish.

Feral on

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    1) It's a guy friend, if that matters, in this case I don't think it does (knowing her and her relationship to him)
    2) He was just doing the annoying "grawr if you hurt her grawr" posturing nonsense. I found it annoying.

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Man she doesn't know Than very well does she?

I let her have the fantasy man. I mean really why else would I go if not for the rapes?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    1) It's a guy friend, if that matters, in this case I don't think it does (knowing her and her relationship to him)
    2) He was just doing the annoying "grawr if you hurt her grawr" posturing nonsense. I found it annoying.

How about just telling him that he's retarded?

Feral on

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

How about just telling him that he's retarded?

She was sitting there.

VishNub on
This discussion has been closed.