Options

[WoW] You are now saved to this [chat]

• Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah that's a stereotype I'll give you. Guilty of that one myself.

riz on
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    riz wrote: »
    planetes42 wrote: »
    but really -- just because there are counter examples to the stereotype doesn't completely void the stereotype. It just means that, as in every other case, there are exceptions to the rule.

But is it a rule if these "exceptions" are more common than people seem to think? Or is it a baseless stereotype that people hear and perpetuate but is untrue in everyday example? I've been in my guild for like four years and seen a lot of people come and go. I have never seen a pattern to justify the stereotype being called a rule.

I say that it's a baseless stereotype. I personally know a lot of girls who play WoW and there's no trend towards healer. I wouldn't say that there's a general trend either way, in fact. I know plenty of guy healers and plenty of female tanks. Hell, one of my personal best female friends plays a male Tauren boomkin and nothing else. :lol:

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Well its just smart planning, I mean if you can pick two positions to always be filled by reliable people you'll pick the two most important. Usually the couple plays other characters, but generally they will have a healer tank combo at least alt style. Personally I have 3 tanks in Wow, 4 if you count an aborted paladin.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That may be what I'm basing this around.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Been there, done that.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Now that I think about it though, it seems that all the couples tend to trend this way though. Seems most are Guy-Tank, Lady-Healer although it can flip flop.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    bowen wrote: »
    Now that I think about it though, it seems that all the couples tend to trend this way though. Seems most are Guy-Tank, Lady-Healer although it can flip flop.

Or guy tank guy healer... Don't forget not just heteros play.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Which one does the bottom play?

bowen on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Not true. My ex-wife and I did Tank/healer (me) and DPS (her). And when we were raiding I was a healer and she was a DPS who switched to a healer.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    every broad generalization ever made is wrong

planetes42 on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

That's why they tend to be a bad idea.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »

That's why they tend to be a bad idea.

I think you missed the joke in his statement.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Yeah bitches just don't know how to make a generalization.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Like generalizations about broads?

Hmm, couples I've known... dps/dps, healer(male)/tank(female, rerolled dps), tank(male, rerolled dps)/dps(female), dps(male)/healer(female), healer(male)/dps(female)... My most recent relationship started when he was a tank and I was dps but then I rerolled healer for Wrath. He had also joined our guild originally as a healer.

Basically this is all silly!

riz on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

GF and I did healer/healer in vanilla, but the people we played with were all "tank tank tank" so healing seemed an obvious path.

These days we're tank/healer because pretty much just us and her brother play, so if we wanted to do any group stuff we had to solve heals and tanking on our own.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Hey I hear people with a penis can't play healers.

True story.

bowen on
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah I didn't intend to start this particular discussion by sharing that story. Oh well.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009

True story.

Man I know I can't, I want to get up there and beat things not sit back and cast fairy spells like some kitchen appliance.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Iroh wrote: »
    Yeah I didn't intend to start this particular discussion by sharing that story. Oh well.

You just stumbled onto one of my trigger topics.

riz on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

True story.

Man I know I can't, I want to get up there and beat things not sit back and cast fairy spells like some kitchen appliance.

Son, you haven't been healed until you've been healed by a real man.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

True story.

I know right. They should get back in the kitchen and bake me a cake with their chain heals. mirite? Hi5.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

True story.

I know right. They should get back in the kitchen and bake me a cake with their chain heals. mirite? Hi5.

Hell yeah, I mean if its not sucking my dick or letting me stick my dick into it, better be cooking and then healing. Penis = Power.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't think I've ever seen a female tank, although people on here have referenced female tanks, and the population of tanks is a bit smaller than healers or dps.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    End wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever seen a female tank, although people on here have referenced female tanks, and the population of tanks is a bit smaller than healers or dps.

A lot of the women I've run across in game don't advertise their real sex because they have played MMO's enough to know the slobbering retards.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Because they don't have a penis. Without a penis you can't take it like a man.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I have a RL group photo of our tanks and it includes the GF of our Ret paladin who tanked for a different guild.

Edit: Also, as a group we made a damn impressive wall.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    My RL (and prot paladin) is a taiwanese woman. She's awesome, but doesn't quite pronounce a lot of words correctly.

And it is hilarious.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

A lot of the women I've run across in game don't advertise their real sex because they have played MMO's enough to know the slobbering retards.

That would apply to PuG tanks, but I've heard all our guild tanks on vent. In every single guild I've ever been in.

Maybe some chicks just have really manly voices.

Anyhow, like I said, relatively small sample size.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009

That would apply to PuG tanks, but I've heard all our guild tanks on vent. In every single guild I've ever been in.

Maybe some chicks just have really manly voices.

Anyhow, like I said, relatively small sample size.

Its ok End, its not the size of your sample, but what you do with it. Pee wee.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Of the women I've "met" playing MMOs, most of them have been healers, the large majority of the remaining were casters and exactly one was a tank. And she was a caster tank at that (paladin).

Halfmex on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Blatent sexism aside, do you guys have couples in your guild that break up for a while, dude leaves for another guild and chick stays with us, gets some some progression gear, then is forced to leave the guild when they get back together because she's getting better gear (and more friends) than he is?

I hate that.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Achievement spam is fun. I just got Oculus, Heroic Oculus, Northrend Dungeonmaster, Northrend Dungeon Hero and Champion of the Frozen Wastes all at once. And then Timear Foresees as soon as I got back to Dalaran.

Soundwave on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I've seen that dietary, I've also seen a guy stop playing and make his girl who pays all the bills his bum ass doesn't, stop playing because his widdle feelings were hurt. They are back to playing and still together.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The main tank in my guild is female.

Do I win?

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Arkan wrote: »

Do I win?

Yeah 3 days out of the month your tank has an endless rage bar.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Do I win?

Yeah 3 days out of the month your tank has a constant bleed effect.

Fix'd.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Do I win?
    Yeah 3 days out of the month your tank has a constant bleed effect.

Fix'd.
    That response wins. Nice work.

:^:

Halfmex on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Didn't we just have this conversation like a week ago?

Adus on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    welcome to chat

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Do I win?

No I've had you beat since MC. (One of three MTs was a female pre-BC, sole MT was female throughout BC. Now it's a boys' club though since she left due to RL scheduling conflicts.)

Edit: Is it time for the debate about DKP vs. loot council yet?

riz on
This discussion has been closed.