As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] “My God,” the asari Council member said feelingly.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I'm planning three primary files, as in ME1

1. Main file, female vanguard renegade (mixed with some paragon on major choices), romanced liara in ME1, stuck with her in ME2
    2. Female infiltrator, paragon (going renegade to the aforementioned major choices just so I can get both), romanced kaiden in ME1, ronery in ME2
    3. Male sentinel/engineer (haven't decided yet), straight paragon, romanced ashley in ME1, no one in ME2

I'm favoring ME1 romances since I figure they're probably going to be meatier this time around. I do have a Talimancer file I can pretty up if need be, but I doubt I'll bother.
    Found an infiltrator file I can use for the second and finished off all the optional stuff on it.

Elendil on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I gave them the base on absolutely none of my fifteen or so games. It's so clearly a bad idea. I'm not even worried about importing that decision.

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:

Do we know if we'll get to redistribute squad points after importing? I think all skills have changed, and the last two evolutions as well as the third "standart" upgrade can't be carried over to the new choices.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:

Do we know if we'll get to redistribute squad points after importing? I think all skills have changed, and the last two evolutions as well as the third "standart" upgrade can't be carried over to the new choices.

Yeah you do get to respec

• Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    "Empathetically"

There

Where's my publishing contract

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    I gave them the base on absolutely none of my fifteen or so games. It's so clearly a bad idea. I'm not even worried about importing that decision.
    I like bad decisions. The one romance I regret not having is Jack.
    Man, $10 says it only figures in whether or not humans are dominant later, it's been the prevailing Renegade consequence to have something result in human dominance at the expense of other races.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    I read that passage yesterday and I cannot for the life of me come up with phrase, less impactful, more feckless and less meaningful than "Feelingly".

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Keeping Conrad a renegade means he's recruit-able as a party member.

Specialty skill: "I thought you were a hero!" as long as Shepard is above 50% health, Conrad cannot be incapacitated.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Romanced Tali with my Worgen Hunter and blew up the base.

Romanced Jack with my Sith Inquisitor and also blew up the base after taking an arrow to the knee.

Romanced Kaliyo with my Support machine-gunner and also blew up the base.

Guess I just don't like that base.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:

That excites me. I hate starting out at level 1 in a story in which my character is supposed to be some sort of badass. Has the level cap been revealed yet?

• Options
    htm wrote:
    Dragkonias wrote:

That excites me. I hate starting out at level 1 in a story in which my character is supposed to be some sort of badass. Has the level cap been revealed yet?

I believe it is 60

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I just want as many skillpoints as possible. Like 8 possible abilities and 6 tiers. I wonder how many we'll be able to max.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    hey.
    hey.
    what if aria can join your team.
    what if wrex can join your team.
    what if that merc wrex fondly remembers turns out to be aria.

intra-NPC romance, anyone? ;p

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote:
    I don't understand why people think how badass a character is depends on what level it starts at.

15 is the new 1.

Well if I can start off at 30 I can have heavy charge right away

none of that slow early game like ME2

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I also like how one of the upgrades for cryo ammo increases your ammunition count...that's cool when you think about it.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:
    I also like how one of the upgrades for cryo ammo increases your ammunition count...that's cool when you think about it.

Hmmmm.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    OK, Mass Effect 2. I like you.

But I swear to the goddess, if all your crew members are as cool as Mordin, I'm just going to spend the rest of the game aboard the Normandy, talking to them all over and over again so I don't have to leave any of them behind.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    I like bad decisions. The one romance I regret not having is Jack.

Jack was a good bad decision.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I liked Jack. Admittedly it took me a few runs to warm up to her, but I definitely stopped disliking her after awhile. Mostly on my female runs since she wasn't trying to hate-fuck me.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    OK, Mass Effect 2. I like you.

But I swear to the goddess, if all your crew members are as cool as Mordin, I'm just going to spend the rest of the game aboard the Normandy, talking to them all over and over again so I don't have to leave any of them behind.

Luckily for you most people only have 2-3 lines of dialogue unless you sex 'em and even then not much.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote:
    hey.
    hey.
    what if aria can join your team.
    what if wrex can join your team.
    what if that merc wrex fondly remembers turns out to be aria.

intra-NPC romance, anyone? ;p

not going to happen

better luck next time

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    DHS wrote:
    I read that passage yesterday and I cannot for the life of me come up with phrase, less impactful, more feckless and less meaningful than "Feelingly".

"My God," she said saidingly.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Lux wrote:
    DHS wrote:

"My Said," she feelingly said sayingly

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Lux wrote:
    DHS wrote:

"My Said," she feelingly said sayingly

Still better than the original.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote:
    I don't understand why people think how badass a character is depends on what level it starts at.

15 is the new 1.
    In mass effect your level being higher means you have more skill points and so it really does equates to how bad ass you are.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote:

15 is the new 1.
    In mass effect your level being higher means you have more skill points and so it really does equates to how bad ass you are.

Yeah, tell me there's no difference in the early difficulty of ME2 when you have the 60 vet bonus compared to none.

Lv. 3 tech armor right off the bat.

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Welp, I've wrapped up my canon (paragade soldier), renegade (vanguard), and paragon (adept) runs. Now I just need to do a "totally reasonable" middle-option-choosing run and we're all ready for Me3!

What is the fourth class I should play in order to maximize the diversity of my experience?

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Welp, I've wrapped up my canon (paragade soldier), renegade (vanguard), and paragon (adept) runs. Now I just need to do a "totally reasonable" middle-option-choosing run and we're all ready for Me3!

What is the fourth class I should play in order to maximize the diversity of my experience?

Sentinel?

• Options

That's really up to you, though Infiltrator is a bit similar to Soldier in that you rely on a power for Damage, only you try to one-shot everything instead of shooting multiple times. Engineers can use their drones to keep one enemy basically locked down and you can upgrade it so it explodes which is very nice. Sentinels are tanks, not much else to say.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    jdarksun wrote:
    jdarksun wrote:

15 is the new 1.
    False perception. If you start at level 15 with 15 skill points, you're starting at 1 with 15 skill points. There's still going to be an entire game's worth of stuff that costs skill points ahead of you.

..but he's still starting at level 15. I get what you mean by saying there's still an entire game ahead of you (45 more levels) but starting at level 15 with 15 skill points is not like starting at level 1 with 15 skill points because that'd mean you could get a total of 74 or 75 skill points instead of 60.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    But level 1 still exists. New players start there, right?

And imports keep their level.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote:
    jdarksun wrote:

15 is the new 1.
    False perception. If you start at level 15 with 15 skill points, you're starting at 1 with 15 skill points. There's still going to be an entire game's worth of stuff that costs skill points ahead of you.

..but he's still starting at level 15. I get what you mean by saying there's still an entire game ahead of you (45 more levels) but starting at level 15 with 15 skill points is not like starting at level 1 with 15 skill points because that'd mean you could get a total of 74 or 75 skill points instead of 60.

:rotate:

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Feelingly?

Really?

I don't even want to know.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Feelingly?

Really?

I want to know you. Feelingly.

• Options
    At this point I'm looking forward to a renegade punch in the mouth for Kahlee Sanders just for being so dumb.

I actually would like ren-Shep to meet some of his protesters, I imagine it would turn out similar to the Saints protesters in Saint's Row the 3rd...

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    That is the only worthwhile use of such a bad word.

I finally got around to buying these games. I hear you guy slike them a lot. That sort of thing never affects me, I just decided to buy them finally due to trusting bioware.

I'm going to play the first one all the way and I don't actually care at all that the second is better because I always pretend the second one doesn't exist when I play the first one until I finish it.

Like, I never managed to beat witcher 1, but before playing witcher 2 I went back and beat witcher 1. Even though Witcher 2 was sitting on my hdd for two weeks I still beat witcher 1 first. That's how I roll.

Anyway I just want to know if there are any critical pc bugs or patches or whatnot, any "you should have known this first" issue I need to know.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    That is the only worthwhile use of such a bad word.

I finally got around to buying these games. I hear you guy slike them a lot. That sort of thing never affects me, I just decided to buy them finally due to trusting bioware.

I'm going to play the first one all the way and I don't actually care at all that the second is better because I always pretend the second one doesn't exist when I play the first one until I finish it.

Like, I never managed to beat witcher 1, but before playing witcher 2 I went back and beat witcher 1. Even though Witcher 2 was sitting on my hdd for two weeks I still beat witcher 1 first. That's how I roll.

Anyway I just want to know if there are any critical pc bugs or patches or whatnot, any "you should have known this first" issue I need to know.

Be careful when talking to Ashley and Liara. I was trying to do a no-romance run for ME1 (because I didn't want to cheat on anybody in ME2) but...let's just say that unless you're a total asshole, the future has some very pushy women.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Orca wrote:
    Feelingly?

Really?

I want to know you. Feelingly.

he stated expressively.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Standard bioware thing. Baldur's gate 2 had the worst version.
    I usually end up with the girl that pushes themselves on you in every bioware game because I feel bad about being a dick.
    I really liked the dragon age 1 version of this "feature" though, since she was goddam crazy so it felt appropriate somehow.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Standard bioware thing.
    I usually end up with the girl that pushes themselves on you in every bioware game because I feel bad about being a dick.
    I really liked the dragon age 1 version of this "feature" though, since she was goddam crazy so it felt appropriate somehow.

"Tis cold in my quarters, Commander Shepard," Liara T'Soni said feelingly.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg