As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] “My God,” the asari Council member said feelingly.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    At least people can get an actual space hitler to complain about.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Selling a random bio-weapon designed to target TIM? I just... wow that's dumb.

yeah what the hell

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So I guess people who complained about sitting in cover taking potshots being the best way to play will like this...

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Dragkonias wrote:
    Why I'm wondering how they are going to handle things.

One of the big complaints for ME1 was that you had to start all over again to play the DLC.

Well sorry but all signs are pointing to that being what will be the case for ME3.

I guess after you beat the game start up a NG+ and just beat the intro sequence and then keep that save for when DLC comes out. Play the DLC, then wait for more DLC.

Or maybe just sheparddealwithit.jpg

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Why are you getting all aggressive with me. Just random pondering.

• Options
    oh come on

Anderson brings Grayson's reaper tech infested body to the Council and they claim it's all just Cerberus tech

the theory of a secretly-competent council is looking less likely

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ...I'm surprised they didn't say it was the Geth.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    Dragkonias wrote:
    Why I'm wondering how they are going to handle things.

One of the big complaints for ME1 was that you had to start all over again to play the DLC.

Well sorry but all signs are pointing to that being what will be the case for ME3.

I guess after you beat the game start up a NG+ and just beat the intro sequence and then keep that save for when DLC comes out. Play the DLC, then wait for more DLC.

Or maybe just sheparddealwithit.jpg

I'm pretty sure Taky said the dlc will mesh with the story and I know there's no post game.

That said they could pull a RDR and make stand alone content that only requires a game disc and your saves.

I am all for Squadmate DLC though. I doubt we'll see Shepard ever again but the ME universe is pretty awesome and I'd like to explore that with characters that are established to act a certain way.

Just uh don't let that book guy write any of it.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote:
    oh come on

Anderson brings Grayson's reaper tech infested body to the Council and they claim it's all just Cerberus tech

Anderson just needs to find a quarian that conveniently hacked a passing reaper and got this totally legit audio file of them bragging about how much reaper tech they put in Grayson

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:
    So I guess people who complained about sitting in cover taking potshots being the best way to play will like this...

I guess this is why Infiltrator's cloak now has an on/off switch. Because sitting back and being patient is mostly what a sniper does.

sig.gif
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote:
    Dragkonias wrote:

I guess this is why Infiltrator's cloak now has an on/off switch. Because sitting back and being patient is mostly what a sniper does.

That's why it's Infiltrator. You're supposed to infiltrate enemy ranks. With a shotgun. And beat them to death with your fists.

• Options
    Infiltrator feels like it should have started with a shotgun in the first place

I was seriously considering giving up my insanity infiltrator before I got to the collector ship, it was just so ughh

• Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    Oh, they come to me now? How convenient. Taking advantage of that sounds enjoyable.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Yeah. I think the main problem with the Infiltrator was that sans Incinerate they were just the Soldier but not as good. Cloak is pretty underutilized as far as their default gameplay strategy goes(and only becomes fun when you add in the shotgun) and AR is actually better for sniping.

So...I'm hoping these new changes make the Infiltrator its own role instead and cuts down on its parallels between Soldier. I hope the new cloak helps with especially since it looks like it'll be a much more aggressive tool.

I also know from reading that abilities list that AI Hacking has been changed to Sabotage. And basically it now Hacks AI targets and Overheats enemy weapons. Meaning it won't be as useless this time around.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote:
    oh come on

I'm willing to chalk this up to terrible novel writing, because they also are willing to consider the reaper avenue, which doesn't make sense if they don't believe any of it and doesn't make sense if they do because why would they suddenly reveal it during a public meeting (broadcast to the full waiting room at the very least) but only half-heartedly consider it? Also, why would an Alliance admiral and whatever the hell Kahlee is need council permission to investigate Cerberus in the first place?

I just discard novels as b-canon catapaulting a few basic events/characters into the game.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    “My God,” the asari Council member said feelingly.
    The quarians were a nomadic race who were typically a bit smaller than the average human. As was typical for his kind, the petitioner was dressed in a motley collection of clothing, held together by a variety of straps and metal fasteners. His face was obscured by a reflective visor and breathing apparatus.
    As Anderson led the others aboard a public shuttle he was reminded of the fact that the Reapers had created the Citadel as bait for a high-­tech trap. One that had been sprung so successfully that now, two years later, some of the damage the sentient machines had caused was still being repaired.

This book is a goldmine of misinformation

• Options
    edited January 2012
    That being said...that "Cube" place sounds pretty cool. They should have a place like that in the game.

Another part that annoyed me was that the Volus called them "Earth PEOPLE" instead of "Earth CLAN". A nerdy nitpick but a nitpick none the less.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    my infiltrator always carried the flamethrower, because it was fun to flank guys and then set them on fire

submachine gun was honestly pretty good at it, too

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Looking at this excerpt I wonder...
    From the power list I read earlier I saw that one of the unrevealed characters is more than likely a biotic. With Biotic Focus and Slam.

I also remember reading a tweet where they said they wanted to have more of the novel characters in the game.

I also remember another tweet about what sounded like another female squaddie that wasn't Liara, Tali, or Ashley.

Gillian maybe? I mean this wouldn't be the first time a novel character made it into a Bioware game as a companion(Loghain from DA). And they're already bringing over Kai Leng(who has a history with her).

That being said seeing as Bioware fans want to fuck anything that moves...I doubt Bioware would throw in a barely legal squaddie. And before you mention Tali...she miraculously went from being barely legal to being somewhat legal before she was romancable.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Dox the PI wrote:
    “My God,” the asari Council member said feelingly.
    The quarians were a nomadic race who were typically a bit smaller than the average human. As was typical for his kind, the petitioner was dressed in a motley collection of clothing, held together by a variety of straps and metal fasteners. His face was obscured by a reflective visor and breathing apparatus.
    As Anderson led the others aboard a public shuttle he was reminded of the fact that the Reapers had created the Citadel as bait for a high-­tech trap. One that had been sprung so successfully that now, two years later, some of the damage the sentient machines had caused was still being repaired.

This book is a goldmine of misinformation

Holy crap.

"said Feelingly"?

Wow.

That's a hell of a Swifty. They published this? And charged money?

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I would like to see Gillian and David Archer team up in ME3

also the renegade choice for Overlord should be retconned out because what kind of asshole would do that for the now-pointless goal of controlling the geth

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote:
    From the power list I read earlier I saw that one of the unrevealed characters is more than likely a biotic. With Biotic Focus and Slam.

I also remember reading a tweet where they said they wanted to have more of the novel characters in the game.

I also remember another tweet about what sounded like another female squaddie that wasn't Liara, Tali, or Ashley.

Gillian maybe? I mean this would be the first time a novel character made it into a Bioware game(Loghain from DA). And they're already bringing over Kai Leng(who has a history with her).

That being said seeing as Bioware fans want to fuck anything that moves...I doubt Bioware would throw in a barely legal squaddie. And before you mention Tali...she miraculously went from being barely legal to being somewhat legal before she was romancable.

They did it with Mission in KotOR

it was weird how bioware fans really wanted to romance her too

• Options
    seriously though can you imagine David with some kind of special helmet (that doesn't kill his brain) hacking everything with his mind while Gillian hits them with the good stuff

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    now that's an anime I'd watch

• Options
    -Tal wrote:
    seriously though can you imagine David with some kind of special helmet (that doesn't kill his brain) hacking everything with his mind while Gillian hits them with the good stuff

...I can...

It's called the X-Men.

• Options
    oh my god a team of superheroes formed from kids at Grissom Academy

JACK IS THEIR LEADER

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:

Gillian maybe? I mean this would be the first time a novel character made it into a Bioware game(Loghain from DA). And they're already bringing over Kai Leng(who has a history with her).

They did it with Mission in KotOR

it was weird how bioware fans really wanted to romance her too

aria t'loak would be an option as well?
    i want an all asari group.
    and an all turian group.
    maybe a hanar.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    brb writing Mass Effect/X-Men fanfiction

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Yeah. At this point I'm thinking either Aria or Gillian.

And given in Mass Effect: Invasion
    Aria is forced to leave Omega and she has a score to settle against Cerberus

I wouldn't put it pass them.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    If we're going to romance anything it should be this
    299930c453b513d817fdbbdac43849eb.jpg

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote:

Honey, you got reeeal ugly!

• Options
    -Tal wrote:

Nah she's already with that Turien Elcor thing beside her

Shepard doesn't have a chance

• Options
    Some of these designs are straight up nightmare fuel.

I love it.

• Options
    that's just the asari's true form

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Is that...

Is that a husk Volus to the right?

Best game ever.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    Is that...

Best game ever.

looks more like
    a rachni husk

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote:
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    Is that...

Best game ever.

looks more like
    a rachni husk

Ah, so it is.

Pity.

• Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    You know, I am becoming more and more curious what the deal is with that style of chest plate lighting. It's been in every Mass Effect game, and has been very common in a lot of Iron Man designs the past few years.

Is there a mutual artist involved?

• Options
    Its to accentuate the boobies.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    It makes some kind of sense to have joints/access points/something other than armor plate at joints or other important access points (eyes/head/major arteries/whatever.)

female models presumably have light up nipples because, you know, nipples are kinda funny lookin'

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget