As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] “My God,” the asari Council member said feelingly.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Why would you map an ammo power to a button?
    You only need to use it once, at the start of the mission

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    So apparently figurines are now coming with multiplayer DLC: http://sticktwiddlers.com/2012/01/23/mass-effect-3-figurines-to-offer-exclusive-random-dlc/

I'm generally ok with the DLC thing as handled thus far, but making it random and attaching it to expensive physical items...it better be purchaseable outside of the figurines. :|

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Orca wrote:
    So apparently figurines are now coming with multiplayer DLC: http://sticktwiddlers.com/2012/01/23/mass-effect-3-figurines-to-offer-exclusive-random-dlc/

I'm generally ok with the DLC thing as handled thus far, but making it random and attaching it to expensive physical items...it better be purchaseable outside of the figurines. :|

I hope they make that stuff avaiable outside of the figurines. I own all of the ME2 DLC but I don't want to buy figurines I don't even want to get codes for random DLC. Also, 134$? Most expensive DLC ever? And that's not even factoring in mutliple purchases you're gonna need to make to get all the DLC since its randomized; I also assume there's more DLC then figurines so there'S that, too.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote:
    finnith wrote:
    I really hope Vega dies.

Just like Freddie's career.

as I understand it FPJ is basically retired now because he's hella rich, and he took this job because he's actually a fan of the series

Yeah. Some celebrities are actually smart with their money and don't piss it all away on booze and hookers.

• Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    Orca wrote:

Yeah I saw that, seems really dumb

Hope it just randomly gives you existing dlc as opposed to locking cool stuff behind buying toys

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I wonder about the content of ME3 DLC. Will it deal with the fallout of the war? SOE style black ops? Or set up a potential new spin off series?

Speculate.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. I wonder about that two. I mean the thing with ME2's DLC was that since you were going at your own pace for the most part you could stick the DLC anywhere.

With ME3 being a big finale I wonder where its going to go. Like...I would guess most of the DLC would have to be midpoint DLC. Stuff that happens before the end but after everything starts.

• Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    All I know is that they have said there won't be any DLC set after the end game

and from what I've heard the big events only happen after doing plot missions so we still have a ton of time to do all the side missions between them

Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    So...I wonder how are they going to handle it for people who beat the game.

Do one of those "take you back right before the final boss fight" deals, probably.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    "Shepard! Millions are dying on Earth! You have to bring help now!"

"I have to go."

*Helps elderly couple discuss genetic ethics*

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:

Do one of those "take you back right before the final boss fight" deals, probably.
    Day one DLC is all the DLC there will be maybe?

Wait, EA. Nevermind.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I'm honestly hoping there is more DLC this time.

Like ME2 was a pretty good effort and I will say probably the best effort that Bioware has put out as for as DLC goes just a few more things.

-I want more of the "big" DLC like LotSB. Multi-level story-based stuff.

-It would be nice to have DLC that focuses around "what were these guys doing at this time." Basically, have Shepard cruise around with some popular NPCs helping them out.

- Have DLC that focuses on Shepard

Like, It would be kind of corny but I think, just for the shit of it, it'd be cool if Bioware made a "flashback" DLC for Shepard's experience based on your background. That being said I think that would be too much work since you'd basically have to make 3 different scenarios. But having to actually play through something like Torfan or Elysium would be awesome.

-I actually wanted more item stuff.

I know there are a lot of people who hate item pack updates with a passion but I actually kind of like them. I was really disappointed in 2 that everyone didn't get a new costume.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Frei wrote:
    That's a really stupid thing to say anyway. Did he do something to you to make you hate him?

Girls liked him
    I got over that hurdle with DiCaprio, I can get over it with Chico Jr.
    jdarksun wrote:
    Plus he's a producer and director for WWE.

I thought you mistyped World Wildlife Fund for a second, but holy shit he's big into wrestling. Never woulda figured that.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    I'd rather have DLC that lets you play a sidestory as someone other than Shepard. New powers, interwoven story, something unique.

Zaeed's crazy weekend is what I'm thinkin.

Even a space combat mini-game would be interesting.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    I want DLC where you play as Zaeed as he gets the Blue Suns back in order (killing off those Batarians).

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    I'd rather have DLC that lets you play a sidestory as someone other than Shepard. New powers, interwoven story, something unique.

I think something like that would be cool.

But look at the big stink people make about being forced to play as Joker for like...3 minutes.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I'm curious if our MP character will interact with Shepard at any point. Like Hackett mentions a base would have been lost without this group, and your character is standing there. Or vice-versa; you're supposed to give the Normandy some support and clear out an LZ for Shepard.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:

But look at the big stink people make about being forced to play as Joker for like...3 minutes.

I loved that bit.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I did too. But some people had problems being forced to play as people who aren't "their Shepard". And I'm sure if some DLC like "Zaeed's Awesome Adventure" was announced you'd get plenty of people bitching about it.

I personally think seeing how Zaeed's missions go without Shepard super-competency keeping the whole squad alive would be hilarious.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:

Did they really? Nevermind, of course they did.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I really hope we get to play as Joker again, or a scene like it. That was one of the best parts of ME2.

Z0re on
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Man, I really want Shep and Kasumi: Hawaii Style. Gallivanting, and such forth. Get it, girl.

BrocksMullet on
    I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Given that I've sunk over a hundred hours each into both Mass Effect games, but I'm employed part-time with two vague prospects of full-time work on the horizon, should I get Arrival?

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Jesus. I just discovered a new Legion conversation.

I played this game like 15 times.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Dragkonias wrote:

We already know there will be a NG+.

Semi-random DLC pack-ins with action figures do not concern me.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ...I'm not talking about a NG+. I'm talking about being able to continue the game without a NG+

• Options
    jdarksun wrote:
    Given that I've sunk over a hundred hours each into both Mass Effect games, but I'm employed part-time with two vague prospects of full-time work on the horizon, should I get Arrival?
    Yup, it isn't that long.
    No, I meant "given how much I like this series, will it be worth $7 that I get an average of once per day".

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

Zaeed goes to Space Vegas. Hangover 3: Guddamn with a vengeance.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    "I knew when that Asari stripper's jaw fell off and she started screaming about "the unseen gods" we were in for a rough night. Not to mention she spilled my guddam beer."

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    "I knew when that Asari stripper's jaw fell off and she started screaming about "the unseen gods" we were in for a rough night. Not to mention she spilled my guddam beer."

Bravo, sir.

Zaeed is an odd kind of perfect for guy caught in the center of the apocalypse out of nowhere, isn't he?

Not curious about the whys, tough enough to make it, and prone to extreme violence.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I don't know if I said this here or in the other thread but I hate Zaeed
    I've only ever seen Youtube videos of his content but he doesn't fit with the team I built at all

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:
    ...I'm not talking about a NG+. I'm talking about being able to continue the game without a NG+

Well from what we've heard so far, there is no post-game "roam around and do side-quests" option for ME3.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Which makes sense.

• Options
    Why I'm wondering how they are going to handle things.

One of the big complaints for ME1 was that you had to start all over again to play the DLC.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote:

Bravo, sir.

Zaeed is an odd kind of perfect for guy caught in the center of the apocalypse out of nowhere, isn't he?

Not curious about the whys, tough enough to make it, and prone to extreme violence.

He's Space John McClane.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    Resident Evil crossover confirmed.

• Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote:

Bravo, sir.

He's Space John McClane.

I want him back on the squad in 3. He's the kind of guy I want watching my back when facing down the biggest danger the galaxy has ever faced.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Zaeed was supposed to retire after ME2 but I suppose he won't really get the chance what with the whole galaxy being at war

and since he works for the biggest check, I wouldn't be surprised if he got hired by Cerberus again unless he's loyal to you

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Also, I second the proposal for a firing range on the Normandy, though I'm not sure how you'd handle heavy weapons ammo. Or is that being revised?

• Options
    -Tal wrote:
    Zaeed was supposed to retire after ME2 but I suppose he won't really get the chance what with the whole galaxy being at war

and since he works for the biggest check, I wouldn't be surprised if he got hired by Cerberus again unless he's loyal to you

That would be a kickass boss fight.

ygPIJ.gif