As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mlb]OMGMLBLOL

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    my life is RUINED

they say he will only miss one start

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    my life is RUINED

they say he will only miss one start

Emergency TJ surgery scheduled for tomorrow.

Expected to miss 1 to 2 full seasons.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Bud Norris traded to the Orioles for Hoes.

Jokes ensue.

• Options
    Schide wrote: »
    Bud Norris traded to the Orioles for Hoes.

Jokes ensue.

I don't get it. What could possibly be funny about this sentence?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Hoes was rumored to start tonight in front of his family in his hometown for his favorite team :[

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Well that was boring.

• Options
    Well that was boring.

What are you talking about? Boring?

Drew Butera was traded to the Dodgers!

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Puigmania?

forget that, it'll be Buteramania from now on

• Options
    More like Buterrhea

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So much for my ERA this week.

• Options
    At least the Pirates managed to pick up Robert Andino.

JMUFjL5.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    For at least one more night, the Pirates still have the best record in the league.

So this season was worth it.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

oh, because I forgot, mostly

I saw it all over twitter (mostly because cm punk kept tweeting about it???)

• Options

oh, because I forgot, mostly

I saw it all over twitter (mostly because cm punk kept tweeting about it???)

Damn, too much.

• Options
    The Rangers just swept the Angels.

With walkoff homer wins each time.

That's gotta be rare, if not a first.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Right after the Indians had swept the Rangers too!

swishbro.jpg

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Injured New York Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez and Major League Baseball are negotiating a deal that would result in a lengthy suspension instead of a permanent ban, ESPN reported Wednesday night.

According to the "Outside the Lines" report, a source familiar with the discussions said representatives for the three-time AL Most Valuable Player and 14-time All-Star are talking with league officials.

The ESPN story said some baseball officials want the 38-year-old Rodriguez to be banned for life. Until now, his attorney has said he will fight any suspension or ban.
    The network also reported that Rodriguez has been shown the evidence against him, including documentation that Rodriguez coerced a witness in MLB's performance-enhancing drugs investigation.

edit: VV Only a specific lifetime ban would result in him not getting a penny. If he's only suspended, he would still be due $61 million total from his contract for the '15, '16, and '17 seasons.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I wonder if that boils down to whether or not the Yankees would have to pay him?

Something like a five year suspension is essentially a lifetime ban for a 38-year-old but he might still get his salary.

Maximum on
  • Options
    I hope it's a suspension then because fuck the Yankees and it's their problem they were dumb enough to agree to pay a guy $20M+ into his 40s.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    jeez Maximum, just all that horrible pitching this week

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Doesn't he not get paid during a suspension, thus freeing up the Yankees to sign somebody to actually fucking help the team? I remember reading that Braun is going to lose $3.5 million or somesuch ridiculous amount during his suspension.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Doesn't he not get paid during a suspension, thus freeing up the Yankees to sign somebody to actually fucking help the team? I remember reading that Braun is going to lose $3.5 million or somesuch ridiculous amount during his suspension.
    CNN wrote:
    Since he just turned 38 years old last Saturday, many believe it is unrealistic to expect he could play in 2015 and beyond, even if the suspension ends with the 2014 season.

However, his 10-year, $275 million contract with the Yankees runs through the 2017 season. Baseball Prospectus reports that he's due $21 million for 2015, and $20 million for each of the following two seasons. And he could get that money, even if he's not capable of playing.

MLB spokesman Pat Courtney wouldn't comment on A-Rod's case directly or the possibility of a suspension. But he confirms that if a player is physically unable to play and has his career end early, he is still due the money under MLB's guaranteed contracts. Former player Albert Belle received more than $12 million a year from the Baltimore Orioles for the three years after his career ended due to his own hip injury.

He is owed $61 million from the years '15, '16, and '17 per his contract. As long as he isn't banned, he'll likely get that money, barring a superbly long suspension.

• Options
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    jeez Maximum, just all that horrible pitching this week

I know right?

Me allowing that one earned run through 30 innings is pissing me off.

My hitting on the other hand...that's been off the charts.

• Options
    oh fuck you Seattle bullpen

• Options
    Aaron Hicks was demoted to AAA

about time probably

• Options
    oh fuck you Seattle bullpen

Think of how many wins Felix Hernandez has in his career, and then realize that number would be bigger by a good amount if the Mariners bullpen were actually competent.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    think about how wins are a bullshit stat for babies

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Aaron Hicks was demoted to AAA

about time probably

Jerk-o is probably getting demoted next.

• Options
    I don't really understand why Alex Rodriguez gets to negotiate his suspension.

• Options
    Because he has a right to appeal and MLB is hoping to avoid that and still punish him.

Which is pointless because A-Rod's camp will act to save every penny they can of the $100M still left on his contract. There's no suspension they will not contest.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    i imagine that if they make it clear they will contest his suspension matter what that baseball will just say alright, banned for life.

we know that braun accepted his suspension and that there are apparently 9 more players that are going to accept the suspension so it's reasonable to assume that the proof that the mlb has gathered is substantial and damning.

• Options
    Braun for one has a career ahead of him to think about and the bulk of his current contract goes well beyond that suspension. A-Rod is in the middle of what is undoubtedly his final contract in the twilight of his career and any significant suspension could keep him out of baseball forever anyways. A-Rod at this point will die a villain of the game so his camp logically will fight to at least get him paid as much as possible.

Also, a lifetime ban can still be brought before an independent arbitrator.

• Options
    It's a tragedy that the greatest ballplayer of our generation played his last professional game for the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    no i agree, all i'm saying is that if there are negotiations going on, the mlb are the ones holding all the cards as they are totally fine to ban arod for eternity.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    It's a tragedy that the greatest ballplayer of our generation played his last professional game for the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders.

When did Albert Pujols get sent to the minors?

• Options
    give me the swingman every day of the week over arod and pujols.

• Options
    Psssh, everyone knows the greatest player of our generation is Danny Espinosa.

This discussion has been closed.