As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mlb]OMGMLBLOL

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Psssh, everyone knows the greatest player of our generation is Yasiel Puig.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    It's a tragedy that the greatest ballplayer of our generation played his last professional game for the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders.

When did Albert Pujols get sent to the minors?

I mean, I know Griffey Jr. was bad in his last years but I didn't think he was THAT bad.

• Options
    Griffey Jr. was an OK player. If he wanted to be great he would have taken steroids but I guess that he just didn't care enough about his teammates.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2013
    Griffey Jr was the best but his body couldn't hold up.

I could watch a video of him swinging a bat all day. He had the most gorgeous swing.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Griffey Jr. was an OK player. If he wanted to be great he would have taken steroids but I guess that he just didn't care enough about his teammates.

Fuckin Diva's man.

Never taking one(Androtestinine filled shot) for the team.

• Options

I could watch a video of him swinging a bat all day. He had the most gorgeous swing.

Griffey Jr. homeruns were straight up the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in sports.

• Options
    Chris Archer looks like a high school senior.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Arcia still has that strikeout thing down

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular

The surface of the Kingdome did him no favors in regards to his longevity.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Jose Fernandez is the first pitcher since the big unit in 2004 to strike out 13 or more in consecutive starts.

God I wish he didn't play on the marlins.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Is anything ever actually going to happen with the peerless Alex Rodriguez, or is everyone just going to keep talking about what someone else thinks will happen to the peerless Alex Rodriguez?

• Options
    Is anything ever actually going to happen with the peerless Alex Rodriguez, or is everyone just going to keep talking about what someone else thinks will happen to the peerless Alex Rodriguez?

Something will happen, he just has really good lawyers.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    PED announcements are supposed to come Monday.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

They would have happened this week, but Rodriguez decided to negotiate last-second, which pushed things off. They can't be pushed off much longer before the suspensions for everybody carry over into 2014.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular

They would have happened this week, but Rodriguez decided to negotiate last-second, which pushed things off. They can't be pushed off much longer before the suspensions for everybody carry over into 2014.

They better hope those names don't leak out before official punishments if they are truly being delayed.

I know I would consider it bullshit if Bartolo Colon beat the Orioles in an important, playoff implication game, he should not be playing in.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    The names leaked a week ago.

Colon isn't getting suspended.

• Options
    Colon was already suspended, along with Melky. The people who will get suspended are A-Rod, Nelson Cruz, Jhonny Peralta, Everth Cabrera, Jesus Montero, Francisco Cervelli, and minor leaguers Fernando Martinez, Cesar Puello, and Fautino de los Santos.

• Options
    Angry wrote: »
    The names leaked a week ago.

Colon isn't getting suspended.

I misinterpreted that report. I read that as a chance of him not being suspended, but there was still a chance of discipline.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Damn, figured Cruz was getting it.

So, anyone need a pitcher for some hitting? Only about 2 more weeks to get any last minute trades in, the deadline is August 18th.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I could always use a pitcher

• Options
    edited August 2013
    The suspension is still not officially confirmed by the league, but the New York Daily News reports that after Alex Rodriguez's latest outburst (NYDN's phrasing, not mine) at a minor-league rehab press conference (in which he implied the league was conspiring with the Yankees to prevent him from playing ever again so they wouldn't have to pay him every penny the team owes him), the league is now done talking with Rodriguez, and that the minimum his suspension will be is 214 games, which would mean he wouldn't return until 2015.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i find it to be a questionable managerial decision for the san francisco giants to not have any infield defense present in the stadium

• Options
    edited August 2013
    man Kyle Gibson

you've given up more hits(9) than outs(8) and it's only the 3rd inning

and it's the freaking Astros

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    David Price is having the month of his life.

his curveball has alien movement, and his fastball is commanded

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I just watched a ball get hit off a scoreboard, with two runners on base, and the play ended with a double play and no runs scored. And the inning ended like that.

The first Mariners game I've watched all season, and I don't think I need to see any more after that.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    This is going to be one of those 18 inning, nobody can score for shit games.

Just bring in Jean Machi to give up a home run so I can go watch The Wire.

• Options
    Or I guess he could just walk four straight batters...Jesus Christ

• Options
    MLB has officially informed the Yankees that tomorrow they will announce at least one of their suspensions (Alex Rodriguez), which will be pursued under the league's JDA. Rodriguez will appeal, and is expected to be back in the lineup tomorrow night in Chicago for the team.

• Options
    I would pay a thousand bucks to be at that game if he plays. The crowd will be brutal.

• Options
    I would pay a thousand bucks to be at that game if he plays. The crowd will be brutal.

The crowd will be brutal everywhere.

• Options
    so much for being crushed, but if Kimbrel gets a save tonight, it'll be a 5-5 tie

Uggla getting a couple runs would help too

• Options
    My team wasn't completely bad on a Sunday, and pulled off a 6-6 tie despite my offense being bleh!

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Crappy fantasy week was crappy. Good week of real baseball though.
    I could always use a pitcher

Yeah, I'll probably send you an offer or something once all the suspensions are known for sure.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In addition to the 8 confirmed names that will be suspended and won't appeal plus Rodriguez, Antonio Bastardo (of the Phillies), Jordany Valdespin (of the Mets), and Sergio Escalona (of the Astros) will also be suspended for 50 games for being involved with Biogenesis. Those 3 aren't appealing, so their season is done.

edit: Jhonny Peralta and Nelson Cruz just accepted their suspensions. Rodriguez will be the only player who appeals, everybody else is done for the rest of the year.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    I am DVRing the Yankees game

I want to hear the boos. I want to save them and archive them in a very safe and secure location.

They must be cherished by future generations.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I was hoping the MLB would try and keep A-Rod from playing while suspended just to see how ugly the whole thing could get.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    I think Girardi is going to let him rot on the bench. We might not even be blessed enough to see him play again.

• Options
    Everybody has been suspended 50 games officially.

Nelson Cruz
    Jhonny Peralta
    Antonio Bastardo
    Jordany Valdespin
    Jesus Montero
    Cesar Puello
    Francisco Cervelli
    Everth Cabrera
    Sergio Escalona
    Fautino de los Santos
    Fernando Martinez
    Jordan Norberto

• Options
    Jesus Montero for Michael Pineda, biggest trade that turned out to be an epic disaster for every party involved

This discussion has been closed.