Options

[Lego] Scooby Doo, where are you?

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    They'll need that new radar dish for when...
    ...the First Order shows up with a fleet of Death Stars in Episode VIII.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    About that X-Wing:
    I notice the S-foils don't fold twice like the ones in the trailer. Maybe it's an older model that has the custom paint job, and no footage of it has been seen yet?

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    About that X-Wing:
    I notice the S-foils don't fold twice like the ones in the trailer. Maybe it's an older model that has the custom paint job, and no footage of it has been seen yet?

The fact that it's specifically called out as
    Poe's ship
    makes me think that's the case

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Millenium Falcon.
    It looks structurally similar to the last Minfigi scale falcon. I'll wait till we see interior shots for me to decide.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
    I've missed out on every iteration of the X-wing so far, and it's the one major Rebel Alliance ship I don't have. I was hoping to pick this one up, and was completely fine with the colors in the trailer but I'm not really digging the black and orange. Hopefully I'll see it in action and fall in love with it though. I do really like the new helmet, assuming the visor is an actual visor.

XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know what the VIP exclusive is for August? I picked up the Ferrari on Friday and the calendar I got says there's a set available just for VIPs then, but I'm blanking on what it is.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Does anyone know what the VIP exclusive is for August? I picked up the Ferrari on Friday and the calendar I got says there's a set available just for VIPs then, but I'm blanking on what it is.

They typically send out an email blast around the 15th of what the special is, most times it gets leaked or guessed at on other sites since the future product launches are pretty well known.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Picked up the Spider-Man Carnage set. It's a really neat set and you get a lot of bang for your buck. I'd honestly considering paying the 13 bucks for the minifigs alone, but the shield ship is really great too.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I want several of that set just for the generic SHIELD agents but no where has it. All Targets here have just not stocked any releases from June and ToysRUs doesn't have that small one.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Okay Target finally got with the program and has started having to items including Scooby Doo sets.

I was lightly skeptical of these but I got the Mystery Machine anyway. It is a very nice van.

These sets are also flying off the shelves with many places selling out fast. I guess Scooby Doo is more popular than I thought.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Double Post*

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    The Mystery Machine is definitely my next purchase, I'm just going to put it off awhile since I bought several sets on clearance with the intention of not opening them for a month or two.

• Options
    Cool mystery machine tip. If you remove the five pieces that make up the upper portion of the sink and stove you can place two more minifigs in the back with Scooby allowing you to have the whole gang in the van!

• Options
    Too bad Velma is in only one set. Isn't it the biggest one too?

• Options
    McFlynn wrote: »
    Too bad Velma is in only one set. Isn't it the biggest one too?

Yeah but if you get the Mystery Machine and the Mansion that is all you need to get the whole gang. A van and a haunted place to drive to.

I'm getting it though. Going to use it as background dressing for the huge haunted house from a few years back.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    I think we all really know why @timspork's ghost is buying a haunted house.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Hey, so does anyone play Mobile Frame Zero? I'm trying to get a group of friends into it, and was trying to figure out some stuff dealing with exactly you're supposed to design your systems. Other than "It's LEGO, make them whatever you want them to be."

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I just checked the lego online store and it appears I missed the release date of the crawler crane...I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Wall-E set revealed! It looks great.

1385563221797159718.jpg

I Zimbra on
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    And spoiler for another Star Wars set!
    ZyLUDXa.jpg
    b2cfI74.jpg

oh h*ck
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Turkson wrote: »
    ZyLUDXa.jpg
    b2cfI74.jpg
    Are those gatling guns new or have they shown up on other sets?

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    ZyLUDXa.jpg
    b2cfI74.jpg
    The new Bionicles have them.

cB557 on
  • Options
    ZyLUDXa.jpg
    b2cfI74.jpg

They're kinda newish. Came out earlier this year on several Star Wars sets. Here's a gray version https://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=18588c02#T=C&C=85

oh h*ck
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    ZyLUDXa.jpg
    b2cfI74.jpg

They're kinda newish. Came out earlier this year on several Star Wars sets. Here's a gray version https://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=18588c02#T=C&C=85

They are also on the $20 Ultra Agents Jet and the $99 Ultra Agents Boat.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    They work really well considering they are made out of like three parts.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    That Wall-E is great!

His neck is the wrong colour tho. ;P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    All new Star Wars official images released. Here are the albums:

http://imgur.com/a/OECFv#0

http://imgur.com/a/ADaIp#0

oh h*ck
  • Options
    That new TIE is awesome. The new X-Wing, not so much.

Also Kylo Ren's shuttle is in dire need of some greeble detail.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    That new TIE is awesome. The new X-Wing, not so much.

Also Kylo Ren's shuttle is in dire need of some greeble detail.

I was down on Ren's shuttle but the expanding wings have me intrigued. I'll definitely be grabbing the TIE. A big regret I have is not grabbing the one that came out a few years ago.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    I'm not a big Star Wars fan, so the only one which I see myself picking up is Rey's Speeder. I've like the design for it since they first showed it, and it'll hopefully be one of the less expensive sets. Most of the other are so gray, and I wish they were smoother looking. The 'bumps' or whatever you call them sort of make them looked unfinished.

On another note, I ended up picking up the Mystery Machine. It's kinda sad, because I have no real feelings on the Scooby Doo franchise, but I figured it would make a nice addition to the shelf that has the DeLorean and Ecto-1.

It's a neat little build. I like the way the back can open up, and the figures are actually really cool. I'll definitely be picking up the Wall-E whenever that comes out too.

• Options
    The Mystery Mansion is sold out everywhere. I even checked a Walmart, which I hate going to, because their online stocker said they had some. They of course did not and did not even have a spot for the set to be. Back to never going to Walmart.

• Options
    Success! Went to a different Walmart and they had it! The boxes were beat to crap though.

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    I picked up the Mystery Machine. Neat little van. The most disappointing thing is no Velma or Daphne.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    Gotta say, the last few waves of Lego have been real good at breaking up the minifigures; there's a lot less doubling up going on. I was especially impressed with Jurassic World avoiding putting a Chris Pratt in every box - he was only in the one, and if you bought every set you'd have one of each character IIRC.

That said, I think every Scooby Doo set has Shaggy and Scoob. ;P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    There are 5 sets in the Scooby Doo line. If you buy all 5 you will end up with: Shaggy x 5, Scooby x 5, Daphne x 2, Velma x 1 and Fred x 1. That's crazy.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    All the scoobys look different though, right?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »

Without having them in hand it looks like there are 2 variatons. One standing and one sitting. So for Scooby you'll have 3 x standing, and 2 x sitting.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Feriluce wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »

Without having them in hand it looks like there are 2 variatons. One standing and one sitting. So for Scooby you'll have 3 x standing, and 2 x sitting.

I meant paint apps. For instance, checking video reviews it looks like the set with the mummy doesn't have the scared grin some of the other sets have.

Edit: And the sitting one for the biplane has goggles on. :)

Athenor on
  • Options
    I didn't realize the Scooby figs had different faces. I may end up with a Scooby display now.