As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp] Missing in [Dungeon World]

InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats.Registered User regular
edited June 2014 in Critical Failures
*OP format shamelessly stolen from @Glazius which means he gets first dibs on a spot in the game. :P
Missing in

yfPlI.jpg

When you ask the OP to explain Dungeon World,

Dungeon World is a fantasy RPG that is "powered by the Apocalypse", meaning it is based on the engine for Apocalypse World, by Vincent Baker, the designer of Dogs in the Vineyard and Mechaton Zero. Apocalypse World's system was made with the OGL, and so other designers picked up the torch and have turned it in to some really cool things, such as this here Dungeon World, and the Teen Monster Drama RPG Monsterhearts.

If you're interested in playing a game, the full rules are availableright here for free. No need to read the whole thing, just pretty much the Character Creation and Moves sections!

When you join a game of Dungeon World,

To sign up, !signup. Looking for 4-5 brave heroes.

Start with the Character Creation section in the rules posted above, get up to the part where you make your Bonds, and then post your sheet in the thread and we'll all work together. Should be a nice bonding experience.

..get it?

No apologies!

Anyway, we'll be starting at level 1, and given I don't own any supplements, I suppose we'll just stick to what's in the core book, though I'll also allow the Barbarian which you can download directly from Dungeon World's site.

When you ask what the campaign is about,

You are all a group of adventurers. Some brave, some maybe not so brave. Regardless of the rigidity of your spine, however, you are all members of the Adventurer's Guild, a group of Mercenaries that are hired out to those in need through local field offices.

Adventurer's are free to travel about the land, checking in with the nearest Guildhall when they are interested in work. As such, most guild members have some history together, even if they don't work together on a permanent basis.

In this particular case, a young girl has gone missing from a nearby village. Prior to her disappearance, strange lights and sounds had been reported from a nearby manor that had been abandoned for well over a decade. The girl was tracked to the decaying house, but calling for her resulted in nothing, and no one would dare mount the steps to the front door.

And that now brings us our heroes, who have been contracted out to investigate the child's disappearance, and bring either her, or her body, back to her family.

(When you've made a character, pick one of these questions to answer.)
* You've had dealings with this village before. What's the village's name and what did you do for them previously?
* You've heard rumors about the old mansion before. What were they and who did you hear them from?
* This isn't your first time hunting for missing children. How did it go last time?
* The Guild isn't particularly happy with you. Why is that?
* Someone in your past went missing a long time ago, never to be seen again. Who were they and what happened?

----

Additional thread rules:

Angel Rule: You can make the Aid Another move in response to someone rolling a 6 or a 9, rather than making it ahead of time, as long as you are nearby to help them. Limit one per roll.

Better to Ask Forgiveness: If you think a move applies, name it and roll it. Even if it doesn't, that'll save some time going forward.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
InkSplat on

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    !sign up

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    !signup
    Daelwyn, Elven Treesinger (Bard) of the Brightwater Clan
    Look: Fiery Eyes, Wild Hair, Traveling Clothes, Fit Body

Stats:
    Strength: 13
    Dexterity: 15
    Constitution: 12
    Wisdom: 8
    Intelligence: 9
    Charisma: 16

HP: 18
    Damage: 1d6

Starting Moves:
    Elf (Bard)
    Arcane Art
    Bardic Lore (Gods and Their Servants)
    Charming and Open
    A Port in the Storm

Alignment:
    Good

Bonds:
    Daelwyn sang the stories of Hawke long before he ever met him in person.

This is not Daelwyn's first adventure with Halek.

Daelwyn is writing a balad about the adventures of Scalrag.

Karimyr does not trust me and with good reason.

Lenore trusted me with a secret.

Gear (Load 21):
    Pipes used to court his first love
    Leather Armor
    Worn Bow, Bundle of Arrows, and Short Sword
    Adventuring Gear

Daelwyn has had dealings with the village of Karr before. He came to help Sheriff Bolton peacefully deal with elven poachers in the nearby forest. The elves had been hunting too near the property of several of the town's more monied residents. The original bounty was to have them hunted and chased off the land, but Daelwyn took the contract to prevent a massacre of his people. The clan encroaching on Karr was known as the Thornleaves and they had long been close trading partners with his clan. He was able to offer an acceptable option of hunting on the Brightwater lands in return for a portion of the game taken being given to them. They call the accord the Brightleaf Compact and it has been in place for more than 6 years now.

Sheriff Bolton wasn't pleased that the elves weren't killed, but he begrudgingly admitted that the contract had been completed.
    Wild_elf.jpg

Nealneal on
  • Options
    I'm going to roll a Thief. I should have him/her up tonight.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    !sign-up

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Imma roll with cleric I think.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    !signup

I'd roll a ranger, but am flexible if someone else wants it.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    !signup[/b]

I'm pretty new to dungeon world, but it always looked neat. I'll probably stick with the good old fighter.

• Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    !Signup

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Lenore the Strange, Human Priestess (Cleric level 1) of the Ancients
    ratqueens_04_cov_b_sm.jpg
    Look: Sharp Eyes, Strange Hair, Flowing Robes, Thin Body

Str 12 (+1); Dex 9 (+0); Con 15 (+1); Int 13 (+1); Wis 16 (+2); Cha 8 (-1)

Damage d6; Armor 1; HP 21

Alignment: Lawful
    Endanger yourself following the precepts of your church or gods.

Race: Human
    Your faith is divise. You can cast and be granted Contact Spirits as if it was a cleric spell.

Bonds
    Scalrag has insulted my deity; I do not trust him.
    Daelwyn is a good and faithful person; I trust him implicitly.
    I am working on converting Karimyr to my faith.
    Halek is in constant danger, I will keep him safe.

Turn Undead
    Whenever you hold your holy symbol aloft and call on your deity for protection, roll +Wis. *On a 7+, so long as you continue to pray and brandish your holy symbol, no undead may come within reach of you. *On a 10+, you also momentarily daze intelligent undead and cause mindless undead to flee. Agression breaks the effects and they are able to act as normal. Intelligent undead may still find ways to harry you from afar. They're clever like that.

Diety
    You serve and worship the Ancients which grant you spells. Their domain is: What Lies Beneath. Your religion is cultish and insular, add Petition: Gaining Secrets.

I imagine the Ancients as somewhere between ancestor worship, apocalypse cult, and Lovecraftian Mythos. Lenore worships her ancestors in the Great Beyond, but the realm of the dead is a twisted, nightmarish and abberrant world where terrible ancient evil slumbers for eternity. Should the evil ever wake it would spell the doom of all. The ancestors are able to tap into the power of the sleeping Old Ones and grant it to their heirs.

Divine Guidance
    When you petition your diety according to the percept of your religion, you are granted some useful knowledge or boon related to your deity's doman. The GM will tell you what.

Commune
    When you spend uninterrupted time (an hour or so) in quiet communion with your deity, you:
    * Lose any spells already granted you.
    * Are granted new spells of your choice whose total levels don't exceed your own level+1, and none of which are higher level than your own level.
    * Prepare all your rotes, which never count against your limit.

Cast a Spell
    When you unleash a spell granted to you by your deity, roll +Wis. *On a 10+, the spell is successfully cast and your deity does not revoke the spell, so you may cast it again. *On a 7-9, the spell is case but choose one:
    * You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot. The GM will tell you how.
    * Your casting distances you from your deity - take -1 ongoing to cast a spell until the next time you commune.
    * After you cast it, the spell is revoked by your deity. You cannot cast the spell again until you commune and have it granted to you.
    Note that maintaining a spell with ongoing effects will sometimes cause a penalty to your roll to cast a spell.

Gear Load 6/22
    Divine Symbol of Interwoven tentacles ouroboros-style (0 weight)
    Shield (+1 armor, 2 weight), Mace (close, 1 weight), bandages (0 weight), adventurer's kit (1 weight), dungeon rations (10 uses, 2 weight)

Rotes: Light, Sanctify, Guidance
    Spells: Cure Light Wounds, Speak with Dead

Someone in your past went missing a long time ago, never to be seen again. Who were they and what happened?
    Lenore the Strange comes from a land far to south. It is vast, mist-cloaked swamp where a people with odd customs and beliefs thrive called the Deep Mire. Their culture is without tennants of personal ownership but with a strong caste-system. They also practice a bizzare religion that seems blasphemous to outsiders. Lenore had been bethrothed to Godfrey, son of the village chieftain and her childhood friend, before he vanished a week before the wedding. Through her faith Lenore tracked him to this strange land of pagan-worshippers. She travelled the land of pale-faced heathens, working miracles and communing with the dead without the blessings of the gods. Lenore eventually gained the attention of the Adventurer's Guild. She had no interested in joining the organization, but they had such strange rules. Laws about crossing imaginary borders of land and other such nonsense. Membership would grant her travel papers to continue her pursuit of Godfrey, as well as shiny coin these strange people seemed to desire in exchange for food and comfortable sleep.

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Scalrag Mandu, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire
    tJ0UgIp.jpg
    Level 1 Human Thief
    Shifty Green Eyes, Cropped Brown Hair, Common Clothes, Lithe Body (ladies)

Stats:
    DEX 16 (+2)
    CHA 15 (+1)
    INT 13 (+1)
    CON 12 (0)
    STR 9 (0)
    WIS 8 (-1)

HP: 18
    Damage: d8
    Armour: 1

Starting Moves:

Professional: When you Spout Lore or Discern Realities about criminal activities, take +1

Trap Expert: When you spend a moment to survey a dangerous area, roll+DEX.
    ✴ On a 10+, hold 3.
    ✴ On a 7–9, hold 1. Spend your hold as you walk through the area to ask these questions:
    Is there a trap here and if so, what activates it?
    What does the trap do when activated?
    What else is hidden here?

Tricks of the Trade: When you pick locks or pockets or disable traps, roll+DEX.
    ✴ On a 10+, you do it, no problem.
    ✴ On a 7–9, you still do it, but the GM will offer you two options between suspicion, danger, or cost.

Backstab: When you attack a surprised or defenseless enemy with a melee weapon, you can choose to deal your damage or roll+DEX.
    ✴ On a 10+ choose two.
    ✴ On a 7–9 choose one.
    You don’t get into melee with them
    You deal your damage+1d6
    You create an advantage, +1 forward to you or an ally acting on it
    Reduce their armor by 1 until they repair it

Flexible Morals: When someone tries to detect your alignment you can tell them any alignment you like.
    Poisoner: Oil of Tagit (applied): The target falls into a light sleep

Alignment: Chaotic
    Leap into danger without a plan

Load: 7/18
    Carried:
    Dungeon Rations x5 (1w)
    Leather Armor (1 armor, 1w)
    Oil of Tagit x3
    Coins x10
    Rapier (close, precise, 1 w)
    Ragged Bow (near, 2w)
    Bundle of arrows (3 ammo, 1w)
    Adventuring gear (1w)

Bonds:
    Hawke has my back when things go wrong.
    I’m smitten with Karimyr; my attempts to impress her could get me into trouble.
    I will teach Daelwyn to live life on the edge.
    Lenore knows something incriminating about me.

You've heard rumors about the old mansion. What were they and who did you hear them from?
    Scalrag has a family connection to the village: his uncle Wendall grew up here and often spoke of the strange manor on the edge of town. Indeed, Uncle Wex never tired of relating the tale of how he and his childhood friends entered and explored the mansion one dark and stormy night, and insisted that it was a haunted realm of adventure, mystery and amazing treasures.

Finding a missing girl is all well and good – but the chance to prove the truth of his uncle’s wild tales (and perhaps liberate any loot Wex the Younger may have overlooked so long ago) is too good to pass up.

“Name’s Scalrag, and if there’s a better treasure-hunter within a thousand miles, I’ll kill them in their sleep - hahaha!

Seriously, though: in their sleep.

You’ve heard of the Ourobouros of Lees, kept on display in Duke Flemming’s Fortress of Imposition? Of course you haven’t! I lifted it right before the Duke’s fortieth birthday. Beat his so-called Lock With One Thousand Keys in six hours and was gone before daybreak. I heard the Duke has forbidden anyone in his realm from speaking of it.

Let’s see ... Oh, I got the Chalice of Saint Quinn a while back; swiped it in the middle of a service. Hey, don’t look at me like that – the Chalice had been taken by cultists for a black mass, and they were going to sacrifice a farmer’s son! But when they realized the cup was gone, they flew into such a confusing tizzy that the boy was able to walk out the back door and go home.

Hmm? Why yes, I did find the Tomb of Captain Grunt. It was deep within the Drowned Grotto and protected not only by a series of truly devious traps, but also an entire colony of vicious mudcrabs. I barely made it out with my weight in gold alive!

And then there was the time I came this close to having the Father of Swords ... until that glory-hogging scoundrel Kreiger betrayed me! I made it all the way through the Temple of Unsheathed Righteousness to the Sanctuary of the Peerless Edge, lifted the Father of Swords from its cradle of dragon-pearls and made ready to cross back over the Coward’s Crevasse – and then Kreiger turned on me. Can you believe it? He refused to throw me the rope until I’d tossed him the sword! Then he cut the rope! How unprofessional can you be? I tell you what: if I ever see Kreiger again, I will have words for him – and those words will be, ‘Surprise, I just stabbed you through the heart.’

Anyway: tricks, traps, pilfering or poison – I’m your man.”

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hawke, Human ex-Legionnaire (Fighter level 1)
    RnqDHn3.jpg
    Look: Hard Eyes, Battered Helm, Scarred Skin, Built Body

Str 16 (+2); Dex 12 (+0); Con 15 (+1); Int 9 (+0); Wis 8 (-1); Cha 13 (+1)

Damage d10; Armor 3; HP 25

Alignment: Neutral
    Defeat a worthy opponent

Race: Human
    Once per battle, you may reroll a single damage roll (yours or someone else's).

Bonds
    I have sworn to protect Daelwyn.
    Scalrag is soft, but I will make him hard like me
    I worry about the ability of Scalrag to survive in the dungeon.

Karimyr owes me, her life, whether they admit it or not.

Bend Bars, Lift Gates
    When you use pure strength to destroy an inanimate obstacle, roll +Str
    On 10, choose 3. On 7-9, choose two
    *It doesn't take a very long time.
    *Nothing of value is damaged.
    *It doesn't make a lot of noise.
    *You can fix it again with little effort.

Armored
    Ignore the clumsy tag on armor you wear.

Gear 8/14 Weight
    *Blood-stained Legionnaire's sword: (Close, Sharp (+2 Piercing), Serrated edges (+1 Damage), 2 weight)
    *Scale Armor (2 Armor, 3 Weight)
    *Shield (+1 Armor, 2 Weight)
    *Healing Potion x2 (Heal for ten damage or remove a debility, 0 Weight)
    Dungeon Rations x5 (1 weight)

* You've had dealings with this village before. What's the village's name and what did you do for them previously?
    I thought I'd be damned before I heard the name Karr again. Back when I was still under the Wheeled Emperor's standard, my battalion made our stand against... hmm. Ah well, doesn't matter. It was some upstart border province that had decided they didn't need to send their taxes back to Hub. We went out to remind them of their duties, and their militia chased us all the way back here. We crossed the bridge back to town, burned it, and made them wade through the river to get to us.

Poor bastards never had a chance. I hear they still call it the Red River.

Anyway, after we rebuilt their bridge, we were off to put down some other idiots who thought they were going to make a go of that whole independence thing.

...Looking back on it, that's probably when I decided that patriotism is for suckers. If you're going to risk your life, you should at least make sure you're getting extravagantly paid instead of just getting a few pieces of ribbon saying how great your are.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Halek, Human Sentinel (Ranger 1)
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9D7y7XUOHD4d-xwOrmTOTREfRtNcZx03wx6IT2Ny22UYmIEF61Q
    Look: Sharp Eyes, Hooded Head, Camouflage, Lithe Body

Strength: 13 (+1)
    Dexterity: 15 (+1)
    Constitution: 12 (0)
    Wisdom: 16 (+2)
    Intelligence: 9 (0)
    Charisma: 8 (-1)

Damage: d8
    Armor: 1
    HP: 20/20

Racial Bonus: No rations consumed on camping in dungeons or cities.

Bonds
    Hawke does not understand life in the wild, so I will teach him.
    Lenore is a friend of nature, so I will be a friend to her.
    Scalrag seems uncomfortable around Naki.
    I have guided Daelwyn before and he owes me.

Moves:

Hunt and Track: Roll +WIS
    7+: Follow the creature's trail until there's a significant change in direction or mode of travel.
    10+: Gain information about quarry or trail end.

Called Shot: Roll +DEX

7-9:
    Head: They do nothing but stand and drool for a few moments.
    Arms: They drop anything they're holding.
    Legs: They're hobbled and slow moving.

10+: As 7-9, plus your damage.

Animal Companion: Wolf (Naki)
    Ferocity +2, Cunning +2, 0 Armor, Instinct +1
    Strengths: Quick Reflexes, Camouflage
    Weaknesses: Frightening
    Trained: Hunt, Fight monsters

Command:
    When you work with your animal companion on something it's trained in and...
    ...you attack the same target, add ferocity to your damage.
    ...you track, add its cunning to your roll.
    ...you take damage, and its armor to yours.
    ...you discern realities, add its cunning to your roll.
    ...you parley, and its cunning to your roll.
    ...someone interferes with you, add its instinct to their roll.

Alignment: Chaotic
    Free someone from literal or figurative bonds

Gear (Load 7/12):
    Dungeon Rations (x5, weight 1)
    Leather Armor (+1, weight 1)
    Arrows (6, weight 2)
    Hunter's Bow (weight 1)
    Spear (weight 1)
    Adventuring Gear (weight 1)

* This isn't your first time hunting for missing children. How did it go last time?

Before I start this story, I just want to state that usually my rescues go off without a hitch. I've faced off with brigands of every race, shape, and size, and I get what I go after. But I know that's not what you're looking to hear. You want the story of the time when it all went wrong. Well, fine. This is that story.

This all happened in Ridel's Ferry - two towns west of this mansion we're about to investigate. The guy that owns the ferry for which the town is named got a note, saying to bring some ridiculous amount of gold to a nearby abandoned storehouse or his daughter's gonna get the axe. Typical ransom case, right? Well, me and a bunch of guys from the guild get hired to surround the place and make sure they don't get away with a enough coin to feed all the mounts in Castle Breston for a year.

Well you wouldn't believe it but that silly girl had gone and fallen head over heels for one of the thieves in that operation, and when they try to give her back to Ridel, she just won't shut up about not leaving him and wanting to stay and a bunch of other nonsense. Well the father of course is furious and tries to force her away as the kidnappers hustle away straight towards where me and one other guy are posted to stop 'em. But she gets away from dad, starts running after. The other guard is about to take a shot at the thieves but I see that girl running in, and I know this guy isn't as good a shot as he should be. There's a good chance he's gonna kill that girl. I whip around to try and stop him but it's too late, he's firing, and my reflexes just took over, and I got my hand in the way of that arrow. That's how this happened.

Halek shows his right hand. A third of his palm is disfigured scar tissue and on closer inspection, you can see that his fourth and fifth fingers stick out at a slightly odd angle. He makes it into a fist and you see that those fingers can't clench completely.

Well, they heard me scream and headed in another direction, ran into some of the other sentries and didn't last long trying to fight through. The girl, though, they let her by, no idea that she had ran from her father. She never came back, either. Probably didn't last long in the woods, but I always hope that she did all right.

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    I see we're all human? Down with the pointy ears and groin kickers!

• Options
    *Pssst, Daelwyn is right behind you.*

Points surreptitiously.

• Options
    I'm pretty sure Nealneal is an elf.

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    *Pssst, Daelwyn is right behind you.*

Points surreptitiously.

Well, yes, but we're all over here while she's a few posts up!

...Although who knows what she could hear with those giant ears.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    It's one thing to imply all male elves look feminine, but now you're making fun of my ears too?

Nealneal on
  • Options
    Nealneal wrote: »
    It's one thing to imply all male elves look feminine, but now you're making fun of my ears too?

Man, I'm on a reading comprehension roll today, huh? :P

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Adjudicator Karimyr, Magus Tertiary of the Conservatory

lydia.jpg
    Look: Haunted Eyes, Wild Hair, Stylish Robes, Creepy Body

Str 12 (+0); Dex 9 (+0); Con 8 (-1); Int 16 (+2); Wis 13 (+1); Cha 15 (+1)

Damage d4; Armor 0; HP 12/12

Alignment: Good
    Use magic to directly aid another.

Race: Elf
    Magic is as natural as breath to you. Detect Magic is a cantrip for you.

Bonds
    Daelwyn is keeping an important secret from me.
    Halek is woefully ignorant about the nature of magic, so it's up to me to educate him.
    Lenore and I have worked together before, and worked against each other before.

Spellbook
    You have mastered several spells and inscribed them in your spellbook.

Prepare Spells
    When you spend uninterrupted time (an hour or so) in quiet contemplation of your spellbook, you:

* Lose any spells you already have prepared.
    * Prepare new spells of your choice from your spellbook whose total levels don't exceed your own level +1.
    * Prepare your cantrips which never count against your limit.

Cast a Spell
    When you release a spell you've prepared, roll+Int. *On a 10+, the spell is successfully cast and you do not forget the spell - you may cast it again later. *On a 7-9, the spell is cast but choose one:

* You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot. The GM will tell you how.
    * The spell disturbs the fabric of reality as it is cast - take -1 ongoing to cast a spell until the next time you Prepare Spells.
    * After it is cast, the spell is forgotten. You cannot cast the spell until you Prepare Spells.

Note that maintaining spells with ongoing effects will sometimes cause a penalty to your roll to cast a spell.

Spell Defense
    You may end any ongoing spell immediately and use the energy of its dissipation to deflect an oncoming attack. The spell ends and you subtract its level from the damage done to you.

Ritual

When you draw on a place of power to create a magical effect, tell the GM what you're trying to achieve. Ritual effect are always possible, but the GM will give you one to four of the following conditions:

* It's going to take days/weeks/months.
    * First you must ___.
    * You'll need help from ___.
    * It will require a lot of money.
    * The best you can do is a lesser version, unreliable and limited.
    * You and your allies will risk danger from ___.
    * You'll have to disenchant ___ to do it.

Gear Load 5/19
    Bag of books [5 uses, 2 weight] and 3 healing potions
    Staff [Close, two-handed, 1 weight]
    3 Antitoxins
    Spellbook [1 weight] and dungeon rations [5 uses, 1 weight]

Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Unseen Servant
    Spells: Charm Person, Contact Spirits, Magic Missile

The Guild isn't particular happy with you. Why is that?
    Karimyr considers her standing as a wizard of the Conservatory as being higher in priority than her membership in the Adventurer's Guild time and time again. Now while the Guild isn't against its members having additional affiliations on top of their Guild membership, they're a lot less understanding about those who work at cross-purposes against the Guild.

i.e. Refuse to work any assignments where the interests and/or members of the Conservatory are endangered by direct action by the Guild. In particular in a recent mission, Karimyr has actually actively worked against the Adventurers sent by the the Guild.

Kirindal on
  • Options
    @InkSplat‌ I know you were looking for 5 PCs, but can you bring yourself to do six? Everyone has done a great job with their character concepts.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Also, @Kirindal: Hello, nurse!

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Alrighty, so, I guess we're good to go! Kind of surprised me there, ha. Nothing at all yesterday, and today I've been driving cross-country and suddenly I stop for food and see you guys have overflowed the thread with characters!

But yeah, I can totally make a go of six.

Warning though, these first couple days will be a bit slow, as I was honestly expecting this to take the rest of the week to fill up, not like, all in one afternoon. I'm in the process of driving from Oregon to Maryland (currently in Nevada. Good lord is this state huge and empty). So it'll be Friday or Saturday before I land in Baltimore and things will get a little more consistent.

In the mean-time though, lets start with your Bonds! After seeing everybody's stuff, does anyone have any of their bonds that they feel would be a perfect fit for someone else's characters? Any original Bonds they had an idea for? I love the world you guys are creating so far, and am interested to see the history your characters have with each other.

@Nealneal @Mikey CTS @Iron Weasel @Capfalcon @MrTLicious @Kirindal

• Options
    edited June 2014
    I totally want Daelwyn to be keeping that secret from Karimyr. Other than that, I won't be able to throw up anything until after lunch today.

Edit: I'm so excited. I've run Dungeon World, but never gotten to play it.

Nealneal on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I get the impression that

Hawke does not understand life in the wild, so I will teach him.

And since anyone that's a friend of nature is a friend of mine, I'll probably be pretty friendly with Lenore and Daelwyn.

I kind of want someone to be creeped out (not necessarily scared, maybe just disquieted) by my wolf, but that seems like a character choice that I wouldn't want to thrust on anyone.

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    You know who might not be a huge fan of dogs and dog-like creatures?

The guy who breaks into people's home seeks treasure wherever it may be for a living.

Is it ok of we make up Bonds that aren't part of the character creation rules?

Also, @Mikey CTS I bet Scalrag is the kind of guy who would say something rude about weird foreign cults and the spooky gods they worship.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Any original Bonds they had an idea for?

Yeah, I think so.

I was hoping scalrag would be that guy ;)

• Options
    FYI, when you @ someone in an edit, they don't get it.

• Options
    I'm in. Pooch needs a name, though.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Ragnar Bunnybane; known as the Terror of the Lagomorphs and the Hasenpfeffer Hound.

Nealneal on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I guess this meeting is never going to start, so I can handle my bonds while I wait on slow people.

Daelwyn sang the stories of Hawke long before I ever met him in person.

This is not Daelwyn's first adventure with Halek.

Nealneal on
  • Options
    Scalrag seems uncomfortable around Naki.

• Options
    Also, @Mikey CTS I bet Scalrag is the kind of guy who would say something rude about weird foreign cults and the spooky gods they worship.

I can get behind this.

Scalrag has insulted my deity; I do not trust them.

Hey @Nealneal‌ what do you think? Lenore's interptation of "good and faithful" may be a little different.

Daelwyn is a good and faithful person; I trust them implicitly.

@Kirindal‌ I think Lenore believes your magic taps directly in the same source as her own but is very dangerous soo...

I am working on converting Karimyr to my faith.

• Options
    I can dig it. "Good and faithful to what exactly... the Spirit of the Forest? The Eternal Chord? Some crusty old dead gods from ancient times?"

• Options
    You know who might not be a huge fan of dogs and dog-like creatures?

The guy who breaks into people's home seeks treasure wherever it may be for a living.

Is it ok of we make up Bonds that aren't part of the character creation rules?

Yeah, its fine if you make up bonds. Just stick to your starting number of Bonds.

• Options
    All I see on bond restrictions is "at least one" :P

• Options
    @MrTLicious‌

Halek is in constant danger, I will keep him safe.

• Options
    So it's cool if we can tack on an additional Bond or two to what we have @InkSplat ?

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    All I see on bond restrictions is "at least one" :P

Its been clarified by the designers, as far as I know, that max starting bonds = the number of starting bonds they give you. Its why the Bard has 6 compared to the other classes having 3-4. They're naturally more connected to people.

Kirindal wrote: »
    So it's cool if we can tack on an additional Bond or two to what we have @InkSplat ?

Wizard can have 3, so feel free to pick out 2 more. (You only have the Secret one right now, yeah?)

• Options
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Wizard can have 3, so feel free to pick out 2 more. (You only have the Secret one right now, yeah?)

Yep, groovy. Wasn't sure how many bonds we were allowed in total since it only seemed to be minimum one.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    So I didn’t initially read the rules about what exactly Alignment is used for, and now I’d like to change mine before we begin to:

Chaotic
    Leap into danger without a plan.

Scalrag is used to getting by on his talent, charm and wits. Not thinking things through is right up his alley.

As for bonds:

@Capfalcon, how do you feel about being the Bronn to my Tyrion?

Hawke has my back when things go wrong.
    Things go wrong a lot.

@Kirindal I thought this could be fun:

I’m smitten with Karimyr; my attempts to impress her could get me into trouble.
    "Hi there. Is this seat taken? Oh. Well, I’m sure they won’t mind.
    My name’s Scalrag - what’s yours? 'Karimyr' – that’s very pretty. I bet people call you Kary all the time, right? Oh. Uh, Miri, then?
    Ah, just Karimyr? Yeah, no, that’s what I would go with if we were talking to each other. Which we are – haha! *Ahem*

So, I hear you’re part of the observatory. Uh, right. Conservatory. Exactly. What did I say? *ahem*

Me? Well actually I specialize in low-visibility maneuver, general troubleshooting and wealth redistribution.

A thief? Now that’s just not fair! I mean, not every asset I’ve liberated has been nominally the property of an active third party. I’ve descended into caves and tombs and dungeons and all sorts of places for the really good stuff.

It’s not grave robbing – it’s treasure hunting! It’s a legitimate profession with a long and storied history! Why, this one time I –

Wait, what? You’re ... getting a message? Like, in your head? Oh – it’s a magic thing. Right. Oh, dear. That’s so sad. Well, yeah you should get going. I actually have to leave, too. See you around, Karimyr. Sorry to hear about your cat.

Oh yeah – she likes me.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing: