As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I always put up a mini tree, because I don't have enough room (or enough effort) to put up an actual tree. I have a nice small plastic one that has enough area for my ornaments, and it's a snap to set up and tear down.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    What about all those tree-less Jews and Muslims?

Ah, who am I kidding. An old co-worker of mine already has her tree up.

Anyway, made a student loan payment last night. Now I can focus on throwing some money at Santee.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    When we got our two dachshunds, we went from having the traditional giant christmas tree to a small 2.5 ft tree that sits on top of our entertainment center.

Adapt, @Elin

Adapt and spread cheer!

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Elin wrote: »
    I think that I'm going to skip putting up an actual tree again this year. Between not having enough room without disassembling my dining room table and the feeling that the beagle would pull the whole thing down it's not worth it. I'll just stick with my Christmas flower arrangement.

Don't worry. I'm putting up two trees this year, so it balances out on a worldwide festivity basis.

Yeah, I'll also have a second tree in my son's room. We got this.
    Beltaine wrote: »
    When we got our two dachshunds, we went from having the traditional giant christmas tree to a small 2.5 ft tree that sits on top of our entertainment center.

Adapt, @Elin

Adapt and spread cheer!

We have a dachshund and a beagle and they've never bothered our tree, but our 9 month old son is a different story.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    This year's Santee is going to be a tough nut to crack. I'm going to have to call in reinforcements.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    This year's Santee is going to be a tough nut to crack. I'm going to have to call in reinforcements.

Brute Squad, standing by.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I worry that some of these posts about difficult santees are about me, but I have a tough santee to crack too so maybe we're all just getting "too old for this shit" and should "only have 2 more days till retirement."

On the other hand, I can basically send anything. I want to try to make something this year, time permitting of course and I think I have a few good directions for it.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    I think that I'm going to skip putting up an actual tree again this year. Between not having enough room without disassembling my dining room table and the feeling that the beagle would pull the whole thing down it's not worth it. I'll just stick with my Christmas flower arrangement.

We need a not awesome button.

If it helps, I made the flower arrangement myself and the vase I put it in is a huge floor standing one. I also have one of those tiny centerpiece size trees that I have little mini ornaments for, I put it on my coffee table.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Y,'know, I don't post often, so every time I see someone complain about lack of posting, they get +2 to my suspicion that they are my Santa. Just saying.

I'm mostly on the vent server, so that's where I do my opinion sharing. The best part is that they aren't recorded, so I can change them whenever. Xp

To my Santa:
    I'm not very picky, I enjoy a wide variety of things. Board games are cool, and so are toys (for the most part)

I play MTG, and I serve the Newell. I go to PAX if I have the funding. There is evidence of doing so in a few threads, and somewhere on the nvidia site, there's a photo of me winning their PAX Tiki PC.

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

We need a not awesome button.

If it helps, I made the flower arrangement myself and the vase I put it in is a huge floor standing one. I also have one of those tiny centerpiece size trees that I have little mini ornaments for, I put it on my coffee table.

Ok. At least you have some kind of tree. I'm not your Santa, but I was about to go out, buy a tree, and mail it to you.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    Oh god - I got a mod to buy for! Does a badly chosen gift = banning?

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    umm... i doubt it. but publicizing who you have isn't very fun

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    iMatt wrote: »
    Oh god - I got a mod to buy for! Does a badly chosen gift = banning?

No, but if a mod gets you it is always fun.

"Dear Santee,
    This year I am giving you the gift of time.
    Time and freedom.
    "

You've been banned.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    No, but you basically just said who your Santee was since I'm the only mod on the list.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    This isn't a major crisis, but nobody should be giving hints about their Santee's identity. Especially huge ones like that.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    CHRISTMAS IS RUINED.

IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Unless it's a ploy to throw you off the scent.

Quick, someone discreetly swap santas!

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Wait a minute... I got a mod too!!

This must be Raz's long con come to fruition!!

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    I got Raz as well.

Were all the names Raz?

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Something isn't right here. ....

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Uhhh are we all gifting Raz this year? This sounds fishy. What are you all getting him?

• Options
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Uhhh are we all gifting Raz this year? This sounds fishy. What are you all getting him?

My heart...

• Options
    PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN GIVING HYPATIA A BAG OF MONEY.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Man, even I got Rorus Raz and I'm not taking part.

Truly I have been out-grinched by this ingenious scheme.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Well, I got Raz too, but I'll be DAMNED if I'm getting him anything.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    The best part about the plan is that after Raz gets all the presents, he can ban everyone, because nobody else got presents.
    It's the perfect Yule time crime.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    The best part about the plan is that after Raz gets all the presents, he can ban everyone, because nobody else got presents.
    It's the perfect Yule time crime.

That's like, Goldman Sachs level of evil.
    D:

• Options
    No no, it all works out fairly.

Everyone is my Santa, and I'm everyone's Santa.

You're all getting the gift of infractions.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

No more Mr. Gift.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Infractions? Does that meet the minimum of gift cost? Because, ya know, if it doesn't...

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    WTB 2X <Infraction> $120 PST

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    There has to be something wrong because I for some reason didn't get Raz! Why am I out of the loop?

(Because I got Raz's "not a mod" alt account obviously)

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Figuring out gifts gets harder every year. The first year, it was easy mode. Last year I got someone who didn't post here a ton, but had a decent online presence. This year is sort of a special situation and the leads are way lower. Fortunately, I have prepared for this by playing Arkham City. What would Batman do?

Still in the planning phases, but rest assured Santee: awesome is still coming in a box.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    Figuring out gifts gets harder every year. The first year, it was easy mode. Last year I got someone who didn't post here a ton, but had a decent online presence. This year is sort of a special situation and the leads are way lower. Fortunately, I have prepared for this by playing Arkham City. What would Batman do?

Still in the planning phases, but rest assured Santee: awesome is still coming in a box.

So you're going to break into their house through the second floor window, place a sticky explosive on their attic door, and snoop around for big green question marks?

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Hey

Hey Santee

I got your gift today

Well, one of them anyways

You're getting two

The other one should be ordered...Friday-ish

And then I will get it sent to me and send it to you with the other one and there shall be merriment

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    Hey Santee... you don't know what's about to go on. I am positively bursting at the seams with merriment right now. You're going to have a better Christmas from me than most of my family will. Think about that.

SANTA. I'M SORRY I'M SUCH A BUM.
    My posting history is kind of one-track, usually for whichever game I am playing at that particular moment. So, incase you might need some more pointers, here's the skinny.

My shirt size is 3XL.
    I am a Paramedic by trade going on for my Critical Care and Flight Paramedic qualifications, so medical/study items are always good.
    I am attempting to quit smoking and have switched to E-Cigs recently - so Juice for that is always welcome! (http://www.mtbakervapor.com/ has never disappointed, 50%/50% PG/VG and 0-6mg nicotine.)
    I was planning on getting a PS4 to replace my long defunct PS3, but that will likely have to wait until my birthday in February. I own a X360 but no handhelds.
    My Steam username is in my sig, but I don't really keep the wishlist there up to date.
    Artwork is my weakness. Video Game, Art Deco, Mucha, Minimalist.
    ANYTHING LOCAL! I am originally from Australia and have settled in the USA - my love of travel has shown that local, not available widely items are usually pretty fantastic.

If you need any more info, please just proxy me.

So glad to be doing this again this year. You guys make the season all warm and fuzzy.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Ah! Gift abort, gift abort! That was a close one.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    According to tracking, it's there. Mission successful!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    According to tracking, it's there. Mission successful!

But...

But I haven't gotten any packages today.

:(

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00