As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread got turned into a pink bunny, find the new one.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Without Rupees? A long time. I play certain levels that almost guarantee a level per completion, and an affordable ($1K-$30K) second level up in Training Dojo. Technically, 150 stages x 6-10 minutes (Depending on Rack Up KO Count Stage). So 25 hrs, unless I borked the math.

Or cut that in half using training dojo.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Remember that the level cap is going increasing above 150. Keep saving those rupees!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I know. I had to get another 420 so I could add EXP and Legendary to it again.

Thank the Goddess you can transfer Legendary. That 25k is a bitch.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    Seriously though, this next DLC pack is going to add a bunch of stuff to make grinding easier. I'm finding it super hard to play the game right now because I've become so spoiled on the new stuff. :)

Not much longer now though...

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    So rounding down and being generous, about 12 hours

Per character

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Heh.

I just got a weapon for Volga that wound up having the Vs Dragon skill. Awkward.

• Options
    ZilikZilik Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    I know. I had to get another 420 so I could add EXP and Legendary to it again.

Thank the Goddess you can transfer Legendary. That 25k is a bitch.

The cap on weapon power is 450, so Legendary will only add 30 power to a 420 weapon which makes it incredibly underwhelming for the amount of effort it takes to get it. I guess its there to let you use the weaker weapons if you want, but man was I frustrated when I found out how little it did.

On the note of leveling, you have two good options. (assuming you have the DLC)
    The bottom left corner of the Master Quest map will net you about six levels in EXP per run even at the highest levels.
    The "Enemy Divides" maps on the Twilight Map are also a good source of EXP. Split the enemy officer into as many copies as you can, go into Focus Mode to get the EXP Bonus, and kill them all.

Switch : SW-6376-0705-0509
  • Options
    I rotate levels for EXP depending on character/element.

And that +30 is almost like 5 free level ups. I take every advantage the game allows.
    Wyborn wrote: »

Per character

Pretty much. Could be closer to 9.5 depending on how many rupees you have.
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Seriously though, this next DLC pack is going to add a bunch of stuff to make grinding easier. I'm finding it super hard to play the game right now because I've become so spoiled on the new stuff. :)

Not much longer now though...

Please let there be a "Always drops Gold material" potion.

Using focus spirit helps gold drop rate, but not as much as I'd like.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Yaaaay

http://nintendoeverything.com/hyrule-warriors-has-done-pretty-well-for-koei-tecmo/
    Hyrule Warriors has done quite well overseas – the United States in particular. Take a look at some data compiled by NeoGAF’s “ZhugeEX” that compares sales of Hyrule Warriors to other Warriors entries in the states:

j44ACIl.jpg

Since Japan is important, here’s a look at how Hyrule Warriors stacks up to other Musou entries:

Wii U

Hyrule Warriors ~130k
    Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper ~35k
    Fist of the North Star 2 ~15k

Wii

Samurai Warriors Katana – 35k
    Samurai Warriors 3 – 320k
    Samurai Warriors 3XL – 80k

New IP Musou – sales in Japan for first game
    340k – Dynasty Warriors 2
    1060k – Samurai Warriors
    670k – Warriors Orochi (excl PSP/PC)
    660k – Dynasty Warriors Gundam (inc PS2)
    660k – Fist of the North Star
    70k – Warriors Legends of Troy
    860k – One Piece Pirate Warriors

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I cant say I finished Hyrule Warriors, I lost interest. But it really is the best DW game I ever played.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

Per character

Well technically you only gotta do the full grind with one character. After that, you'd have to be cucco not to use rupees since there doesn't seem to be any other use. Or rather, most everything requires tiny amounts of rupees, it's training that's the money sink.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I wonder how much it has to sell for Nintendo to consider it a hit?

Clearly it doesn't require CoD sales. Probably more like Endless Ocean? A million is considered amazing?

• Options
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    I wonder how much it has to sell for Nintendo to consider it a hit?

Clearly it doesn't require CoD sales. Probably more like Endless Ocean? A million is considered amazing?

Koei Tecmo's expectations were to sell 500k copies of it, so the game is definitely a success.

• Options
    Nintendo has always been weird with sales expectations. One might even say... realistic.

Were this EA or Activision, 3 million or GTFO.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I hope they try this idea again with another franchise.

Fingers crossed for Fire Emblem Warriors. Or Star Fox Warriors. Or Kid Icarus Warrors. Or Samusou.

• Options
    Animal Crossing Warriors.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Metroid Warriors would be amazing

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

I have no idea how you would do that considering the lack of characters, but yeah count me in.

• Options

I have no idea how you would do that considering the lack of characters, but yeah count me in.

Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Kid Samus, Morph Ball Samus, SA-X Samus, Dark Samus, Spaceship Samus, Pinball Samus

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Samus, Ridley, the bounty hunters from Hunters, the bounty hunters from Corruption, Fleet Admiral CASTOR DANE (HERO OF THE FEDERATION!), and U-Mos. Not a complete list, maybe, but that's at minimum a solid start.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I guess I need to play the other primes, I didn't realize there were so many characters.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Holy shit Maz-. Animal Crossing Warriors would be insanely awesome.

They could take the missions right from the game and it would be hilarious.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Any time a Metroid game has tried to add characters, it gets mixed results and cries that Samus should be alone. And mute.

• Options
    I thought people liked Prime 3? I mean, the other hunters don't last, but I liked them.

Alternatively, Samusou would have you with no army of your own, with you destroying everything. But that wouldn't lend itself to as much as the others, strategy wise.

• Options
    I wouldn't mind a Castlevania Warriors. Seems pretty easy to do.

Though I'd really like NES Warriors. Then you could have Link, Samus, Bionic Commando, Simon Belmont, etc.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Disney Warriors would be cool.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Castlevania Warriors could just repurpose the "plot" of Harmony Of Despair.

• Options
    I'm not saying I have inside info but....

...CAPTAIN N WARRIORS!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I'd lose my mind if they put out a Captain N game. Still pissed its not on Netflix/Hulu. My wife has never seen it and I have a fierce urge to remedy that.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I'm not saying I have inside info but....

...CAPTAIN N WARRIORS!

Comic version, right?

With 6'3'' bounty hunter with a heart of gold Samus?

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    zlCfzS7P1lwiU9kDjk

There, all skulltulas in Master Quest done :D Also all maps done, tho some are still silver and/or with rewards I need to get.

I have a feeling the Twilight Princess one is gonna take me forever tho. It's damn hard. I think most maps are geared to 100+ level characters. I hope the Majora's Mask one isn't even harder, tho I suspect it might be :( But I guess if they work it like Master Quest's where that was sort of a level up map for Cia/Volga/Wizzro, maybe they can make this a levelup map for Tingle/Young Link (and maybe retroactively Midna?)

Edit: Also, easiest idea for another Warriors game would be Fire Emblem. It grafts in perfectly. Though they are already doing a lot of Fire Emblem right now (assuming SMTxFE isn't cancelled at this point...) and I doubt it would sell as well as Hyrule Warriors (since that sells almost purely on the Zelda IP... FE isn't nearly as popular).

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Mushroom Kingdom Warriors?
    Plenty of characters, especially if you include the rpgs.

Or why not got whole hog and just have Smash Bros Warriors?

Adventure Mode update: Trying to get Darunia's lvl3 hammer, and I think I'm going to need some more grinding if I'm going to get A-rank. That was brutal.
    Level 50, 4-star lvl2 hammer, and it took me 31 minutes to finish, along with taking more than twice the damage for A-rank.
    Might try bringing my level 90 Link in with co-op, but I think the super-shield moblins would still mess me up, and I don't think I can find a safe place to park Darunia while I clean up as Link.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Whelp, got all the items in Master Quest now. Just need to get 3 more golds and I'll have all of those too :P Which then means I have to move on to Twilight Princess map :P Booooo :D

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I still want Final Fantasy Warriors

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Its called Kingdom hearts

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Whelp, got all the items in Master Quest now. Just need to get 3 more golds and I'll have all of those too :P Which then means I have to move on to Twilight Princess map :P Booooo :D

There are a few levels on Twilight map that I'm having serious issues with. One is a 700 ko map that throws everything AND the kitchen sink at you.

Which normally isn't a big deal, but its super conservative with the easy kill nobodies, and very liberal with named characters and giant bosses. You can't just ignore the big boys and focus on the grunts.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Mushroom Kingdom Warriors would probably be the most plausible one. Any time I think of Fire Emblem Warriors, it just doesn't feel wacky enough to work. That is to say, the whole reason why Hyrule Warriors worked for me was it was something so completely different from the usual situation for The Legend of Zelda, taking something that usually has plodding and methodical combat and emphasizes exploration and discovery and cross-breeding it with this massive-scale military combat game series*. Fire Emblem, by contrast, already involves a bunch of high-ranking swordfighters carving their way through piles of grunts to settle political disputes. And given how little tolerance I have left for Musou after Hyrule Warriors, you'd need a wackier premise than Fire Emblem's mid-to-high fantasy to raise my eyebrows.

* It didn't hurt that Skyward Sword ended with a sequence very much like what you do in Hyrule Warriors.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    A massive blast of flame tears through the enemy lines, knocking Goombas and Koopa Troopers aside by the dozen. As the smoke clears, the lone man decimating the forces of King Bowser becomes visible. Red overalls and a white cap, bearing the red M that has come to symbolize doom for entire armies.
    The demon opens his mouth, and the survivors are chilled by his battle cry...
    "Yeah! A-ha-ha!"

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Hyrule Warriors goal of the day: 150 Darunia. 17 lvls to go. Should be able to knock that out when the kiddo takes his nap.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Its called Kingdom hearts

I'd rather the game actually be fun tho and actually be a Musou game.

Magic Pink on