Options

[Hearthstone] DEATHRATTLE: POST IN NEW THREAD!

1939495969799»

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Cabal Shadow Priest recombobulates into Anima Golem roughly 85% of the time.

Also Excavated Evil makes fatigue matchups really weird, but as long as you don't draw and they do at all it seems to balance out fine.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    El Skid wrote: »
    Menasor wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    Ogre Warmaul always screws you, that's a fact not RNG, never use that card.

But its in every GvG pack I open. It must be good for something!

Technically it's good for ramming your face into the enemy's biggest minion...unless that was what you were trying to do, at which point you run into the enemy's face.

Sometimes, you play Warrior in Arena to get some quests done, and you just get jack-diddly-squat for card selection.

hippofant on
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    webber wrote: »
    You can also just completed those quests in brawl. Especially when you don't want to reroll the big gold quests.

ed: Apparently my name is Snow. Jon, Snow.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »

Technically it's good for ramming your face into the enemy's biggest minion...unless that was what you were trying to do, at which point you run into the enemy's face.

Sometimes, you play Warrior in Arena

well there's your problem

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    If you need to get a warrior quest done and don't have the cards/inclination to play warrior, you should probably either:

a) Play warrior in a brawl, if available
    b) or else just play a face warrior with weapons and charge minions until you win a few games.

Playing a warrior in arena is probably not a good idea, because their hero power does nothing for board control, and arena is almost exclusively about board control, as I understand it.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    there are still a bunch of classic rogue cards i dont have. i'd say it is the one class that doesnt work right out of the gate, some cards like prep and si:7 are requirements to make it work. not to mention it really just doesnt have as many power cards as other classe.

Also, does anyone else seem to get an insane number of burgles and beneath the grounds in packs? i have golds and regulars of both of them and have dusted quite a few of each as well.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    You can also just completed those quests in brawl. Especially when you don't want to reroll the big gold quests.

You can also complete them in Campaign games, right?

If so, some of those BRM bosses are ez mode with mill rogue.

Nope, only the 7 win and the spectator quest can be done against the innkeeper/adventure mode. But rogue is still pretty good in arena.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    If you need to get a warrior quest done and don't have the cards/inclination to play warrior, you should probably either:

Playing a warrior in arena is probably not a good idea, because their hero power does nothing for board control, and arena is almost exclusively about board control, as I understand it.

That is absolutely correct.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Idx86 wrote: »

If anything, I feel like Warrior's gotten weaker and weaker in Arena. At least in the old days, you could rely on Fiery War Axes. Nowadays, it's all fucking Ogre Warmauls and King's Defenders.

• Options

If anything, I feel like Warrior's gotten weaker and weaker in Arena. At least in the old days, you could rely on Fiery War Axes. Nowadays, it's all fucking Ogre Warmauls and King's Defenders.

ADWCTA was doing the #ArenaWarriorsMatter thing for a reason, they have definitely been the worst class for a while. Obsidian Destroyer and Fierce Monkey from this set are great commons to try and help them out.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Oh wow, BronzeBeard in Dragon Priest is just mean. There are so many situation for him to be useful.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Handkor wrote: »
    Oh wow, BronzeBeard in Dragon Priest is just mean. There are so many situation for him to be useful.

So, that just gave me an idea (that I probably should have thought of before). If Brann is out, then shrink/cabal could steal 2 minions with 4 attack or one minion with 6 attack and one with 2?

Whoa.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited November 2015

So, that just gave me an idea (that I probably should have thought of before). If Brann is out, then shrink/cabal could steal 2 minions with 4 attack or one minion with 6 attack and one with 2?

Whoa.

My understanding is it would be one minion with 6 or less attack. The shrinkmaster's battlecry goes off twice on the minion you target, reducing it's attack by 4. Then the cabal's battlecry goes off twice on the minion you target, stealing it...twice, with only the first having an effect.

El Skid on
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular

Whoa.

My understanding is it would be one minion with 6 or less attack. The shrinkmaster's battlecry goes off twice on the minion you target, reducing it's attack by 4. Then the cabal's battlecry goes off twice on the minion you target, stealing it...twice, with only the first having an effect.

Oh...So for battlecries that have choices, you only get to choose once? That is disappointing. :(

I guess this would also explain why cards like Kodo only kill one minion even if 2 minions are available. The battlecry "chooses" once, then kills the minion twice.

I guess it is consistent in that way, but that is kind of a bummer. :(

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    Out of interest, how does Brann work with Mind control Tech. If you have 4 minion does he steal 2 or does the aecond steal fail because the first left you with 3 menus?

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    Here's a druid i put together, it's nearly all battlecries and the double battlecries guy. Nothing to lose here!

If you can think of any edits that work better, let me know!

You might not have it, but the second Lore is almost certainly worth a slot. I'd also recommend Haunted Creeper; provides a very reliable body to hit with Abusive/Argus.

That said, I feel this deck would work a lot better in warlock, which is exactly what I did with Brann. Basically Zoo except I have like eight ways to give my minions +4 attack out of hand. Winstreaked up to 9 with it.

whats your list look like?

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

People who don't play mage in arena lol

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

Paladin also works fine in arena, to be fair.

• Options
    kime wrote: »

Paladin also works fine in arena, to be fair.

Rogue is actually very strong, as well, and has been considered the top arena class for a while.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    InqInq Registered User regular

Whoa.

Oh...So for battlecries that have choices, you only get to choose once? That is disappointing. :(

I guess this would also explain why cards like Kodo only kill one minion even if 2 minions are available. The battlecry "chooses" once, then kills the minion twice.

I guess it is consistent in that way, but that is kind of a bummer. :(

Battlecries with a target you choose will activate on that target twice (this sucks for Vol'jin!). Battlecries with a random target will choose 2 random targets. Apparently Kodo's issue is that it may choose the same target twice, but it doesn't always.

This video demonstrates some situations:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jamaxXSBDic

• Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    The interaction with Void Terror is amazing. I would never have thought that it did that.

Also I just counted and I am missing ~35 epics. Anyone want to loan me 14,000 dust?

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I was pretty disappointed earlier, when I stole an opponent's Brann Bronzebeard, and then used the Priest take-a-3-attack-or-less-minion-for-1-turn spell to grab an opponent's Raptor that had stolen the Deathrattle from a piloted shredder. When I ran the minion into the shredder, killing both, I only got 1 bonus minion out of the deal.

Also, <3 Klepto Priest.

I've actually moved up a whole ranking with it!

• Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I was pretty disappointed earlier, when I stole an opponent's Brann Bronzebeard, and then used the Priest take-a-3-attack-or-less-minion-for-1-turn spell to grab an opponent's Raptor that had stolen the Deathrattle from a piloted shredder. When I ran the minion into the shredder, killing both, I only got 1 bonus minion out of the deal.

Also, <3 Klepto Priest.

Brann = 2 x battlecry.

Baron Rivendare = 2 x deathrattle.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    With the exception of Darnassus Aspirant, Wildwalker and Robo cub...most of the Druid lineup hates Brann. Especially the Druid cards.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I'm not having much success with Kelptoblue Preist. Unless I'm facing control, I'm usually sitting on a fat deck of cards with no life. But it is satisfying killing a handlock as Jaraxxus with Confessor Paletess out after stealing two Giants and sucking up all their removal.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    With the exception of Darnassus Aspirant, Wildwalker and Robo cub...most of the Druid lineup hates Brann. Especially the Druid cards.
    But you also are immune to weblord. The value!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Also, <3 Klepto Priest.

Brann = 2 x battlecry.

Baron Rivendare = 2 x deathrattle.

Reading = fundamental.

:D

• Options

ADWCTA was doing the #ArenaWarriorsMatter thing for a reason, they have definitely been the worst class for a while. Obsidian Destroyer and Fierce Monkey from this set are great commons to try and help them out.

Well, Warriors have been the worst class for a while, but it's really struck me how they're actually WORSE than they used to be. Most other classes are better in Arena than they were at release. Maybe not Rogue? I think they were the best Arena class at release, due to "This is our town, scrub!" and that people hadn't caught on to the tempo nature of Arena yet.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    seems like in some mystical shaman deck where you played it with neptulon or mistcaller you virtually win the game on the spot.

unfortunately we don't have such a thing yet. but I will be wwaiting.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Am I supposed to stop drawing cards in this brawl after turn 3? I won my first game this morning and promptly went to bed, so I don't remember how that went. Now, I need to do a rogue quest, but I don't have a deck ready, so I figured I'd do it in brawl. I got a twilight drake as a pick on turn 3, so I figured great, I'll get a discover card and a draw, not too shabby. Then when I played it, I noticed it was lower than I had calculated. And I didn't have a pirate. Didn't get a pirate next turn, either. Then I ran out of cards and had to play the discover card every turn or do nothing. This can't be right, can it?

• Options
    InqInq Registered User regular
    Am I supposed to stop drawing cards in this brawl after turn 3? I won my first game this morning and promptly went to bed, so I don't remember how that went. Now, I need to do a rogue quest, but I don't have a deck ready, so I figured I'd do it in brawl. I got a twilight drake as a pick on turn 3, so I figured great, I'll get a discover card and a draw, not too shabby. Then when I played it, I noticed it was lower than I had calculated. And I didn't have a pirate. Didn't get a pirate next turn, either. Then I ran out of cards and had to play the discover card every turn or do nothing. This can't be right, can it?

In this brawl, the discover mechanic replaces your normal draw. Any other draws (your initial 3-4 cards, effects of various spells, etc) will all draw from your deck which consists only of 2/3 Pirates.

• Options
    MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Well, I've definitely learned one thing today. I had a 3 Rogue Wins quest, and apparently I can't make a Rogue deck worth half a shit to save my life. Just don't have any of the cards that make the class work. No Preparation, no Cold Blood, no Blade Fury, no Eviscerate, no Gang Up, no SI:7, only pirates I have are a pair of Dread Corsair. I eventually managed to luck into the wins, but it was way too many games to be worth it. I think Rogue quests are going to be rerolls from now on. Blech.

No blade flurry, no prep, no rogue.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    seems like in some mystical shaman deck where you played it with neptulon or mistcaller you virtually win the game on the spot.

I highly doubt mistcaller will be in that deck even if it does come into being.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015

who are you to say what's in a deck that exists in my imagination?

it also has lots of puppies!
    MadPen wrote: »
    Well, I've definitely learned one thing today. I had a 3 Rogue Wins quest, and apparently I can't make a Rogue deck worth half a shit to save my life. Just don't have any of the cards that make the class work. No Preparation, no Cold Blood, no Blade Fury, no Eviscerate, no Gang Up, no SI:7, only pirates I have are a pair of Dread Corsair. I eventually managed to luck into the wins, but it was way too many games to be worth it. I think Rogue quests are going to be rerolls from now on. Blech.

the tempo rogue I'm playing has neither of those and neither did mr yagut's version. still can't speak to how good it is but I've gained 2 stars over about 8 games at rank 5

Variable on
  • Options

puppies are a more viable hearthstone card than mistcaller

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

puppies are a more viable hearthstone card than mistcaller

Well... yeah. I mean, Unleash the Hounds is really good.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    MadPen wrote: »

Variable wrote:
    the tempo rogue I'm playing has neither of those and neither did mr yagut's version. still can't speak to how good it is but I've gained 2 stars over about 8 games at rank 5
    Ooh. This the decklist?
    http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/mryaguts-season-17-aggro-rogue/

This looks brutal. Sad I never thought of it :)

On another note. Any dragon priest players have any thoughts on winning against control warriors? My matches always go to fatigue..Just lost against a Highlander warrior who played Reno. I'm starting to think the key might be slowing my roll until both brawls are gone. I've figured out some basic strategies, like always playing Chromaggus and then PW:S, but I still run out of cards a little before the warrior.

MadPen on
    3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • Options
    ime dragon priest is tough against control warrior and will be even harder with the deck as it's gotten more control oriented in various ways (fatigue, reno). there's just no good way to approach it. nothing is impossible in hearthstone but again imo you basically have to hope to get lucky with a good curve and no brawl. and nowadays like I said that's probably more rare, armor maiden or whatever was bad enough but something like reno? bleh

I didn't play chromaggus and against a certain style of warrior that's only going to hurt you. against the average warrior it may depending on specifics but excessive draw against warrior right now isn't good because a lot of them aim for fatigue.