Options

F*cking the Peach, and other stories.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    EDIT: Also, Synthesis, it's stained-glass, not stain-class.

No kidding? Are you sure there's a hyphen too? :winky:

It actually hadn't occurred to me, either way.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Huh, I just realised mon-keigh = monkey.

I'm going to go to the corner and feel dumb for a while.

Leitner on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I think it's interesting that the assumed hotness of Taldeer and Macha is what triggered most of the fan response. :whistle:

You never know, they could have lost a nose or ear in fighting Necrons.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »
    And now posters are acting like exactly the creepy fucks this thread denounces.

There's a difference between being able to honestly admit, "XYZ character is really pretty and maybe turns me on a little," and "I furiously masturbate to this character and cover my basement coven with her posters."

There is a whole spectrum is all.

It's never worded that nicely so it always comes off more as "I furiously masturbate to this character and cover my basement coven with her posters."

Pancake to which videogame character do you furiously masturbate.

Tell us all.

Alright, I'll put this out there. I have a thing for Tifa in her original costume. There, I said it. I don't "furiously masturbate" to her likeness, but because I first saw her art right at some sort of adolescent trigger stage, I do harbor a love for miniskirts and suspenders to this day. I don't really like her AC costume as much, but that's partly because it doesn't seem as iconic.

I'm also happily married to a woman who doesn't resemble her, nor have I ever asked her to dress up like Tifa, and we have a very happy marriage, so I'm guessing I fall on the former end of the spectrum rather than the latter.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Delzhand wrote: »

Alright, I'll put this out there. I have a thing for Tifa in her original costume. There, I said it. I don't "furiously masturbate" to her likeness, but because I first saw her art right at some sort of adolescent trigger stage, I do harbor a love for miniskirts and suspenders to this day. I don't really like her AC costume as much, but that's partly because it doesn't seem as iconic.

I'm also happily married to a woman who doesn't resemble her, nor have I ever asked her to dress up like Tifa, and we have a very happy marriage, so I'm guessing I fall on the former end of the spectrum rather than the latter.

nevertheless

men in suits will be by shortly to arrest you for being creepy enough to consider a video game female to be attractive, your apparent normalcy notwithstanding.

because we are cracking down.

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Look guys here's some good ground rules for ongoing discussion

- No you aren't fucking unique that you spanked it to Lara Croft or whoever else when you were 15
    - If you have a fetish and feel comfortable enough, discuss it, don't enact it for us
    - Don't be a dick
    - Unless it's funny
    - Think about why and less what. Why are jiggle physics 'controversial' while photorealistic blood physics aren't?

Robman on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jiggle physics aren't controversial. I've never seen anyone ever make a stink over Dead or Alive or stuff like that. It garners a few laughs from the community, a few mentions of "Oh Itagaki, you card" and that's basically it.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well we're talking about it. And it's something that has been consistently mocked by industry sages and shaman for years.

Robman on
  • Options
    ProPatriaMoriProPatriaMori Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Moreover, dismemberment is controversial. I remember a stink over the Soldier of Fortune games. I actually don't think there are many games that feature realistic violence, and I sure as hell haven't played whatever games does (which surely exists).

ProPatriaMori on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Eh, it's just in the execution. Jiggle physics would be fine if they did it even remotely realistically.

As it stands now, I can start a match with Taki in Soul Calibur and, even while standing still, her breasts are rotating in opposite directions.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Moreover, dismemberment is controversial. I remember a stink over the Soldier of Fortune games. I actually don't think there are many games that feature realistic violence, and I sure as hell haven't played whatever games does (which surely exists).

Not really, SoF was just disgusting to watch. I've heard nary a stink about dismemberment in the Unreal Tournament series for ages, nor about limb dismemberment in Halo, the chainsaw kills in GOW, etc.

Robman on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I don't think Soldier of Fortune's are that bad, personally.

I guess I can see why it might disgust some people though.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah in SOF2 you could shoot someone in the stomach with a shotgun.

Their guts spilled out, they sank to their knees trying to push them back in, and died slowly screaming in a pool of their blood.

That's the sort of stuff you want in a SWAT game, a real representation of the violence you inflicted due to your utter failure to negotiate or use overwhelming numbers and rapid breach tactics to force compliance. Not in a big run+gun shooter.

Robman on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    To be fair, that's the kind of thing you don't want in a big run and gun shooter.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »
    And now posters are acting like exactly the creepy fucks this thread denounces.

There's a difference between being able to honestly admit, "XYZ character is really pretty and maybe turns me on a little," and "I furiously masturbate to this character and cover my basement coven with her posters."

There is a whole spectrum is all.

It's never worded that nicely so it always comes off more as "I furiously masturbate to this character and cover my basement coven with her posters."

Pancake to which videogame character do you furiously masturbate.

Tell us all.

I feel the same way about wide-brimmed hats and trenchcoats thanks to Carmen Sandiego - games and TV show.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Robman wrote: »

Their guts spilled out, they sank to their knees trying to push them back in, and died slowly screaming in a pool of their blood.

That's the sort of stuff you want in a SWAT game, a real representation of the violence you inflicted due to your utter failure to negotiate or use overwhelming numbers and rapid breach tactics to force compliance. Not in a big run+gun shooter.

The military consultant John Mullins mentioned that that kind of thing was an important in detail in his mind. He wanted the violence to be disturbing, because that's what war is.

On that note:
    windowslivewritercommandandconquerredalert3pcreview-993712-2.jpg

No one said they *had* to be artificial...

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    YES

Autumn Reeser is probably the most beautiful woman in existence.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm sorry but most of them look fake. Especially Ms. Moscow, second from right.

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    She kind of looks like a Liefield drawing.

QuirkyLittleTyrant on
    PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ...But, they're real.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Also, Ms. Moscow could beat the crap out of any of us.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ...But, they're real.

Yes (though don't doubt for a second that that photo was host to Photoshop shenanigans), but they have the plasticy, airbrushed, Barbie- doll figure that looks way too far removed from real women.

Of course, I may be letting my own ideals as to what constitutes an attractive female body get in the way.

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    that poster needs more viewable uncanny valley, if you get my meaning.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Jenny McCarthy is by far the worst of the bunch IMO.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Macera wrote: »
    ...But, they're real.

Yes (though don't doubt for a second that that photo was host to Photoshop shenanigans), but they have the plasticy, airbrushed, Barbie- doll figure that looks way too far removed from real women.

Of course, I may be letting my own ideals as to what constitutes an attractive female body get in the way.

Just curious...where do you live?

I live in a relatively small town, so growing up I thought this was pretty much the case...start hanging around in bigger cities though and you will see plenty of women that have that plastic, airbrushed, Barbie doll look.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ...But, they're real.

Just curious...where do you live?

I live in a relatively small town, so growing up I thought this was pretty much the case...start hanging around in bigger cities though and you will see plenty of women that have that plastic, airbrushed, Barbie doll look.

The Pacific Northwest; a medium-sized town's college campus.

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    start hanging around in bigger cities though and you will see plenty of women that have that plastic, airbrushed, Barbie doll look.

I can vouch for this. Beverly Hills is just a couple blocks away.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Mmm, nah, don't feel like changing my preferences to match your guys', thanks.

:P

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey, I never said it was an attractive look. I personally find it off-putting.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I don't believe anyone is suggesting you do anything of the sort

Rather, they're commenting on the fact that calling them far removed from "real women" is a little weird when it's not that uncommon an appearance in the real world.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Rather, they're commenting on the fact that calling them far removed from "real women" is a little weird when it's not that uncommon an appearance in the real world.

Ah, we're misunderstood each other.

When I say "real women" I don't mean it as in what actual members of the populace look like. I mean what the human body naturally gravitates towards looking like. I suppose I should have used a different word. Natural maybe?

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    NeoElectronautNeoElectronaut __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009

The military consultant John Mullins mentioned that that kind of thing was an important in detail in his mind. He wanted the violence to be disturbing, because that's what war is.

On that note:

I really need to get around to finishing that game.

Or maybe I should say starting it. I bought the premium package or whatever it's called when it hit $10, but I never played past the tutorial.

NeoElectronaut on
    faberbanner.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009

On that note:

I really need to get around to finishing that game.

Or maybe I should say starting it. I bought the premium package or whatever it's called when it hit $10, but I never played past the tutorial.

You should. I find it far better than Tiberium Wars.

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thanks to FF7, I now have an instant hardon for any brunette in a dress.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Thanks to FF7, I now have an instant hardon for any brunette in a dress.

Never go to an upscale restaurant.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Ah, we're misunderstood each other.

When I say "real women" I don't mean it as in what actual members of the populace look like. I mean what the human body naturally gravitates towards looking like. I suppose I should have used a different word. Natural maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYfwIAWWH6M

I don't think you can find any natural women from the media though.

Peas on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Synopsis: Technology rules.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sorry I don't have time to go through all 12 pages, but did anyone bring up TVTropes yet? Because... well...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FetishFuel

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PerverseSexualLust

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Pureauthor wrote: »
    Sorry I don't have time to go through all 12 pages, but did anyone bring up TVTropes yet? Because... well...

That's cool I wasn't doing anything tonight anyways.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Pureauthor wrote: »

That's cool I wasn't doing anything tonight anyways.

There seriously needs to be a moratorium on posting TVTropes links

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
This discussion has been closed.