Options

Dead Space 2: We're stuck again on a station with necromorphs? Sucks to be them.

• Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Metallikat wrote: »
    So, I'm really liking the fact they actually put some effort into the PC version. As in it actually controls well with a keyboard and mouse.
    Also, am I the only one who's mother would love this game (if she were into videogames)? She goes to gory/violent horror movies with her friends and they laugh when somebody gets impaled/beheaded/cut in half etc. Total zombie fan as well.

My mother would probably enjoy it as well. She used to play Doom and Quake back in the day, though she just plays Wii games these days.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I only have one question so far.
    Why does Nicole Brennan look completely different?! AHHHHHHHHHHHH
    only because Isaac Clarke looks completely different! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

No, he looks the same.

his bone structure is quite a bit different than in the first game.

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    Ganluan wrote: »
    Wow I just read about Hard Core difficulty. That's an achievement for someone as mentally disturbed as Isaac Clarke.

Game length spoilers?
    I don't think it's going to be so bad - I started on Survivalist and I swapped discs at about 3:10. My completion time for my first attempt at DS1 was close to thirteen hours on normal.

Now how I feel about swapping discs so early, depends on how much more awesome they manage to cram into this thing.

Also you can play the multi using the second disc, so there's no swapping there I guess.

Szechuan on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lanz wrote: »
    Dead Space 2+Dead Space iOS connectivity question: How do I access the bonus goodies it supposedly unlocks when I register DSiOS on my EA Account?

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Awesome, I can't install because Steam's servers are too busy. What the fuck?

Oh man this is good news!

This happens every time a popular new game comes out because too many people are trying to download and install it at the same time.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Made it to chapter 3 and it's quite a ride so far.

Trying online just to see what's up.

adytum on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Green wrote: »
    If you got the rivet gun it takes the Pack out with a shot each, is great for testing "corpses", and ammo is pretty plentiful

if this is like the first game, it gives you ammo for whatever guns you're using.

Mostly, though occasionally it will toss you ammo for guns that you can purchase even if you haven't bought them.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Looks like the DR Pepper promotion has gone live for Dead Space stuffs.

I don't suppose anyone has some unused extra DR Pepper codes they can PM me?
    :p

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

What promo?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Honestly, I find it hard to be afraid of in any games that gives me powered armor, laser guns, and a flux capacitor gauntlet.

CaptainNemo on
    PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

What promo?

Looks like 3 MP armor skins, credits, and plasma ammo

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    TuroktopusTuroktopus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    On chapter 7 and:
    Started off fantastic but once you reach the top of the church of Scientology there's a pretty good amount of back tracking.

Overall it's not a bad game, hopefully it gets better.

Turoktopus on
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Okay, I am seriously starting to think that there is something wrong with my game copy. Am I seriously supposed to be in pitch black darkness the entire game? It is distracting me from the experience rather than enhancing it. I mean, I put the brightness up all the way and this is still a problem.

Tairu on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is it alright if I skip the first Dead Space and just play this sequel that came out?

Advise me, internet.

Hoz on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Question - is the flame thrower worth using this time? I so wanted to use it in DS 1, the flame effects looked awesome. But it just ended up getting me killed. The flame effects look better now, so I want to use it even more.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Chapter 2 Spoiler:
    I'm installing another set of lights in my basement laundry room.

I'll never look at a tumble dryer the same way ever again. *shudder*

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hoz wrote: »
    Is it alright if I skip the first Dead Space and just play this sequel that came out?

Advise me, internet.

There is a recap at the start of the game, but you should play Dead Space 1 just for the constant bone-crushing dread.

Warcry on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

What promo?

Ok so which DP product do I have to buy for this?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    oh and for anyone totally dense like me, yes the plasma cutter does take two AAA batteries (you'll need a screwdriver with a small head) and then makes light! green light for some reason, but light!

Well, now I feel stupid. Thought I was going to have to contact EA to find out why my CE came with a dud Plasma Cutter.

Up to Chapter 11. I don't think the game is much longer than DS1, but it's just so good that I don't really care.

See I was like "I thought this was supposed to light up! It looks like it lights up! Oh well." And then I found the screw and I was like "that looks like a battery compartment. it lights up! gleeeeeeeee!"

also you can buy the rivet gun without going to Gamestop. At least in my copy you can. I'm going to guess GS customers get an extra version of it with a minor perk.

Also anything good behind the first power node door? I accidentally spent mine just before hand.

Also apparently the plasma cutter can set things on fire now.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Spoiler question, do the chapters titles spell anything out so far?

CaptainNemo on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    As far as I know, the chapters don't have titles.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Really? A pity.

CaptainNemo on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

What promo?

Ok so which DP product do I have to buy for this?

Looks like the single serving bottles of regular and diet. So Vending Machines and Quick-e stops.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Also anything good behind the first power node door? I accidentally spent mine just before hand.

IIRC, I got a
    Ruby Semiconductor, Small Med Pack, some ammo, and an audio log
    behind that door.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hedgethorn wrote: »

IIRC, I got a
    Ruby Semiconductor, Small Med Pack, some ammo, and an audio log
    behind that door.

Just past the first door you enter to the right of that door is another power node on the ground against the left wall where the right wall explodes.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Anyone test the old cheats yet?

CaptainNemo on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jakorian wrote: »
    So any of the guns beside plasma cutter worth noting? I'm being real stingy with my credits so I'm not sure what to pick.

I'm enjoying the detonator. It works well both for taking out tough guys in one shot and taking out packs of little guys without wasting too much ammo.

Also, if you're being approached from several directions, you can use it to keep your back safe.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Line Gun is civilization.

Ein on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I want my force gun damnit

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The plasma cutter was a gift from Hephaestus. Fully upgraded, it was unstoppable. It is a beautiful animal. It is a god. It is Harry Fucking Potter.

CaptainNemo on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I think I read that the special upgrade for the plasma cutter can cause enemies to ignite when shot with it.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    If you're lying imma slice a bitch. Plasma Cutter was my go to weapon, followed by the Flame Thrower for swarms, and the Pulse Rifle for bosses.

CaptainNemo on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man, that Giant Bomb quick look was fucking amazing. It's convinced me to go out and play the first, so I can move on to the second.

Ceno on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ooh, GB has a QL up? I'm off!

CaptainNemo on
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I superman'd the whole last part of the game with statis and the Line Gun.

You can hug that plasma cutter tight all you want, but at the end of the day the Line Gun Gets Shit Done.

Ein on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Whats the timer on the Line Gun time bomb? Want to know what I'm looking at for timing when I get surrounded by The Pack.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    quasi cross posting

we're probably gonna start streaming multiplayer soon

are people interested in watching the stream (no campaign spoilers)

T4CT on
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    No one has mentioned it but the loading times for Dead Space 2 are much much better then Dead Space 1. At least on the PS3. They are now almost as fast as the PC version of Dead Space 1. Impressive job by the development team.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Sure. Livestream, ya?

CaptainNemo on
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I only have one question so far.
    Why does Nicole Brennan look completely different?! AHHHHHHHHHHHH
    only because Isaac Clarke looks completely different! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

No, he looks the same.

his bone structure is quite a bit different than in the first game.

First Game:
    1212598-0face_super.jpg

Second:
    1289393786-Dead-Space-2-face_.jpg

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)