Options

Dead Space 2: We're stuck again on a station with necromorphs? Sucks to be them.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So are everyone's lithographs the same - the slasher transformation at the beginning of the game?

Also if you have the CE be sure to pull the inner sleeve out - it has wraparound artwork and a fold-out cover with a section about the plasma cutter on it.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Tairu wrote: »
    Is the game too dark for anyone else? I feel like it shouldn't be this dark. It isn't fun not seeing where i'm going/not being able to shoot at anything.

Survival horror is meant to be dark!

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Has anyone played with Move yet? I'm debating move or controller, might do one playthrough of each

deveric on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cantido wrote: »
    I thought Necromorphs could only form out of dead tissue! What was up with that first scary part? Just an excuse to look awesome I guess. [/nerdrage]

This also happens in Dead Space: Martyr so there is a bit of precedent

Green on
  • Options
    ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I supposedly got release day delivery from Amazon, but I keep checking the tracking and it says the game is in Pennsylvania and I live in Colorado. And I saw the UPS truck go by my place and it had nothing for me. I think I'm going to end up being disappointed and not playing this tonight even though I've been psyching myself up all day for it.

Shaggy on
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This game is pitch perfect so far.

But oh god the space flashlight, fuck youuuuuu Visceral Games.

adytum on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    deveric wrote: »
    Has anyone played with Move yet? I'm debating move or controller, might do one playthrough of each

Let me know how it goes, I finally ordered one along side my copy of DS2 today.

Also mega props to iMatt, classy gentleman exist outside of the SS and steam threads as he ihas offered me a deadspace ignition code after my deadbeat seller didn't give me one :D

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    oh and for anyone totally dense like me, yes the plasma cutter does take two AAA batteries (you'll need a screwdriver with a small head) and then makes light! green light for some reason, but light!

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I am pleased to report that even on the highest difficulty you can successfully punch the faces off of necromorphs.

adytum on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    God this game is fun.. I missed Dead Space dearly. Can be scary at times, not Amnesia level scary, but still awesome.

parabola on
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ok I know i'm not the only one who swung at those balloons.

POP

deveric on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    deveric wrote: »
    ok I know i'm not the only one who swung at those balloons.

POP

I didn't

(I shot them full of rivets)

Green on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Shaggy wrote: »
    I supposedly got release day delivery from Amazon, but I keep checking the tracking and it says the game is in Pennsylvania and I live in Colorado. And I saw the UPS truck go by my place and it had nothing for me. I think I'm going to end up being disappointed and not playing this tonight even though I've been psyching myself up all day for it.

If you don't get it release date Amazon gives you a partial refund.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    There's a toy you can pick up and shoot with kinesis and it squeaks when it hits things.

<3

adytum on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I kind of want to go out and get this but I never actually beat the first game. I just watched Helloween's LP.

*sigh* It's not the same.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Shaggy wrote: »

If you don't get it release date Amazon gives you a partial refund.

There seems to be a screw-up by UPS, I ordered a copy for a family member as a gift and it won't be delivered until tomorrow. Same deal--stuck in PA.

DarkPrimus, if you have an easy link about the "partial refund" policy from Amazon, that would be nice.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    DarkPrimus, if you have an easy link about the "partial refund" policy from Amazon, that would be nice.
    In the event of a missed delivery, we will refund the shipping charge. Note: this does not apply if delivery is attempted, but no one is available to accept the package.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_cn?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200180350

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So any of the guns beside plasma cutter worth noting? I'm being real stingy with my credits so I'm not sure what to pick.

Jakorian on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    If you got the rivet gun it takes the Pack out with a shot each, is great for testing "corpses", and ammo is pretty plentiful

Green on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Title needs to says Dead Space 2: EA requires Online Dismembership Account

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Green wrote: »
    If you got the rivet gun it takes the Pack out with a shot each, is great for testing "corpses", and ammo is pretty plentiful

if this is like the first game, it gives you ammo for whatever guns you're using.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    oh and for anyone totally dense like me, yes the plasma cutter does take two AAA batteries (you'll need a screwdriver with a small head) and then makes light! green light for some reason, but light!

Well, now I feel stupid. Thought I was going to have to contact EA to find out why my CE came with a dud Plasma Cutter.

Up to Chapter 11. I don't think the game is much longer than DS1, but it's just so good that I don't really care.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man, I want a Rivet Gun etc. why does Europe always get shafted with this (no preorder bonuses ever, no contest bonuses, nothing)

Edit: I'm even 99% sure all that crap is on the disc anyway.

Edit2: Did anyone try any of these DLC weapon packs ? Is it just the standard +damage crap that EA likes to nickel and dime you for ?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

if this is like the first game, it gives you ammo for whatever guns you're using.

I mean in that the ammo drops are 10 rounds each, whereas the cutter gets you 6 and line racks/javelins are like 2

Green on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    2 questions.

1. Is there supposed to be a slip in the game for online? I haven't put the game in the system yet, but I opened the box and there is no code slip inside for online, but the box says online pass required.

2. GameStop was having all these commercials talking about exclusive rivet guns, was it just an exclusive paint job, or is there an entire gun that non-GS purchasers can't use?

P.S. About the conversation above, 99c refund is a pretty weak compensation for a game not being delivered on time, considering it might be as much as a few days before you get it.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    There is a slip inside with a serial number, Spaniard.

adytum on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dead Space 2+Dead Space iOS connectivity question: How do I access the bonus goodies it supposedly unlocks when I register DSiOS on my EA Account?

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I only have one question so far.
    Why does Nicole Brennan look completely different?! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    2. GameStop was having all these commercials talking about exclusive rivet guns, was it just an exclusive paint job, or is there an entire gun that non-GS purchasers can't use?

It's an actual gun, though I'm certain it'll eventually be paid DLC

Green on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    only because Isaac Clarke looks completely different! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

*sigh* What kind of fun are we being gypped on?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The first 5 minutes are golden, hahaha. I love it.

Artereis on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    do i have to buy the rivet gun if i entered the code? i guess so eh.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Awesome, I can't install because Steam's servers are too busy. What the fuck?

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So, I'm really liking the fact they actually put some effort into the PC version. As in it actually controls well with a keyboard and mouse.
    Also, am I the only one who's mother would love this game (if she were into videogames)? She goes to gory/violent horror movies with her friends and they laugh when somebody gets impaled/beheaded/cut in half etc. Total zombie fan as well.

Metallikat on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

it's some kind of rapid-fire nail gun. i'd like to use it, except now it's got gamestop's filthy fingerprints and stink on it, so now even if it's free i won't touch it.

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    edited January 2011

It's pretty underpowered when compared to the other guns and having only 1 aiming dot makes it hard to pinpoint limbs, but it does have its uses as I described above

It's also got a bit of knockback/stun, and supposedly the alt-fire can imaple enemies but I haven't tried it yet

Green on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So basically they took the weakest most throw away gun in the game and just gave it to GS as an exclusive to get them off their back about having something only GS customers could have?

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    only because Isaac Clarke looks completely different! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

No, he looks the same.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So basically they took the weakest most throw away gun in the game and just gave it to GS as an exclusive to get them off their back about having something only GS customers could have?

There are guns besides the plasma cutter? The plasma cutter: the cause of and solution to all of life's problems.

Metallikat on