Options

Dead Space 2: We're stuck again on a station with necromorphs? Sucks to be them.

• Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    How long before someone makes the Isaac Clarke "I'm an engineer, I can fix that" rap song? If no one else does it I will.

And I'm on Chapter 8, survivalist gets more brutal as I get further into the game. Zealot must be a real bitch.

About the time you get to
    Clever Girl

Zealot just throws away the lube and goes to town

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    How long before someone makes the Isaac Clarke "I'm an engineer, I can fix that" rap song? If no one else does it I will.

And I'm on Chapter 8, survivalist gets more brutal as I get further into the game. Zealot must be a real bitch.

About the time you get to
    Clever Girl

Zealot just throws away the lube and goes to town

this

Zealot is peaches and fucking gravy until this point

T4CT on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The grin Issac has when he gets his first rig suit on is so awesome. I was like "FUCK YEAH ITS GO TIME BITCHES!"

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well I was happy when

Chapter 5ish
    Kendra 2.0 got what she fucked deserved. Dead Space is still good at letting people get what they have coming.

And also this.
    adytum wrote: »
    Oh god the temple (chapter 4?)
    motherfucking undead velociraptors all up in my grill

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So uh Chapter 5... the "puzzle"
    I feel like such a noob at the anti-grav generator... i can get 2 5 4 1 done ... the next is obviously thingie 3 and thingie 6 (the only two thingies left) but whenever i grab them it just resets. I have to be doing something wrong.

parabola on
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Stasis my child, stasis is the answer.

It solves all issues, from hordes of the Pack swarming you, to undead velociraptors charging, to giant spinny things whirling.

All are equal beneath the cold unflinching gaze of Stasis

P.S. But seriously. It recharges. Use it.... a lot

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Stasis my child, stasis is the answer.

It solves all issues, from hordes of the Pack swarming you, to undead velociraptors charging, to giant spinny things whirling.

All are equal beneath the cold unflinching gaze of Stasis

P.S. But seriously. It recharges. Use it.... a lot

Oh yeah... Stasis....

Fuck.

parabola on
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    In multiplayer, it's pretty much the only way to kill the Pack. Just shoot your feet with Stasis, back up and blow its legs off.

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Finally got Steam to download this and played a bit. Still just as nerve-wracking as the first game, which makes me a happy panda.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fuuuuuck this game just gets better and better

Chapter 10
    Getting to go back onto the Ishimura is unnerving as FUCK

I love that there's absolutely no enemies in the beginning section, just the logs of some guy restoring it getting freaked out by the ambient noise

I didn't intend to but it looks like I'm doing my entire first run with just the cutter and rivet gun, and those two are a surprisingly good combo

The rivet gun's alt-fire fires 5 bolts at once in every direction and they RICOCHET EVERYWHERE. If you're in an enclosed hallway it's almost a guaranteed one-hit kill on anything.

Green on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So are we missing any new weapons?

Seeker gun
    Mine launcher
    Javelin
    Rivet Gun (GS bonus)

and the rest are alterations of the last game's kit?

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    Also quite like the detonator. It's like the trap nails in Bioshock 2 but with a hell of a kick. And the contact grenade properties aren't bad either.

I love the detonator for the Stalkers. As soon as I hear them coming, I just walk into a corner, plop a few mines around me, and watch the bastards run right into them. So damn satisfying watching them get blasted away.

Beat the game on Normal, now going through on Survivalist to get some more weapons maxed out before tackling Zealot. Hard Core can wait until I'm feeling crazy.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Beezel wrote: »
    So are we missing any new weapons?

Seeker gun
    Mine launcher
    Javelin
    Rivet Gun (GS bonus)

and the rest are alterations of the last game's kit?

If you purchase the Super Nova pack you get a rivet gun with modifiers on it so you can get all the weapons.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    Hank_ScorpioHank_Scorpio Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Woo finally got the advanced suit, now time for bed.

deadspace2.jpg?t=1296038749

Hank_Scorpio on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    A few questions, I could just be out of my mind, but I seem to remember hearing that the Special Edition would come with some kind of Dead Space 2 system theme. Did I miss hear?

Earlier in the thread, I heard somebody mention that they found their first node and wanted to know if it was worth spending on the first node door. I've found 4 nodes and I just made it to the first store kiosk. Did I miss something, or is it after that?

So, I'm at the first store kiosk and I have access to the default mining gear, a Zealot suit, and a Zealot force gun. Exactly how much of the progress am I skipping if I decide to go with the Zealot suit? I like to earn and unlock things, and if I'm skipping half the game's slow progression upgrades, it kinda takes some of the fun out seeing my gear get better piece by piece. So what should I do with this suit?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    use it on subsequent playthroughs. I skipped it when I got to that part because I wanted to do it legit. I took that force gun however. Oh yes.

Beezel on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is the advance suit something you get early on, or more towards the end of the game?

Also, how quick can you get the security rig?

Karl on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    parabola wrote: »
    I love how epic it is when you get your engineering suit. I felt badass.

yeah it was definitely a "Back in business, baby!" moment after spending half the chapter
    running around in your underwear

smug isaac is best isaac.
    4301deadspace2-2011-01-25-23-43-02-76.png

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    holy shit that is a smug ass motherfucker

Beezel on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thats cause he knows shits about to be wrecked. And he's fairly confident he'll be doing the wrecking.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    parabola wrote: »
    I love how epic it is when you get your engineering suit. I felt badass.

yeah it was definitely a "Back in business, baby!" moment after spending half the chapter
    running around in your underwear

smug isaac is best isaac.
    4301deadspace2-2011-01-25-23-43-02-76.png

Oh yeah. Shit's about to get engineered with extreme prejudice.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    A few questions, I could just be out of my mind, but I seem to remember hearing that the Special Edition would come with some kind of Dead Space 2 system theme. Did I miss hear?

Earlier in the thread, I heard somebody mention that they found their first node and wanted to know if it was worth spending on the first node door. I've found 4 nodes and I just made it to the first store kiosk. Did I miss something, or is it after that?

So, I'm at the first store kiosk and I have access to the default mining gear, a Zealot suit, and a Zealot force gun. Exactly how much of the progress am I skipping if I decide to go with the Zealot suit? I like to earn and unlock things, and if I'm skipping half the game's slow progression upgrades, it kinda takes some of the fun out seeing my gear get better piece by piece. So what should I do with this suit?

I put on my zeilot suit at the first chance i got...While its nice, im as far as the beginning of chapter 7 and ive found scematics for the security suit that is pretty close to it. I've still only got 15 inventory slots and it looks like 25 is the max, so the zeilot suit isnt the 'best'. its not going to hurt to use it. Honestly the thing i found pretty OP is the zeliot force gun. it turns packs into mush. just find a corner to back into and ga-dush!

Also...up through chapter 6 spoilers:
    Elementary school was friggin creepy. When i first entered i saw some ammo on the left and went over, then saw the 'baby' crawl across the hallway through the grates...then i said 'ohhhh fuck'. Then i saw the 'mommy'

Can't wait to continue after work.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So how fucked up is this visually? Like, does it feature even more gross stuff than DS1?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Klyka wrote: »
    So how fucked up is this visually? Like, does it feature even more gross stuff than DS1?

I have mental hang ups with evil demonic children so The Pack and Crawlers are rather creepy to me. And Isaac's mental problems can be startling. Its really the ambient sound though that are really fucked up. Its not until you reach a truely silent area of the sprawl do you realize how much shit was getting fucked up in the early chapters. When everything is nothing but bedlam and blood.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    gross is a subjective term. What about DS1 really grossed you out?

Many of the old types of enemies (if not all) are back, and so far, there have been a few specifically gross-out moments.

The Creep factor is high tho.
    Walking through an apartment complex, you hear people behind doors either dying, crying, threatening you to get the hell away... One door i passed by had a crying baby in it. you know..just know that the babies parents are probably dead already and that babies by itself but nothing you can do about it.

azith28 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Well, I was never grossed out by DS1 I just hoped they'd put really gross stuff into DS2.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i have to say i've got mixed feelings about the leaper revision

they went from mildly annoying enemies in DS1 to holyshitFAST monstrosities in DS2

they're waaay faster than stalkers. stalkers are fun to fight. a lot of fun. leapers are just shit damn annoying. their aerial leap/scratch attack doesn't do much damage, but you barely get time to draw a bead on em before they're all up in your face.

it seems the devs definitely wanted more contact between isaac and the necromorphs to show off the improved melee.

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Picking this up tomorrow for 360. :D There a 360 tag for this game?

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Catalase wrote: »
    Picking this up tomorrow for 360. :D There a 360 tag for this game?

Somebody is going to have to jump on this grenade at some point. It unfortunately cannot be me. Keep me apprised though so I can add it to the OP.

Ultimanecat on
    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh, add azith28 to the PS3 tag please. I wont get to MP for a few days but will definately be trying it .

azith28 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    DS2 is to DS1 as ME2 is to ME1

the first games always have more of a sense of wonder and general unpolished charm

the second games are undeniably slicker, with massively improved combat elements. every single area is carefully designed and created, yet overall you feel you have a little less freedom than before.

i'll tell you what's bugged me so far when comparing DS1 to DS2: wildly inconsistent store availability. combine that with a general lack of backtracking to a central hub for the level, and you're often stuck with some gold semiconductor or schematic for who knows how long.

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    chapter six
    fuck when the exploding baby hugs the woman and then kills her

that is the most disturbing thing i have ever seen.

T4CT on
  • Options
    SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well, I was never grossed out by DS1 I just hoped they'd put really gross stuff into DS2.

There's one section near the beginning of the game
    where you hear thumping and banging and an infant crying and assume it's coming from one of the apartments. Then you round the corner and realize it's a child in a clothes dryer.

The dryer is on. All you hear is the irregular thumping like a shoe in a dryer and the crying.

Later on (non-specific spoiler Like "If you have a fear of poo, there are poo monsters but I'm not saying where.")
    If you have a serious phobia/freakout over anything messing with your eyes, don't play DS2.
    Specific:
    ...there are a couple scenes scattered around the game. One is on the first disc during a dementia scene and there's another near the end somewhere. I haven't beaten it yet so I haven't spoiled myself on where it is.

Szechuan on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The only phobia I have is a phobia of earthworms.

So as long as this doesn't have earthworms, I think I am ok :D

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What about Earthworm Jim?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited January 2011

He's a cartoon and hardly realistic.

He also has a FACE.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

He also has a FACE.

If I was afraid of earthworms, I'm pretty sure one with a face would be substantially more frightening. But I suppose that's just me.

on topic: wasn't going to get this game day 1 but broke down because of how much I loved the first one. glad I did.

twmjr on
  • Options
    UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Alright guys, I just bought Dead Space for the iPhone since DS2 isn't available down here is Ausistan yet.

Seriously, get this game. It's only $7 and is 95% the exact same Dead Space experience we all know and love. The gameplay has not been watered down a bit. It also looks amazing and has a full score and voice acting as well.

It's actually an independent story that seems to lead into things going wrong on the Sprawl.

I almost feel like I ripped EA off on this one - makes the price hike for the PC version a bit less of a bitter pill to swallow.

Ultimanecat on
    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    twmjr wrote: »

He also has a FACE.

If I was afraid of earthworms, I'm pretty sure one with a face would be substantially more frightening. But I suppose that's just me.

Phobias don't really work that way. I have a terrible spider phobia but it has to be an actual spider. Show me some fake, fang-crammed, venom dripping cartoon spider and the phobia won't kick in at all.

So DS2: What's all the DLC I saw up on Live yesterday? Is it just a bunch of suits again?

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Alright guys, I just bought Dead Space for the iPhone since DS2 isn't available down here is Ausistan yet.

Seriously, get this game. It's only $7 and is 95% the exact same Dead Space experience we all know and love. The gameplay has not been watered down a bit. It also looks amazing and has a full score and voice acting as well.

It's actually an independent story that seems to lead into things going wrong on the Sprawl.

I almost feel like I ripped EA off on this one - makes the price hike for the PC version a bit less of a bitter pill to swallow.

When you have completed it, can you summarise the plot?

Karl on