As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND: Old thread. Go to the new thread.

• Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd like to have Mother Superior, or maybe a real Ten Speed... hell I'd kill for a EC4: The Road & The Damned, not enough rock ballads in the DLC section

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    They have some pretty good songs. I just listened to their entire discography over the course of 2 days (before that all I'd heard was the 4 songs in Rock Band), and they have quite of bit of reasonably good stuff.

And tons of sweet guitar parts obviously. If Welcome Home is any indication, they'd be very fun to play.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Shady... What you did there: I see it.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    They have some pretty good songs. I just listened to their entire discography over the course of 2 days (before that all I'd heard was the 4 songs in Rock Band), and they have quite of bit of reasonably good stuff.

And tons of sweet guitar parts obviously. If Welcome Home is any indication, they'd be very fun to play.

Welcome Home was one of my favorites pre-rock band, but when it came out and everyone got a hard-on over it, it quickly became the most 'oh my god, not this song again' song in online play. :\

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hillean, I like you

You're a cool guy

"Devil in Jersey City" or "Three Evils (Embodied in Love and Shadow)" please, for more C&C

Also, I felt remiss today on the whole Christian band thing; I'm actually a fan of Sixpence None the Richer

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hillean, I like you

You're a cool guy

"Devil in Jersey City" or "Three Evils (Embodied in Love and Shadow)" please, for more C&C

Also, I felt remiss today on the whole Christian band thing; I'm actually a fan of Sixpence None the Richer

:^:

Devil reminds me a lot of their original band; good times.

Both would be hella fun to play as a band, especially drums in Three Evils

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hillean, I like you

You're a cool guy

Oh man, Sixpence is good stuff. I'd love to have some in Rock Band

As long as it's not "Kiss Me."

symbolsor on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Is it sad I still check the RBN daily, hoping someone uploads a few Something Corporate songs?

and yes, I would totally buy a 5th piano-style controller

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hillean wrote: »

Welcome Home was one of my favorites pre-rock band, but when it came out and everyone got a hard-on over it, it quickly became the most 'oh my god, not this song again' song in online play. :\

Any of the available Coheed & Cambria DLC songs are more fun than Welcome Home.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Hillean wrote: »

Any of the available Coheed & Cambria DLC songs are more fun than Welcome Home.

I saw Coheed and Cambria live last week. Some things of note:

- They sold full on Rock Band skins for $15. A guitar skin, and a bass drum. I didn't get them, but it was funny to see them on display at the merch booth. They also had GH3 style skins seperate from the pack, if that was your guitar of choice.

- Im apparently old now. I spent the vast majority of the night being SO FUCKING ANGRY that EVERY SINGLE PERSON at concerts now spends the ENTIRE night with thier cellphone in the air taping the entire concert. It was so. fucking. annoying.

- It was kind of annoying that on a tour where it was only a week, and a small venue warm up for the new album, full-headliner tour, the crowd chanted "Welcome Home" between like every song. They're going to do Welcome Home. Trust me. Just wait. They're playing new songs and a TON of old songs first.

- Welcome Home was fucking astounding. Just incase anyone wasn't aware, the guitar solo is actually a little duel between the 2 guitarists. Well, the lead singer/guitarist played his parts behind his head. Then WITH HIS TEETH. Epic.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Doughnut song is confirmed for RBN via Stepto's Twitter feed.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That is so bought.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm just hoping RBN means we'll FINALLY get us some Primus.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I would kill for some Radio Bye Bye.

Mr Obersmith on
    Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
  • Options
    toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I would kill for some Radio Bye Bye.

That would be tons of fun. Here We Are Juggernaught would be awesome as well. I can't stop listening to that single ><

toolbert on
  • Options
    Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I still haven't heard the new album, but Claudio will be doing a solo performance at a record store nearby on the release date.

Mr Obersmith on
    Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Anyone here want to share their hidden gems they found through the Rock Band Network? I already picked up Sissyfuss from here, so I am throwing forward

[vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmMLr2z3CsA]The Heist by DnA's Evolution[/vidurl]

Awesome on drums, awesome sounding and only 80 points to boot!

That one's on my list.

This just released today for $1. It sounds decent enough (the video has too much bass, however) but the drums look to be the 'primary' instrument of interest. As a guitarist, it made my list.

Home by Fear Without Reason

Also, here are the recent list of songs for RBN officially available in-game. All songs are $1. (Example links included where available. * denotes 'in-game' chart.)
    song title - band name

[vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGMKjZUhRHM]Where the Light Was Born (Thule Ultima A Sole Nomen Habens)[/vidurl] - Bornholm
    [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyvAc9Q5pAU]Sending Signals[/vidurl] - Evergreen Terrace
    [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m5OuD09Na4]Where We're Goin[/vidurl] - The Japanese Frog* (No Vocals.)
    [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzNxX4BkAJI]Rearview Mirror[/vidurl] - Zack Wilson* (Link to short chart preview only.)
    [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9CPZdBD6V4]Home[/vidurl] - Fear Without Reason*

And yes, that long song name is some kind of pretentious pseudo-Dream Theater song. Featuring Cookie Monster!

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    A Hungarian metal band featuring guys named "Astaroth" and "Melkor" named after a Danish island, with a song about a mythical island... I.... good on them.

Picked up half-price LEGO Rock Band. That story mode is just way too long for the amount of content on offer. And Kung Fu Fighting on guitar can go take a long walk off a short pier. That is all.
    Final Countdown is awesome.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    symbolsor wrote: »
    Hillean, I like you

You're a cool guy

Sixpence is quality (although admittedly all I've listened to is their Best Of). Tons of great songs. Obviously any pack would have Kiss Me, but I'd love to see a bunch of them in the game.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    symbolsor wrote: »
    Hillean, I like you

You're a cool guy

Sixpence is quality (although admittedly all I've listened to is their Best Of). Tons of great songs. Obviously any pack would have Kiss Me, but I'd love to see a bunch of them in the game.

Kiss Me would definately be in a 3-pack, I could see that.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So whos gonna be the first to move their Rock Band DLC library over to a 16GB USB drive and tell me how well that works? Eh!?

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Okay, I haven't posted in a while since I've been busy as shit with school, BUT: CAG just informed me that the Rock Band stage kit is now a cool $20 instore at GameStop, if you can still find them. I might just have to spring on this if I can get one.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    mxmarks wrote: »
    So whos gonna be the first to move their Rock Band DLC library over to a 16GB USB drive and tell me how well that works? Eh!?

I think I have more than 16 gigs of RB stuff now...

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I still haven't heard the new album, but Claudio will be doing a solo performance at a record store nearby on the release date.

I'm being a good boy and waiting for my pre-order to show up next week, but the two songs they have released have been very prog-rocky. The Broken took me sometime to get used to, but after a couple of listens it sounds awesome. Chris Pennie's drum work is pretty awesome. Here We Are Juggernaught caught me right away with its chorus. I just hope the rest of the album lives up to the potential of these two songs.

toolbert on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    toolbert wrote: »

I'm being a good boy and waiting for my pre-order to show up next week, but the two songs they have released have been very prog-rocky. The Broken took me sometime to get used to, but after a couple of listens it sounds awesome. Chris Pennie's drum work is pretty awesome. Here We Are Juggernaught caught me right away with its chorus. I just hope the rest of the album lives up to the potential of these two songs.

It pretty much does. If you liked those 2, youll like the album. I personally don't like it as much as the previous 2, as I think it's much more straight forward rock/metal than anything they've done. Not as much solo/arpeggio stuff and much more straight chord progressions.

That said it's still a great album.

mxmarks on
  • Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    mxmarks wrote: »
    toolbert wrote: »

It pretty much does. If you liked those 2, youll like the album. I personally don't like it as much as the previous 2, as I think it's much more straight forward rock/metal than anything they've done. Not as much solo/arpeggio stuff and much more straight chord progressions.

That said it's still a great album.

I wouldn't mind a pack or the whole new album from them to Rock Band.

My favorite from the album is the slow one: Pearl of the Stars.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF9ZhUnNXxw

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    For once I'm glad I'm at work where they block youtube. I have been so damned tempted lately, but I want to wait for my cd...and book >.>;.

toolbert on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, I'm saving it myself

I haven't even heard "Here We Are Juggernaut" yet

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm going for the cheap CD-version myself. I was considering the book version, but 40 euro ($54) postal charges are bit too much for me.

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So, apparently there is a Battle of the Bands that says something about a new Flyleaf song. Which isn't actually there.
    Flyleaf Battle

START DATE: 4/6/2010 / DURATION: <1 WEEK

Love Flyleaf? Show your devotion with this battle, featuring the latest DLC tracks from Flyleaf: "Again."

Apparently, something is also mentioned in the MotD. Cue a certain amount of wangst. Henry steps in:
    HMXHenry wrote:
    The situation with the Flyleaf song isn't a joke. Sorry for the confusion. As some folks have mentioned, we prop Battles and the Messages of the Day a few weeks in advance and when something happens at the last minute we're not always able to put the brakes on everything all at once. So some last minute shuffling with the Flyleaf single resulted in it being moved from the planned 4/6 release date. It's still on the schedule though, so please sit tight and we'll have more info on the proper release date. Thanks for understanding, sorry again for the confusion.

So I guess we know for sure there will be at least one Flyleaf song eventually.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So are there charts for today's DLC yet?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So the Fender Wireless Precision Bass happens to be $50 at Gamestop. My local store had two of them left. And one Stage Kit for $20.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    edited April 2010

A brief search on You Tube revealed some. But there's nothing organised on the Forums.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

A brief search on You Tube revealed some. But there's nothing organised on the Forums.

Man, S!ckh3lqk;n4p98ysrgna is slacking off.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Man, S!ckh3lqk;n4p98ysrgna is slacking off.

Dogmatic(numbersgohere) had one that I saw. He usually does guitar and drums. That Anberlin song had a drum chart.

Silly humour aside, the fact is that those who might normally post chart videos are either becoming more picky about their choices (corporalgregg outright said he didn't like the X songs) or increasingly busy. There's still a bunch of RBN songs I've yet to see any videos for. Only Rock Band 3 is likely to revive any significant interest in the chart videos.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Knee-jerk reactions aside I'm amazed that people put that much time, money and effort into doing that week after week for (relatively) little payoff for so long.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Knee-jerk reactions aside I'm amazed that people put that much time, money and effort into doing that week after week for (relatively) little payoff for so long.

All it takes is a handful of people donating maybe a dollar a week to cover costs. $2 a song (roughly) isnt bad, unless you buy every single song, every single week.

That and you'd have filled quite a bit of a 120g hard drive by this point with just songs.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    There are always tons for popular songs like the Megadeth album and Jimi Hendrix and stuff, but for what are probably (I don't know I haven't looked at them) strummy Christian rock songs? Not a lot of interest there.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Npean had people donate him money to put out his weekly DLC videos.

Arikado on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I find it more amazing that people will pay for other people to buy DLC just so they can watch a video of them play it. Most Rock Band related youtube videos don't get that many views (a few thousand) and almost all of those are from the people like us who are really into the game.

quovadis13 on