Options

[Mass Effect]: You've Just Been Tali'd!

• Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Knorre wrote: »
    So i started playing this game yesterday.

I didn't stop playing for 7 hours straight.

This takes me back...

Also can't decide whether to start a whole new Insanity Vanguard for Kasumi, grabbing her ASAP so I can keep her in my team forever to see all her interjections, or carry on with my Insanity Soldier and pick her up just after Horizon. Eventually I'll do all my characters again with Kasumi there as my "canonical" runs, I just can't decide whether to kick-start that now or finish the Soldier run. :(

Dunxco on
  • Options
    KnorreKnorre Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Also, i accidentally forgot to choose my class, so i started as soldier... For a moment i thought OMG WTF I GOTTA GO CHANGE but then i saw all the cool weapons n stuff, and i smiled (:

I think my next run (if it will ever come) will be as an Adept.

Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    When does DLC usually go live?

It was set for the 6th right?

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Kelor wrote: »
    When does DLC usually go live?

It was set for the 6th right?

6th is correct, yes.

Firewalker I remember came up sometime between 2 and 4pm GMT. Currently it's 12:40pm here, so I expect Kasumi to pop up within the next four hours.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    enough time to watch bad television and then dress up my shep like bond!

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    PilgrimPilgrim Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ugh, why is picking a class so hard? I kind of want to play an Adept but that seems awfully squishy for Insanity so I'm thinking I should go Infiltrator or Soldier but they have so few abilities...

Pilgrim on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Pilgrim wrote: »
    Ugh, why is picking a class so hard? I kind of want to play an Adept but that seems awfully squishy for Insanity so I'm thinking I should go Infiltrator or Soldier but they have so few abilities...

How to play an Adept on Insanity:

Pick Thane and Miranda as squadmates. Spam Singularity. Keep constant Singularity explosions because you'll always have a Warp at the ready.

(Honestly, Adept Insanity was one of my easier Insanity runs by far. Not as easy as Soldier, but about as easy as Infiltrator).

Dunxco on
  • Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I finished my second run of ME1 yesterday on Hardcore and started my Insanity run in ME2 with the same character (a Renegade female Sentinel). I thought it was funny that the reanimation process got rid of the scar my femshep had under her eye but added loads more.

I thought I'd be done with ME1 in under 20 hours but it took me 26 instead. I made the mistake of making this run both the one where I got Wrex's ally achievement and the one where Wrex dies. This meant I had to practically every side quest before Virimire so I could get the achievement. This didn't seem like such a bad idea when I started the run - I thought I could avoid the collection quests, but it still involved a lot of tedious Mako driving and seeing a lot of the same 4 rooms. I even managed to complete two of the collection quests (Asari writing and Prothean disks) by just scanning planets and picking up one or two from the surfaces if I drove over an anomaly on the way to the main objective. I won't be making that mistake again if I do an Insanity run.

Cullen on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It has been a long time since I've beaten a game and then dived into it straight away for me. Mass Effect 2 hooked me for two playthroughs and I'm going to go for a third with this new Kasumi pack.

I've done Soldier and Sentinel thus far.

What would be a fun third class to try out? Soldier was okay but bland.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It has been a long time since I've beaten a game and then dived into it straight away for me. Mass Effect 2 hooked me for two playthroughs and I'm going to go for a third with this new Kasumi pack.

Vanguard. Although really you should experience each one once. Infiltrators are also quite fun if you're a "BOOM! Headshot!" kind of person.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    vanguard

more like bestguard

Elendil on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My mistake was going for Vanguard first because now all the other classes seem so bland in comparison.

And by mistake I mean biotic charge fuck yeah.

reVerse on
  • Options
    The Fourth EstateThe Fourth Estate Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Third? Ha! Try 4 and a half.

Having played with all the classes except engineer, I would say adept. The half is from my abandoned Sentinel run, which I did after my adept run. Sentinel just wasn't that much fun in comparison.

Playing as a Vanguard is like pulling teeth. I would wish it on no-one.

The Fourth Estate on
  • Options
    mister tuxedomister tuxedo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Third? Ha! Try 4 and a half.

Having played with all the classes except engineer, I would say adept. The half is from my abandoned Sentinel run, which I did after my adept run. Sentinel just wasn't that much fun in comparison.

Playing as a Vanguard is like pulling teeth. I would wish it on no-one.
    ah yes, vanguard on insanity... it evolves to the surgical extraction of your entire jaw minus the novocane.

mister tuxedo on
    Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment/ PO Box 20068/ 104 60 Stockholm/ Sweden
    Send them a Pair of Running Shoes. Used or Otherwise. Or a letter, but let's not be formulaic. Send them a picture of trainers, too. Or a painting. Or money. Whatever.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Playing as a Vanguard is brutal until you can get Heavy Charge. As such, it's not suprising to see people drop off of their Vanguards prior to getting it, because charging headlong into combat without a shield replenishment is suicidal. Getting Heavy Charge as quickly as possible will help getting through the first few missions (Mordin/Garrus recruitment, which are still balls-to-the-wall hard as a Vanguard).

Really though, it's such an interesting class with regards to combat. If you do make a Vanguard, good bonus powers are naturally Reave and Warp Ammo. I prefer Warp Ammo, but Reave's an awesome choice for it.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i got heavy charge

AND STILL MORDIN'S RECRUITMENT KICKED MY ASS

also warp ammo doesn't seem to help that much, i'm thinking of putting more points into incendiary atm but then shotty to the face is pree awesome regardless of loadout. i'm still oneshotting vorcha at point blank range.

i miss my infiltrator's CQC skills - cloak, move up, MELEE THWACK for double damage, cloak

i played him as a ninja

but vanguard is pretty sweet. how do i get the recharge down? does the passive skill help all that much?

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    the passive skill for the vanguard is nearly as essential as Heavy Charge

the cooldown reduction means you can fire off your charges more often, which is the difference between life and death

Edit: I'd definitely take Reave over Warp Ammo; Incendiary is probably one of the best all-around ammo choices anyway

Elendil on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Vanguards don't need warp ammo, they have incendiary.

Just get Reave.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    the passive skill for the vanguard is nearly as essential as Heavy Charge

the cooldown reduction means you can fire off your charges more often, which is the difference between life and death

Edit: I'd definitely take Reave over Warp Ammo; Incendiary is probably one of the best all-around ammo choices anyway

Though to be honest this advice applies to most classes. Evolve for health/cooldown, obviously.

The Fourth Estate on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i got heavy charge

AND STILL MORDIN'S RECRUITMENT KICKED MY ASS

also warp ammo doesn't seem to help that much, i'm thinking of putting more points into incendiary atm but then shotty to the face is pree awesome regardless of loadout. i'm still oneshotting vorcha at point blank range.

i miss my infiltrator's CQC skills - cloak, move up, MELEE THWACK for double damage, cloak

i played him as a ninja

but vanguard is pretty sweet. how do i get the recharge down? does the passive skill help all that much?

I hate ninjas.

*ahem*

Warp Ammo is alright because at the end of the day you can just leave it on and forget about it, while having a somewhat modest upgrade to your weapon damage, and keep your cooldown clear for more Charge usage. Getting the most out of Reave is really down to using it as a good opener and finding a good spot to use it without getting blown to bits because your Charge was on cooldown or there wasn't much in the way of cover nearby.

Evolving your class power into Champion knocks nearly a second off of Charge's recharge time, while evolving it to Nemesis is closer to half a second. Then there's the Smart Amplifier biotic upgrade which knocks 20% off of the cooldown (I'm not much of a number cruncher, and I'm not sure how the numbers mesh if it all).

Dunxco on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm a big fan of Armor-Piercing ammo, which upgrades to Tungsten when you max out Garrus.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    PilgrimPilgrim Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd say Garrus' recruitment mission is far easier than the one for Mordin, that last room can be hell on Insanity.

Pilgrim on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Fairchild wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of Armor-Piercing ammo, which upgrades to Tungsten when you max out Garrus.
    I generally prefer AP ammo to Warp ammo, but it's redundant for anything with incendiary.

Elendil on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Looking forward to Kasumi, though a bit torn...it won't be the same adding her to the end of my fem/manshep canon runs after they've already beaten the game (which I'll do anyways), but I don't really feel like doing a whole 5th run for her.

Any ideas on if there's more dlc coming in the future, other than the rest of the alt outfits?

Scooter on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I generally prefer AP ammo to Warp ammo, but it's redundant for anything with incendiary.
    Another reason why Zaeed is such a great squadmate. Incendiary Ammo plus Inferno Grenade.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Pilgrim wrote: »
    I'd say Garrus' recruitment mission is far easier than the one for Mordin, that last room can be hell on Insanity.

Garrus's is far harder. Even with the last room of Mordin's mission you can camp and draw the vorcha out.

Garrus's mission on the other hand has a natural timer in Garrus's vitality; you can't tough it out.

The Fourth Estate on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Scooter wrote: »
    Looking forward to Kasumi, though a bit torn...it won't be the same adding her to the end of my fem/manshep canon runs after they've already beaten the game (which I'll do anyways), but I don't really feel like doing a whole 5th run for her.

Any ideas on if there's more dlc coming in the future, other than the rest of the alt outfits?
    Bioware has promised an expansion pack, but that would be several months away at best. I would expect to see CATACLYSM before then, so...

Fairchild on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    no need for armour piercing if you've got incendiary, the difference between them is negligiable and incendiary has the bonus of making them do the "argh i'm on fiiirree" dance and not shoot you

besides, garrus can have squad armour-piercing if you really want it

anyway, my advice early on for a vanguard is to use cryo ammo liberally, it's much more useful than it seems

if a guy is down to health, a shotgun blast will always freeze him solid, ready for an instant-kill punch

what this means is that while your vanguard is still too low-level to kill people outright with a charge/shotgun/punch combo, you can get a team mate to strip the defenses, you charge, shotgun, and you're guaranteed a kill with that follow-up punch.

cryo powers rule, people

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Another reason why Zaeed is such a great squadmate. Incendiary Ammo plus Inferno Grenade.

I wans't impressed with Inferno Grenade; less base damage than incinerate and not affected by research; no thanks. For sniping, though, he is the bees knees.

The Fourth Estate on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I discovered how awesome the freezing heavy weapon is on the Reaper IFF mission. Kills every Husk in a huge area (I hate the IFF mission)

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I wans't impressed with Inferno Grenade; less base damage than incinerate and not affected by research; no thanks. For sniping, though, he is the bees knees.
    The Inferno Grenade is the best Husk-killing weapon in the game, hands down.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Plus, Squad Disruptor is not something I'd turn down against Geth. He and Garrus just tear them to shreds.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well, best Husk-killing weapon not named Jack, anyway.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Scooter wrote: »

Bioware has promised an expansion pack, but that would be several months away at best. I would expect to see CATACLYSM before then, so...
    Supposedly some data was found in the PC version that hints at some sort of Liara DLC.
    Liara probably wouldn't be recruitable, she'd just be the one giving you the mission. Either that, or they make it so she can be in your squad for just those particular missions but is not available outside of them since they don't want it to be possible for her to get killed off.
    Then again, biotic is the only category where we don't have 3 valid choices for the final mission, so who knows?

Lars on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    My guess at expansion pack storyline would be

a) Liara-driven, going after Doctor Doom or whatever that guy is called

b) Aria-driven, some sort of Patriarch showdown

c) Migrant Fleet-driven, setting up the Geth/Quarian showdown coming in ME3

Fairchild on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Can't be b).
    The Patriarch's dead.

reVerse on
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    won't be c), at least not directly:
    regardless of what you decide to do during tali's trial (paragon, renegade, neutral), the quarians are pretty much a splintered nation simply due to what Rael was doing on the allarai. Renegade shep provides this evidence during the trial, paragon shep gets a mail later on in the game from an admiral. same difference. I'm guessing me3 will, ironically, feature pro-geth quarians and "heresy"quarians that want to kill them all ;)

I suppose you could make an expansion with that, you'd get to play as tali and legion and go on all sorts of bonding adventures together!

evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ya'll seen this fanmade trailer

's alright

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiHrDLq-pgg

Jintor on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    Can't be b).
    The Patriarch's dead.
    No he isn't !
    I distinctly remember saving him !

Fairchild on
  • Options
    Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    Can't be b).
    The Patriarch's dead.

What, since when?

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
This discussion has been closed.