As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E] The Haunting of Kincep Mansion - What Dwells in Yonder Stable?

• Options
    PepiPopaPepiPopa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    "This is getting i say this is getting teresting. Interesting that is"

I draw my bow. Sorry my material isn't fresh pc imploded had to format and reinstall everything i dont have anything right now but i will be on for tomorrow

PepiPopa on
    Our testament and story is forever death or glory.
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I should mention anyone who doesn't roll a high enough perception will get suprised so roll or be chewed!

To speed things up I'll roll initiatives if you guys are cool with that.

Kelor on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm cool with speeding up initiative.

Saves time on people rolling individual Initiative rolls.

Also: Oh noes! Suprise round on me! D:

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sorry I couldn't get to my comp yesterday.

As Daig hears the howl, he slowly licks his finger and puts it in the air, as if testing the winds. "Yep, just as I suspected...still blowing..." With that he pulls his trusty bow, Krakatoa, off his back and notches an arrow.

Perception: 38
    Init: 27

Smoove Operator on
    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    speed on. I am installing windows updates and stuff probably going to be done in 3-4 hours. I am on then
    Got the time machine working. I am using my crossbow
    Perception roll : 22
    Initiative roll : 28

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Krikkit's initiative is 1d20+11=30!

And you can roll initiative for Krikkit in the future if necessary at any time.

Saurfang on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Initiative: 1d20+8 15
    If you need to roll it in future, go for it.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Same for me hastes the things along.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Annnd we're at the end of another weekend.

As the howl pierces the air you can make out bulky shapes from behind the clumps of bushes to the side of the building, so large you can scarcely believe they could be wolves. Foghorn, Ronen, Krikkit and the Gnome are quick to react, reading themselves to repel the feral assault.

Sadly the dire wolves only rolled a 13 for stealth, so everyone saw them. Initiative will be in blocks, those that roll higher than the opposing initiative will be able to act, followed by the enemies in one group then the PCs will have their first full round.

Initiative:
    Ronen - 31
    Krikkit - 30
    Foghorn - 28
    Daig - 27

Dire Wolves - 25
    ?????

The Gnome - 15

Stats:
    Ronen
    HP: 104/104
    AC 28; Fort 21; Reflex 23; Will 22

Foghorn
    HP: 83/83
    AC 25; Fort 19; Reflex 20; Will 23

Daig
    HP: 81/81
    AC 26; Fort 20; Reflex 25; Will 24

Krikkit
    AC 29; Fort 27; Reflex 28; Will 27
    Resist 5 Fire, +2 AC with CA against the target, +1 AC from At Will Movements.

The Gnome
    HP: 95/95
    AC 27; Fort 27; Reflex 24; Will 23

????
    HP: ????

Vicious Dire Wolf 1
    AC 21; Fortitude 20, Reflex 19, Will 18
    Combat Advantage: The dire wolf gains combat advantage against a target that has one or more of the dire wolf's allies adjacent to it. If the dire wolf has combat advantage against the target, the target is also knocked prone on a hit.

Vicious Dire Wolf 2
    Combat Advantage: The dire wolf gains combat advantage against a target that has one or more of the dire wolf's allies adjacent to it. If the dire wolf has combat advantage against the target, the target is also knocked prone on a hit.

Vicious Dire Wolf 3

Vicious Dire Wolf 4

Vicious Dire Wolf 5

Vicious Dire Wolf 6

Map:
    Area Features:
    Building: This stone structure is half buried in the ground. A single door at the western end gives access to the cramped, dank interior. The eaves of the slate roof are about 2 feet above the ground. The roof slopes upward to a ridge that runs the length of the structure. The roof ’s peak is about 2 feet higher than the eaves.

With a DC 10 Athletics check, a creature can hop up on the roof as part of normal movement; otherwise it takes an extra square of movement to clamber up. A creature standing atop the building has combat advantage against foes of its size or smaller. However, the creature must make a DC 20 Acrobatics check at the end of its turn to avoid slipping on the mossy tiles. If the check fails, that creature lands prone in a randomly determined square adjacent to the building, even one occupied by another creature.

The building provides cover if line of effect or line of sight for an attack passes through the roof ’s ridge, even when a creature is standing on the roof.

Gully: This feature is 25 feet deep and choked with briars. A fall into the gully deals 2d10 damage. The gully’s walls are steep and crumbling, requiring a DC 25 Athletics check to climb out.

Undergrowth: Only areas with dense foliage are shown on the map. (The green clumps at C5, K12, L20 and Q26) They are choked with weeds, fallen branches, and saplings. These areas are difficult terrain. A creature can drop prone to gain cover any movement other than crawling negates this cover.

Who's up: Ronen, Krikkit, Foghorn, Daig. On Deck: Dire Wolveses

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ronen studies his opponents, waiting to see what they were up to...

Seeing that they merely stayed away from the group, as well as viewing them as nothing more than COMMON beasts, he lets out a hearty laugh!

"Hahaha! Are these the beasties that chased you off Gaston? Why, I've dueled with pups that had longer and sharper teeth than these mongrels!"

He lifts up his blade, and points towards the two wolves hiding behind the nearby undergrowth.

"You guys mind if I take those two on? The ones hiding behind the bushes? I think the rest should be more than enough for you lot to handle."

Without waiting for an answer, the Swordmage rushes off towards the closest wolf.

As he lunged toward the beast, his blade was instantly lit, as magical fire engulfed the massive sword. The beast tried to back away, but it was too slow.

The blade digs deep into the shoulder of the beast, at the same time cauterizing the wound in the process by the intense flames given by the blade.

"Listen up, wolfies! Your challenger this night... is ME! Ronen of the Four Corners! Prepare to die!"
    Standard Action: Blazing Lunge to Dire Wolf 5
    - I can use Blazing Lunge as part of a charge
    - I charge to C7
    - Gain a +1 bonus to attack roll
    Attack Roll: 30 vs Reflex HIT!
    Damage Roll: 22 fire damage

Summary:
    Ronen is @C7
    Dire Wolf 5 is at 61/83
    Because it was a charge, I end my turn

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    what are the lines in front of the group of wolves? does it grant concealment of anything like that I should be aware of? also, if Daig has a +10 ATH check, do I need to roll to get up on the roof at all?

Smoove Operator on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    The lines are just scattered logs. They confer no cover, only the building and the noted patches of thick brush in the features section.

And no, Daig is fine and would not need to make the check since he'd auto succeed.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Krikkit puffs up his tiny, concave chest. "Wolves think they're so big. Nasty wolves, biting tiny kobolds. After this day, wolves will forever fear us kobolds!" He squawked ferociously.

Krikkit goes from a meditative stance into a full run in the blink of an eye, moving faster than should be possible on such short legs. The monk leaps gracefully on to the roof, his bare feet making no sound as they skirt the edge of the building. He flies from the roof, hanging in the air, and executes a roll as he lands, coming up into a stance that has him balancing on one leg like a dancer with both hands over his head. Abandoning his ballerina pose, Krikkit simply goes into a dead run toward the wolves, holding the staff over his head with both hands.

"I will hit you on the head so hard!"

The monk snaps his staff across the muzzle of the center wolf, who yips in surprise. Krikkit follows with a jab from his open palm to the same wolf and a kick to the one on his left.
    Move: Dancing Cobra movement technique, moving 8 squares to J16. Effortless Motion gives Krikkit +1 AC until the end of his next turn.
    Minor: Shift to J17.
    Standard: Charge to vs. Vicious Dire Wolf 1.

-Krikkit charges to D23.
    Attack roll: 1d20+17=24 hit! for 14 damage. That's halved thanks to the errata, I think, so 7 damage, actually.
    Free: Centered Flurry of Blows, hitting Dire Wolf 1 and 2 for 6 damage and a slide.
    If hit by an attack that deals 14 or more damage, or an attack that would kill him, Krikkit will use Iron Dragon Defense as an Immediate Interrupt to reduce the damage by 14.

Summary:
    Krikkit is in D23 and has 30 AC.
    Dire Wolf 1 is at 68/81 is @ D24. (I'll use the lower right corner square for determining position.)
    Dire Wolf 2 is at 75/81 is @ D22.
    Dire Wolves 1 and 2 grant combat advantage to Krikkit until the end of his next turn, and Krikkit gets +2 to AC against each of them.

Saurfang on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Running with his bow still notched but pointed downward, Daig steps nimbly up onto the roof and continues running until he reaches the north edge. When he stops he pulls his bow up and takes aim at one of the wolves in the center of the pack. Blue mist begins to swirl around the tip of the arrow as he aims, getting more substantial very quickly. The arrow cuts through the air, and the blue mist forms into a giant boxing phantom boxing glove over the tip of the arrow.
    Move to G15
    Stampede Shot v Wolf 2
    1d20+17(-2 for long range)(+2 for CA)=18..natural 1 baby; and I only had to roll a 3
    At least a 35 will be sufficient to not fall off the roof.

"That one's for Gilly!" He shouts victoriously, not realizing that the shot sailed cleanly over the entire battlefield.

Smoove Operator on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Foghorn opened his mouth for a quick remark but the little ally already skittered away and struck hard one of the wolves.Now he announces loudly.
    "Bigger targets I say bigger targets are easier to hit". The kenku draws a funny looking bolt and aims at the 2 wolves. " Them wolves going to make comfortable jackets me thinks. And lucky wolf paws. I can see the gold now." His eyes glitter as the bolt pierces the air and strikes the huge wolf. The bolt strikes the wolf and it hauls in pain. " Awww, now the pelt will be all bloody.I need to get into that Psionic stuff. Less blood an' all."

Standard action : Entangling opening vs Wolf #5 ( The next time the target is hit by an attack before the end of my next turn it falls prone) Using a Spider Bolt +1 ( The enemy is slowed and each creature adjacent to it is also slowed UEOMNT)
    Attack : 1d20+18: 33 HIT !!
    Damage - 2d10+9: 14 Damage on Wolf #5

Movement Action : Move to I8.

I am readying an Immediate Interrupt Chord of resilience - The first time one of my allies which is less then 10 squares away gets hit it takes 11 damage less.

TL;DR version : Shot wolf 5 for 14 damage. Wolf 5 and 6 are slowed. if Wolf 5 is hit again before the end of my next turn it falls prone.

Dire Wolveses

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I've got most of the update finished guys, birthday stuff today so I'll have it up for you once I knock off work in four/five hours.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Voila!

Gaston gives a cry of rage as the wolves emerge and looses two arrows at the beast engaged by Ronen, the first flies overhead while the second strikes but merely bounces off the creature's thick hide but manages to knock it to the ground. Swearing furiously the burly hunter drops his bow, pulls out a sword and prepares to do battle.

The pack of wolves split away from Krikkit, one dashing south towards Ronen while the other moves towards the Gnome and from behind them another shape rises up from the grasses, another wolf which circles around the diminutive monk. This one however has reddish brown fur, whereas the others have jet black. The wolves snap at the kobold and he manages to dodge the first but is unable to avoid the second, which leaves him sprawled on the ground. The large wolf now steps in and begins to savage him. The kobold is able to fend him off at first but eventually the beast manages to clamp down on his leg before he kicks himself free then feels a feverish chill run through his body.
    Gaston
    Movement action: Move to K8.
    Minor action: Hunter's Quarry on Dire Wolf 5.
    Standard action: Twin Strike on Dire Wolf 5.

Attack roll: 1d20+14x2 = 16, 23. Miss and Hit.
    Damage roll = 1+4 for Hunter's Quarry damage. Knocked prone due to Foghorn's Entangling Opening.

Dire Wolf 2
    Movement action: Run to E12.

Dire Wolf 4
    Movement action: Move to H17.

Dire Wolf 1
    Movement action: Shift to B23.
    Standard action: Bite Krikkit.

Attack roll: 1d20+14 vs AC = 20. Miss.

Dire Wolf 3
    Attack roll: 1d20+14 vs AC = 31. Hit.
    Damage roll: 1d8+5 = 11 and Krikkit is knocked prone.

Werewolf Lord 1
    Movement action: Move to D22.

Attack roll: 1d20+19 vs AC = 29. Miss.
    Action point!

Attack roll: 1d20+19 vs AC = 39. Crit!
    Damage roll: 1d8+7 = 15 damage and Krikkit contracts Moon Frenzy.

Daig hears a roar rumble out from the shed beneath him, then another dire wolf emerges from beneath. He has enough time to see that a man sits astride it wielding an enormous club before it bounds southward towards Ronen. The man, tanned featured with a flat face and nose uses his mount's speed and club's size to good effect, slamming it into the swordmage's shoulder but Foghorn's wards cause it to bounce away.

The other wolves, while slowed continue to harass him while he calmly parries their attempts with the mystical ward surrounding his offhand.
    Dire Wolf 7
    Movement action: Move to C10.

Werewolf Lord 2
    Standard action: Club Ronen (Reach 2)
    Attack roll: 1d20+19 = 28. Hit!
    Damage roll: 1d10+7 = 10. (Prevented by Foghorn's Chord of Resilience)

Dire Wolf 5
    Movement action: Stand up.
    Standard action: Bite Ronen.

Attack roll: 1d20+14 vs AC = 24. Miss.

Dire Wolf 6
    Movement action: Shift to B6.
    Standard action: Bite Ronen

Attack roll: 1d20+14 vs AC = 18. Miss.

Curse you Tiamatz and your high AC ways! I would have hit you if it hadn't been for that meddling Kenku!

Stats:
    Ronen
    HP: 104/104

Foghorn

Daig

Krikkit
    HP: 57/83 Moon Frenzy (Saving throw at end of the encounter) Prone

The Gnome

Werewolf Lord 1 (Wolf Form)
    HP 154/154
    Regeneration 10 (if the werewolf lord takes damage from a silver weapon, its regeneration doesn’t function on its next turn)
    AC 24; Fortitude 25, Reflex 22, Will 21
    Call of the Wild aura 5; a lycanthrope ally in the aura (including the werewolf lord) shift 1 square as a minor action.
    Threatening Reach 2 while in human form.

Werewolf Lord 2 (Human Form)
    HP 154/154
    Regeneration 10 (if the werewolf lord takes damage from a silver weapon, its regeneration doesn’t function on its next turn)
    Call of the Wild aura 5; a lycanthrope ally in the aura (including the werewolf lord) shift 1 square as a minor action.

Vicious Dire Wolf 1
    HP: 68/83
    Pack Hunter (while mounted by a friendly rider of 5th level or higher; at will) ✦ Mount
    The dire wolf's rider gains combat advantage against an enemy if it has at least one ally other than its mount adjacent to the target.

Vicious Dire Wolf 2
    HP: 75/83
    Pack Hunter (while mounted by a friendly rider of 5th level or higher; at will) ✦ Mount
    The dire wolf's rider gains combat advantage against an enemy if it has at least one ally other than its mount adjacent to the target.

Vicious Dire Wolf 3

Vicious Dire Wolf 4

Vicious Dire Wolf 5
    HP: 42/83 Slowed

Vicious Dire Wolf 6
    HP: 83/83 Slowed

Vicious Dire Wolf 7
    HP: 68/83

Map:
    OrchardAmbush-Round2A.jpg

Area Features:
    Building: This stone structure is half buried in the ground. A single door at the western end gives access to the cramped, dank interior. The eaves of the slate roof are about 2 feet above the ground. The roof slopes upward to a ridge that runs the length of the structure. The roof ’s peak is about 2 feet higher than the eaves.

With a DC 10 Athletics check, a creature can hop up on the roof as part of normal movement; otherwise it takes an extra square of movement to clamber up. A creature standing atop the building has combat advantage against foes of its size or smaller. However, the creature must make a DC 20 Acrobatics check at the end of its turn to avoid slipping on the mossy tiles. If the check fails, that creature lands prone in a randomly determined square adjacent to the building, even one occupied by another creature.

The building provides cover if line of effect or line of sight for an attack passes through the roof ’s ridge, even when a creature is standing on the roof.

Gully: This feature is 25 feet deep and choked with briars. A fall into the gully deals 2d10 damage. The gully’s walls are steep and crumbling, requiring a DC 25 Athletics check to climb out.

Undergrowth: Only areas with dense foliage are shown on the map. (The green clumps at C5, K12, L20 and Q26) They are choked with weeds, fallen branches, and saplings. These areas are difficult terrain. A creature can drop prone to gain cover any movement other than crawling negates this cover.

Who's up: Ronen, Krikkit, Foghorn, Daig, The Gnome On Deck: Dire Wolveses

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Do I provoke OA from Wolf4 if I attack from my current position, or am I high enough on the roof not to?

Smoove Operator on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Do I provoke OA from Wolf4 if I attack from my current position, or am I high enough on the roof not to?

You're fine, the roof slants up higher on the side you are on so you're out of range.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hey gents, I'll post my turn now if you don't mind, since I'm going on a day trip with the family. Also, did any of the wolves moving away from Krikkit provoke OAs?

Krikkit glares up at the wolves around him. "Kobolds are not meat for wolves. Wolves are meat for kobolds!" He springs onto his hands and his stick-like legs whirl in a circle, landing powerful kicks that send some of the wolves stumbling. As his legs rotates, Krikkit pushes off with his hands, flipping over and landing on his feet. "Haha! You cannot keep kobold down!" He sways for a moment, remembering the debilitating bite of the strange wolf. "Urgh... My spirit feels imbalanced... perhaps I have eaten a bad sandwich..."
    Move: Stand up.
    Minor: Harmonious Discipline, Krikkit gains 4 temporary hit points.
    Standard: Five Storms.

Attack vs. Vicious Dire Wolf 1 1d20+17=32, hit! for 18 damage.
    Attack vs. Vicious Dire Wolf 3 1d20+15=32, hit!
    Attack vs. Werewolf Lord 1 1d20+15=31, hit!

Free: Flurry of Blows. Vicious Dire Wolf 1 and 3 take 6 damage. Vicious Dire Wolf 1 is slid to C21 and Vicious Dire Wolf 3 is slid to F23.
    Immediate Interrupt: If Krikkit takes 14 or more damage from a single attack, he'll use Iron Dragon Defense to reduce that damage by 14 as an immediate interrupt.

Summary:
    Krikkit is at 57/83 with 4 temporary hit points.

Vicious Dire Wolf 1 is at 44/83 and is at C21. Vicious Dire Wolf 3 is at 59/83 and is at F23. Krikkit gains combat advantage against both of them until the end of his next turn, and has a +2 bonus to his AC against them.

Werewolf Lord 1 is at 136/154.

Saurfang on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    As Ronen swat the pitiful attacks from the wolves, he yawned.

"Stop trying to hit me... and hit, me damn you! And you have the nerves to call yourselves 'predators' ?! Hmmppf!"

After their feeble attempts to hit him were over, Ronen waved his hands around, blasting what appeared to the eyes as luminescent ropes from the palms of his hands. The ropes themselves tie onto the necks of the nearby wolves. The wolves, confused by these strange decorations, yipped in response.

Just you wait... you'll soon understand how they work, you dumb animals, the Swordmage mused to himself.

Ronen turns around and spots the tiny lizard man on his back. He also spots the strange man riding a large wolf.

"What the hells? When did you show up? I didn't see you a minute ago..." Ronen stops in mid-sentence, when he remembered Krikkit.

"Oh, yes, right... hold on a moment, will you? Guys? It looks as though the lizard man might need help! I'll take on these mongrels! Don't you worry..."

He returns his gaze to the man riding the wolf. "Oh, yes, right... let's continue on, shall we?"

The Deva slides a few feet closer to the man's lupine mount, swings his blade, and thrashes the blade on the creature's ribs. Within moments, gouts of flame start pouring out of the wound, consuming both the wolf, and igniting any foolish wolf still standing close to it.

But the Deva wasn't finished with him.

The Sworddmage closed his eyes, concentrating on the spot right behind the beast. When he opened his eyes, he was at that very spot he focused on, teleporting a few feet behind the creature. Ronen sways his blade around, but unfortunately, the burning creature managed to dodge the blow by a hair's width...
    Minor Action: (Double) Aegis of Assault on Dire Wolves 5+6
    They are now marked with an Aegis of Assault!
    Move Action: Shift to C8.
    Standard Action: Purifying Wound (Daily) on Dire Wolf 7
    Attack Roll: 24 vs. AC HIT!
    Damage Roll: 17 fire damage, and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends). When the target takes the ongoing fire damage, each enemy adjacent to the target takes 5 fire damage.

Action Point!
    Before taking the action point, I teleport to D11.
    Standard Action: Spikes of Agony on Dire Wolf 7
    Attack Roll: 20 vs. AC D:MISS!

As an immediate reaction:
    - If either Dire Wolf 5 or 6 attacks Foghorn or any ally within 10 squares, I teleport to a square adjacent to the one that dealt the blow and make a melee basic attack on the wolf.
    - I ready Prescient Defense should an attack (with combat advantage) hit me:
    Immediate Interrupt: Gain a +2 bonus to all defenses against the attack.

Conclusion:
    Ronen is @ D11
    Dire Wolf 5 + 6 are marked with an Aegis of Assault.
    Dire Wolf 7 takes 17 fire damage, 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends) and deals 5 fire damage to adjacent enemies (including the mounter) as long as it takes ongoing fire damage.
    Ronen spent an action point!

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    "This is bad...real bad." the bounty hunter muttered. It seemed to him that the kobold was in the most trouble, so he notched another arrow and loosed it towards the northern group of wolves. As it flew through the air, the arrow lost its rigid shape and became a silvery bola, spinning at the wolves.
    Coralling Shot:
    Wis v AC (-2 range)(+2CA)
    vs W3 (main target) 37 CRIT! / 34 (max) damage + 3d12 for Vicious Greatbow = 15...49 damage total
    vs W1 34 HIT / 14 damage
    vs WL1 26 HIT / 8 damage

Slide W1 to E26-F25
    Slide WL1 to G26-H25

W1 = 30/83
    W3 = 10/83
    WL1 = 128/154 (no regen this turn)

As per Lunia's Bracelet, my weapons are treated as silvered; so no regen for wolflord

The bola wrapped around all three wolves and sent two of them flying towards the third. "Give'em hell, Kingpin!"

Smoove Operator on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Feel free to post in any order, we'll just take turns in blocks from here on out guys. Saurfang, the wolves on the outside moved away so no, you may not punch my wolves.

Speaking of which....My poor wolves! Stop hurting them you meanies!

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    BUUURN, WOLVES! BUUURN!

Mhuahahahahahaha!

We're having roast Wolf tonight!

Please don't kill me D:

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think Krikkit and Daig just entered beast mode on the northern wolves. I know my luck, though. 1 crit means misses from here on out.

Smoove Operator on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Kelor wrote: »
    Feel free to post in any order, we'll just take turns in blocks from here on out guys. Saurfang, the wolves on the outside moved away so no, you may not punch my wolves.

Speaking of which....My poor wolves! Stop hurting them you meanies!

Poop! Also yes, we have visited beast mode upon the wolves this round.

Saurfang on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    "Hey! Where'd everybody go?" cried the Gnome as everyone else dashed off to deal death to the dire doggies. "Francis, you go find them, OK?" he tld the beast, sending it off towards the north end of the hut, just as a large wolf-like creature came into view beyond it.

"Oooh, what a big doggie!" he exclaimed, apparently heedless of any danger at all. "Here, let me pet you." he screeched as he leapt towards the beast, swinging his blade overhand to tear a chunk out of the creature's foreleg.
    Move action to send Francis up adjacent to the wolf by the shed (vicious Dire Wolf 4).
    Minor action to enter the Heart Strike stance.
    Standard action to charge the wolf using Power Attack, gaiing +2 AC from Marauder's Armour:
    Melee Basic Attack (charge) vs dire wolf AC: 1d20+16 25 Hits!
    Dealing 1d8+8+4+4+2 22 damage.
    (+8 for Str+enh, +4 (Cha. mod) for Heart Strike, +4 for Power Atk., +2 for Powerful Charge)

Summary:
    The Gnome is in square J16, has entered the Heart Strike stance and has 29AC until EoNT.
    Francis the badger is in square K16.
    The Wolf in squares H16-I17 is on 83-22= 61HP

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    "More wolves more pelts, more MONEY." Foghorn arms another white bolt in his crossbow and it stabs through the air.It strikes the target and it cries out in pain." Sounds i say sounds like I hit that bugger." The kenku mocks as he takes a few steps back.

Standard Action :Jinx shot Vs Wolf#7 1d20+17: 29
    HIT! ( The first time #7 misses he falls prone)
    ( using spider bolt +1)(the enemy is slowed and each creature adjacent to it is also slowed UEOMNT)
    Damage - 1d10+8+1: 12. I am not sure if 2 is considered adjacent if he is they are both slowed.

Move action : move back to L9
    I ready Trickery's Reward ( immediate interrupt)- The first time a friend that is up to 10 squares gets hit he gets +3 to all defenses against the attack. If the attack misses the defense bonus lasts UEOMNT. If the attack hits the target regains hit points as if it spent a Healing surge.

Wolveseses

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Double the post double the fun.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think its the Wolveseses turn. BTW Kelor, use of Team Jacob for wolflord = win

Smoove Operator on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Daig is using his free action to bump the thread. As far as I know that's an at-will.

Smoove Operator on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Daig is using his free action to bump the thread. As far as I know that's an at-will.
    I guess I better use mine for the same purpose too...

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

Bumping up once more, using a free action.

Triple the action power, triple the bump!

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    TiamatZ wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

Bumping up once more, using a free action.

Triple the action power, triple the bump!

With our powers combined I AM CAPTAIN BUMPNET.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I have not forgotten you gents, but I've only had short blocks of time over the last few days to check the boards. Now the weekend is over I will have an update for you all.

[tiny]Actually the RSPCA and Twilight fan club are on their way to your houses right now.[/tiny]

Just stay right where you are at the moment!

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Gaston moves towards the human riding the wolf while pulling a hatchet from his belt to complement his sword and swings at him through Ronen's flames. Deflecting a wild swing from the rider his sword cuts, while the hatchet misses but the blow rocks him atop his mount. Krikkit finds himself dragged down once more in the maelstrom of fur and teeth as the wolves close back in around him even while they are wounded.
    Gaston
    Movement action: Move to E9.
    Attack of Opportunity from Werewolf Lord due to Threatening Reach 2. 1d20+17 vs AC = 23. Miss.
    Minor action: Mark Werewolf Lord 2 as his quarry.
    Standard action: Twin Strike on Werewolf Lord 2.

Attack roll 1: 1d20+13 vs AC = 30.
    Damage roll 1: 1d8+9 = 12.

Hunter's Quarry deals 8 damage.
    Attack roll 2: 1d20+14 vs AC = 23. Miss.

Direwolf 1
    Minor action + Movement action: Shift twice to C25.
    Standard action: Bite Krikkit

Attack roll: 1d20+14 vs AC = 31. Hit!
    Damage roll: 1d8+5 = 6 and Krikkit is knocked prone.

Direwolf 3
    Minor action + Movement action: Shift twice to E24.

Attack roll: 1d20+14 vs AC = 25. Miss.

Werewolf Lord 1
    Movement action: Shift to D22.

Attack roll: 1d20+19 vs AC = 35. Hit!
    Damage roll: 1d8+7 = 9.

The Gnome's combat against the lone wolf goes well. Distracted by the movements of both the hamster and the diminutive warrior the beast finds itself unable to sink it's teeth in.
    Direwolf 4
    Standard action: Bite The Gnome
    Attack roll: 1d20+12 vs AC = 17. Miss.

The mounted wolf and it's rider howl and shout in pain (respectively) as Ronen's flames burn them. Working themselves up a rage they continue their assault, the humanoid sliding off the back of the wolf and shifting from human to a mirror image of the larger wolf attacking Krikkit. Ronen brushes away the first set of snapping teeth, then manages to parry the bigger creature's fangs seconds before they connect before the wolf to his right succeeds in knocking him to the ground and savaging his side, Foghorn's charm not warning him of the attack in time. The two wolves further south, driven by fury by the swordmage's arts make their way towards him, slowed by Foghorn's ammunition. One snaps at the fallen Deva, taking advantage of his fall to sneak around his defense. The final wolf is unable to find an opening and snaps at Gaston instead but even while fallen Ronen's wards fend off the blow.
    Direwolf 2
    Movement action: Shift to D13

Attack roll: 1d20+14 vs AC = 18. Miss.

Werewolf Lord 2
    Takes 5 damage at the start of it's turn from Direwolf 7.
    Regenerates 10 HP.
    Movement action: Dismounts and shifts to E11 before his mount moves.
    Minor action: Shapeshift to Wolf Form.

Attack roll: 1d20+17 = 28. Hit! Prescient Defense increases his defenses by +2, making it a miss.

Direwolf 7
    Takes 5 damage at the start of it's turn.
    Minor+Movement: Shift twice to B12.

Attack roll: 1d20+14 vs AC = 32. Hit. Trickery's Reward triggers giving +3 to his defenses but the attack still hits and Ronen may spend a healing surge if he wishes.
    Damage roll: 1d8+5 = 13 and Ronen is knocked prone.
    End of turn saving throw vs Fire: 1d20 = 11. Saved!

Direwolf 5
    Minor+Movement: Shift two squares to C10.

Attack roll: 1d20+14 vs AC = 29. Hit!
    Damage roll: 2d8+5 = 9. Booo!

Direwolf 6
    Minor+Movement: Shift two squares to D8.
    Standard action: Bite Gaston.

Attack roll: 1d20+14 vs AC = 30 (-2 from Ronen's mark makes this a miss.

Apologies again for the delay. Have at them! Tiamatz has a mark triggered by the attack against Gaston by Direwolf 6.

Stats:
    Ronen
    HP: 91/104

Foghorn

Daig

Krikkit
    HP: 42/83 Moon Frenzy (Saving throw at end of the encounter) Prone

The Gnome

Gaston
    HP: 98
    AC: 29 Fort: 29 Reflex: 29 Will: 24
    Surges: 2 Surge Value: 24

Werewolf Lord 1 (Wolf Form)
    HP 128/154
    Regeneration 10 (if the werewolf lord takes damage from a silver weapon, its regeneration doesn’t function on its next turn) (Cancelled till start of next turn)

Werewolf Lord 2 (Human Form)
    HP 139/154

Vicious Dire Wolf 1
    HP: 30/83

Vicious Dire Wolf 2
    HP: 75/83

Vicious Dire Wolf 3
    HP: 10/83

Vicious Dire Wolf 4
    HP: 61/83

Vicious Dire Wolf 5
    HP: 42/83 Slowed (Marked by Ronen)

Vicious Dire Wolf 6
    HP: 83/83 Slowed (Marked by Ronen)

Vicious Dire Wolf 7
    HP: 39/83 5 ongoing fire damage, (save ends) and deals 5 fire damage to adjacent enemies, falls Prone on next miss.

Map:
    OrchardAmbush-Round3ScaledA.jpg

Area Features:

Who's up: Ronen, Krikkit, Foghorn, Daig, The Gnome On Deck: Dire Wolveses

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Do I still make a basic melee attack on Dire Wolf 6, even if I'm knocked prone?

Also I'll spend a healing surge from Foghorn's Trickery's Reward (to be added in Post).

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Krikkit springs to his feet again. "Great kobold philosopher Funkooshus say, 'I get knocked down, I get up again, you ain't never gonna keep me down!'" The kobold monk goes into another whirling frenzy, smashing the two dire wolves with quick kicks and landing rapid punches on the creatures. A hideous snap sounded as one of the monk's strikes bends the neck of a wolf too far, and the creature falls dead to the ground. Krikkit comes to a stop, holding his arms in a ready stance, somehow looking more stable and strong than he had before the wolves' last attack, despite the sheen of sweat.
    Krikkit's actually at 46/83 thanks to the 4 temp HP he had last turn.

Move: Stand up.
    Minor: Activate Stoneskin Armor, Krikkit gains 10 temp HP.
    Standard: Five Storms.

Attack and Damage Roll, vs. Dire Wolf 1: 1d20+17=31, hit!
    Attack vs. Dire Wolf 3: 1d20+17=22, hit!
    Attack vs. Werewolf Lord 1: 1d20+15=16, super miss!

Dire Wolveses 1 and 3 take 16 damage, including the bonus damage from Harmonious Meditation, and Dire Wolf 3 is slain!
    Free Action: Centered Flurry of Blows. Dire Wolf 1 and Werewolf Lord 1 take 6 damage. Werewolf Lord 1 is shifted to E22-F23 and Dire Wolf 1 is shifted to D24-E25. Krikkit gains combat advantage against each of them and +2 AC against them until the end of his next turn.

Summary:
    Krikkit is at 46/83 with 10 temporary hit points and is standing up.

Werewolf Lord 1 is at E22-F23 and is at 122/154.
    Dire Wolf 1 is at D24-E25 and is at 8/83.
    Dire Wolf 3 is dead.

Saurfang on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    "That's the way you do it, Kingpin..." Daig says to himself as he turns to the large group of wolves to his south surrounding the sword mage. "Heads up, Ringo! Try and think of a happy place!" With that the Githzerai pulls as many arrows as his large hands can hold from his quiver, notches them all, and fires nearly straight up into the air, allowing them to come raining down on the mass of wolves.
    Savage Archery - Area burst 2 @ C10 (sorry Ronen and Gaston...)
    Wis v Ref (with CA from roof, not long range...I assume I can choose NOT to take CA against Ronen/Gaston?...adjust accordingly)
    All rolls not linked otherwise are found here
    W2 - 39 CRIT = 22 (max) + 18 = 40
    WL2 - 25 hit
    W6 - 20 hit
    W5 - 36 hit
    W7 -21 hit
    Ronen - 33 hit...oops
    Gaston - 18 miss

19 Damage for WL2, W6, W5...and Ronen
    21 damage for W7 (I get +2 damage vs bloodied targets - Gauntlets of Blood)
    40 damage foe W2
    All get -2 to AC and Fort til EOMNT.
    Also, no regen for WL2 this turn.

Since I missed Gaston, I use Inevitable Shot to make a RBA against WL2
    Grappling Spirits as RBA
    1d20+17 (+2 for CA) vs AC = 20 Miss.

Ronen - 72/104
    W2 - 35/83
    WL2 - 120/154
    W6 - 64/83
    W5 - 23/84
    W7 18/83

Acrobatics to stay on roof: 20

Fortunately and unfortunately most of Daig's arrows find their targets. Daig barely manages to stay on the slippery roof as he watches his arrows fly.

Smoove Operator on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    If I can shift as part of a power, and have a high enough Athletics to auto-pass the jump up to the roof, can I shift onto the roof as part of the power?

Also, could you clarify the CA you get from being up there? What does the target have to be smaller than exactly?

Mr_Rose on