As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E] The Haunting of Kincep Mansion - What Dwells in Yonder Stable?

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TiamatZ wrote: »
    Do I still make a basic melee attack on Dire Wolf 6, even if I'm knocked prone?

Sure, you can teleport and still take the swing even if you're prone.
    MrRose wrote:
    If I can shift as part of a power, and have a high enough Athletics to auto-pass the jump up to the roof, can I shift onto the roof as part of the power?

Also, could you clarify the CA you get from being up there? What does the target have to be smaller than exactly?

Sure, if it's your character I would say that you can do so, even migetized as your character is.

In regards to the Combat Advantage it's talking about your character's size. Most races are normal sized and would gain CA against one of the Werewolf Lords while it was in human form. Unfortunately are bigger than your avvverage bear (Large) and The Gnome's size (Small) counts against him.

Persecution!

Kelor on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Surrounded on all sides, the Deva assesses the situation before him, with a cheeky grin forming on his face.

"So, you all finally decide to surround me and beat me while I'm down? Predictable, just preditable."

The Deva stands up nonchalantly, and looks around, trying to find the ringleader of the group. Once he found him, he grins menacingly at the Wolf Lord. "Then again, it's obviously you don't know who your messing with!" He jerks his thumb to his chest, as well as puffs up his chest, in order to emphasize his next point (as well as to regain some breath after he was knocked to the ground).

"I'm goddamned Ronen of the Four Ways, you overgrown fur coat! If you still have no inkling of who I am, I suggest asking my long row of defeated foes at the Raven Queen's Court when you and your pups get there!"

A number of arrows come flying down of the wolves, and on Ronen in the center!

One arrow managed to pierce the Swordmage's side. Ronen winched at the pain, but tried his best to play the tough guy act.

He glared at Daig, who was busy knocking up more arrows on his bow.

"Damn it, seeker! You looking for a fight too? We'll settle it after this! Got some garbage to remove here..."

Ronen swung his blade backwards, trying to build up some momentum. A green-tinted flame envelops the sword. As Ronen swung the blade towards the Wolf Lord, the flame arcs out, enveloping the nearby wolves with emarald-coloured embers. The blunt and of the blade hits the Wolf Lord square on the head, enveloping him completely with the emerald fire...
    @ Kelor: Since Aegis of Assault only triggers if a marked enemy attacks the target AND hits them, I may activate my Aegis ability. Since Dire Wolf 6's attack missed Gaston, I can't teleport and strike back at it.

Move Action: Stand up
    Free Action: Spend a healing surge from Foghorn's Trickery's Reward (26 HP)
    Standard Action: Greenflame Blade on Werewolf Lord 2
    Attack Roll: 27 vs. AC Hit!
    Damage Roll: 18 fire damage, and 4 fire damage to all adjacent enemies of the target (Dire Wolf #2 and Dire Wolf #5) each.

Summary:
    Ronen isn't prone anymore
    Ronen is @ 98/104
    Ronen strikes the WolfLord 2 for 18 fire damage (102/154)
    Direwolf #2 takes 4 fire damage (31/83)
    Direwolf #5 takes 4 fire damage (19/83)

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    "Aww, good doggie, look at the badger" said the Gnome as the wolf's jaws snapped shut over his head, sending Francis aroundbehind the creature and using the distraction to duck under its legs and leap onto the roof of the shed.

"And now, back to me!" he continued, winding up a haymaker that sent the large creature staggering backwards with a large rent in its jaw, before turning to Daig: "HI!"
    Move Action: Send Francis to H19
    Standard Action: Shift onto the roof at H15 then Pressing Strike (power Attack) vs AC: 32 dealing 1d8+8+4+4 24 damage and pushing the wolf one square to (G17-H18).

Summary:
    Francis is in (h19)
    The Wolf is in (g17-h18) and has 37HP and is Bloodied.
    The Gnome is in (h15) and back down to 27AC.
    If the wolf manages to hit The Gnome, he will activate his Fade Away power as an Immediate Reaction.
    Also, what do I need to roll to try and ride the big doggie?

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Looks like our trusty bard is next!

Saurfang on
  • Options
    PepiPopaPepiPopa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ( sorry had some crazy few days )
    The kenku sees his ally getting surrounded by the big wolves.
    " GET AWAY FROM HIM PELT BOYS. GET AWAY FROM MY LITTLE BUDDY."He sprints north and launches a light at the wolves and then "positions" near the gnome.
    "Protect the bird little gnome. I'm the bird."
    Move action : move to L16
    Standard action : Lying lights against Vicious Dire Wolf 1 1d20+12: 21 HIT!22
    Dire wolf 1 dies.
    Minor action - Majestic word on Krikkit - 2d6+6: 17+21=38 heal
    Krikkit is now at 80/83 and he has 6 temporary hp from a feat of mine and he has a saving throw against an effect from another feat.
    (If someone bloodies an enemy 5 squares away from me i use virtue of valor on him. jeez virtue of valor is terrible on large battlefields.. They should make it 10 range)

PepiPopa on
    Our testament and story is forever death or glory.
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think Krikkit's actually at 10 temp hp because they don't stack. Thanks for the heal, PepiPopa!

Also, damn your rolls, Kelor! Krikkit is actually pretty hard to hit with AC attacks under most circumstances.

Saurfang on
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    He glared at Daig, who was busy knocking up more arrows on his bow.

This statement intrigued me. I thought maybe I had been mistaken all these years using the term "notch" an arrow. Turns out (after a full on 3 minute google hunt) that either "notch" or "nock" is correct. Depends on whether you call the little indention in the arrow that you hold against the string a notch or a nock (both of which are acceptable). Looks like the original English (UK) word was nock, but it adapted into "notch" later. Probably b/c we call other similar indentations "notches" in other situations. Neat.

Smoove Operator on
    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It's true! I think I picked that up from reading about Robin Hood as a kid. I am a word geek, I'll admit.

I'm mostly finished with the update, maybe ten minutes to get the rolls done.

Sadly you are not allowed to ride hostile mounts in 4E from what I can find, but give me a DC 25 check with Athletics or Acrobatics and you're good. I can't disappoint the Gnome, he'd enjoy a doggie ride too much.

And yeah, the wolves were quite lucky with the rolls. Now let me have some fun and fail your saving roll for the Moonrage at the end!

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Don't worry lad! Gaston'll save you!" Making good on his word, Gaston brings his sword hard into the shapeshifter's side, driving it to it's knees. As it goes down the lone remaining wolf backs up from Krikkit, issues a sharp howl before bounding away from the orchard towards the house.
    Gaston
    Standard action: Toppling Rush on Werewolf Lord 2.
    Attack roll 1: 1d20+19 vs AC = 37.
    Damage roll 1: 3d8+7 = 22 and Wolflord 2 is prone.

Hunter's Quarry deals 7 damage.

Werewolf Lord 1
    Minor action: Shift to D21.
    Standard action: Run 10 squares towards the mansion.
    Movement action: Run 10 more squares.

Furious as it's prey flees to higher ground the wolf in combat with The Gnome ignore's the pack leader's heed and scrabbles it's way onto the roof and snaps at him, claws slashing his arm then glances about, puzzled at the Gnome's disappearance when it can still smell his scent before fixing eyes on Daig.
    Direwolf 4
    Movement action: Shift to I16.
    Standard action: Claw The Gnome

Attack roll: 1d20+12 vs AC = 31.Damage roll: 1d8+5 = 11.

Faced with Ronen's fiery sword and the tide of battle turning in it's opponent's favour the remaining Wolflord echoes the call of the wolf Krikkit had been fighting. The wolves surrounding Ronen each snap at him then begin to back away from the shed, forming a line between the party and the mansion. The reason for this becomes clear as the Wolflord blurs once more to human form, swings a leg over a nearby wolf and follows it's companion back towards the mansion, the wolves' skirmish line now blocking pursuit.
    Direwolf 6
    Standard action: Bite Gaston.
    Attack roll: 1d20+14 vs AC = 26. Miss.
    Minor action: Shift to D7.
    Movement action: Move to A12.

Direwolf 5
    Standard action: Bite Ronen.
    Attack roll: 1d20+14 vs AC = 32. Hit!
    Damage roll: 2d8+5 = 11 and Ronen is knocked prone again.

Minor action: Shift to B9.
    Movement action: Move to A15

Direwolf 7

Attack roll: 1d20+14 vs AC = 33. Hit.
    Damage roll: 2d8+5 = 11

Minor action: Shift to A12.
    Movement action: Move to A18.

Werewolf Lord 2
    Movement action: Stand up.
    Minor action: Shapeshift to Human Form.
    Standard action: Mount Direwolf 2 .

Direwolf 2
    Minor action: Shift to C14
    Standard action: Run 10 squares towards the mansion.
    Movement action: Run 10 more squares towards the mansion.

Man all I could do is roll 11s for damage that round.

Pretty sure everything is right, just let me know if I missed someone's damage or an effect.

Stats:
    Ronen
    HP: 76/104 Prone
    AC 28; Fort 21; Reflex 23; Will 22

Foghorn
    HP: 83/83
    AC 25; Fort 19; Reflex 20; Will 23

Daig
    HP: 81/81
    AC 26; Fort 20; Reflex 25; Will 24

Krikkit
    HP: 80/83 +10 Temp HP Moon Frenzy (Saving throw at end of the encounter)
    AC 29; Fort 27; Reflex 28; Will 27
    Resist 5 Fire, +2 AC with CA against the target, +1 AC from At Will Movements.

The Gnome
    HP: 84/95
    AC 27; Fort 27; Reflex 24; Will 23

Gaston
    HP: 98
    AC: 29 Fort: 29 Reflex: 29 Will: 24
    Surges: 2 Surge Value: 24

Vicious Dire Wolf 4
    HP: 37/83 Bloodied
    AC 21; Fortitude 20, Reflex 19, Will 18
    Combat Advantage: The dire wolf gains combat advantage against a target that has one or more of the dire wolf's allies adjacent to it. If the dire wolf has combat advantage against the target, the target is also knocked prone on a hit.
    Pack Hunter (while mounted by a friendly rider of 5th level or higher; at will) ✦ Mount
    The dire wolf's rider gains combat advantage against an enemy if it has at least one ally other than its mount adjacent to the target.

Vicious Dire Wolf 5
    HP: 19/83 (Marked by Ronen) Bloodied
    AC 21; Fortitude 20, Reflex 19, Will 18 (-2 AC & Fort)
    Combat Advantage: The dire wolf gains combat advantage against a target that has one or more of the dire wolf's allies adjacent to it. If the dire wolf has combat advantage against the target, the target is also knocked prone on a hit.
    Pack Hunter (while mounted by a friendly rider of 5th level or higher; at will) ✦ Mount
    The dire wolf's rider gains combat advantage against an enemy if it has at least one ally other than its mount adjacent to the target.

Vicious Dire Wolf 6
    HP: 64/83 (Marked by Ronen)

Vicious Dire Wolf 7
    HP: 18/83 Bloodied

Map:
    [OrchardAmbush-Round4Scaled.jpg

Area Features:
    Building: This stone structure is half buried in the ground. A single door at the western end gives access to the cramped, dank interior. The eaves of the slate roof are about 2 feet above the ground. The roof slopes upward to a ridge that runs the length of the structure. The roof ’s peak is about 2 feet higher than the eaves.

With a DC 10 Athletics check, a creature can hop up on the roof as part of normal movement; otherwise it takes an extra square of movement to clamber up. A creature standing atop the building has combat advantage against foes of its size or smaller. However, the creature must make a DC 20 Acrobatics check at the end of its turn to avoid slipping on the mossy tiles. If the check fails, that creature lands prone in a randomly determined square adjacent to the building, even one occupied by another creature.

The building provides cover if line of effect or line of sight for an attack passes through the roof ’s ridge, even when a creature is standing on the roof.

Gully: This feature is 25 feet deep and choked with briars. A fall into the gully deals 2d10 damage. The gully’s walls are steep and crumbling, requiring a DC 25 Athletics check to climb out.

Undergrowth: Only areas with dense foliage are shown on the map. (The green clumps at C5, K12, L20 and Q26) They are choked with weeds, fallen branches, and saplings. These areas are difficult terrain. A creature can drop prone to gain cover any movement other than crawling negates this cover.

Who's up: Ronen, Krikkit, Foghorn, Daig, The Gnome On Deck: Dire Wolveses

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Umm... how did Ronen and Daig switch places?

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    A wizard did it!

I must have loaded the wrong images when I did the map and not noticed. They are as they were before.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The wolves shift 2?

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The Werewolf Lord's aura allows them to shift as a minor action.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Seeing the one Wolflord scurrying off with his tail between his legs, the Deva's face turns red with fury.

"Cowards! Mongrels! Come back and fight!"

The Swordmage stands up from the 'serious' assault the wolves inflicted on Ronen. He moves up towards the least harmed wolf, and wavrs his one hand once more like he did moments before. Luminescent ropes blast once more out of the Deva's hand, tieing up the adjacent weakened wolves. Though Ronen is a fighter at heart, he knows that his allies come first, and he will settle his score with the retreating Wolflord in due time. The Deva locks his eye with the wolf standing in front of him.

"If you so much as think on running away like your pansy master... then I'll chop off your head!"
    Move Action: Stand up from prone
    Standard -> Move Action: Move to C14
    Minor Action: Aegis Of Assault, marking Dire Wolf 6 and 7

Summary:
    Ronen has stood up and is at C14
    Dire Wolf 6 and 7 are now marked.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Krikkit glares at the retreating wolves, then darts to the left and leaps into the air. He seems to almost float over toward the remaining wolves, but it's probably the illusion of hang time. Upon landing, the monk opens his mouth and a blast of flame escapes, neatly turning one of the wolves into flambé. The monk's powerful stance flows into a punch that staggers another wolf.
    Minor: Shift to F23.
    Move: Fly to C16.
    Standard: Draconic Torrent vs. Vicious Dire Wolveses 5 and 7.

vs. Vicious Dire Wolf 7 1d20+15=16, miss!
    vs. Vicious Dire Wolf 5, 1d20+15=27, hit! for 23 fire damage.

Free: Flurry of Blows vs. Vicious Dire Wolf 7. It takes 6 damage and is slid to A17-B16

Summary
    Vicious Dire Wolf 5 is dead.
    Vicious Dire Wolf 7 is at 12/83. Krikkit gains combat advantage against it and has +2 AC against it until the end of his next turn.

Krikkit is in C16, at 80/83 with 10 temp HP, and has +1 AC until the start of his next turn thanks to Fluid Motion.

Saurfang on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Daig takes careful aim at the wounded wolf, closing one eye and sticking out his tongue. He then looses an arrow.
    Minor: Binding Aim (+6 to next attack)

Grappling Spirits
    Wis v AC
    1d20+23 = 41 do you have to roll if the modifier is higher than the defense? Or do you still miss on a natural 1 in 4e?
    1d12+10 = 20 damage = kilt

The arrow flies straight through the wolfs chest, carrying its heart out the exit wound. Daig then turns to the gnome who is behind him. "I like you, Tatu, but I didn't survive the war by standing still while people brought giant wolves to me." With that he tips his hood to the gnome, and takes off for safer grounds.
    Move to F9

Smoove Operator on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Foghorn noticing the fangs of the dangerously big wolf next to him SILENTLY tactically repositions himself closer to more of his new found allies.
    " Hey Eternal Highlander let the i say let the little chicken help you.Give you a helping wing. Get it? ".
    Then a sticky bolt introduces itself to one of the wolves eyes.

Move : Move to G18
    Minor: Majestic Word on Ronen - 11+26 +6 THP and he gets a save if he has effect. Just sayin.
    Standard : Jinx shot Vs wolf 7 Using spider bolt +1 1d20+17: 35 HIT! 11 Damage and the target is slowed.

Wolf 7 is at 1/83 hp. Ronen is at Full hp with 6 temporary hit points.Foghorn is at G18. If any of my allies kills or bloodies an enemy within 5 range use virtue of valor - +9 Temporary hit points

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I believe the Gnome is next.

Saurfang on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Remaining silent for once, the Gnome backed away from the injured wolf whilst cloaked in deceptive fey magic, before lowering his head and charging straight back into the fray.
    Move Action: walk south to the edge of the roof
    Standard Action:Melee Basic Charge Attack vs Wolf 4's AC: Hits, dealing 25 damage.

Summary; the wolf is on 12HP
    The Gnome is where he started the turn but also has 29AC again, having moved back and charged.

Sorry about the late post guys; came down with hella flu.

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Sorry, just to clarify but you shot and killed wolf 7 right Smoove?

In that case are you happy you shoot number six instead Pepi?

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    "Ha! That's right you beasts, run while you can. I'll mount your pelts on the wall and Gaston never breaks his word!" Making good on the threat Gaston whirls upon the remaining wolf with sword and axe, cleaving deep gashes in it.
    Gaston
    Movement action: Move to C11
    Minor action: Mark Direwolf 6 as quarry.
    Standard action: Twin Strike on Dire Wolf 6.

Attack roll: 1d20+19 vs AC = 30.Hit!
    Damage roll: 1d8+6 = 9.
    Attack roll 2: 1d20+18 vs AC = 24. Hit!
    Damage roll: 1d6+6 = 8.

Hunter's Quarry deals 10 damage.

As Daig flees the roof the Dire Wolf's eyes settle once more on the Gnome and it snaps at him, it's attempts to climb onto the roof stymied by his position. The sligth advantage is enough to prevent it from being able to sink it's long fangs into his arm.
    Direwolf 4
    Standard action: Bite the Gnome.
    Attack roll: 1d20+12 vs AC = 24. Miss.

Staggered by Gaston's attack and uncoordinated by Foghorn's bolt the wolf sidesteps away from Gaston and lashes out at Ronen, catching him unawares and gouging his leg.
    Direwolf 6
    Minor action: Shift to D7.

Attack roll: 1d20+12 vs AC = 32! Crit!
    Damage roll: 1d8+5 = 13.

Almost there.....

I even got the pictures right this time!

Stats:
    Ronen
    HP: 95/104
    AC 28; Fort 21; Reflex 23; Will 22

Foghorn
    HP: 83/83
    AC 25; Fort 19; Reflex 20; Will 23

Daig
    HP: 81/81
    AC 26; Fort 20; Reflex 25; Will 24

Krikkit
    HP: 80/83 +10 Temp HP Moon Frenzy (Saving throw at end of the encounter)
    AC 29; Fort 27; Reflex 28; Will 27
    Resist 5 Fire, +2 AC with CA against the target, +1 AC from At Will Movements.

The Gnome
    HP: 84/95
    AC 27; Fort 27; Reflex 24; Will 23

Gaston
    HP: 98
    AC: 29 Fort: 29 Reflex: 29 Will: 24
    Surges: 2 Surge Value: 24

Vicious Dire Wolf 4
    HP: 12/83 Bloodied
    AC 21; Fortitude 20, Reflex 19, Will 18

Vicious Dire Wolf 6
    HP: 37/83 (Marked by Ronen)

Map:
    [OrchardAmbush-Round5Scaled.jpg

Area Features:
    Building: This stone structure is half buried in the ground. A single door at the western end gives access to the cramped, dank interior. The eaves of the slate roof are about 2 feet above the ground. The roof slopes upward to a ridge that runs the length of the structure. The roof ’s peak is about 2 feet higher than the eaves.

With a DC 10 Athletics check, a creature can hop up on the roof as part of normal movement; otherwise it takes an extra square of movement to clamber up. A creature standing atop the building has combat advantage against foes of its size or smaller. However, the creature must make a DC 20 Acrobatics check at the end of its turn to avoid slipping on the mossy tiles. If the check fails, that creature lands prone in a randomly determined square adjacent to the building, even one occupied by another creature.

The building provides cover if line of effect or line of sight for an attack passes through the roof ’s ridge, even when a creature is standing on the roof.

Gully: This feature is 25 feet deep and choked with briars. A fall into the gully deals 2d10 damage. The gully’s walls are steep and crumbling, requiring a DC 25 Athletics check to climb out.

Undergrowth: Only areas with dense foliage are shown on the map. (The green clumps at C5, K12, L20 and Q26) They are choked with weeds, fallen branches, and saplings. These areas are difficult terrain. A creature can drop prone to gain cover any movement other than crawling negates this cover.

Who's up: Ronen, Krikkit, Foghorn, Daig, The Gnome On Deck: Dire Wolveses

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hey Kelor, would you allow the Enduring Champion power to save against Moon Frenzy?
    You can make a saving throw against one effect that a save can end, with a bonus equal to your Wisdom modifier.

Saurfang on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Vaguely disappointed that the big doggie wasn't nearly as good a fighter as it looked, the Gnome took a frustrated, if slightly contemptuous, swing at the beast's head, severing the jaw that had just tried to snap his arm off, before unleashing a howl fit to match the wolfpack's own as a sign of his victory.

Looking around he then spotted the last remaining wolf, running towards it ready to strike if survived the other attacks already heading toward it.
    Standard Action:Shift to H14 with Pressing Strike vs AC: 1d20+17 33 1d8+8+4 dealing 13 damage, killing it and shoving the corpse back one square (it slithers off the edge).
    Free action: Roar of Triumph; enemies within 5 get -2 to all defences until EoMNT.

Summary:
    Wolf4 is dead.
    Wolf6 is at -2 all
    The Gnome is @C12

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ronen laughs at the pathetic attempts of the wolf's meager bite.

"Hahaha! You call that pitiful attempt a bite?!" Ronen swings his blade around, and brings it down on the hapless beast.

"THIS is how you 'sink your teeth' on an opponent! Learn it well, for it looks like this will be your final lesson! If you run off, be prepared to face the consequences!" Ronen left the threat as it is, hoping even the dumb wolf will realize his mistake should it flee.

The Deva smiles smugly, knowing that his team have defeated and routed these wolves.
    Standard Action: Blazing Pursuit on Werewolf Lord 2
    Attack Roll: 21 vs. AC Hit!
    Damage Roll: 8 fire damage, and if the target is within 5 squares of me at the end of it's next turn, I teleport adjacent to it as a free action.

Summary:
    Ronen strikes Direwolf 6 for 8 fire damage (29/83)
    If the wolf ends his movement within 5 squares of me, I teleport next to him as a free action.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    It's immaterial because I missed!

Krikkit moves closer to the wolf, but the woozy kobold doesn't manage to land a blow.
    Move Action: Move to A14.
    Standard ACtion: Enduring Champion vs. Fort 1d20+15=17, miss!

Summary: Krikkit is in A14, looking embarassed.

Saurfang on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Foghorn looks completely giddy about the fortunate turn of the battle. Arming his crossbow the kenku goes for the one liner:
    "IT ENDS TONIGHT" The bolt slices through the air, hitting the wolf right in the chest.

Standard action : Jinx shot vs The last wolf - 1d20+17: 33
    HIT !12 Damage.
    Minor action - Look cool (Also known as Cool face Google it)
    12 Damage to wolf 6.If it misses it falls prone.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Daig draws another arrow, staring down the last remaining wolf. "Doesn't hardly seem sporting at this point..."
    Grappling Spirits v W6
    Wis v AC
    1d20+17 = 26 hit
    17 damage
    Deadz

The arrow flies true, and the Wolf stands sputtering blood for a second before it falls over dead. Daig spits.

Smoove Operator on

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Okay, so we're out of combat!

Feel free to spend any healing surges to top yourselves up and we'll continue.

Oh and if you could list how many surges you have remaining too.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Save vs. Moon Frenzy: failure! What happens now, I ask with trepidation?

Saurfang on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    You turn into a werewolf and we have to give you "mercy" - if you could just kneel over there with your neck on that convenient rock, we can get started....

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ronen isn't going to spend a healing surge (spend a 26 HP healing surge to heal 9 hp? I don't think so!)

HS remaining: 8/9

Also: Does it count as an unarmed strike to punch Daig in the face for that stray arrow thing?

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Daig is shifty, you talk like connecting with that punch is a forgone conclusion :winky:

Smoove Operator on

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Oh, and Krikkit has 9/10 surges left.

Saurfang on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Can i examine if the wolves' pelts or teeth might be valuable for a trophy or otherwise to hunters taxidermists or leatherworkers?

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Daig is fine on healing, no change in surges. He will however rock a perception check on anything the wolves left behind. Clues to origin/where they're going/valuables etc.

Perception: 1d20+18 =38...eyes like a half-crazed hawk

Daig examines a wolf carcass. He tears off a piece of fur, and smells it first, before licking it. "Still fresh, someone just killed these wolves..."

Smoove Operator on

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Following Daig's lead, the Gnome also sets to examining the carcass of the wolf he killed, intent on learning how they got so big.

Whoop. Forgot the thing; No surge-spending here. 10 of 10 left.
    And: Nature check to figure out why the doggies are so big.: 26

Also, for future character development reasons, would you permit the importation of a Talenta Sharrash (or re-skinned local equivalent) for the Gnome?

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Save vs. Moon Frenzy: failure! What happens now, I ask with trepidation?

You have contracted Moon Frenzy. At the moment you take a -2 penalty to your will. At the end of a fight, particularly arduous task or the end of an extended rest you make another check. I don't have the DC on me, but you make an endurance check (or someone can make a healing check in place of the Endurance check) and it will either get better, get worse or remain the same. I'll post up more detailed information once I get home.

Also: Does it count as an unarmed strike to punch Daig in the face for that stray arrow thing?

Unarmed. If you belt him with a tree branch its improvised.

Can i examine if the wolves' pelts or teeth might be valuable for a trophy or otherwise to hunters taxidermists or leatherworkers?

The size of the pelts is unusually large, they would be of interest to either of two professions since each is large enough to provide several garments. The teeth not so much so, but they're almost 12 inches long so the size if nothing else they would give someone pause. Gaston is in the process of skinning one for his wall already.

Clues to origin/where they're going/valuables etc.

Perception: 1d20+18 =38...eyes like a half-crazed hawk

Daig examines a wolf carcass. He tears off a piece of fur, and smells it first, before licking it. "Still fresh, someone just killed these wolves..."

The burrs and twigs matting their fur match those of the brush in the estate, Daig can fairly comfortably say that they've been residing here for some time now. There are a few more cultivated looking sprigs of green mixed in but you can't guess as what sort of bush they were from.

Following Daig's lead, the Gnome also sets to examining the carcass of the wolf he killed, intent on learning how they got so big.

Nature check to figure out why the doggies are so big.: 26

There is nothing unnatural about the wolves from what the gnome can see. This particular breed of Dire Wolf is far more intelligent than a normal wolf but is not seen in this region normally. While wolves hunt in a pack it's unusual for them to have two pack leaders as this group did.

Also, for future character development reasons, would you permit the importation of a Talenta Sharrash (or re-skinned local equivalent) for the Gnome?

Sure. This is an everything goes setting (actually the bigger the better!) so go for it.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Krikkit feels as if his hair is standing on end. The problem is, he doesn't have any hair. "It is said that when one is bitten by a wolf, one must refrain from sticking one's hand in a wolf's mouth." He considered that for a moment. "Not an option in our present situation, but still good advice."

Saurfang on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Foghorn goes next to one of the carcasses kicks it lightly to check if the beast is dead, then proceeds to skinning and defanging the wolf collecting both while singing happily - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noYptXPHiAE&feature=related

After finishing he yells at Gaston:
    " HEY GANSON HANDS OFF THE CARCASS I CALLED DIBS"

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    "Gee, none of the stories I know mention these things hanging around here. Or having two bosses like that" pronounced the Gnome, looking up from his examination briefly before adding, brightly "but all of them say they make excellent hats!" as he bent to skin his 'own' wolf.

Mr_Rose on