As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What a way to go (slide guy update pg. 9)

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Uriel wrote: »
    [
    We are training and equipping a generation to bring the love and power of Jesus into the darkest places of planet Earth and establish Holy Spirit fortifications there.

It this involves swords and fire I am so there.

FUCK YES

I love angels man.

Too bad this involves this shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW2kaRP3EtI&feature=related

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    GeoMitchGeoMitch Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    did you quit Mazzio's?

GeoMitch on
    Gamertag: GeoMtch Steam Google+
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Our dish machine broke and in the middle of lunch rush on a hot-as-fuck August Saturday me and another guy had to wash dishes by hand in the double basin sink in the kitchen.

Our GM was clearly pissed and thought we were doing a shoddy job so he came over and started to rail on us telling us how terrible we were at cleaning the dishes.

So the other dude I'm working with just loses his shit - rips off his shirt and throws it right in the GMs face - and backs out the door screaming "FUCK YOU KEVIN YOU PIECE OF SHIT - FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!" both middle fingers straight up.

He backed his way totally out of the restaurant screaming the whole way.

That was the best way I saw anybody go out.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    No, the restaurant deserved it. Spent 8 years scouting Boston and they chose one of the worst locations to open a proven concept restaurant which despite this, was slowly improving month by month. But instead the CEO, CFO, and President flew out to our place on the OUR dime to tell us we were closing before jetting back off to their mansions in California. Best part was how they were laughing about it as they told us, but also let us know they were originally planning on not even giving us notice and just closing the day they arrived, but decided to give us the "courtesy" of two weeks notice. Ironically, the CEO got fired (whose bitch daughter used to come in all the time and try to order drinks on her fake ID and then bitched until we called daddy to set her straight) got fired for allowing 3 restaurants including ours to close on his watch.
    I think people were saying that screwing up the fixtures for the next owners was a dick move.

But, yeah, fuck that place.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    [
    We are training and equipping a generation to bring the love and power of Jesus into the darkest places of planet Earth and establish Holy Spirit fortifications there.

It this involves swords and fire I am so there.

FUCK YES

I love angels man.

Too bad this involves this shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW2kaRP3EtI&feature=related

EXTERMINATUS

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Crashmo wrote: »
    When I quit Mazzio's pizza the manager offered me a dollar raise and infinite free pizza to stay

man that's a good deal

you could have fucking haggled the shit out of that if he just straight offered that deal

Raneados on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    No, the restaurant deserved it. Spent 8 years scouting Boston and they chose one of the worst locations to open a proven concept restaurant which despite this, was slowly improving month by month. But instead the CEO, CFO, and President flew out to our place on the OUR dime to tell us we were closing before jetting back off to their mansions in California. Best part was how they were laughing about it as they told us, but also let us know they were originally planning on not even giving us notice and just closing the day they arrived, but decided to give us the "courtesy" of two weeks notice. Ironically, the CEO got fired (whose bitch daughter used to come in all the time and try to order drinks on her fake ID and then bitched until we called daddy to set her straight) got fired for allowing 3 restaurants including ours to close on his watch.

And what did the people who would be opening the restaurant do to deserve this punishment?

The people who would have to deal with this mess when it was simply meant to be re-opened as is?

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Aphostile wrote: »
    I dunno how JetBlue is but at Continental the job actually pays pretty well once you rack up some seniority

My mom makes about $50 an hour and has almost total control over how many hours she works

Pretty nice. Probably lots of cool perks like free flights and benefits and all that jazz.

Don't most (all?) flights have marshals or something now? Wouldn't that prevent altercations like this from even taking place? In all the flights I've taken I just can't imagine anyone getting so worked up that something like this would happen.

Pretty much every flight had a Marshall right after 9/11, but that's been slowly petering out over the last nine years. They're not that common anymore other than international flights I think.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    fallout, how the hell is running from the cops an exit plan?

you want out, run at them

suicide by cop?

worked for a friend of mine

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I haven't really had a real job yet
    so I can't really have an awesome exit
    this is disappointing

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Also this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7_5T_V1IUc

This guy is apparently a graduate of their "school"

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    When I quit Mazzio's pizza the manager offered me a dollar raise and infinite free pizza to stay

man that's a good deal

you could have fucking haggled the shit out of that if he just straight offered that deal

mazzio's pizza is awful

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've only had two jobs and I left both of them on good terms

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i mean this company CLOSED this place and sold it

they're only only people on EARTH not going to open it

you fucked over every person on earth EXCEPT the people to claim to want to fuck over

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I was also working at a KFC/Taco Bell that was literally right next door and took free pizza to them all the time anyway

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    this is disappointing

how have you not had a job yet?

aren't you close to 18 now?
    you are the young one, right?

natek on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    natek wrote: »
    yeah
    you kinda fucked with a the people who were buying an available restaurant

not very nice

Actually we were fucking over the property owners who were part of the reason we were closing. The location was a revolving doors of restaurants and on several occasions they decided to force several restaurants out for not "fitting the aesthetic of the Prudential center." They wanted to close the entrance through which we got most of our foot traffic as well as access to the office tower above where we got most of our daytime business because Boston Properties believed this foot traffic was diminishing the value of the building. Also when we moved in, they assured us the floors were waterproof in the kitchen. Oh no. They were not. Somewhere along the lines of 70,000 bucks worth of repairs needed. Oh and they kept jacking up the rent for the entire building. Nothing like 1.5 million a year. A law firm spanning 7 floors of the building decided to relocate because those fucking lizards were being so unreasonable.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

man that's a good deal

mazzio's pizza is awful

could have transferred that to a dollar amount

I've never had mazzio's pizza

I've never even heard of mazzio's

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

you fucked over every person on earth EXCEPT the people to claim to want to fuck over

New plan, find those mansions
    we must right what was made wrong

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Unless they're going to change out the furniture, which is more than likely considering the last place was a concept restaurant.

I mean, you don't open up a restaurant with the same decor as the restaurant that failed in the exact same place as before.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think people were saying that screwing up the fixtures for the next owners was a dick move.

Yes.

Property damage for the sake of property damage is pretty lame. Especially when the new owners come in and just go... "Fuck"

Maybe you could've broken some windows on the CEO/CFO's cars or something, then I might be behind all the destructive shenanigans.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    AgentofOrangeAgentofOrange Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My friend worked at a blockbuster in a shitty corner of the town. He got, apparently, too many dumb ass customers with terrible tastes in movies. One night when he was working along with his manager and no one else he stormed out in a silent rage, only to return to the parking lot with a bottle of Jack Daniels. He stayed there for about 40 min cursing and shouting at people going in the store while doing his damndest to become as belligerently drunk as possible.
    I never really found out how he escaped any shit from that, other than he made a hasty escape with a friends car as his manager finally came out of the store to make some sort of threat.

AgentofOrange on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    yeah

not very nice

Actually we were fucking over the property owners who were part of the reason we were closing. The location was a revolving doors of restaurants and on several occasions they decided to force several restaurants out for not "fitting the aesthetic of the Prudential center." They wanted to close the entrance through which we got most of our foot traffic as well as access to the office tower above where we got most of our daytime business because Boston Properties believed this foot traffic was diminishing the value of the building. Also when we moved in, they assured us the floors were waterproof in the kitchen. Oh no. They were not. Somewhere along the lines of 70,000 bucks worth of repairs needed. Oh and they kept jacking up the rent for the entire building. Nothing like 1.5 million a year. A law firm spanning 7 floors of the building decided to relocate because those fucking lizards were being so unreasonable.

they'll transfer the cost of whatever you did to whoever takes it next

and probably make a profit on it

again, you fuck over every single person EXCEPT the people you're trying to fuck over

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Another time at the restaurant I work at two guys quit at the same time - both of them dish-washers.

They worked together and decided "fuck it - we're out of here" they let dishes pile up their whole shift. Didn't touch a thing - then just walked out the back door after like four hours.

Our GM realized they quit after like two minutes and chased them down an alley screaming at them to come back and do some dishes.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    yeah

not very nice

oh this was in Boston?

yeah, fuck that place up good

natek on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    this is disappointing

how have you not had a job yet?

aren't you close to 18 now?
    you are the young one, right?

I just make up excuses and whine and be a little bitch
    I am doing a gardening thing with a friend of mine, got the first check today
    I think this is the first time I have made money from someone I don't know...

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Another time at the same restaurant a dishwasher put in his two weeks notice when he got a new job - and on the very last night he was supposed to work - with about 2 hours left on his shift - he went on break and never came back.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010

man that's a good deal

mazzio's pizza is awful

could have transferred that to a dollar amount

I've never had mazzio's pizza

I've never even heard of mazzio's

It's a fairly big chain, pretty near to Pizza Hut around here. The job really wasn't worth haggling for, though.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    it's kind of a dick move to storm out of a job and leave people who are actually trying to do their jobs to pick up the slack

it's a huge dick move actually

I did it because NOBODY there was worth staying for. They were all shitty workers, shitty bosses, shitty cooks, and just generally lazy as hell

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    My dream of quitting is to go into the kitchen in the middle of a Monday afternoon when i am there by myself - take a big shit in the chili kettle - put on a bag of hot-dog sauce and leave.

no one would ever know.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    and it shows, because they had to CLOSE after losing one employee

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    My brother and I stormed out on an overnight oilfield inspection job on a horribly busy night, that was pretty fun. No way those dudes were finished by 6am.

Dang it felt great.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    where is the geek?

I have been watching buttloads of Phineas and Ferb

natek on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    When I quit at Walmart the guy in charge of scheduling evidently never got my two weeks notice from the personnel people I gave it to

so I was scheduled to work another week but was told not to worry about it

I briefly considered coming in to clock in and out for that week and get some free money

but then I decided that that was stupid for a large number of reasons and didn't do that, principle among them that it wouldn't work at all and I was dumb for even considering it

and that is the closest thing to an interesting quitting story I have.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    My dream of quitting is to go into the kitchen in the middle of a Monday afternoon when i am there by myself - take a big shit in the chili kettle - put on a bag of hot-dog sauce and leave.

no one would ever know.

Ron that would be all over the news. :lol:

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I've been fired from one job.

If I had to do it again, knowing what I know now, I'd have told every owner there to go fuck themselves.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    When I quit my Shell station job I was offered a buck raise, and then got another on top of that to go back three months later, pretty sweet

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    What I'm getting at people is that I'm a great employee

Hire me

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I worked an 11 hour shift, 10 hours without a break as a waiter. It was busy as hell, and then we had to pack up the entire function room and completely reprepare it

I couldn't walk properly, I was actually near falling over

but I didn't walk out because the boss was at least nice, and it had to be done

The Black Hunter on