We have a new update on The Future of the Penny Arcade Forums.

Two Worlds 2

• OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I just ran into a glitch where a guy I was supposed to kill went immortal. His health bar was at zero, but he wouldn't die no matter how many times I hit him.

This quest is starting to frustrate me.
    Is it Prescott Cormic? Cause I've been having an issue with him. Apparently you have to load up a save from before taking the quest to fix it.
    Ah hell.

I really do not feel like doing that.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've reached I guess what is almost the end of the game (just got out of the Swamp), and I can't seem to find anymore quests via Job Boards. The only rep 'questline' that I've finished is the Mages one, while all the others are sitting in the 90's/100 right now.

Did I miss a job board or something? The only three that I know of are in the Mage Guild Tower, in New Ashos and outside of Hatmandor. So what gives?

Loathing on
  • Samm1chSamm1ch Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Loathing wrote: »
    I've reached I guess what is almost the end of the game (just got out of the Swamp), and I can't seem to find anymore quests via Job Boards. The only rep 'questline' that I've finished is the Mages one, while all the others are sitting in the 90's/100 right now.

Did I miss a job board or something? The only three that I know of are in the Mage Guild Tower, in New Ashos and outside of Hatmandor. So what gives?
    There's a job board in the Swallows, from before the catastrophe. The jobs don't give any reward, but they still count toward the guild rep. I don't remember exactly where it is, but I think it's in the old university ruins.

For the Thieves' Guild, there is a quest-giver named Scythe in the Hatmandor/Cheznaddar sewer; she is somewhat off the beaten path. Also, you may have killed her in a previous storyline quest, in which case you're SOL Here is a link to a list of all the guild quests you need for 100/100.

Samm1ch on
    steam_sig.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Blain wrote: »
    Yeah. TopWare backed off that already according to Destructoid's source Beefjack. Destructoid just hasn't updated.

http://beefjack.com/news/topware-denies-blacklisting-allegations-more-info-leaks-in/

EDIT: Also, TopWare's head of U.S. marketing (James Seaman) has been apologizing for what happened in the comments of the Destructoid post. "My team needs to take a step back as the UK has been pretty harsh on our game, but such is life. I will make sure that nothing like this ever happens again, but some of my guys have put their heart and soul into this game and just need to take a step back."

They messed up. But it looks like they're cleaning it up.

EDIT 2: Huh. I guess Destructoid did update. They just thought TopWare's response was a denial where I saw it more as an explanation for why they did wrong. Regardless, I think we can all agree that "I will make sure that nothing like this ever happens again" is a pretty concrete statement of guilt and contrition.

Now if only they release a statement and explain when the heck the UK Steam market gets the game.

Props for admitting to the BS though. Atleast they came clean, which is more than what can be said of some studios.

Big Classy on
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Did you finish the arena for the Fighter's guild?

Kakodaimonos on
  • LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Did you finish the arena for the Fighter's guild?

Yes - and thanks for that link earlier. Turns out I missed the job board at the Old University, but right now I'm still missing 100/100 for the merchant and thieves guild.

Also, the Fortune and Glory achievement (25 dungeons) can go fuck a hat. Beat the game, found everything (according to the online released map) and I still only have 18/25.

Loathing on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Where can I find more cards or magic skill books early on? I don't really have enough uses for my skillpoints at the moment.

captaink on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mages Guild

Sir Carcass on
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Alright, I am loving this game way more than I thought I would. I mean, I was pretty sure I would enjoy it despite it's flaws (I'm good at that) but honestly there aren't nearly as many flaws as I actually thought there'd be, and it's just better, in general, than I was expecting. It's kind of blowing my mind.

I'm around level 20, still on the big Savannah island wrapping up every quest I can find before going forward. This plan was working really well for me, but I was a little curious when I would get the skill books to unlock certain skills that seemed important, until I accidentally did a story mission and by the end of it I had like 3 or 4 new skill books. Maybe I should have done that one first afterall. :P

Echoing what's been said by others before about how most of the armor and clothing looks really stupid, no matter what color you dye it. I do love that you can customize your equipment like that though.

The way the game doesn't take itself too seriously and is more than happy to make fun of it's self w/r/t typical gaming tropes is really refreshing to me. It feels good to play a deep, complicated RPG and still be able to laugh at every other line.

Anyway, I'm really glad I bought it. During the first ten minutes or so I was sort of questioning my purchase due to the at times janky graphics, the frame rate drops, the bad VA/writing/translation, and the drunken way the camera wobbles when you look around; but all of these things faded to the periphery rather quickly, allowing me to enjoy all the good things about it.

I'd actually recommend this game to people, which I wasn't necessarily expecting.

hatedinamerica on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think my favorite thing about this game is it's sense of humor about itself, and the genre in general.

For instance, the guy that sends you off to murder the apes that stole his tools. The resolution to that seriously had me laughing at how absurd it was, and how it wasn't at all what I expected.

Mr Pink on
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    I think my favorite thing about this game is it's sense of humor about itself, and the genre in general.

For instance, the guy that sends you off to murder the apes that stole his tools. The resolution to that seriously had me laughing at how absurd it was, and how it wasn't at all what I expected.

Oh yeah. I like how he says he was hinting at you the whole time. I was tempted to re-do the quest and see the outcome if I went that route, but I didn't.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is there any other way to complete
    The quest to bring food to the people of Bayan besides usurping Alima's leadership?

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
    edited February 2011
    Beltaine wrote: »
    The quest to bring food to the people of Bayan besides usurping Alima's leadership?

Speaking of which, let's say, hypothetically, a certain someone misplaced his horse....how am I supposed to do that quest if the Call Horse function only works if your horse is, like, right next to you?

When I see that there's a "call horse" button I assume it calls it to me from wherever it is, not that it brings it from 20 feet away to 2 feet away, and that's it. Bad idea, that.

hatedinamerica on
  • Samm1chSamm1ch Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Beltaine wrote: »
    You can fight and kill Selen (the local crime boss-ess on top of the island tower). Depending on what level you are, this may be pretty difficult. She killed me in two hits, but after a couple reloads I was able to hit & run enough to wear her down.

This choice will also lead to another short quest once you get to Hatmandor.

Samm1ch on
    steam_sig.png
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wait...there's a call horse button? :(

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Heir wrote: »
    Wait...there's a call horse button? :(

Yup, and they went the realistic route... you whistle, and if your horse is too far to hear it, he won't show up.

Ratsult2 on
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, but I have the same problem as hatedinamerica, the call horse button seems to have a 20 foot radius. All but useless.

captaink on
    edited February 2011
    There's a horseshoe icon on the map that shows where your horse is.

Dyvion on
    edited February 2011
    Ok I found the mages' guild and blew all my money on cards.

Now I'm overwhelmed with all the stuff I can make and a little bit confused.

captaink on
    edited February 2011
    You just unlocked the best part of the game! In chapter 1 at least!

I love my fireball that rains anvils.

and my missile with a whirlwind finish that flings bodies and rocks and etc. around.

and my ice ball that blinds.

and my water walking.

and my scorpion/spider/skeleton/earth elemental/varn/scapalari or whatever summons. Love those too.

e: Clarified 'in chapter 1' statement. I haven't left chapter one... still running around doing quests and blowing dudes up and exploring caves.

spoiler for outside Cheznaddar:
    I wish I could further develop the craftsman coop thing.

Dyvion on
  • DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I got this off Steam the other day, because while I've seen the 360 version in stores, I haven't seen the PC version anywhere. Anyway, I went pure mage, leaning heavily on Water spells with just enough fire and air to use some of the other spells. Is it better to try and focus on one or two elements, or spread that around evenly? I've been dumping most of my other skill points into the magic support skills (battle clarity, wisdom, etc), with some more in the crafting skills so I can use all these gems I've been finding.

Dartboy on
    edited February 2011
    You get so many skill points it won't hurt you to raise them all. I've got 7 points in Air/Water/Fire right now and -finally- just found an earth book. (Stupid earth book was hiding from me)

I'm gonna gem for the last three points in each and focus my points in other areas now. Probably crafting areas and flesh out the rest of my magic skills. Sitting at 7 points in lockpick too.

Dyvion on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    EDIT: Also, TopWare's head of U.S. marketing (James Seaman) has been apologizing for what happened in the comments of the Destructoid post. "My team needs to take a step back as the UK has been pretty harsh on our game, but such is life. I will make sure that nothing like this ever happens again, but some of my guys have put their heart and soul into this game and just need to take a step back."

What the fuck? The only reviews I read were from European publications and they all loved the game.

Magic Pink on
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Magic Pink wrote: »

What the fuck? The only reviews I read were from European publications and they all loved the game.

I thought even Destructoid liked the game. I'm confused.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ALso where's the goddamn UK Steam version already!?

Not that I can afford it anyway. Fucking 'puters. *shakes fist*

Big Classy on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So this seems like Marrowind in a lot of ways.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited February 2011
    So this seems like Marrowind in a lot of ways.

It actually reminds me of Morrowind in a lot of ways. Yet it doesn't feel like Oblivion to me. I consider that a good thing.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I hated Marrowind.

At least this game's fight mechanics aren't terrible.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I hated Marrowind.

Yeah, me too. Morrowind was pretty good, though.

Sir Carcass on
    edited February 2011
    I hated Marrowind.

:lol: I thought Morrowind was pretty great. Awesome quests, huge world to explore, way cooler looking than traditional fantasy settings. The fight mechanics did suck though.

That and those flying dudes...crap can't even remember their names now.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Heir wrote: »
    I hated Marrowind.

:lol: I thought Morrowind was pretty great. Awesome quests, huge world to explore, way cooler looking than traditional fantasy settings. The fight mechanics did suck though.

That and those flying dudes...crap can't even remember their names now.

Morrowind is my favorite PC game. Melee combat is kind of boring though, true. I prefer archery (without the crosshair... that just fucks you up) and getting those nasty sneak attacks. Magic is also pretty hilariously good.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
    edited February 2011
    I don't like games where I have to break them to get to anything interesting

Zen Vulgarity on
  • BayesianBayesian Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just started. I really enjoy the game. However, this voice acting... it's just attrocious.

Bayesian on
    edited February 2011
    So last night I actually realized the full potential of the magic system here. I was wondering what those extra spell amulets were doing below my spells in the spell crafting screen :P

How foolish I've been putting only 1 point into Willpower every level up so far! I'm pretty much gonna be invisible and buffed at all times from now on, preferably with a Dark Knight assissant to help me.

I love this game. I think I actually like it more than Oblivion, which is saying something because I freaking loved Oblivion.

...and I haven't even gotten past the Savannah island yet. :shock:

hatedinamerica on
  • BayesianBayesian Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wow, so is the horse supposed to be this awful or am I missing something? Lol

Bayesian on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well, I'm sure it's not supposed to be awful, but it sure is.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Bayesian wrote: »
    However, this voice acting... it's just attrocious.
    No, it's not. The voice acting in White Gold: War in Paradise is atrocious.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2011
    Bayesian wrote: »
    Wow, so is the horse supposed to be this awful or am I missing something? Lol

It's been mentioned before, but its' worth repeating. When on horseback, only hold the 'w' key and use the mouse to steer and space to jump. Don't hit A or S at all. It improves the experience somewhat.

Dyvion on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    But it is still awful, so don't expect that to make it amazing or anything.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There are a few console commands you can use to improve horse-riding a bit, but it's still not great.

Zilla360 on