We have a new update on The Future of the Penny Arcade Forums.

Two Worlds 2

• HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dyvion wrote: »
    Ok. This weird dungeon is almost directly east of Bayan. There's a wall of cliffs that leads directly south from the road that extends east out of Bayan. It's halfway between each end of the cliff on the west side. If you exit Bayan on the south side, then walk east under the bridge there, then keep going east you should be able to see it. There's a small rock face directly after the bridge, then open savanah all the way to the cliff face where the door is. There's no name on the map for this dungeon. I found several switches that open doors into the dungeon, and I found a cave like area, and a mausoleum of sorts... and a library. I haven't fully explored it. The giant scorpions eat my lunch.

Sweet. Will check it out after work. I love exploring places like that. One of my favorite parts of Morrowind was that.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited February 2011
    Checked it out. It's a bit easier when you're level 21. :) Anyways, that teleport just takes you to a lower level basically. Some cool looking areas, but not really anything to be found. No chests or anything. Eventually you take a cave back up to the beginning of the first level where that dead knight mage was behind the bars. There's a switch to open the door.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    When the most accurate description you can come up with is "dead knight mage", I'll leave the fucking door shut, thank you.

Docshifty on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Docshifty wrote: »
    When the most accurate description you can come up with is "dead knight mage", I'll leave the fucking door shut, thank you.

Huh? What do you mean? Dead Knights are a type of undead monster. Some of them are mages, some have swords or tabars, some have bows.

Magic Pink on
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Finally found the skill book that lets you add more carrier cards to a spell.

Basically any damaging spell + blind makes the game easymode.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Huh? What do you mean? Dead Knights are a type of undead monster. Some of them are mages, some have swords or tabars, some have bows.

I think he means more that a dead knight mage isn't something he wants to find.

Mr Pink on
    edited February 2011
    Mr Pink wrote: »

I think he means more that a dead knight mage isn't something he wants to find.

Ah. 'Cept they is wusses. :rotate:

Magic Pink on
    edited February 2011
    The fact that the merchants change items is kind of frustrating. Like, seeing a book I need, getting the money for it, and having it be gone when I get back. Why has no game with rotating inventories ever had a 'layaway' option, where you can put a down payment on an item to hold it there until you pay for the rest?

I'm just grumpy because I really wanted that summoning book.

Mr Pink on
    edited February 2011
    The fact that the merchants change items is kind of frustrating. Like, seeing a book I need, getting the money for it, and having it be gone when I get back. Why has no game with rotating inventories ever had a 'layaway' option, where you can put a down payment on an item to hold it there until you pay for the rest?

The items can actually vanish while you're looking at the inventory. That seems a poorly implemented idea.

Magic Pink on
    edited February 2011

The items can actually vanish while you're looking at the inventory. That seems a poorly implemented idea.

I think It might even be more bearable if I didn't have to run around the city eight times to find magic stuff because the merchants are all spread out everywhere and shouting at me and eeeghhh

Mr Pink on
    edited February 2011
    The buy/sell system is pretty poor in general. Selling items is a pain in the ass. There's no quick buy or quick sell button.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just break down everything anyway.

Selling is very rare.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited February 2011
    I do too, except for things where I know I won't need the components...like bows. I have more wood than I could ever use, and my guy is pure melee. After a while it's easier to just sell. Money isn't exactly a problem though...I'm lvl 28 and have something like 250,000 auras.

Still, not a fan of the system's inherit clumsiness.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Heir wrote: »
    I do too, except for things where I know I won't need the components...like bows. I have more wood than I could ever use, and my guy is pure melee. After a while it's easier to just sell. Money isn't exactly a problem though...I'm lvl 28 and have something like 250,000 auras.

I haven't tried the option to turn off confirmations in the options menu, but I'm already getting tired of them.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
    edited February 2011
    brynstar wrote: »

I haven't tried the option to turn off confirmations in the options menu, but I'm already getting tired of them.

Except sometimes when I sell it rearranges the inventory or moves my cursor to a completely different item then the one that would take the place of what I'm selling and if I'm not careful I have to buy back my pants.

Yes, this has happened.

Docshifty on
  • brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Except sometimes when I sell it rearranges the inventory or moves my cursor to a completely different item then the one that would take the place of what I'm selling and if I'm not careful I have to buy back my pants.

Yes, this has happened.

Haha, yeah, it's not the best system.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The buy/sell system is pretty poor in general. Selling items is a pain in the ass. There's no quick buy or quick sell button.

Holding Shift, I believe, will allow you to sell a stack of an item. Can't use it for buying, though.

Sir Carcass on
    edited February 2011

Yes, this has happened.

I think we've all accidentally sold our pants a time or two.

Mr Pink on
    edited February 2011

Yes, this has happened.

I think we've all accidentally sold our pants a time or two.

I've done it on purpose.

:winky:

Magic Pink on
    edited February 2011
    Anyone else done the quest where you have to get rid of some ghosts? Lots of Ghosbusters references in that one. Loved it.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well, I got paid today so I caved and bought this for 360. Can't wait to get off work and go home so I can dive in.

I've been in kind of a video game funk lately despite buying LBP2 on release day (there's just too much stuff! I can't take it!) and I'm hoping this can distract and entertain me for a while since I'm trying to cut back on my game spending; it's gonna be tough with all the grea stuff coming out this year though.

hatedinamerica on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Started this today. Combat as a mage feels a bit clunky, but I guess I don't have any summons yet.

captaink on
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I gave up on summons. There's nothing an anvil or fifty can't fix.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Running away works good so far.

captaink on
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I found a selling tip I thought I'd share. Someone was complaining about how we couldn't buy or sell stacks of items, but you can in fact do the latter on PC if you hold down the left ctrl key. It's too bad we can't do that for buying items, too. I hate individually clicking to buy all those damned lockpicks with a mouse, although I imagine it's much easier with a gamepad.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Samm1chSamm1ch Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dashui wrote: »
    I found a selling tip I thought I'd share. Someone was complaining about how we couldn't buy or sell stacks of items, but you can in fact do the latter on PC if you hold down the left ctrl key. It's too bad we can't do that for buying items, too. I hate individually clicking to buy all those damned lockpicks with a mouse, although I imagine it's much easier with a gamepad.

One good thing about selling items as a stack is that you get the listed selling price for all items in the stack. If you sell them one at a time, the price goes down for each one.

Samm1ch on
    steam_sig.png
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but if you want to maximize your usage of skill points and don't want to resort to cheat codes, it's worth noting that you don't necessarily have to put 10 full points into a skill. While there's no low level cap in the game, depending on how much content you do you may finish the game at around level 40, according to some accounts. I'm only level 28 and I'm just about to finish the first chapter, so I'm skeptical of that number, but this tip is still worthwhile.

You'll often find fusion stones that grant bonuses to skills. Instead of maxing out a skill, only invest as many points you need to get it to 10 with the usage of a fusion stone. For example, I may have a +3 Radial Barrage fusion stone, so I'll only invest seven points into the actual skill. Also, the fusion stones will not grant bonuses over the limit of ten points, so it's not worth having something that's 10+2. This allowed me to spread my points around more, making my character a lot stronger.

If you want to get your attribute and skill points back for redistributing, you can find an NPC to do this at the Society Mages Guild directly to the right of the Queens Crossroad teleport.

I know this is a very obvious tip, but unfortunately I didn't realize this until recently. Perhaps there are a few people out there like me, though. :P

I actually feel kind of stupid now. It was staring me in the face!

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Samm1chSamm1ch Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Speaking of the Soulpatchers, I wish I knew how the game determines which skill points are given back. At first I thought you'd get all of them to redistribute, but that's not the case; I soulpatched at level 30-something and only got 12 points back. Then I figured they gave back the most recent ones you spent, but that's not the case either. There was a Thieves' Guild quest where a high trapping skill was needed, so I soulpatched and invested points there. After finishing the quest, I soulpatched again, but I didn't get any of those trapping points back. I think it might just be random.

Samm1ch on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2011
    Samm1ch wrote: »
    Speaking of the Soulpatchers, I wish I knew how the game determines which skill points are given back. At first I thought you'd get all of them to redistribute, but that's not the case; I soulpatched at level 30-something and only got 12 points back. Then I figured they gave back the most recent ones you spent, but that's not the case either. There was a Thieves' Guild quest where a high trapping skill was needed, so I soulpatched and invested points there. After finishing the quest, I soulpatched again, but I didn't get any of those trapping points back. I think it might just be random.

It might be giving back the freebie points you get for beastslaying/lockpicking/alchemy/what have you.

Docshifty on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So has there been much talk about the whole blackballing thing?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I fucking hate sailing.

Loathing on
  • ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Loathing wrote: »
    I fucking hate sailing.

Wait, sailing? What?

This game has ships?

Can I yohoho it up with a group of pirates, hijack ships, and drop meteors on some poor schmucks deck?

Because if so, game of the year.

Archonex on
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I guess no? What's that?

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

I guess no? What's that?

Hate Destructoid, but here's a good summary.
    http://www.destructoid.com/topware-blacklisting-reviews-that-criticize-two-worlds-ii-194480.phtml

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I guess no? What's that?

Hate Destructoid, but here's a good summary.
    http://www.destructoid.com/topware-blacklisting-reviews-that-criticize-two-worlds-ii-194480.phtml

Publishers are trying to make money too. If they turn to threats it's probably because they don't believe in or aren't confident in their product. I am -really- enjoying 2 Worlds 2. 2 Worlds was hideous, and they're fighting an uphill battle from that, but the product they're publishing is worthy of purchase. Perhaps they don't think so? Either way, I like it.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • BlainBlain Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah. TopWare backed off that already according to Destructoid's source Beefjack. Destructoid just hasn't updated.

http://beefjack.com/news/topware-denies-blacklisting-allegations-more-info-leaks-in/

EDIT: Also, TopWare's head of U.S. marketing (James Seaman) has been apologizing for what happened in the comments of the Destructoid post. "My team needs to take a step back as the UK has been pretty harsh on our game, but such is life. I will make sure that nothing like this ever happens again, but some of my guys have put their heart and soul into this game and just need to take a step back."

They messed up. But it looks like they're cleaning it up.

EDIT 2: Huh. I guess Destructoid did update. They just thought TopWare's response was a denial where I saw it more as an explanation for why they did wrong. Regardless, I think we can all agree that "I will make sure that nothing like this ever happens again" is a pretty concrete statement of guilt and contrition.

Blain on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just ran into a glitch where a guy I was supposed to kill went immortal. His health bar was at zero, but he wouldn't die no matter how many times I hit him.

This quest is starting to frustrate me.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Maybe he's a Highlander and you need to cut off his head

Zen Vulgarity on
  • LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Archonex wrote: »
    Loathing wrote: »
    I fucking hate sailing.

Wait, sailing? What?

This game has ships?

Can I yohoho it up with a group of pirates, hijack ships, and drop meteors on some poor schmucks deck?

Because if so, game of the year.

Not really that awesome. Or awesome at all I guess.

In New Asho's you can buy a little sailboat to go explore the islands all around the map. It's faster then swimming (there's a walk on water spell apparently?) but it's sometimes a bitch to get the thing going because it's not a point and steer deal, you actually have to adjust the sail to catch the wind.

I ended up beaching the fucking thing and spent like fifteen minutes trying to get it unstuck.

Loathing on
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I just ran into a glitch where a guy I was supposed to kill went immortal. His health bar was at zero, but he wouldn't die no matter how many times I hit him.

This quest is starting to frustrate me.
    Is it Prescott Cormic? Cause I've been having an issue with him. Apparently you have to load up a save from before taking the quest to fix it.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png