As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Darksiders] Thread II : the hideous offspring of every game you love.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Like I said though...I really hope they add some force of impact to the attacks.

I hated in the first one how my weapons would just slide through the enemies without them looking as if they'd been hit.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I should note that the trailer shows Death using a single large scythe at one point. Also a large hammer. Like War, I think it's safe to say he has multiple weapons.

Also, HYPE!

Houn on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    reVerse wrote: »
    There's a picture of all four of them in the OP, y'know. One of them is clearly a lady. Odd how some of you never noticed that.

Nobody didn't know it. We just forgot which one it was.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    So what's going on in the trailer? It looked like scenes from the first game, then Death out of nowhere.
    Edit: No speakers at work...

Does Darksiders 2 happen at the same time as the first game?

"To save his brother from oblivion, the second horseman must ride forth."

I'm guessing we'll be playing during the 100 year gap between the apocalypse and War being sent back to Earth with The Watcher and we'll either be thwarting some plot that would see him never freed or setting up Samael to aid War in the future or something.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh, that actually sounds pretty cool.

Its probably safe to assume that when all is said and done there will at least be 4 Darksiders games (god willing)

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I was so thrilled at that trailer I burst out laughing and clapping. Want to see more story. Looks awesome. Death's voice is fine.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm totally down with Death being XXXtreme!!!!!1one

That's what made the first Darksiders so awesome (and more than just a mere Zelda clone) was that everything was just so over the top. No, War didn't have to kill those big demons by ripping off their horns and then cutting off their heads, but BOY was it fun after a day in my dull, lifeless corporate cubicle.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So wish I was not at work right now so I can watch that vid. The thing I am honestly excited for the most is the puzzles. The combat is great and the story was thouroughly enjoyable but the level design and puzzles were really, really well done. Even the Portal Puzzles at the end were super fun. Can. Not. Wait. To see what they do in this game.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    2nded. work sucks! Darksiders was awesome.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    I guess it's time to pick up the first Darksiders, huh? I, personally, like the look of Death and the trailer was interesting.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I think in that video there was a glimpse of what will likely be Deaths "demon" form like War had; looks like he turns into a large grim reaper. Fitting. And awesome.

And now I'm sure we'll have to wait another year to play it. :(

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    yep, 2012. Ill be waiting a bit for it to hit steam sales as well.

it's good stuff lcdxx, although I can definitely expect it to hit sales again before darksiders 2 is released

Alegis on
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Amazon has the original for $20. I'll have to see if I can budget that next payday.

I will admit, I missed out on it completely at release because it dropped day and date with Bayonetta. And I was wholly obsessed with Bayonetta.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    These forums showed me the glory of Darksiders, and now I'm a fanboy.

Morvidus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Not sure if Gabe and Tycho approve of Death's design :lol:

Twin skeleton weapons are a nice touch.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I like the PA design a LOT more.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Are you being serious? I can never tell on the internet.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I am. The real design isn't bad or anything but I would LOVE to play that PA one.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    With his hat from Hot Topic :lol:

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    LCDXX wrote: »
    Amazon has the original for $20. I'll have to see if I can budget that next payday.

I will admit, I missed out on it completely at release because it dropped day and date with Bayonetta. And I was wholly obsessed with Bayonetta.

If you can budget in a warhammer 40k:space marine pre order on steam then you can get darksiders for free with it.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    LCDXX wrote: »
    And I was wholly obsessed with Bayonetta.

As all right thinking people should be.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Sweet Sassy Molassy this looks awesome. Awesome!.

I love how the Horsemen are total brosephs 4 lyfe - they be tight, yo.

With the bond they clearly have ("No... Not Alone", anyone?), there will doubtless be some truly epic moments in this.

Although this taing place simultaneously to the first game is a pretty major retcon, no?

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Not really a recon. Remember War was imprisoned/asleep for a long time inbetween the breaking of the seal and the events of darkstalkers 1. this is probably going to be occuring during that time...War is condemmed, Death and the other horsemen want to find out what happen, so they split up. If they continue this trend, we are going to see 4 games one from each horsemans perspective, then a 5th maybe for a resolution with all of them. Keep up the quality of the first one and I'll buy them all.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't think it's a retcon as much as it's either a prequel or a parallel story. I would guess that while War's stuff is going on Death, and the other horsemen as well have their own whacky adventure that culminates in the ending of the first Darksiders. Eventually we will see (play) each story line and see how everything weaves together. That's my hope at least.

edit: or what Azith said :P

Mutilate on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    There's a 100 year 'insert other game plot here' gap in the Darksiders 1 story while War is imprisoned by the council and before he gets sent back to Earth to [strike]investigate[/strike] kick ass.

I am very much excited for this as the first game was solid fun I am happy to have more of.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Catalase wrote: »
    I"m very curious about what little story is given in that cover reveal. In the Darksiders comic, War basically guts Death with chaoseater and it's like "Silly man, I'm invulnerable". Going to need a hell of a de-powering to make him a protagonist.

Well...

Death is just a killer of Man, right?

Demons, elementals, angelic beings, that type of stuff might be, y'know...tougher to kill than humans.
    Yes, but the implication is...that when the other three Horsemen step in to rein War in, Strife and Death aren't the least bit intimidated by War's badassery.

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I want to play Fury's game. Her whip looks like an interesting weapon.

Actually what I really want is a true sequel.

Heleor on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Let's see how long it takes them to remove this. It's got lots of gameplay and bosses the first trailer doesn't.

Chance on
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    funny. I was watching that, and going, "Okay, he's a horseman, but where's Death's hors-OOOOH" and then everything was all good.

Linespider5 on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Man, for anyone who can watch that trailer and claim it doesn't look amazingly badass; please, tell me, what does it mean to have no soul?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I was kinda disappointed that we wouldn't be returning to War as the main character, but that trailer has me stoked to see what Death is going to get up to.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Official darksiders 2 "Death" concept art.
    darksiders2.jpg

zerg rush on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Chance wrote: »
    [vidURL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT4XmLpIZYE"]Let's see how long it takes them to remove this.[/vidURL] It's got lots of gameplay and bosses the first trailer doesn't.

Funny how it is mostly the exact same as the trailer on Game Informer and then towards the end there's a few extra seconds of footage.

Peewi on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh man that big 2 headed thing.

I love huge bosses.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Peewi wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    [vidURL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT4XmLpIZYE"]Let's see how long it takes them to remove this.[/vidURL] It's got lots of gameplay and bosses the first trailer doesn't.

Funny how it is mostly the exact same as the trailer on Game Informer and then towards the end there's a few extra seconds of footage.

It's called the "extended trailer." You can see a very small version of it on Darksider II's Facebook page - if you hit the "like" button.

Oh, and
    Oh man that big 2 headed thing.

I love huge bosses.

it turns out they're leviathans that tow a giant ship through the underworld. I'm getting a God of War II's Steeds of Time vibe from it, now.

Chance on
  • Options
    ArkyrisArkyris Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Does anyone else get the feeling that Death is going to somehow give man a future beyond the Apocalypse? I got that feeling from the first trailer during the part when he was talking about some deal. But that second trailer kinda alludes to it bit more.

Arkyris on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I really hope death has to do something like travel back and forth through two time periods via a temple or has to relive 3 days over and over.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Whenever death goes into the underworld, he turns into a Wolf. Killing 20 demon bugs lets him return to normal form.

zerg rush on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Death must collect the three essences of the Tri-pocalypse which will grant the wish in his heart and set War free.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "I see you, rider of Death. You offer so little."

"I have an offer in mind."

"What offer could possibly convince me to hand over the Scythe of a Thousand Skulls?"

"I will return 20 Cuccos to your pen."

JonBob on
    jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1