Options

Craft Mines, not War! MINECRAFT

• Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have an idea for capture the flag. What if you couldn't harm other players...but there were monsters EVERYWHERE. Like a lot of creepers and spiders.

Smart teams would use them to their advantage to protect their flag.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm no expert, but many of these ideas feel way too goal-directed. Players will have different styles and will want to seek victory in many complimentary ways.

Fundamentally CTF feels too limited: you can build defensive structures, you can build offensive structures (water/torch/sand traps, dynamite traps), or you can directly engage enemy players. You can build cooperatively, perhaps with mismatched plans or cross purposes, or perhaps with deliberate griefing of your teammates or to the deliberate benefit of opponents.

I like the brainstorming we're doing -- cataloging all of the low-hanging-fruit ideas and seeing which ones work well together. I'll add my own couple of ideas: suppose we add a sort of spatial logic puzzle element.

Suppose a team can build in opponent lands only where their blocks do not touch any existing opponent-placed blocks. You can build a stepladder over your opponent's wall as long as there's space for you to do so without touching.

Unrelated idea: suppose blocks on the same-team side have to be built . . . pardon the graph theory speak . . . as an acyclic graph (tree) of contiguous regular solids . . . such that if you trace connected block-set to connected block-set you can never form a loop. Blocks can only be destroyed by the opposing team when they connect to other blocks on only one side (like a leaf node.) To destroy a building you have to find the lone "leaf" blocks and destroy those first, and work your way in.

Also, flying isn't in the game yet and I think that will change things dramatically. Lava-block bomber, anyone?

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    EndlessInfinityEndlessInfinity Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    What was it.. Splieff? The game where you tried to dig out the ground underneath your opponent so they fell into lava. I remember when we had an arena in Rapture for it

EndlessInfinity on
    MH3 ID : Gernot 92TE9P
    SC2: Zwillinge
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm guessing many of you have never played SourceForts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDKobETGN-U

It's kinda what I imagine a Minecraft CTF would be like.

Houn on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Houn wrote: »

Hahaha, I had the same thought.

That game was lots of fun, until it became a contest about who could strafe jump the best :?

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    GdiguyGdiguy San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think the problem comes down to the fact that competitive CTF/etc-style games aren't really the right fit here - is at the core a game about creativity, not about speed / reaction time / strategic planning. There's almost too much freedom - it would be like playing CTF outside with jetpacks. If you can go basically anywhere, and there's not much variety in the weapondry (and very little skill, other than arrow aiming over short distances), it'll be very same-y very fast

To me, the competitive side would have to be more about creativity - think about the 'egg drop' competitions you'd have in high school.... obviously, this needs some significant improvements to the physics rules to do really interesting things, but to me it would be more interesting to do something like building a bulls-eye on the ground, flattening a 100 block radius around it, and give everyone one shot at building any contraption they want outside the 100 block radius to shoot a cow / minecart / whatever at the bulleye (closest wins)

If you could get 100 people on the server at once, maybe something like a 'castle storming' 50 vs 50 invasion map could be fun... but with low numbers of people it'll just get very sparse

Gdiguy on
  • Options
    DaSniper91DaSniper91 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Houn wrote: »

Best mod ever. It was so fun building up crazy defenses to funnel the other team through.

DaSniper91 on
  • Options
    JollusJollus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I made myself a light house, got bored with the surrounding area, and decided to start a new world. The last two worlds I've made seem to be borked. I'm not getting any cobble stones or coal when I break the blocks. I get wood, sand, dirt, ect. But no damn rock. I have been punching shit and punching it and nothing seems to drop.

Jollus on
  • Options
    BrilliantInsanityBrilliantInsanity Charleston, WVRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    you have to mine cobblestone and coal with a pick not punch it. So if you really meant you were punching it...make a mining pick?

BrilliantInsanity on
    steam_sig.png

Sixty -40- on Origin for some ME3 goodness.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/brilliantinsanity/
  • Options
    LeoniusLeonius Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Jollus wrote: »
    So I made myself a light house, got bored with the surrounding area, and decided to start a new world. The last two worlds I've made seem to be borked. I'm not getting any cobble stones or coal when I break the blocks. I get wood, sand, dirt, ect. But no damn rock. I have been punching shit and punching it and nothing seems to drop.

I think I did the same thing. Try making a wooden pick and see if you have any luck.

Leonius on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Screenshot2010-11-05at103013AM.png

And that's why I'm on peaceful now. I don't like it, but I can't keep getting jumped by spiders and creepers at the same time over and over again.

Jacoby on
    GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Wow, it's hard to keep up with these threads.

Great stuff, though. Today I learned about the ambient occlusion mod. That is spiffy.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Are minecart boosters currently broken? I'm trying to get one going and it seems to work for the first pass but I can't get it to reset quickly enough.

Leonius on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    make the loop around longer?

Falx on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ah I built it wrong. Ill have to play with it more next time I start up the game.

Leonius on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just patched? whats up? what changed this time?

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yay, he changed the mob spawning back to the old way. Can turn it off peaceful again!

Lly on
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    I just patched? whats up? what changed this time?

I patched, and in the hopes that he might have fixed the lighting bugs I loaded Columbia's old map onto the server.

Still unplayable. Whatever it was, it didn't fix our issue.

Ein on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This is a bugfixes only update:

* Signs on the sides of cacti no longer crash the game
    * The player won’t get stuck on the top of the world in multiplayer
    * Reverted mob spawning back to the old code, it was far to annoying. I have plans on what to do with this.
    * Fixed the leaf particle colors
    * Reduced CPU usage for monster spawning, but there’s still a lot of work to be done to reduce lag on SMP servers.
    * Attempted to fix the portal dupe bug where you could exit through a different (new) one than the one you entered through.

About the portals, it’s possible that two portals can lead to the same portal in the Nether. This is because the space down there is compressed by a factor of 8, and I haven’t come up with a good way to fix this yet.
    I might just end up doing an explicit one-to-one binding between portal pairs, but that’s nontrivial as it should survive the portal being temporarily destroyed. If you TNT a portal then rebuild it, you’d expect it to still lead to the same place, right?

Hmm.

More bug updates are coming next week, mainly related to survival mode multi player.

Falx on
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That sounds promising.

Jintor on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Glad he noticed the portal issue, that was annoying especially when the distances where much greater than 8:1 I had a portal probably about 1000 meters from where my originating one and it still linked together, and, made a new one upon exiting.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SqSq Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gdiguy wrote: »
    I think the problem comes down to the fact that competitive CTF/etc-style games aren't really the right fit here - is at the core a game about creativity, not about speed / reaction time / strategic planning. There's almost too much freedom - it would be like playing CTF outside with jetpacks. If you can go basically anywhere, and there's not much variety in the weapondry (and very little skill, other than arrow aiming over short distances), it'll be very same-y very fast

To me, the competitive side would have to be more about creativity - think about the 'egg drop' competitions you'd have in high school.... obviously, this needs some significant improvements to the physics rules to do really interesting things, but to me it would be more interesting to do something like building a bulls-eye on the ground, flattening a 100 block radius around it, and give everyone one shot at building any contraption they want outside the 100 block radius to shoot a cow / minecart / whatever at the bulleye (closest wins)

If you could get 100 people on the server at once, maybe something like a 'castle storming' 50 vs 50 invasion map could be fun... but with low numbers of people it'll just get very sparse

Anyone ever play the original Crossbows and Catapults game from the early 80's? I think a minecraft version of that would be fun:

- The game would be played on a dedicated map/area of the map.
    - There is a predefied area for forts to be built on (maybe 50x50, floor is adminium). There would need to be a height restriction or working gravity-affected blocks
    - Each team gets two (?) TNT launchers made of some invincible material and a supply of TNT to fire.
    - The TNT launchers shall be outside of the build area, in front of the opposing team's forts (so the two forts are diagonal with each other)
    - During the setup time, each team has a fixed quantity of cobble to build a fort with, inside of which are placed a few destructible objectives
    - When the game starts, players launch TNT at the opposing team's fort in an attempt to destroy their objectives
    - players are not allowed to cross over to the opposing team's side (?). TNT should not be launched at the other team's TNT launchers - only at the forts

Basically the game is focused on forts and siege weapons.

Sq on
  • Options
    Glirk DientGlirk Dient Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I approve. This has the potential to be epic. I really hope he fixes minecarts as a team constructing a minetrack to the front of the enemies base would be beneficial for reinforcements. It would also be a big move for the other team to TNT the sucker.

Glirk Dient on
    XBL gamertag: GlurkDient
    Steam Username:Glirk_Dient
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So we put windows 7 on my work computer, and now minecraft crashes after I log in and generates a log file. What the hell, what could be making it do this?

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    JollusJollus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mt brain must have stopped working when I loaded the new map. I was trying to make my wooden pick with just sticks, and cursing about how it wouldn't work.

Jollus on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Seriously, what the fuck. I hit login and it just dies and shuts down. No error message, just a generated error log in the folder with the .exe. I reinstalled java, did all the updates, rebooted. I would reinstall video drivers too, but I don't know which one to use. Device manager says it has a x500/x700/x1000 series radeon. Which is 3 different kinds of video card.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I got lost in a gigantic cavern last night. I'm finally finding my way back and come across yet another cave full of all kinds of monsters. I'm rapid firing my bow to keep them at bay, when BOOM DEAD. I don't even know where the creeper came from since he would have to have been behind me in the well lit tunnel I just came from. I lost diamonds, gold, and iron and it really pissed me off. I ragequit for the first time playing this game even though I've died probably hundreds of times. The constant monster spawning was just rigoddamndiculous.

The monster spawning and armor fixes could not have come too soon.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    NicoPinataNicoPinata Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    El Guaco wrote: »
    I got lost in a gigantic cavern last night. I'm finally finding my way back and come across yet another cave full of all kinds of monsters. I'm rapid firing my bow to keep them at bay, when BOOM DEAD. I don't even know where the creeper came from since he would have to have been behind me in the well lit tunnel I just came from. I lost diamonds, gold, and iron and it really pissed me off. I ragequit for the first time playing this game even though I've died probably hundreds of times. The constant monster spawning was just rigoddamndiculous.

Too true! I spent the last couple of days repairing creeper damaged repairs, in some sort of peverse cycle.
    I turned on "peaceful", look like its time to turn it of again...

NicoPinata on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Seriously, what the fuck. I hit login and it just dies and shuts down. No error message, just a generated error log in the folder with the .exe. I reinstalled java, did all the updates, rebooted. I would reinstall video drivers too, but I don't know which one to use. Device manager says it has a x500/x700/x1000 series radeon. Which is 3 different kinds of video card.

What's the error log say?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »

What's the error log say?
    #
    # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
    #
    # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6ca61c32, pid=3604, tid=3776
    #
    # JRE version: 6.0_22-b04
    # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (17.1-b03 mixed mode windows-x86 )
    # Problematic frame:
    # C [aticfx32.dll+0x21c32]
    #
    # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
    # http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
    # The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
    # See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
    #

T H R E A D

Current thread (0x4e7f9400): JavaThread "Minecraft main thread" daemon [_thread_in_native, id=3776, stack(0x504c0000,0x50510000)]

siginfo: ExceptionCode=0xc0000005, reading address 0x0000012c

Registers:
    EAX=0x00000008, EBX=0x505054ec, ECX=0x00000000, EDX=0x00000000
    ESP=0x505049f4, EBP=0x50505390, ESI=0x50782890, EDI=0x507807d0
    EIP=0x6ca61c32, EFLAGS=0x00010202

Top of Stack: (sp=0x505049f4)
    0x505049f4: 505054ec 507807d0 00000000 6ca60338
    0x50504a04: 40002080 505054ec 5030a880 6e571a09
    0x50504a14: 40002080 00000000 50504a28 00000960
    0x50504a24: 40002080 00000000 00000000 00000000
    0x50504a34: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
    0x50504a44: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
    0x50504a54: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
    0x50504a64: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

Instructions: (pc=0x6ca61c32)
    0x6ca61c22: 6c 8b f0 85 f6 74 1b 8b 47 18 8b 4f 10 83 c0 08
    0x6ca61c32: 8b 80 24 01 00 00 50 8b c7 e8 20 ff ff ff 8b f0

Stack: [0x504c0000,0x50510000], sp=0x505049f4, free space=112505044d8k
    Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code, C=native code)
    C [aticfx32.dll+0x21c32]
    C [atigktxx.dll+0x1d8b]

Java frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code)
    j org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(JIILorg/lwjgl/opengl/PixelFormat;Ljava/nio/IntBuffer;ZZZZ)I+0
    j org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(JIILorg/lwjgl/opengl/PixelFormat;Ljava/nio/IntBuffer;ZZZZ)I+15
    j org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(Lorg/lwjgl/opengl/DisplayMode;Ljava/awt/Canvas;II)V+176
    j org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow()V+68
    j org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Lorg/lwjgl/opengl/PixelFormat;Lorg/lwjgl/opengl/Drawable;Lorg/lwjgl/opengl/ContextAttribs;)V+63
    j org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Lorg/lwjgl/opengl/PixelFormat;)V+9
    j org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create()V+13
    j net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a()V+135
    j net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run()V+6
    j java.lang.Thread.run()V+11
    v ~StubRoutines::call_stub

P R O C E S S

Java Threads: ( => current thread )
    =>0x4e7f9400 JavaThread "Minecraft main thread" daemon [_thread_in_native, id=3776, stack(0x504c0000,0x50510000)]
    0x4e7f8000 JavaThread "Timer hack thread" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=3772, stack(0x4e440000,0x4e490000)]
    0x01d8c000 JavaThread "Keep-Alive-Timer" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=3748, stack(0x50430000,0x50480000)]
    0x01da9000 JavaThread "DestroyJavaVM" [_thread_blocked, id=3612, stack(0x003b0000,0x00400000)]
    0x4ac83400 JavaThread "D3D Screen Updater" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=3716, stack(0x4e300000,0x4e350000)]
    0x4ac95000 JavaThread "AWT-EventQueue-0" [_thread_blocked, id=3712, stack(0x4e1b0000,0x4e200000)]
    0x4abc1800 JavaThread "AWT-Windows" daemon [_thread_in_native, id=3656, stack(0x4b0d0000,0x4b120000)]
    0x4abc1000 JavaThread "AWT-Shutdown" [_thread_blocked, id=3652, stack(0x4b040000,0x4b090000)]
    0x4abc0000 JavaThread "Java2D Disposer" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=3648, stack(0x4aff0000,0x4b040000)]
    0x01d69c00 JavaThread "Low Memory Detector" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=3640, stack(0x4aa70000,0x4aac0000)]
    0x01d5cc00 JavaThread "CompilerThread0" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=3636, stack(0x4a9e0000,0x4aa30000)]
    0x01d5bc00 JavaThread "Attach Listener" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=3632, stack(0x4a950000,0x4a9a0000)]
    0x01d58c00 JavaThread "Signal Dispatcher" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=3628, stack(0x4a8c0000,0x4a910000)]
    0x01d2d000 JavaThread "Finalizer" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=3624, stack(0x4a830000,0x4a880000)]
    0x01d28400 JavaThread "Reference Handler" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=3620, stack(0x4a7a0000,0x4a7f0000)]

Other Threads:
    0x01d25800 VMThread [stack: 0x4a710000,0x4a760000] [id=3616]
    0x01d6b400 WatcherThread [stack: 0x4ab00000,0x4ab50000] [id=3644]

VM state:not at safepoint (normal execution)

VM Mutex/Monitor currently owned by a thread: None

Heap
    def new generation total 157248K, used 78088K [0x04580000, 0x0f020000, 0x19ad0000)
    eden space 139776K, 55% used [0x04580000, 0x091c2320, 0x0ce00000)
    from space 17472K, 0% used [0x0ce00000, 0x0ce00000, 0x0df10000)
    to space 17472K, 0% used [0x0df10000, 0x0df10000, 0x0f020000)
    tenured generation total 349568K, used 0K [0x19ad0000, 0x2f030000, 0x44580000)
    the space 349568K, 0% used [0x19ad0000, 0x19ad0000, 0x19ad0200, 0x2f030000)
    compacting perm gen total 12288K, used 8646K [0x44580000, 0x45180000, 0x48580000)
    the space 12288K, 70% used [0x44580000, 0x44df19b8, 0x44df1a00, 0x45180000)
    No shared spaces configured.

Dynamic libraries:
    0x00400000 - 0x00424000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe
    0x778a0000 - 0x77a20000 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
    0x76f50000 - 0x77050000 C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll
    0x75470000 - 0x754b6000 C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
    0x76c80000 - 0x76d20000 C:\Windows\syswow64\ADVAPI32.dll
    0x76ea0000 - 0x76f4c000 C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll
    0x77390000 - 0x773a9000 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll
    0x773b0000 - 0x774a0000 C:\Windows\syswow64\RPCRT4.dll
    0x75410000 - 0x75470000 C:\Windows\syswow64\SspiCli.dll
    0x75400000 - 0x7540c000 C:\Windows\syswow64\CRYPTBASE.dll
    0x76a50000 - 0x76b50000 C:\Windows\syswow64\USER32.dll
    0x76800000 - 0x76890000 C:\Windows\syswow64\GDI32.dll
    0x75850000 - 0x7585a000 C:\Windows\syswow64\LPK.dll
    0x75860000 - 0x758fd000 C:\Windows\syswow64\USP10.dll
    0x76e00000 - 0x76e60000 C:\Windows\system32\IMM32.DLL
    0x75780000 - 0x7584c000 C:\Windows\syswow64\MSCTF.dll
    0x7c340000 - 0x7c396000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\msvcr71.dll
    0x6d7f0000 - 0x6da97000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\client\jvm.dll
    0x738e0000 - 0x73912000 C:\Windows\system32\WINMM.dll
    0x72950000 - 0x7299b000 C:\Windows\system32\apphelp.dll
    0x6d7a0000 - 0x6d7ac000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\verify.dll
    0x6d320000 - 0x6d33f000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.dll
    0x6d280000 - 0x6d288000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\hpi.dll
    0x772f0000 - 0x772f5000 C:\Windows\syswow64\PSAPI.DLL
    0x6d7e0000 - 0x6d7ef000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\zip.dll
    0x6d000000 - 0x6d14a000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\awt.dll
    0x73130000 - 0x73181000 C:\Windows\system32\WINSPOOL.DRV
    0x76890000 - 0x769ec000 C:\Windows\syswow64\ole32.dll
    0x72e30000 - 0x72fce000 C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7600.16661_none_420fe3fa2b8113bd\COMCTL32.dll
    0x76580000 - 0x765d7000 C:\Windows\syswow64\SHLWAPI.dll
    0x731c0000 - 0x731d3000 C:\Windows\system32\DWMAPI.DLL
    0x72fd0000 - 0x73050000 C:\Windows\system32\uxtheme.dll
    0x6d230000 - 0x6d27f000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\fontmanager.dll
    0x6fa90000 - 0x6fc53000 C:\Windows\system32\d3d9.dll
    0x737d0000 - 0x737d9000 C:\Windows\system32\VERSION.dll
    0x72610000 - 0x72616000 C:\Windows\system32\d3d8thk.dll
    0x6de80000 - 0x6e285000 C:\Windows\system32\atiumdag.dll
    0x4b360000 - 0x4b804000 C:\Windows\system32\atiumdva.dll
    0x72740000 - 0x72756000 C:\Windows\system32\CRYPTSP.dll
    0x72670000 - 0x726ab000 C:\Windows\system32\rsaenh.dll
    0x72650000 - 0x72667000 C:\Windows\system32\USERENV.dll
    0x72720000 - 0x7272b000 C:\Windows\system32\profapi.dll
    0x6d600000 - 0x6d613000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\net.dll
    0x76e60000 - 0x76e95000 C:\Windows\syswow64\WS2_32.dll
    0x76c70000 - 0x76c76000 C:\Windows\syswow64\NSI.dll
    0x72c00000 - 0x72c3c000 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll
    0x73740000 - 0x73746000 C:\Windows\System32\wship6.dll
    0x72b30000 - 0x72b40000 C:\Windows\system32\NLAapi.dll
    0x72ae0000 - 0x72b24000 C:\Windows\system32\DNSAPI.dll
    0x72ad0000 - 0x72ad8000 C:\Windows\System32\winrnr.dll
    0x72ac0000 - 0x72ad0000 C:\Windows\system32\napinsp.dll
    0x72aa0000 - 0x72ab2000 C:\Windows\system32\pnrpnsp.dll
    0x72bf0000 - 0x72bf5000 C:\Windows\System32\wshtcpip.dll
    0x72bd0000 - 0x72bec000 C:\Windows\system32\IPHLPAPI.DLL
    0x72bc0000 - 0x72bc7000 C:\Windows\system32\WINNSI.DLL
    0x72640000 - 0x72646000 C:\Windows\system32\rasadhlp.dll
    0x70860000 - 0x70898000 C:\Windows\System32\fwpuclnt.dll
    0x6d620000 - 0x6d629000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\nio.dll
    0x76d20000 - 0x76daf000 C:\Windows\syswow64\OLEAUT32.DLL
    0x50260000 - 0x502cb000 C:\Users\helpdesk\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin\natives\lwjgl.dll
    0x6cbc0000 - 0x6cc88000 C:\Windows\system32\OPENGL32.dll
    0x6e5b0000 - 0x6e5d2000 C:\Windows\system32\GLU32.dll
    0x6cad0000 - 0x6cbb7000 C:\Windows\system32\DDRAW.dll
    0x6fc60000 - 0x6fc66000 C:\Windows\system32\DCIMAN32.dll
    0x76660000 - 0x767fd000 C:\Windows\syswow64\SETUPAPI.dll
    0x75900000 - 0x75927000 C:\Windows\syswow64\CFGMGR32.dll
    0x76db0000 - 0x76dc2000 C:\Windows\syswow64\DEVOBJ.dll
    0x6d350000 - 0x6d356000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jawt.dll
    0x69030000 - 0x69f90000 C:\Windows\system32\atioglxx.dll
    0x6e570000 - 0x6e577000 C:\Windows\system32\atigktxx.dll
    0x6ca40000 - 0x6cac4000 C:\Windows\system32\aticfx32.dll
    0x4e360000 - 0x4e39b000 C:\Windows\system32\atiadlxy.dll
    0x76dd0000 - 0x76dfd000 C:\Windows\syswow64\WINTRUST.dll
    0x76b50000 - 0x76c6c000 C:\Windows\syswow64\CRYPT32.dll
    0x77050000 - 0x7705c000 C:\Windows\syswow64\MSASN1.dll

VM Arguments:
    jvm_args: -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
    java_command: C:\Users\helpdesk\Documents\Robert\Minecraft.exe
    Launcher Type: SUN_STANDARD

Environment Variables:
    PATH=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin
    USERNAME=helpdesk
    OS=Windows_NT
    PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10, GenuineIntel

S Y S T E M

CPU:total 2 (2 cores per cpu, 1 threads per core) family 6 model 23 stepping 10, cmov, cx8, fxsr, mmx, sse, sse2, sse3, ssse3, sse4.1

Memory: 4k page, physical 4060788k(2694452k free), swap 8119676k(6133056k free)

vm_info: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (17.1-b03) for windows-x86 JRE (1.6.0_22-b04), built on Sep 15 2010 00:56:36 by "java_re" with MS VC++ 7.1 (VS2003)

time: Fri Nov 05 10:32:50 2010
    elapsed time: 12 seconds

Attempts to update the video driver causes the PC to blue screen and hard lock as well. Looks like a java problem, but reinstalling that didn't help.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    AlwaysNewDepthsAlwaysNewDepths Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    7vdm6.jpg

So here is a mockup of the statue I'm going to make for Rapture, does it look taller than sea level?

AlwaysNewDepths on
  • Options
    Yosemite SamYosemite Sam Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    7vdm6.jpg

So here is a mockup of the statue I'm going to make for Rapture, does it look taller than sea level?

Nice! Looks about 60 tall by my count. In a stock map that's about the height from sea level to bedrock. You're going to have to cut a moria sized hole to make him, and his head'll pop out of the earth a bit :D
    But sea/ground/bedrock levels were adjusted for the last map. Don't know if we should expect same.

Notch needs to increase vertical space by about 150% to satisfy some of my ambitions. *cough homeworld mothership *cough

Yosemite Sam on
  • Options
    Yosemite SamYosemite Sam Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    "I might just end up doing an explicit one-to-one binding between portal pairs, but that’s nontrivial as it should survive the portal being temporarily destroyed. If you TNT a portal then rebuild it, you’d expect it to still lead to the same place, right?" -Notch's dev. blog, today.

Not necessarily! At first I thought this was intentional, and liked it. Taking down a portal a rebuilding it should reconnect it with the next available portal on the other side, this way we can break bad connections and make new ones with proper planning. As long as the behavior is PREDICTABLE.

Really, I want to make a master portal room, choose a door style.

Yosemite Sam on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    7vdm6.jpg

I'm sure it will look great. However due to the underwater fog, no one will be able to see it (at least from Rapture) :?

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

A few hours after the halloween update came out, I went inside my trusty cavern and found a creeper within a well lit dead end...any non lit areas were entirely unaccessable from where he was.

I died.

Oh and of course, lost everything I was carrying because of that fucking inventory bug

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    http://soundcloud.com/fuckmylife/minecraft-02-test

Apparently deadmau5's early testing of a possible sunrise music track.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rikushix wrote: »

A few hours after the halloween update came out, I went inside my trusty cavern and found a creeper within a well lit dead end...any non lit areas were entirely unaccessable from where he was.

I died.

Oh and of course, lost everything I was carrying because of that fucking inventory bug

I actually saw a zombie spawn about 30m in front of me in a well lit tunnel. It was about 50m deep, but still, he was standing right next to 4 torches.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I liked the new mob spawning. It kept thing interesting.

jackal on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I was trying to build underwater but it was too opaque and I couldn't see a damn thing.

How do I deal with that?

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I was trying to build underwater but it was too opaque and I couldn't see a damn thing.

How do I deal with that?

Im guessing your using alot of glass? I use dirt for a shell.

Jubal77 on
This discussion has been closed.