Options

I am the man who arranges the [chat]!

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    The colonial marines were by far the best part of the franchise

so naturally they got the least attention in the other movies

What happened to Hicks and Newt is probably the most offensive thing I've seen done to characters in a franchise. It still burns.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    is there anywhere I can watch a good quality game of LoL? meaning looks good

i can link you to some fairly HQ streams but they're pro players so a lot of the stuff might be a bad intro for you

I know it seems that way but if you don't mind I'd love to take a look

do they talk or just play? something like a casted game would be ideal I think, but either way I'd like to check it out

http://www.livestream.com/treeeskimo/video?clipId=pla_573e7e50-9100-419e-9994-15de3de8ea55&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

check this one out

dude gives some p good commentary

note that some of his talking is responding to the audience (he chats with an IRC channel while casting) but he does something very well: explain where mistakes are made, even his own

Organichu on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

What happened to Hicks and Newt is probably the most offensive thing I've seen done to characters in a franchise. It still burns.

What's sad is that they were supposed to be the main character of 3 prior to them resigning Weaver.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Or a Green Arrow movie ending with Hal getting a righteous beating.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    yeah I want to play asap I just like to watch games in general, I watch a shitload of starcraft, and it helps me understand the game a lot. it's not purely 'let me learn from watching', but I'd rather have a little more sense of the game than I do before I get started. just personal preference... then once I start I'll keep watching for entertainment and to learn more.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Bama on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    it sucks having a name people don't pronounce right

I don't know why you'd bother to deal with that just to get the cock out of your name. I think it makes a name strong. I'd buy insurance from a cockburn.

No one ever pronounces my last name right. It's a soft 'g', not a hard 'g'.

And that's only the most common mistake. One time someone mispronounced it to the point she was calling me Bueller, and not as a joke.

it's gigalo - like "giggle" not "jiggle"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Agreed. And now we've had 4 or 5 terrible sequels. Here's hoping the franchise reboot or whatever can fix it.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Wow, Thom, you really want Hal taken down a peg

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Oooo John Stewart fantasy casting. Someone big, tough, intelligent and able to be authoritative.

How about Idris Elba?

Speaking of comic book fantasy movies, I'd like to see a John Stewart one. And if it ends with him giving Hal a righteous beating, then all the better.

Yep. Yes, sir.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    yeah I want to play asap I just like to watch games in general, I watch a shitload of starcraft, and it helps me understand the game a lot. it's not purely 'let me learn from watching', but I'd rather have a little more sense of the game than I do before I get started. just personal preference... then once I start I'll keep watching for entertainment and to learn more.

also, when you first play, play with patient friends

there is a lot to learn and the community can be pretty shitty

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Do you ever watch Day9 or some other tournament play, and then start in on the SC2 campaign and get upset that you can't expand? Or that you're playing 1 base Terran for most of it? I do!

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

What's sad is that they were supposed to be the main character of 3 prior to them resigning Weaver.

I remember hearing Michael Biehne was so put off by what they did to his character that when they asked him for permission to use his picture in Alien 3, he wouldn't concede unless they paid him the salary he would receive for actually acting in it.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010

i can link you to some fairly HQ streams but they're pro players so a lot of the stuff might be a bad intro for you

do they talk or just play? something like a casted game would be ideal I think, but either way I'd like to check it out

http://www.livestream.com/treeeskimo/video?clipId=pla_573e7e50-9100-419e-9994-15de3de8ea55&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

check this one out

note that some of his talking is responding to the audience (he chats with an IRC channel while casting) but he does something very well: explain where mistakes are made, even his own

watching treeeskimo makes me feel kind of bad. because he always ends up getting really wrapped around the axle because some other player makes some kind of mistake that i do at least like 50 times per game.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Wow, Thom, you really want Hal taken down a peg

He's such a dick. Given a situation where you're hanging out with the spirit of your dead best friend, and he says "Dude, I'm at peace in the afterworld. I'm pretty happy here. Shit is chill. Don't bring me back. " do you bring him back? No, because you're not a dick. Hal Jordan did. Because he's a dick. Not to mention attempting to destroy all creation. Or his general just being a fucking dick.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I remember hearing Michael Biehne was so put off by what they did to his character that when they asked him for permission to use his picture in Alien 3, he wouldn't concede unless they paid him the salary he would receive for actually acting in it.

Yep and because of the back to the future lawsuit by Crispin Glover I believe he got it or they cut his image out all together I can't recall.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Really looking forward to that alien film.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Oh my god, Carol Danvers is in this new Avengers!

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I heard we were talking about the better green lanterns and came as quickly and serruptitiously as I could.

Stewart and Rainer 4 lyfe

desc on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

This I'm okay with.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Turkson wrote: »

Do you ever watch Day9 or some other tournament play, and then start in on the SC2 campaign and get upset that you can't expand? Or that you're playing 1 base Terran for most of it? I do!

I haven't played the campaign hehe. like the first 3 levels maybe.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

also, when you first play, play with patient friends

there is a lot to learn and the community can be pretty shitty

oh I don't plan to play with anyone but you guys and with vent til I understand things.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Yep and because of the back to the future lawsuit by Crispin Glover I believe he got it or they cut his image out all together I can't recall.

He got it.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    You know, I think I'm actually offended that we have a high traffic thread spurred by the ridiculous whining of a bunch of racists.

Bama on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The one protoss level in the cmapaign is lots of fun

just endless waves of zergs

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    You know, I think I'm actually offended that we have a high traffic thread spurred by the ridiculous whining of a bunch of racists.

Still not as bad as a rape or gay thread.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

check this one out

watching treeeskimo makes me feel kind of bad. because he always ends up getting really wrapped around the axle because some other player makes some kind of mistake that i do at least like 50 times per game.

well the thing is that at that level, tiny mistakes that we make are like, game-deciding

it's fascinating how much better they are than us haha

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Oh good the avengers won't be with out sandwhiches.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    It is now almost midnight and I am cooking dinner, this because a Civilization game fucked up my sleep schedule.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

:(

I am offended, as a gay racist, rapist?

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

isn't whedon writing this?

she'll be the ass-kicker

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    desc wrote: »
    I heard we were talking about the better green lanterns and came as quickly and serruptitiously as I could.

Stewart and Rainer 4 lyfe

At this point, with as little as I know about GL, pretty much all Lanterns are better than Hal. Just in terms of interesting... ness.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Well in all fairness the Thor thing isn't really what's being discussed.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Or a gay rape thread.

"So is it bad if we rape a member of the patriarchy? I mean they are all basically rapists anyway."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    organ when can you play?

Variable on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

she'll be the ass-kicker

Nah she'll be the faux ass kicker moral slut who eventually dies when she finds someone who can put up with her constant pop culture refs

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010

she'll be the ass-kicker

Nah she'll be the faux ass kicker moral slut who eventually dies when she finds someone who can put up with her constant pop culture refs

I imagine she'll just be a SHIELD operative.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

she'll be the ass-kicker

heh

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I hope my secret santa gift got to my person today. Because I don't know anything about kentucky other then Raylen Givens will shoot you if you don't listen to him.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I hope my secret santa gift got to my person today. Because I don't know anything about kentucky other then Raylen Givens will shoot you if you don't listen to him.
    I like how you refrained from identifying your santee by name but then referenced a state that AFAIK houses only one of the participants.

Bama on
This discussion has been closed.