As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Would You Rather -- A Party Game for the Party Masses

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My adventures as an engineer taught me that I don't give a shit about getting heaps of money if I hate the work.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    confuseddiddy2.jpg

Xehalus on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i want to art

i want to know things

i want to love

i want to be loved

Projeck on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just don't want to work for a living.

I would probably still do something, but that would be for fun or because it's interesting. Working for a salary just sucks. Even the best project I worked on was only like 60 or 70% fun stuff. The rest was shitwork or jumping through corporate hoops.

Hunter on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My experience in shitty retail jobs and food services jobs and the government work of 9 to 5s tells me that I will be able to stomach any type of job if the money is right

And a helicopter seems neat at first, but would probably get old pretty fast. With a boat, you can just do whatever on open water. And everything is legal in international waters

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hunter wrote: »
    Having enough money so I don't have to worry about it would be nice. I don't even want to change my lifestyle, just no longer have to work.

Forget the yacht though. I'd go with a helicopter.

Yeah, if I won a million I'd live like this in perpetuity, except without having to worry about bills or shit like that

And being able to do stuff like, you know, go on holiday or go to PAX. But I wouldn't see the point in blowing it all on a house or an expensive car or whatever

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    lostwords wrote: »
    My experience in shitty retail jobs and food services jobs and the government work of 9 to 5s tells me that I will be able to stomach any type of job if the money is right

And a helicopter seems neat at first, but would probably get old pretty fast. With a boat, you can just do whatever on open water. And everything is legal in international waters

Have fun being raped by pirates while I'm flying Airwolf.

Hunter on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I want to be a mod when I grow up.

godmode on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    godmode wrote: »

Being a mod is like Fight Club. If you want to be a mod, you never talk about it.

You also have to sleep with Larlar.

Hunter on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    lostwords wrote: »

Have fun being raped by pirates while I'm flying Airwolf.

We will be the pirates

also pirate radio old school style

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If I had a tumor I would name it Larlar.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think my biggest fear is just living a comfortable, dull life and then dying. A life where I never pushed myself, or struggled, or took much risks and thus a life where I never truly felt like I've overcome something or that I surprised myself or felt like I was at a pinnacle of existence. Basically a life that I live because I can't be bothered to change it and at the end all I'm left with is regret and what-ifs, not even one I can be satisfied with.

Basically I want to seize more oppurtunities and not always take the path of least resistance as it were. I want to be interesting and interested. I want a job that I love, it doesn't need to make a huge difference, but something that I enjoy doing and doesn't make my life two brilliant days followed by a five day dead zone that's nothing more than another race to the weekend (that always go by too fast).

Right now though I want to find love, or at least be able to experience physically intimacy in a really open and honest way with another human being. And after that emotional intimacy.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    theplanetmarsinastronom.jpg

I want to terraform this and dig for fossils.

menormandy2.jpg

What is so great about everything else?

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Also korean boys.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    godmode wrote: »

Being a mod is like Fight Club. If you want to be a mod, you never talk about it.

You also have to sleep with Larlar.

Dreams? Crushed. :(

godmode on
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Living a comfortable and dull life isn't exactly a curse. Happiness usually isn't grand and spectacular.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    misbehavinmisbehavin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh shit, is this a money thread?

misbehavin on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Wiet wrote: »
    Living a comfortable and dull life isn't exactly a curse. Happiness usually isn't grand and spectacular.

Well if that's what one wants in life and they do that, fine. But I mean if I live like that just because I can't be bothered to ever change it, I'd hate that.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If I was Rich I would buy a helicopter that would turn into a yacht that would turn into a submarine.

Blake T on
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I want to retire when I'm 40, go and teach in remote Australia, live in Holland and finish restoring my yacht

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Well if that's what one wants in life and they do that, fine. But I mean if I live like that just because I can't be bothered to ever change it, I'd hate that.

Ofcourse, I'm just saying that your biggest fear doesn't actually seem all that bad.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011

You mean present you would hate to see future you end up like that

Because presumably if future you ended up in that position and couldn't be bothered to change it, he wouldn't hate his circumstances

TIIIIIIME

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I want to get married, complete my degree and work for a university.

misbehavin on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Tef wrote: »
    I want to retire when I'm 40, go and teach in remote Australia, live in Holland and finish restoring my yacht

Why would you want to live here this place is totally awful!

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    He'd be closer to you, Wiet

How could that be totally awful

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Ofcourse, I'm just saying that your biggest fear doesn't actually seem all that bad.

True, but well I guess it's my "biggest" fear because that's the most plausible "bad" outcome.

I mean I'm more scared of a getting hit by a car and being paralyzed from the neck down forever, yeah.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Blake T wrote: »
    If I was Rich I would buy a helicopter that would turn into a yacht that would turn into a submarine.

Sir, today is your lucky day! I've been trying to sell my Submayachtocoptor (I just don't have space in my garagedockpad anymore), and it can be yours for as low as $30,000 (down payment, no questions asked, product to be delivered at an unspecified time in the unspecified future)!

godmode on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Tef wrote: »

Why would you want to live here this place is totally awful!

Heck no! Holland is a fantastic country. Maybe after a full winter I might change my tune...

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I want to propose to my girlfriend within the next 3 years or so.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Edcrab wrote: »
    He'd be closer to you, Wiet

How could that be totally awful

I dunno maybe it's awful because I'm here. No evidence to the contrary so it must be true.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I wanna fuck a midget

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I do often feel like this part of my life is the worst of it from a comfort standpoint, where from here on, barring any catastrophic circumstances, my income and general lifestyle could only improve. Until I decide to go to culinary school.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Gatsby wrote: »

Good news! Your dream future could be achieved today with only words and maybe a little alcohol, to take the edge off the nerves...

misbehavin on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    misbehavin wrote: »

Good news! Your dream future could be achieved today with only words and maybe a little alcohol, to take the edge off the nerves...

Man I need a proper job first. Although alcohol will most likely work its way into the equation when the time is right.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    ha gatsby! Now HB is gonna be a nervous wreck anytime you guys do anything romantic or special!

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Going to interrupt this too.

Blake T on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Make sure to do stuff that involves getting on one knee as often as possible

Javen on
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i want to live the rest of my life the same way it is now

i graduated, got a secure job that i like, and bought a home all before i'd even hit my mid twenties, so pretty much all my major goals are accomplished

i can cruise from here on out and be happy, with a few downs here and there

life is grand

POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN on
    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Javen wrote: »
    Make sure to do stuff that involves getting on one knee as often as possible

"HB..."

"Oh my god! Oh my god!"

"Shoelace was untied, sorry about that. Enjoying your meal? I got a promotion today!"

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I guess I have yet to go longer than about a year with any sort of certain knowledge of what I want out of life so I guess I could see doing the whole family thing, working a job where I contribute a little bit to help make the world a better place, and maybe being able to be creatively fulfilled in some way.

All that said I'd also like to not be tethered to some sort of grand scheme for life

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg