As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Would You Rather -- A Party Game for the Party Masses

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    that is just one cat jerking off

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man there has been a constant battle to see who gets on their knee first between us two. I had to bargain with her that I get to pop the question and she'll never know when.

And Blake I'd be disappointed if you somehow didn't interrupt.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'd also like to fuck a midget

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    set your sights higher

don't shortchange yourself

POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN on
    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I want to help continue and progress the space programs of the world and go into space at some point.

Also not to feel like crap right now guhhhhhhhhh.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

that's like two men each wanting to be the richest man in the world!

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wiet wrote: »
    Wiet wrote: »
    Living a comfortable and dull life isn't exactly a curse. Happiness usually isn't grand and spectacular.

Well if that's what one wants in life and they do that, fine. But I mean if I live like that just because I can't be bothered to ever change it, I'd hate that.

Ofcourse, I'm just saying that your biggest fear doesn't actually seem all that bad.

it sounds horrible to me

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Being happy would be cool

Feeling good about myself and who I am etc

that would be nice, I think

Solar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I am also very afraid of never taking any risks, never really stepping outside of my comfort zone and so living a perfectly nice life in a perfectly nice place with perfectly nice pleasures

it may sound like something that just "happens," but time flies, and there have been a few spans of time that I have looked back on and realized that just because of comfort and complacency I did not accomplish what I hoped to

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Going to jump in at the last second and say yes before HB gets the chance to.

Blake T on
  • Options
    misbehavinmisbehavin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I want to get a little serious for a moment...

Fuck money; seriously. Don't pursue anything just for the money, no matter how tempting it may be. If you are doing what you love and just happen to get a lot of money that way, then you are a lucky son of a bitch and I hope you appreciate it, but given a choice between the two pursuits, always go for happy activities.

I spent a huge portion of my early life pursuing money at any cost, forgoing my real passion and any real relationships, and I regret terribly my lost years. I am infinitely happier now than I ever was in my olden days.

Always go for happiness...

misbehavin on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Blake T wrote: »
    Going to jump in at the last second and say yes before HB gets the chance to.

hey blake you should see a doctor about that fever you got there

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Man we all just got a ton of First World Problems here

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    UlisesUlises Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    my answer to all your questions is clutching the sides of my head and yelling I DUNNO I repeatedly

Ulises on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

The thread has been shot in the face

Will it survive

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    misbehavin wrote: »

Fuck money; seriously. Don't pursue anything just for the money, no matter how tempting it may be. If you are doing what you love and just happen to get a lot of money that way, then you are a lucky son of a bitch and I hope you appreciate it, but given a choice between the two pursuits, always go for happy activities.

I spent a huge portion of my early life pursuing money at any cost, forgoing my real passion and any real relationships, and I regret terribly my lost years. I am infinitely happier now than I ever was in my olden days.

Aren't you the guy that admonished everyone one here for not pitying you for losing large sums of money in the economic downturn even though you still had a a shitton left?

Or was that someone else?

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    This weekend, I ate at Five Guys and that made me pretty damn happy.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Edcrab wrote: »

Will it survive

listen Ed, we are about go off into an intellectual deep-end and if you try to hold on to me we will both drown

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This weekend I hung out with awesome people

Then made awesome food with Dru

Work is hectic but cool and life is pretty great

Most major goal for the time being is that I want to buy a house in the next couple years, get a dawg, maybe buy a boat

In essence, just chill

Usagi on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Edcrab wrote: »

Will it survive

listen Ed, we are about go off into an intellectual deep-end and if you try to hold on to me we will both drown

Glug blub blub

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    man, my greatest fear is

brain damage, or paralysis

being afraid of comfort and contentment would be pretty awful

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I want to raise a rad daughter and end up in charge of a library but my life's pretty cool now. I'm not afraid of complacency because I'm goddamn motivated.

Peen on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Usagi wrote: »

Most major goal for the time being is that I want to buy a house in the next couple years, get a dawg, maybe buy a boat

In essence, just chill

ain't wanna hear about yo human caviar

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I would like to have a high paying job so I can take care of my parents
    alternatively, I want my parents to win the lottery so I can do things that will make me happy, but not rich

Tam on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The Geek wrote: »

Aren't you the guy that admonished everyone one here for not pitying you for losing large sums of money in the economic downturn even though you still had a a shitton left?

Or was that someone else?

I'm pretty sure it was him but his point is still valid.

I always thought that if I studied and worked hard to be successful then everything else would fall into place as a result. Now I'm doing really well at work but I'm pretty much miserable. I really need to get in some more travel, broaden my circle of friends, and find a girlfriend. I'm working on it but not having a whole lot of success.

rhylith on
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

No one's saying we need to be Gordon gecko, but certainly earning enough for you to live comfortably (however much that might be) isn't a bad goal. Sometimes this might mean working your arse off but as long as you keep looking at long term plans then I don't see a problem with chasing the dollar.

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i'm baffled by people's dislike of being satisfied

if i were trying to break the world record in the hundred meters that would be one thing but

being INCREDIBLY DRIVEN when you're basically average and probably would never amount to much even with an enormous amount of effort doesn't sound enjoyable at all

POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN on
    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Solar on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mysst wrote: »
    Usagi wrote: »

In essence, just chill

ain't wanna hear about yo human caviar

:winky:

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I think the idea that just because someone is average means they won't amount to anything is an incredibly depressing and narrow look at human life.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Solar wrote: »

Reminds me of this one. God it seems like March is the month Onion writers really pour on the melancholy

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i am so above average

everything i do is in bullet time

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Solar wrote: »

Reminds me of this one. God it seems like March is the month Onion writers really pour on the melancholy

Spring fever

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    i'm baffled by people's dislike of being satisfied

if i were trying to break the world record in the hundred meters that would be one thing but

being INCREDIBLY DRIVEN when you're basically average and probably would never amount to much even with an enormous amount of effort doesn't sound enjoyable at all

I

hm

first of all, success is, in my opinion, much more a matter of practice and determination than being born somehow inherently not-"average"

second of all
    who is to say that one wouldn't amount to much?

it seems weird to say "if you're already talented then I respect your determination, but if you're average then just give up now"

haven't you ever seen a high school football movie

I do agree that one shouldn't always be grasping after goals, but it isn't such a bad thing to see the potential for growth and accomplishment

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The only thing I want right now is for the forum to stop saying it's busy.

Then I want a BJ from Scarlett Johansson.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I think it was more along the lines of busting your ass to be great (see remembered long after your dead or around to know your accomplishments) when talent is just one part of an impossible equation.

When you could just be content with happiness in your fleeting, miserable, nightmare existence.

Maybe I read it wrong.

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That's a way to read it, but it comes out more like how CK read it up there.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hunter wrote: »
    The only thing I want right now is for the forum to stop saying it's busy.

Then I want a BJ from Scarlett Johansson.

Well hey if we're getting into who we want to perform certain sexual acts with

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    "first world problems" as a criticism is a funny thing

when applied to "what ought I to strive for"

not when applied to "my fucking iphone 4 fell in a puddle and i have to use my iphone 3gs until I can afford a new iphone 4 so just kill me now"

Charles Kinbote on