As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

3rd Annual Post-PAX Party @Jillian's: Featuring Jonny Nero and The Protomen!

• Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Congrats, Arco!!! Thanks so much for putting this and well done on getting it sold out!! :D

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    yanthrax wrote:
    TOGSolid wrote:
    Arco wrote:
    I've created a Google Docs spreadsheet that anyone can edit to keep track of who is bringing what consoles. If you plan on bringing consoles or games, please fill out the spreadsheet!
    Good idea! TOGSolid's Salt Factory has been added to the Doc.

Salt factory? I see fighting games. Get ready to bring your A-game! I might also bring a dualmodded TE fightstick, depending on what the PAX tournaments schedule look like.
    My A-Game is kinda laughable (see: awful), but I still somehow manage to get my licks in in fighting games.

I will be making sure all of my games are 100% updated and have complete DLC rosters before I come to PAX. Unfortunately, that means inflicting Platinum on my PS3. Urgh.

I think what I'll do is start the console off with some fighting of streets since that's generally the most popular, and if there's a request for one of the other games, I can come over and swap discs. I have no intention of leaving my games just laying there. They're a lot easier to pinch than a PS3.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    yanthraxyanthrax boners bonersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    TOGSolid wrote:
    yanthrax wrote:
    TOGSolid wrote:
    Arco wrote:
    I've created a Google Docs spreadsheet that anyone can edit to keep track of who is bringing what consoles. If you plan on bringing consoles or games, please fill out the spreadsheet!
    Good idea! TOGSolid's Salt Factory has been added to the Doc.

Salt factory? I see fighting games. Get ready to bring your A-game! I might also bring a dualmodded TE fightstick, depending on what the PAX tournaments schedule look like.
    My A-Game is kinda laughable (see: awful), but I still somehow manage to get my licks in in fighting games.

I will be making sure all of my games are 100% updated and have complete DLC rosters before I come to PAX. Unfortunately, that means inflicting Platinum on my PS3. Urgh.

I think what I'll do is start the console off with some fighting of streets since that's generally the most popular, and if there's a request for one of the other games, I can come over and swap discs. I have no intention of leaving my games just laying there. They're a lot easier to pinch than a PS3.

I don't know what inflicting platinum on your PS3 means, but I own three of the four games and as far as I know you don't really need to platinum everything to get the characters in MvC3, MK9, and SSF4AE. AE has everything unlocked from the get-go, and MvC3's has 2 downloadable characters and 4 characters that can be unlocked after 20 minutes in training mode. The only one that's sort of tedious is MK9 because I don't know if you can unlock Cyber Sub-Zero or Quan Chi without playing through story mode. As far as I know Kenshi, Rain, Skarlet and Freddy are DLC and don't need any unlocks.

I'm sure you already know all this because you're hardcore enough in fighting games to have made your own hitbox though!

edit: don't worry. my A-game will be my alcohol game.

yanthrax on
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    You salty son?

All I'm good at is SFIV and only with one character, but I will kick all the asses with that character.

• Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    Wormdundee wrote:
    You salty son?

All I'm good at is SFIV and only with one character, but I will kick all the asses with that character.

your overhead is so good, omg.

• Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    I'm not really sure about security. I'll get some word from Jillian's today.

In general, though, the security issues on this party have been minimal/nonexistent in the past. People don't go to restaurants looking for parties to crash or buffets to steal from, and especially with a crowd as unique as ours, we aren't going to get many "civilians" wandering in and mooching off of our party. This is doubly true this year since we're farther away from PAX and we won't be getting almost any foot traffic.

One of the reasons I've taken such a lax attitude towards security in the past is that the venue almost always charges us to have employees checking IDs or bracelets or whatever. I pretty much just get someone who wants to volunteer (read: Mentok) to stand at the door before the party, check everyone's tickets, and give out wristbands. I'd rather save the money than spend it on security for a party that, in my opinion, doesn't really need it.

Another reason is that PAXers are awesome people, and I simply don't feel that security is needed at a PAXer event. With very few exceptions PAX goes off without any attendee issues year after year, and the PAX forumer community represents the best of the PAX attendance.

Now, that might be different at this place. We have an entire floor instead of a private room, and we're going to have a lot more consoles floating around. If people are nervous about bringing their expensive electronics, I certainly can't blame them. So I will reach out to Jillian's and get their view on the subject today. :D

Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    ChichenChichen Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Well I'm pretty excited for the party now. What with this being my first PAX and all. I can't stay for too long after 11 though because I have to be up at a decent time the day after to go somewhere important (but fun.)

How many systems are there usually floating about the party?

Chichen on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    Not only are Protomen amazing live...
    tr0tsky wrote:
    Wormdundee wrote:
    You salty son?

your overhead is so good, omg.

Hah.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    yanthrax wrote:
    I don't know what inflicting platinum on your PS3 means

Come innocent forumite, let me fully corrupt you with the horrors of Platinum the Trinity:
    http://blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/Platinum_the_Trinity
    20101010_platinum04.jpg

I already have all of the MK9 DLC and story mode characters so that's not gonna be an issue.
    You salty son?

All I have to say in response to that is: TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER

In conclusion, Arco is the man.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    i wonder what merch the protomen will be selling?

Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
  • Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    I fail at buying tickets on time.

I shall use my immense powers of persuasion and charm to delivery a solution to this problem.

Arco, how YOU doin?

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    ProximaProxima Registered User regular
    Just FYI, we've added this event to the 'social events' module within the PAX guide on Guidebook. Let me know if you'd like anything added to the description, etc, to help clarify.

• Options
    Proxima wrote:
    Just FYI, we've added this event to the 'social events' module within the PAX guide on Guidebook. Let me know if you'd like anything added to the description, etc, to help clarify.

While I really, really appreciate the nod you're giving to us in the app (seriously, that's really fucking cool), the event IS sold out. I don't want hundreds of people wandering up and causing a problem, and if hundreds of people without tickets wander up, it's going to cause a problem.

PM sent.

• Options
    ProximaProxima Registered User regular
    Yeah we've gone ahead and removed the social events section for now -- too much pushback. Thanks!

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Yeah, while it makes sense to point it out on one hand for visibility, it's a preregged event that is closed weeks before, so it doesn't really need/want any more exposure. :D

Looking forward to this.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    http://postpaxdinner.wordpress.com/2011/07/18/2011-menu-poll/
    Current Poll Leaderboard after 434 votes!

I think Arco must have done something because now the poll results are in vote order and not alphabetical order on the webpage. Neat.

1. Assorted Gourmet Pizzas $4.00 11.06% (48 votes)
    2. Crispy Chicken Tenders w/3 Dipping Sauces $4.00 10.37% (45 votes)
    3. Teriyaki Beef Skewers w/Toast Sesame Seeds $4.00 6.68% (29 votes)
    4. Boneless Buffalo Wings w/Ranch Dressing $4.00 6.68% (29 votes)
    5. Skewered Meatballs in a Garlic-Tomato Sauce $3.00 5.3% (23 votes)
    6. Pork Potstickers w/Soy Dipping Sauce $3.00 5.3% (23 votes)
    7. Roasted Garlic Hummus w/Pita Chips $3.00 4.84% (21 votes)
    8. Bacon Wrapped Shrimp w/Smokey Remoulade $5.00 4.15% (18 votes)
    9. Stuffed Mushroom Caps (bacon, cream cheese & onion, or spinach & parmesan) $3.00 3.92% (17 votes)
    10. Seasonal Fresh Fruit Display $3.00 3.69% (16 votes)
    10. Zesty Queso Dip w/Fresh Tortilla Chips $3.00 3.69% (16 votes)
    11. Tortilla Chips w/Homemade Salsa $1.50 3.46% (15 votes)
    12. Chicken & Pineapple Kabobs $4.00 3% (13 votes)
    13. Fresh Tomato & Garlic Bruschetta $3.00 2.76% (12 votes)
    14. Thai Chicken Skewers w/Peanut Dipping Sauce $4.00 2.53% (11 votes)
    15. Crab Stuffed Mushroom Caps $4.00 2.3% (10 votes)
    15. Oven Baked Gulf Shrimp in Zesty Garlic Butter $3.00 2.3% (10 votes)
    16. Vegetable Spring Rolls w/Sweet Chili Sauce $3.50 2.07% (9 votes)
    16. Domestic Cheese and Cracker Display $3.50 2.07% (9 votes)
    16. Fresh Vegetable Crudités w/Chipotle Ranch Dip $2.50 2.07% (9 votes)
    17. Cocktail Crab Cakes w/Lemon Aioli $6.00 1.61% (7 votes)
    17. Crab & Artichoke Dip w/Crackers $5.00 1.61% (7 votes)
    18. Portabella Mushroom Skewers Stuffed w/Roasted Garlic $3.00 1.38% (6 votes)
    18. Sesame Chicken Salad in Pagoda Boxes $4.00 1.38% (6 votes)
    19. Sesame Teriyaki Wings w/Wasabi Dipping Sauce $3.50 1.15% (5 votes)
    19. Coconut Crusted Shrimp w/Louie Sauce $5.00 1.15% (5 votes)
    19. Creamy Spinach & Artichoke Dip w/Tortilla Chips $3.00 1.15% (5 votes)
    20. Blackened Shrimp in a Gorgonzola Cream Sauce $5.50 .69% (3 votes)
    20. Spanakopita Filo Triangles $4.00 .69% (3 votes)
    21. Antipasto Plate $4.00 .46% (2 votes)
    21. Sun-Dried Tomato Pin Wheel Wraps $3.00 .46% (2 votes)

Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    ricksebringricksebring Registered User regular
    i'm just getting to this page now... sadly it's all sold out. Looks like it would be a fantastic party. If any spots open up or what have you please let me know.

• Options
    Spent $600 on Amazon today and $400 on ThinkGeek. You guys are going to flip out.

• Options
    SenicksSenicks Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Arco wrote:
    Protomen will definitely have merch to sell.

Arcade games are NOT free to play for the evening, but pool, darts, and ping pong are.

No worries, knowing that it's happening after PAX 2011 is over and the fact Protomen is coming was enough value for me.

In any case I got a ticket before it was sold out.

Senicks on
  • Options
    afeil117afeil117 Registered User regular
    Arco wrote:
    Spent $600 on Amazon today and $400 on ThinkGeek. You guys are going to flip out.

I heart you so much!

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
  • Options
    tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    so does that mean any future raffle donations should instead be put into the protomen donation box?

• Options
    ChichenChichen Registered User regular
    Arco wrote:

I'll start flipping out when I win something.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    tokyodove wrote:
    so does that mean any future raffle donations should instead be put into the protomen donation box?

I am certain that if raffle donations keep coming in, more stuff will be bought for raffles

• Options
    Arco wrote:

You raised that much in raffle donations? Holy shit. >.>

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    zerzhul wrote:
    tokyodove wrote:

I am certain that if raffle donations keep coming in, more stuff will be bought for raffles

Indeed! I wanted to get this stuff shipped to Seattle well in advance of PAX, but I plan on buying some stuff while I'm in town, as well. So if you're inclined, continue to donate! I'll do whatever I have to do get more prizes. :D

And keep in mind, not everything is being bought. Some stuff is being donated, from some very cool people. ;)

• Options
    MeiteronMeiteron Registered User regular
    My laptop recently exploded (ok, broke down) and one of the things I lost was all my mail history, including the ticket emailed to me a month or so back. Clever fellow I am I hadn't downloaded it or backed it up. Is there any way for eventbrite to resend the ticket?

• Options
    Meiteron: I believe you can go to EventBrite and re-download/mail it somehow. Fiddle around with that and let me know if you can't figure it out.

• Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    http://postpaxdinner.wordpress.com/2011/07/18/2011-menu-poll/
    Current Poll Leaderboard after 448 votes!

1. Assorted Gourmet Pizzas $4.00 10.94% (49 votes)
    2. Crispy Chicken Tenders w/3 Dipping Sauces $4.00 10.71% (48 votes)
    3. Boneless Buffalo Wings w/Ranch Dressing $4.00 6.92% (31 votes)
    4. Teriyaki Beef Skewers w/Toast Sesame Seeds $4.00 6.47% (29 votes)
    5. Skewered Meatballs in a Garlic-Tomato Sauce $3.00 5.36% (24 votes)
    6. Pork Potstickers w/Soy Dipping Sauce $3.00 5.13% (23 votes)
    7. Roasted Garlic Hummus w/Pita Chips $3.00 4.69% (21 votes)
    8. Bacon Wrapped Shrimp w/Smokey Remoulade $5.00 4.02% (18 votes)
    9. Stuffed Mushroom Caps (bacon, cream cheese & onion, or spinach & parmesan) $3.00 3.79% (17 votes)
    9. Zesty Queso Dip w/Fresh Tortilla Chips $3.00 3.79% (17 votes)
    10. Seasonal Fresh Fruit Display $3.00 3.57% (16 votes)
    11. Tortilla Chips w/Homemade Salsa $1.50 3.35% (15 votes)
    12. Chicken & Pineapple Kabobs $4.00 3.13% (14 votes)
    13. Fresh Tomato & Garlic Bruschetta $3.00 2.68% (12 votes)
    14. Thai Chicken Skewers w/Peanut Dipping Sauce $4.00 2.46% (11 votes)
    14. Oven Baked Gulf Shrimp in Zesty Garlic Butter $3.00 2.46% (11 votes)
    14. Vegetable Spring Rolls w/Sweet Chili Sauce $3.50 2.46% (11 votes)
    15. Crab Stuffed Mushroom Caps $4.00 2.3% (10 votes)
    16. Domestic Cheese and Cracker Display $3.50 2.01% (9 votes)
    16. Fresh Vegetable Crudités w/Chipotle Ranch Dip $2.50 2.01% (9 votes)
    17. Cocktail Crab Cakes w/Lemon Aioli $6.00 1.56% (7 votes)
    17. Crab & Artichoke Dip w/Crackers $5.00 1.56% (7 votes)
    18. Portabella Mushroom Skewers Stuffed w/Roasted Garlic $3.00 1.34% (6 votes)
    18. Sesame Chicken Salad in Pagoda Boxes $4.00 1.34% (6 votes)
    18. Creamy Spinach & Artichoke Dip w/Tortilla Chips $3.00 1.34% (6 votes)
    19. Sesame Teriyaki Wings w/Wasabi Dipping Sauce $3.50 1.12% (5 votes)
    19. Coconut Crusted Shrimp w/Louie Sauce $5.00 1.12% (5 votes)
    20. Spanakopita Filo Triangles $4.00 .89% (4 votes)
    21. Blackened Shrimp in a Gorgonzola Cream Sauce $5.50 .67% (3 votes)
    22. Antipasto Plate $4.00 .45% (2 votes)
    22. Sun-Dried Tomato Pin Wheel Wraps $3.00 .45% (2 votes)

Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    MeiteronMeiteron Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Arco wrote:
    Meiteron: I believe you can go to EventBrite and re-download/mail it somehow. Fiddle around with that and let me know if you can't figure it out.

After a bit of the aforementioned fiddling I got my tickets re-downloaded, thanks for the tip!

If anyone ends up in the same situation, if you just go to the main eventbrite page there's an option to log in with the username/pw used when you bought the tickets. Your account page will have the ticket info to redownload (they store them for awhile, too... all my tickets from the last couple PAXes are archived).

Meiteron on
  • Options
    B for BusinessB for Business Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Can I show the pdf of the ticket on my phone at the door, instead of printing it out?

Apologize if answered already.

B for Business on
    Xbox Live - Jaxon121906 10k
    PSN - B_for_Business
  • Options
    DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    Can I show the pdf of the ticket on my phone at the door, instead of printing it out?

Apologize if answered already.

A barcode on a phone is the same as a barcode on a piece of paper. ;)

Also, previously answered. Somewhere in the middle pages.

[E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Options
    Thanks, DStalefish. Can't wait to cuddle. <333

• Options
    aweisbergaweisberg Registered User regular
    I am confused by the whole PAX badges get in free, but you can buy a ticket thing? If ticket's are sold out does that mean I should show up and if there is space I can still get in? I read the OP pretty closely and couldn't tell.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    aweisberg wrote:
    I am confused by the whole PAX badges get in free, but you can buy a ticket thing? If ticket's are sold out does that mean I should show up and if there is space I can still get in? I read the OP pretty closely and couldn't tell.

That's not this event, that's the Friday night Protomen/Jonny Nero thing. In addition, for THAT event, a PAX badge will get you in free if they aren't sold out.

• Options
    aweisberg wrote:

Didn't read the OP very closely, apparently. You're thinking of the Protomen show on Friday at El Corazon. This is not a thread for that event.

• Options
    aweisbergaweisberg Registered User regular
    tr0tsky wrote:
    aweisberg wrote:

Didn't read the OP very closely, apparently. You're thinking of the Protomen show on Friday at El Corazon. This is not a thread for that event.
    Ah my bad, too many tabs.

• Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    For those unfamiliar with the area -

If you plan to drive to Jillian's, there is a ton of free parking on the east side of the street along Lake Union, just north of Jillian's. HIDE ALL THE VALUABLES IN YOUR VEHICLE. I cannot stress that enough. The neighborhood's been a little rough lately (I work just up the street) and cars are broken into on a regular basis. Stow your PAX swag and remove any tech hookups including GPS stands.

Also if you plan to drive - have more than one route mapped out to get back to the hotel. Due to the Mercer St. construction, night-time traffic patterns change on a weekly or even nightly basis. It's not really a hassle, but you may be forced onto 9th St instead of Westlake. It all depends on how they decide to play with the traffic cones that night. It's a 24/7 project so it'll still be going on Sunday.

5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Quite looking forward to this late night at an eat and play place (our Gameworks closed down awhile back, I no longer live near D&B, and the Jillian's (now Sky Deck lanes) in the MoA closes at 9:30pm on weekends), but I have a question about the voting on the food deal.

Are only a certain number of top x items in the poll going to be available during the party? I have no problem eating anything on the list, but I'd like to know if I need to keep an eye out on the kitchen doors for the foodstuffs I voted on while I'm there if (next to) everything will be represented; with the amount of course tied to the number of votes in the poll.

• Options
    Are only a certain number of top x items in the poll going to be available during the party? I have no problem eating anything on the list, but I'd like to know if I need to keep an eye out on the kitchen doors for the foodstuffs I voted on while I'm there if (next to) everything will be represented; with the amount of course tied to the number of votes in the poll.

Yes, they're going to make food selections based on the top options. The other stuff won't be there at all.

• Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    tr0tsky wrote:

Yes, they're going to make food selections based on the top options. The other stuff won't be there at all.
    Good to know, thanks!