We have a new update on The Future of the Penny Arcade Forums.

PAX East 2012

• FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Anaway wrote: »
    ^-^ Friendly part is easy, since I like people anyway. I will try to crack out of my shell and talk to people. XD Bery shy. And thank you. :3

You may want to check out the Pre-PAX dinner. I went there knowing almost no one and left with a bunch of new names and a couple of funny pictures. It's a great ice breaker.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Frugus wrote: »
    You may want to check out the Pre-PAX dinner. I went there knowing almost no one and left with a bunch of new names and a couple of funny pictures. It's a great ice breaker.

I think this past year's PPD went pretty well. It was kinda crazy for me as the host but it seemed like a ton of people were conversing and getting to know each other.

Rdr on
  • arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Rdr wrote: »

I think this past year's PPD went pretty well. It was kinda crazy for me as the host but it seemed like a ton of people were conversing and getting to know each other.

WHO ARE YOU? GO AWAY!

;)

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
    edited June 2011
    *sulks and walks away*

Rdr on
    edited June 2011

I still have that picture of you with a hat that says "Betty White makes me hard".
    Welcome to the club buddy :wink:

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • TekPunkTekPunk Registered User new member
    edited June 2011
    I figure this is as good a place as any to make my first post. I went to PAX East '11 with Zerzhul, but was never actually on the forums before, but with East '12 on the horizon, I figure I should make more of an effort to be social (on the internet).

So, hi!

TekPunk on
    edited June 2011
    TekPunk wrote: »
    I figure this is as good a place as any to make my first post. I went to PAX East '11 with Zerzhul, but was never actually on the forums before, but with East '12 on the horizon, I figure I should make more of an effort to be social (on the internet).

So, hi!

Hey man! I'm glad you're coming back to East next year. Looking forward to hanging with you again.

I still have that picture of you with a hat that says "Betty White makes me hard".
    Welcome to the club buddy :wink:

She's my silver...err..white fox.

Rdr on
  • AnawayAnaway Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    TekPunk wrote: »

So, hi!

Hello there! :D I am also sort of new to the forums, just like you. :3

Anaway on
    edited June 2011
    Gameshark wrote: »
    XD Hi, I am a girl. And that's cool! I am very happy I can finally go with someone now. I might bump into my other friend, but it's nice to know you have some to hang with. :) I totally accept your offer! I don't know how old you are, but I am going to be 19 next year. XD Hope you don't mind my age.
    Not an issue. You'll have to deal with someone who acts like a kid in the candy store on the con show floor. I'll also be the ripe old age of 22 at next PAX East. (I colour my hair because I like the way it looks, not to hide the grey... I swear!)

But hey, as you get closer, try to find people on here who want to do the same things you do as well. And I highly recommend the pre-PAX events if you can make it. Be in the pub crawl, the board games, dinner, whatever. All are great ways to meet people. So are lines - you have at least one thing in common with the people next to you there.
    Cannot echo this enough as well for everyone. I can honestly say I would not have had as much fun as I did if it were not for all the amazing people I met from participating in the Pax Pokemon League. Mucho <3 for you all.

XD It's fine. I'm like a kid too when it comes to this stuff. So we're both alright on this. LOL

Anaway on
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

I'm just hoping that I dont have anything come up that interferes with the PPD next year. I'm willing to miss it for a Bruins game but nothing else.

gigabrain on
    fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • 1800nightlife1800nightlife Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    gigabrain wrote: »

I'm just hoping that I dont have anything come up that interferes with the PPD next year. I'm willing to miss it for a Bruins game but nothing else.

Psht Bruins. Completely not worth it! :).

1800nightlife on
    steam_sig.png
    Xboxlive: Nightlife1800
    http://1800nightlife.tumblr.com/
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

Thats not true.....thats IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

gigabrain on
    fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Anaway, feel free to hang out with my crowd! I'm always looking to meet awesome folks. The handheld lounge was a great area to meet people, I found.

Rdr - sorry this is so late, I totally forgot to follow up on this thread.... but HI! I won't forget that we still have to battle!

RainbowTunnel on
    edited July 2011
    Anaway, feel free to hang out with my crowd! I'm always looking to meet awesome folks. The handheld lounge was a great area to meet people, I found.

Rdr - sorry this is so late, I totally forgot to follow up on this thread.... but HI! I won't forget that we still have to battle!

XD Why hello there! And thank you for the offer. Another has also offered, that would be gameshark, but I am willing to meet anyone! :D The more friends the merrier!

Anaway on
    edited July 2011

XD Why hello there! And thank you for the offer. Another has also offered, that would be gameshark, but I am willing to meet anyone! :D The more friends the merrier!

Phear not - if you hang out with me, you'll also be hanging out with Gameshark. He follows me around, you see.

RainbowTunnel on
    edited July 2011

Phear not - if you hang out with me, you'll also be hanging out with Gameshark. He follows me around, you see.

This is just completely win then! :D

Anaway on
  • GamesharkGameshark Watch how I soar Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Thats not true.....thats IMPOSSIBLE!!!!
    All this hockey talk is making me think about my poor, poor Leafs. Ah jeez... I wanted Richards, not Connolly. It's a shame the Leafs aren't playing Boston during next PAX East, I'd be all over that.

I.... wut?! Don't be tricked by Rainbow's innocent disposition Anaway - it's a trap. She starts off cool but then has all this crazy talk about how Monopoly can actually be considered "fun" and/or "enjoyable".

Gameshark on
    edited July 2011

I.... wut?! Don't be tricked by Rainbow's innocent disposition Anaway - it's a trap. She starts off cool but then has all this crazy talk about how Monopoly can actually be considered "fun" and/or "enjoyable".

Not to worry, Anaway, Gameshark is just a flustered wittle husky puppy cause he's afraid of getting his butt whooped by a little girl. He's not always this annoying - in fact, he grows on you after awhile, so I hope you'll still consider hanging out with us.

RainbowTunnel on
    edited July 2011

Which means you guys will randomly see me 3-5 times throughout the event and say hi and make my day awesome!

Rdr on
    edited July 2011

Not to worry, Anaway, Gameshark is just a flustered wittle husky puppy cause he's afraid of getting his butt whooped by a little girl. He's not always this annoying - in fact, he grows on you after awhile, so I hope you'll still consider hanging out with us.

XD Oh pfffttt. He's completely fine. I don't even consider him even close to annoying. :)

Anaway on
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    How is it that this thread exists and I didn't know about it?! It's filled with all of my favorite people! :O

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
    edited July 2011
    Propriety! If this wasn't the internet, I'd totally hug you... so I guess you'll just have to settle for an internet!hug *huggles* This really is turning into a gathering of all the coolest people I met at East.

Rdr - don't worry, I'll probably be seeing you 3-5 times a day, just like last year : P

RainbowTunnel on
  • GamesharkGameshark Watch how I soar Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh man, I'm already imagining rolling deep at next PAX East with a huge posse. That is of course until I eventually get lost from everyone when I run off after spotting shinny thing. Ha.. ha... oh it's so sad because it'll eventually become true.

I need to fret over Prime for now, but when we get closer to East this thread has inspired me to plan a reunion for everyone. It will be quite "legit."

Gameshark on
    edited July 2011
    Oh man, I'm already imagining rolling deep at next PAX East with a huge posse. That is of course until I eventually get lost from everyone when I run off after spotting shinny thing. Ha.. ha... oh it's so sad because it'll eventually become true.

I need to fret over Prime for now, but when we get closer to East this thread has inspired me to plan a reunion for everyone. It will be quite "legit."

Everyone is your possee at PAX.

Also, where do I call if I want to see our own countdown reset?

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • TrionTrion Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Are you guys making plans already? Sheesh, I'm not even sure I've recovered.

;-)

Trion on
    edited July 2011
    I love how, despite being submerged in a sea of blue, our little East thread seems to bob pretty near the surface.

Also, Anamanaguchi better be playing this year or I might have to rage.

RainbowTunnel on
  • PoeticMadnesssPoeticMadnesss Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Trion wrote: »
    Are you guys making plans already? Sheesh, I'm not even sure I've recovered.

;-)

I know the feeling Trion :P I haven't been keeping up with these forums, but I've been fully aware of my pokemon-related goals for the next East gathering, and trust me, I have been working tirelessly.

And holy crap, everyone is here!...despite the fact that I only met a few of you face to face! >.> Hopefully I'll see the rest of you next year.

PoeticMadnesss on
    **Pokemon**
    Black: 0647 5155 3272
    Pkmn Breeder
    Certified Gold Card Carrier - (E4, Entralink, Musical, Pokedex Complete)
    edited July 2011
    And holy crap, everyone is here!...despite the fact that I only met a few of you face to face! >.> Hopefully I'll see the rest of you next year.

Yeah, I'm right there with you. I'm looking forward to seeing all the very best people again. It's the only place I'm remotely normal.

Trion on
    edited July 2011
    Trion, did I meet you? I'm ashamed to say I don't quite remember.

RainbowTunnel on
    edited July 2011
    Last time I was marred with last minute planning issues and shoddy note taking. The amount of failed meet ups is staggering. I should get an achievement for it.

This being said I will concentrate on this for next year, and also, will actively seek out those of us who are early birds to do something. Not necessarely an official activity, but I noticed on Twitter that we a good bunch that do wake up around 5 in the morning.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
    edited July 2011

Yes, you may remember me better as "Cameron the Photographer". Others may remember me as the guy organizing the Dragon Quest 9 Meet-ups.

Trion on
    edited July 2011
    Trion wrote: »

Yes, you may remember me better as "Cameron the Photographer". Others may remember me as the guy organizing the Dragon Quest 9 Meet-ups.

YOU. ROCK. Okay then, it's not that I don't remember meeting you, it's that I didn't associate this username with you - it has been fixed.

Also - I agree with the meetup idea. Let's just see if we remember to plan everything when we have the info to do it hahahaha

RainbowTunnel on
    edited July 2011
    YOU. ROCK. Okay then, it's not that I don't remember meeting you, it's that I didn't associate this username with you - it has been fixed.

Also - I agree with the meetup idea. Let's just see if we remember to plan everything when we have the info to do it hahahaha

Awwww, thanks. :)

And I too will be keeping an eye on this thread to see what kind of meetings develop. I'm sure I'll wind up getting involved in some kind of community even. Those are the best!

Trion on
  • XerlithXerlith Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Has this become the new PPL thread or something? Everybody's here!

I'm somewhat disappointed by the fact that East 2012 is on Easter Weekend (though it's better than the same dates in March, which are my midterms). I'll probably still be able to go; I'll just need to talk my mom and grandmother into letting me (wait, that might be harder than I thought. My grandma's the "you need to go to church because you need to go to church" type). I really want to go, though, and I'll try my best to get there.

(If you don't remember me, it might be because I have more of a tendency to lurk than post, and I didn't get to talk to many of you at PAX (because of my tendency to lurk rather than introduce myself). I was the guy with the Ash hat (that's not specific enough, is it? If you battled me, odds are my Breloom annoyed the hell out of you).)

And Poetic, I did get and respond to your message over on the PPL forums, but you might not have seen that because they seem to get less traffic than these.

Xerlith on
    You vant to cross, maybe?
    SoulSilver: 5200 4466 6956
    Black: 1721 2788 2039
    PAX East 2014 Checklist: Passes Purchased [X] Passes Received [ ] Transportation [ ] Hotel Reservation [X]
  • PoeticMadnesssPoeticMadnesss Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Xerlith wrote: »

And Poetic, I did get and respond to your message over on the PPL forums, but you might not have seen that because they seem to get less traffic than these.

I saw and responded :P

PoeticMadnesss on
    **Pokemon**
    Black: 0647 5155 3272
    Pkmn Breeder
    Certified Gold Card Carrier - (E4, Entralink, Musical, Pokedex Complete)
    edited July 2011
    Someone explain to my work that I will have a hard time PAX East planning and helping peeps now that they've blocked PA.com. :(

I'll find a way on during work hours but kinda sucks.

Nice to see us congregating and getting excited for East 2012. It's gonna be awesome!

Rdr on
    edited July 2011
    Someone explain to my work that I will have a hard time PAX East planning and helping peeps now that they've blocked PA.com. :(

I'll find a way on during work hours but kinda sucks.

Nice to see us congregating and getting excited for East 2012. It's gonna be awesome!

I don't want to suggest anything illegal on the PA forums, because that would be in bad form.

use a proxy

RainbowTunnel on
  • XerlithXerlith Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I saw and responded :P

Alright, my reply's away. Sorry that took a bit; I had to grill burgers.

Xerlith on
    You vant to cross, maybe?
    SoulSilver: 5200 4466 6956
    Black: 1721 2788 2039
    PAX East 2014 Checklist: Passes Purchased [X] Passes Received [ ] Transportation [ ] Hotel Reservation [X]
    edited July 2011
    XD I'll be really glad to meet all of you :D

Anaway on
  • BeerNgamingBeerNgaming Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    You people are giving me some serious PAX itch. Which is brutal, because the next east is a long way away yet.

However, if I can make it, I will. And this time, I'm doing it on my terms. Hell, I don't think many of my friends will make it out anyway. That means hitting the pre-PAX dinner and meeting more of you (Like Frugus, my fellow Canadian), and seeing the town a bit before things start.

Only person from here I met (that I know of) was Rdr. Though I do have a picture of my friend with RainbowTunnel.

BeerNgaming on