As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Leona delayed, Champion Spotlight videos still dumb

• Options
    VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Draygo wrote: »
    Irelia shouldnt lane against fid.

Varethius on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dunxco wrote: »
    So, I have a question:

As Irelia, what options do I have against Fiddlesticks in mid-lane at the start?

Because every Fiddlesticks I go against just pushes me away from the vicinity of the mobs with his crows, and if I poke him? Fear > Drain > I retreat worse for wear than him.

It's really really fucking annoying.

He's really tough to shut down in a lane right now because of that 5 bird level 1 silence. As Irelia you've got the blink, it out-ranges both his fear and drain, use that advantage to do quick bursts. He's also vulnerable as hell as he channels his drain, which doesn't do a lot of damage early. So whenever I see him try it on a minion, I punish the hell out of him for it. He's also about as sturdy as a wet paper sack. So maybe run ignite and when you poke, just stick around to finish him off after the fear is done.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    stun him when he tries to drain you

I do that but it doesn't seem to help a whole lot. :(
    swap lanes with someone with range or a ranged stun/knock back

And this is what ended up happening. Switched with Anivia and went bottom instead where I felt much more effective but the damage was done - Fids was fed and pretty much carried the entire team the whole match.

One of the steps to getting to be a great player is just knowing which match-ups should be avoided and correcting for them before the feeding occurs. Just write it in your notebook or whatever, "Do not lane against Fid."

Speaking of "writing in notebooks" and being too lazy to actually do such a thing. Does anyone have a list of average times where a jungler following the standard blue-wolves-wraiths-red path will show up at red? I think knowing a good range for that would really help with sneaking into the jungle and ganking early.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

And this is what ended up happening. Switched with Anivia and went bottom instead where I felt much more effective but the damage was done - Fids was fed and pretty much carried the entire team the whole match.

One of the steps to getting to be a great player is just knowing which match-ups should be avoided and correcting for them before the feeding occurs. Just write it in your notebook or whatever, "Do not lane against Fid."

Speaking of "writing in notebooks" and being too lazy to actually do such a thing. Does anyone have a list of average times where a jungler following the standard blue-wolves-wraiths-red path will show up at red? I think knowing a good range for that would really help with sneaking into the jungle and ganking early.
    http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=96871&d=1309047152

http://clgaming.net/board/board39-reign-of-gaming/board42-tier-lists/board46-jungle/2457-jungle-tier-list-yorick-era-v2/

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    You might be able to just time Stonewall's jungling videos off of youtube for it. I used to actually know the times when I jungled a lot more often, but I've since forgotten. Also most people know to leash blue now, and a good many junglers can start at mini golems and be just as efficient. So the info might end up pretty situational.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

If my memory serves it's almost always right around when smite comes back up, so: time when blue spawns + smite CD.

I'm pretty sure any time I've done blue to red I end up smiting both, so that feels right.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Speaking of Leona, or not. Every time I see her name I think of this song:

http://youtu.be/NJX3GK4LvJA

Especially since it's about a fat bouncer named Leona

Edit why do I suck at youtubes posting?

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I just discovered that Yorick can ult a friendly Mordekaiser's ghosts.

Morde just nabbed a fed carry? Get another one!

eeSanG on
    LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    What the hell is wrong with you guys, Irelia should be able to lane fine vs Fid.

zeeny on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Irelia should rush Merc Treads, grab a red pot, and destroy Fiddles.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    You might be able to just time Stonewall's jungling videos off of youtube for it. I used to actually know the times when I jungled a lot more often, but I've since forgotten. Also most people know to leash blue now, and a good many junglers can start at mini golems and be just as efficient. So the info might end up pretty situational.

Hmm. Can we discuss jungling theory here, then? Everyone knows how to leash, but in my experience (I jungle Rammus quite often) leashing doesn't particularly increase my time to kill on blue, it mostly just decreases the total damage I take during the initial fight, which lets me not worry about pausing during my first run through every pull, and maybe have enough HP left at the end for a gank before b-ing.

What is the benefit of starting at mini-golems? Just being less predictable? It would slow me down significantly since I rely on the mana regen from blue. Also, it'd mean I was either not using smite on both buff fights, or else I was waiting for it to come back up.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Arikado wrote: »
    Irelia should rush Merc Treads, grab a red pot, and destroy Fiddles.

Even without, she should need like 100-150 additional damage early levels to kill him outright and if it gets late, she can just ignore him. Ask Soraka from bot to come and auto attack him twice so you can kill him if you don't have a jungler or whatever.

zeeny on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Hmm. Can we discuss jungling theory here, then? Everyone knows how to leash, but in my experience (I jungle Rammus quite often) leashing doesn't particularly increase my time to kill on blue, it mostly just decreases the total damage I take during the initial fight, which lets me not worry about pausing during my first run through every pull, and maybe have enough HP left at the end for a gank before b-ing.

What is the benefit of starting at mini-golems? Just being less predictable? It would slow me down significantly since I rely on the mana regen from blue. Also, it'd mean I was either not using smite on both buff fights, or else I was waiting for it to come back up.

The only cases you start @ minis/wraiths/whatever:

- You really, really, really don't want to risk a lvl 1 fight.
    - You aren't mana dependent, so you may leave even first blue for one of your solos as they approach six.
    - You are mana dependent but you can't clear with blue, so why the fuck would you start blue and not have it for your gank.
    - You are Nunu, your jungle route is his wraiths, your wraiths, his minis, your minis.

zeeny on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Well this game is going to be a winner.

3 people fighting over who has mid

and the fourth person says

FUCK I PICKED THE WRONG CHAMP SOMEONE LEAVE QUICK

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    this is going to be so awesome. there are 3 people in mid lane. all yelling at each other and the person who picked wrong is AFK

yessssssss

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    this is going to be so awesome. there are 3 people in mid lane. all yelling at each other and the person who picked wrong is AFK

yessssssss

You still can win if you don't fail your team and manage to solo top and bot.

zeeny on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

yessssssss

We are going to need continuous updates on the state of this game.

Also tell them to triple mid.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    zeeny wrote: »

The only cases you start @ minis/wraiths/whatever:

- You really, really, really don't want to risk a lvl 1 fight.
    - You aren't mana dependent, so you may leave even first blue for one of your solos as they approach six.
    - You are mana dependent but you can't clear with blue, so why the fuck would you start blue and not have it for your gank.
    - You are Nunu, your jungle route is his wraiths, your wraiths, his minis, your minis.

I like doing it because it's unpredictable first and foremost. I play normals and you simply cannot count on your team to protect the jungle at level 1 there. It's probably a little less efficient than the standard run, but I like it because it gives you a lot of options. You can back at 4 to buy items and not suffer badly for it, plus have pretty much full health and wards to drop when you gank at 6. You also have more flexibility in being able to help out lanes who get into early trouble. It also leaves open options to steal the enemy jungle, or counter jungle him since again, you'll usually be at higher health if you don't start at blue. I usually do the smaller creep camps and then gank or recall, then do blue and red, then either gank or go kill the now re-spawned other creeps. I feel like it's a more sustained jungle route that way.

Junglers like Nunu can start anywhere, it doesn't matter for him. Mana dependent junglers basically have to start at blue golem though.

Edit: I should point out though that when you start at golems you have to be very aware of your experience intake, because you can pretty quickly fall behind in level on that route if you're not efficiently balancing jungling and ganking.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I have a new game worthy PC, and the premise of this game sounds amazing, and similar to my beloved Sacrifice and Brutal Legend. I'm downloading it now, and intend to play it in the style of such, with lots of towers and units rather than attack power.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Cantido wrote: »
    I have a new game worthy PC, and the premise of this game sounds amazing, and similar to my beloved Sacrifice and Brutal Legend. I'm downloading it now, and intend to play it in the style of such, with lots of towers and units rather than attack power.

I ummmm...uhhhh

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

This should be good.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

These are not the droids you are looking for.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    A lot of good junglers start at wraiths these days, actually. In general you want to get wraiths/wolves/minis respawning early, then do your buffs. It makes the buff camps a lot safer and it's the optimal path to get you quickly to level 6 which is when a lot of junglers hit their ganking stride. Starting at wraiths or minis also prevents a lot of the usual counter-jungling shenanigans.

If you're looking to do super-early ganks starting at blue can keep you more sustainable, but that's only really worthwhile on a couple of junglers (ie: Ali, Shaco.)

Squidget0 on
  • Options
    Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

You're going to be playing a very, very boring game then.
    You can't build towers or units.

Thor1590 on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Thor1590 wrote: »

He could play exclusively Hiemerdinger and use Rally.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    You are looking at it all wrong.

Trilanes are hilarious.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

haha I was thinking about that.

You could also be annie and only use her ult. Pokemans.

Thor1590 on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Every 5th Tibbers stuns!

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Ah, wrong choice of words. Perhaps something of a support role like in Monday Night Combat.

Cantido on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Ah, wrong choice of words. Perhaps something of a support role like in Monday Night Combat.

Sona Soraka Janna Taric Zilean Karma and I guess Lux are the supporty champs.

I might be missing someone

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Lux is not supporty.

Lux is killy.

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Lux is not supporty.

Lux is killy.

Lux Bu?

Cantido on
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    pick ad sion

have entire team focus you

ult from yorick

you mad bro's?

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I haven't played sion as AD since I started playing I think

I should in honor of the new skin (whenever I can buy it)

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Lux is not supporty.

Lux is killy.

Lux is both.

Kill entire enemy team, shield your team, and prevent enemies from chasing your carry by dropping your circle and leaving it on the ground.

Draygo on
  • Options
    VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

Sona Soraka Janna Taric Zilean Karma and I guess Lux are the supporty champs.

I might be missing someone

I think you could class Galio as support.

Varethius on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yeah I mean as far as Lol goes tanks are really just hardy supports.

Tanks and supports do the same thing really, make your killy mans live longer to kill more mans.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Lux is not supporty.

Lux is killy.

Lux is both.

Kill entire enemy team, shield your team, and prevent enemies from chasing your carry by dropping your circle and leaving it on the ground.

I hate Lux so much.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    When the new tank comes out my friend and I are going to Team Laser troll every game.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So for a new player this bug where I can't Champion pick, followed by having to random, and topped with game never starting is AMAZING.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
This discussion has been closed.