As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[True Blood]...what is going on?

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    I'd pay money if they'd leave Sookie and vampire Bill out of the last episode!

They die before the opening credits.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    I'd pay money if they'd leave Sookie and vampire Bill out of the last episode!

They die before the opening credits.

To late for a kickstarter?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    So final episode in ~19 hours, anyone want to get any last minute predictions in?

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Everyone dies.

...please?

edit - Nah, I can see Bill turning human somehow and him and Sookie living happy ever after. As stupid as that will be.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    The newlan plot has gone nowhere as well, and they have 45 minutes left. Meaning to resolve it, there going to have to do a montage of what happens after the shit goes down.
    I mean, they synthesized her blood anyways, they dont need her alive anymore. There has to be some weird revelation there.

Super crazy prediction:
    the entire episode is '10 years later' with no finale taking place, and everyone thinks bill is dead. and then at the very end he pops up going 'soooooooooooooookie, I took the cure when you werent looking so I could hide and not be your love interest and still live, but I cant live without you!'

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Good lord, words cannot express how bad last week's episode was. Here's hoping they saved up the good stuff for tonight.

Mace1370 on
  • Options
    5 minutes in and I'm already hating this episode.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Eric - you beautiful bastard. I want that car gif

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Well, depending on how the rest of the episode goes, I may just consider Eric driving off in a car-full of bodies the end of the series. Best to remember the episode on a high note.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    yea, what ever happened to vampires being "not human" in their thoughts and motivations etc. this is the most soap opera of soap operas right now... jessica just pulled bill into the room to yell at him and it might as well be days of our lives.
    We're family... remember?
    Yea, that was hard to forget right? because you know... seasons ago we established a plot point? Do they think we are that forgetful because it sure was acted that way?

useless4 on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Like the final season and especially ending of Dexter, people will try to defend the last season and especially final 2 episodes of True Blood

And I can't sympathize with or understand either

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Like the final season and especially ending of Dexter, people will try to defend the last season and especially final 2 episodes of True Blood

And I can't sympathize with or understand either

I don't think anyone will defend it.

There's no possible way they'd be able to.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    well it has hoyt so that's a reason. maybe if they would have brought back terry?

hey wasn't this an exact scene out of She's All That?

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Oh god dammit.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    this is the exact opposite of why people watch this show isn't it?

Wait do other people remember that Hoyt and Jessica played house with a demon baby doll for a season?
    Because I am not sure what's creepier, the fact everyone is good with a one night stand turned into a wedding or Hoyt coming back and pretending not to know Jessica and him were in a relationship. Very confused.

useless4 on
  • Options
    Fuck. Why do I have a feeling I know what's going to happen?

Please be wrong, please be wrong

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

Blade shows up?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Her hadouken probably gonna make both of them human.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    useless4 wrote: »

Blade shows up?

True Blood existing in the Marvel Universe would be epic.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    20 minutes left and Lafayette still hasn't shown up this episode.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    Her hadouken probably gonna make both of them human.

Yeah, this has been my thought the whole night. My only hope? An epilogue where she finds her celphone and we get to hear all her voicemails.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Guess not!

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Color me surprised.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    that's a
    disturbing end to your love affair, bathing in his blood.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Would've been a lot cleaner if she'd just lighted him to death.

Real smart there Sookie.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ok they could have at least teased something about who she was with and what his fucked up story was

• Options
    These people do not deserve this.

Needed more death dammit.

Also too many babies.

And what the fuck happened to Lafayette?

And who would marry Sookie?

And why the fuck did Jason marry that woman he knew for like a day?

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Okay, that actually was an interesting choice for the last scene.
    the guy completely didn't matter. He probably wasn't "important" at all.

Which is as good a closure for sookie as we could ever get.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    WE ARE FREE AND DONE! ALL CLEAR NEVER TO BE TEMPTED TO GIVE IT JUST ONE MORE EPISODE!!!!

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Ok done with that dumb vampire show.

Gonna go watch another dumb vampire show now.

• Options
    I will say, and least they didn't lumberjack Sookie or something.

But god this season was just terrible.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    Okay, that actually was an interesting choice for the last scene.
    the guy completely didn't matter. He probably wasn't "important" at all.

Which is as good a closure for sookie as we could ever get.
    Yeah, I... actually don't mind not knowing who he was. The whole point was that she got a normal relationship.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    I've only ever watched the first 4 episodes of S1, someone spoil me on the finale.

• Options
    Bubby wrote: »
    I've only ever watched the first 4 episodes of S1, someone spoil me on the finale.

Disappointment.

And awesome Eric Northman.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Welp, what I want to happen now is for all the writers to murdered so they can never unleash pain on the world again.

Second thing I want done is for some good writers to pick up a show that follows Eric and Pam just after she was turned. A show about bad vampires doing bad things and no one can stop them. Make a show about the bad guy. It works for Game of Thrones!

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Bubby wrote: »

The show continues to be groanworthy through every season... but if you don't take it too seriously, the decline in plot quality is met with a ramping up of awesome characters continuing to be awesome.

Eric and Pam and Jason and Hoyt and Jessica and Andy and Lafayette and many others continued to make the show a joy to watch, if wholly empty calories.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Yeah, the highpoint of the ep was definitely
    Eric in the yakuzamobile

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Wow. That was an ending? I feel like we missed a bunch of sidequests to unlock the good ending.
    Considering how open True Blood has been with alternative relationships throughout its run, it feels like a HUGE slap in the face to imply that monogamously married with children is clearly the best and only path... unless you're gay, but then you should probably adopt.

They successfully surprised me that Sookie staked Bill to death, but that's mainly because of the whole "suddenly able to read his thoughts" derailment. So yeah, if you invent misleading bullshit, you can TOTALLY make us think you're going in a direction that would justify the bullshit. Joke's on us though.

Meanwhile, Jessica and Hoyt terribly rush their relationship, successfully learning NOTHING from what caused it to fail before (rushing into living together and then resenting each other as they grew apart). And they do all this for a guy who was dead the next night! Genius.

Lafayette is for some reason not even invited to the wedding, apparently he was busy that day?

Finally, we have the ridiculously dark coda of Sarah Newlon being tortured and enslaved for the rest of her life (?). Which the show puts right alongside the happy Thanksgiving dinner. Apparently we're meant to be just as happy about a lifetime of torture as Sookie getting married to some random? Sarah Newlon was a bad, hypocritical person for sure, but watching someone sink into insanity as they're tortured for life isn't exactly "happy series ending" material.

To be fair, Eric head bobbing to the Tokyo Drift music was pretty funny. To be also fair, but less kind, the only reason Eric didn't murder these jerks back in the EIGHTIES was idiotic pacing of this storyline.

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    I think the most offensive thing was that we got 5 minutes of awesome in the beginning with Eric and Pam finally doing something... and then the rest of the episode was pure garbage just like the rest of the last season. Such a tease!

• Options
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    I think the most offensive thing was that we got 5 minutes of awesome in the beginning with Eric and Pam finally doing something... and then the rest of the episode was pure garbage just like the rest of the last season. Such a tease!

They spent at least 30 minutes on the wedding alone.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA