Options

[True Blood]...what is going on?

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    The fuck did I just watch? It sure as hell shouldn't have been the next to last episode of a show!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    All I know is I'm going to be disappointed next week.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    So status quo?

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    it looks like i picked a really good episode to miss

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    The showrunners have made the mistake of thinking the audience likes the main character and gives 2 shits about her love life. Everybody that was remotely interesting has been dumped from the show to focus on this obnoxious asshole who is losing her shit about an ex dying only a few days after her actual, real boyfriend just croaked.

And what the fuck, now Hep V makes you suicidal, when at the start of the season, Hep Vamps were going around kidnapping people and feeding every 15 minutes just to last a few more days? Make up your minds on how this shit works already.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Also, I wanted to point this one out. Called it:
    Delmain wrote: »
    Maybe flashbacks are a symptom of Hep V.

Eric got all those flashbacks about his history too...

Hmmmmm

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I thought Bill's flashbacks started before he got infected.

And Eric's were at least plot relevant, since they dealt with why Pam found him in France.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Yeah, I like how Eric is all "Nobody's talking about it, but Hep V attacks your spirit and makes you depressed!" When nobody except Bill has shown any signs of that. I guess we're buying that Eric was hopeless and depressed until he got instantly cured of his Hep V depression just by knowing that Sarah Newlin was alive.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    This... this is the final season right?

What the fuck is going on.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Yeah, there's only one episode left of the show, yet somehow they've managed to basically have nothing happen this whole season. They could actually top Dexter's final season for dumbest and lamest final season ever if they stick the landing. It'll be hard to top faking your own death riding a boat into a hurricane and becoming a lumberjack though. I think they can pull it off if they really try though.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Yeah, there's only one episode left of the show, yet somehow they've managed to basically have nothing happen this whole season. They could actually top Dexter's final season for dumbest and lamest final season ever if they stick the landing. It'll be hard to top faking your own death riding a boat into a hurricane and becoming a lumberjack though. I think they can pull it off if they really try though.

Lets not exaggerate. Nothing True Blood could do could be as bad as Dexter's finale.

Because True Blood has never taken itself seriously while Dexter had several points where it was actual a good show with the potential to do really interesting things.

No I don't.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited August 2014

Plot resolution.

Mountains and mountains of plot resolution.

I mean, yeah, they are spending a bit of time on Sookie...

but Jessica / old boyfriend / hoyt / jason / lafayette are all wrapped up

technically andy and holly are all wrapped up except for if they are even going to try and touch that whole "stepkids sexytimes" thing

Sam got a happy ending

Ginger finally got what she has clearly wanted from the beginning

And clearly, the final episode is gonna put a big bow around Bill, Sookie, Eric and Pam... and Sarah probably going to die badly.

I mean, no doubt they are being a little clumsy with some of these over the others, but this absolutely does look like a final season. People are dying / tying up loose ends / settling down / leaving.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    I dunno. Last season's True Blood finale having the mid episode time lapse was awful enough. This entire season has been so bland, boring, and inconsequential, with so much time spent on stuff there's NO way any fans care about(Lettie May's whole thing), and just anticlimactic deaths like Tara and Alcide.

I don't put it past them to have the final episode just be so terrible that it goes right up there with Dexter for worst final seasons/finales ever. I doubt the finale itself will be as terrible, but even if it's just boring and stupid that's bad enough. It'll mean the entire final season of the show wasn't even entertaining, and entertaining is all True Blood has ever had going for it.

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

Plot resolution.

Mountains and mountains of plot resolution.

I mean, yeah, they are spending a bit of time on Sookie...

but Jessica / old boyfriend / hoyt / jason / lafayette are all wrapped up

technically andy and holly are all wrapped up except for if they are even going to try and touch that whole "stepkids sexytimes" thing

Sam got a happy ending

Ginger finally got what she has clearly wanted from the beginning

And clearly, the final episode is gonna put a big bow around Bill, Sookie, Eric and Pam... and Sarah probably going to die badly.

I mean, no doubt they are being a little clumsy with some of these over the others, but this absolutely does look like a final season. People are dying / tying up loose ends / settling down / leaving.

This is how I feel too. It's definitely clunky, but I'm satisfied with a lot of the resolution they're doing.

I think the main problem with the season is just that the Hep V storyline isn't compelling. They wrote themselves into a corner in the last season and they haven't been able to get themselves out.

• Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    You guys... had like... expectations for this thing?

I think that was your first mistake. I'm still enjoying it like a drunk person enjoys watching episodes of Walker Texas Ranger and yelling at the TV.

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I was hoping for a glorious clusterfuck, like True Blood has always been.

• Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular

I mean, this season still has had:

- A Yakuza Cowboy
    - 90's Eric and Pam
    - Doomsayer Jason and company telling Sarah Newlin that she's going to die
    - Lafayette finding love and then verbally smacking down a selfish Jessica
    - Eric ripping out a dude's jawbone
    - Jason learning how to not have sex
    - A crazy sex dungeon from a vindictive medieval vampiress
    - An Arlene fangbanging dream sequence
    - Everything involving Ginger
    - Etc.

Yes, there's been boring, stupid stuff too, but let's not look at every season since season 1 with rose-tinted glasses here. I can think of dozens of things that were worth bitching about in ALL of those seasons. Hell, you only need to look back earlier in this thread to see tons of posts complaining about how stupid everything was.

This season is particularly bad, yes, but it's not anything you shouldn't have been expecting.

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Heartlash wrote: »

I think that was your first mistake. I'm still enjoying it like a drunk person enjoys watching episodes of Walker Texas Ranger and yelling at the TV.

Walker Texas Ranger with nudity and vampires.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    yeah it's been awesome. by which I mean exactly as much fun as I've ever had with the show.

but it's a last season so we suddenly have ludicrous expectation and expect the show to be handled in a totally different way, wrap up everything while also giving us a new storyline better than every other season, and end on that perfect note

if it doesn't do this it's awful. awful!

or maybe it's just the last season of a show that is clearly ready to end. I feel it delivered plenty of what I love about this show.

I still don't understand what people expected from a show like dexter. the sociopathic hero-villain of the show gets away with it, I thought it was fucking great. Lost, everyone is united and we learn the purpose of the island, works for me.

there's some level people expect a final season to reach and I have no clue why. it's the final season because it's time for the show to end, not every show, hell not really any show, is perfectly mapped from the beginning to somehow end at a point higher than it ever reached before. even the damn Wire's last season is a little weird.

they don't go 'time to end the show!' because they just thought of a new plot that tops what they've done before. that'd probably make them keep going, unless the decision was already made.

no one has to like it, this post is far from heavy praise! just like, it's fun. have fun.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    If you think people didn't like the last season/finale of Dexter because he got away with it, you missed a LOT of what people actually didn't like about it.

I don't find this last season of True Blood fun and enjoyable to watch the way I did earlier in the show. Probably last season is when it got to the point where I was just no longer excited about new episodes coming on to see what would happen, and switched over to "Well hopefully this episode is better than what they've been doing." And it's just been that way ever since.

• Options
    PacMan1979PacMan1979 Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

I mean, this season still has had:

- A Yakuza Cowboy
    - 90's Eric and Pam
    - A crazy sex dungeon from a vindictive medieval vampiress

Hahah Totally Agree. Any scene with Violet in it was my favorite. I kinda wish she actually did all those things she was wanting to do in her last scene. I would have loved for that to be the resolution for Jessica, Jason, and co.

PacMan1979 on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular

The trailer made it look like they were going to literally lampoon the walking dead and end the world because of zombie vampires who cant control their hunger. Yes, expectations.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Having not watched Dexter, thanks for giving it away @Joshmvii :D

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular

The trailer made it look like they were going to literally lampoon the walking dead and end the world because of zombie vampires who cant control their hunger. Yes, expectations.

Yep. My expectations weren't sky high, only that the story was going to be taken in an interesting direction. Roaming zombie vampires and nudity is fun. And old alcoholic woman talking to a ghost is not.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

I feel bad if that's a sarcastic thanks. Dexter's a good series to still watch, just stop after Season 4 since The Trinity season is the best season, and it just goes terribly downhill from there.

• Options
    edited August 2014

I feel bad if that's a sarcastic thanks. Dexter's a good series to still watch, just stop after Season 4 since The Trinity season is the best season, and it just goes terribly downhill from there.

Nope, it wasn't sarcastic. I don't watch a lot of TV so when I do it's like.. I binge on shows. Dexter was eventually on that list, lol. I just didn't expect a series end spoiler to creep up in a thread about another show.

Onto True Blood, the wife and I were talking and I THINK...
    Bill will somehow become human.

My belief is that his 'sacrifice' will somehow make him human AND or...
    ...they find out that Hep V - when left alone and no one drinks blood, is actually the reversal of the vampire effect, turning you human. Either that or some magical voodoo with Sookies blood and his... somehow...

It's not like the writers give a fuck.

It's the only logical way I can see this going to actually have an 'ending.'

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

Nope, it wasn't sarcastic. I don't watch a lot of TV so when I do it's like.. I binge on shows. Dexter was eventually on that list, lol. I just didn't expect a series end spoiler to creep up in a thread about another show.

Onto True Blood, the wife and I were talking and I THINK...
    Bill will somehow become human.

My belief is that his 'sacrifice' will somehow make him human AND or...
    ...they find out that Hep V - when left alone and no one drinks blood, is actually the reversal of the vampire effect, turning you human. Either that or some magical voodoo with Sookies blood and his... somehow...

It's not like the writers give a fuck.

It's the only logical way I can see this going to actually have an 'ending.'

Sounds pretty viable. Typical happy ending hogwash.

• Options
    Well I mean... the show has to have an ending, and it doesn't appear they are actually leading up to one so I assume it will be a bunch of shit thrown at us at the last minute.

Jessica wakes up next to Bill and says "I had a really strange dream."
    The end.

• Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Huh, I don't want a happy ending at all, I want the whole show to go out on a bang, everyone dies except Eric who wanders off into the sunset of like a desert post apocalyptic after the nukes Mad Max world because Sookie went super nova. Or something equally horrendously, magically ridiculous.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Also literally like, 2 episodes ago Bill got frustrated with a lawyer so he murdered her.

Like, he does not deserve a happy ending at all.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Well to be fair, that lawyer was a total asshole.
    Huh, I don't want a happy ending at all, I want the whole show to go out on a bang, everyone dies except Eric who wanders off into the sunset of like a desert post apocalyptic after the nukes Mad Max world because Sookie went super nova. Or something equally horrendously, magically ridiculous.

But... wouldn't that kill Eric?

RT800 on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

As long as Jason lives too, I'm ok with this ending.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Also literally like, 2 episodes ago Bill got frustrated with a lawyer so he murdered her.

Like, he does not deserve a happy ending at all.

This is True Blood, vampire murder is perfectly legal.

• Options
    manjimanji Registered User regular

yeah, bad spoiler etiquette, but removing any reason you had to watch that last season of dexter is probably doing you a favour

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Well I mean... the show has to have an ending, and it doesn't appear they are actually leading up to one so I assume it will be a bunch of shit thrown at us at the last minute.

Jessica wakes up next to Bill and says "I had a really strange dream."
    The end.

No eric northman waking up in bed with bob newheart would be the most epic ending.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I'm not expecting an ending at all. Perhaps 40 minutes on the relationship between Big John and a random restaurant patron and then a nonsensical cliffhanger.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    hmmmmmmm. speculation
    So they brought up that sookie can only do the big bang thing once, and hasn't used it. So bets on that curing bill. or she uses it on yakuza coming after her I guess. Her losing her powers is in the cards I bet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    it was all big johns dream

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    hmmmmmmm. speculation
    So they brought up that sookie can only do the big bang thing once, and hasn't used it. So bets on that curing bill. or she uses it on yakuza coming after her I guess. Her losing her powers is in the cards I bet.
    Sookie loosing her powers and not becoming Vampire Fairy 2, the revenge is literally the exact opposite of what I want to happen.

I want don't give a fuck Vamire Fairy Sookie. WHY WILL NO ONE GIVE ME THIS.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I'd pay money if they'd leave Sookie and vampire Bill out of the last episode!

50433.png?1708759015