As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[True Blood]...what is going on?

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Madpanda wrote:
    Has the Jason thing been confirmed in the tv series?
    About him being half fae? Supposedly it's in the books but i haven't had a chance to read them yet
    No. Last season it's revealed that he doesn't share Sookie's non-existant blood-type (F+?), and Drac points out that they seem to be leaning toward it being similar to a recessive trait, thus there is no more a half-fey than someone with half-blue eyes. Sadly (for him)

[edit] Thus far, he hasn't shown anything 'fey'. No fairy blood, no mind reading, and he's certainly far prettier than the full-blood fairies we've seen.
    Book spoiler question:
    How does his half-fey manifest in the book?

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Madpanda wrote:
    Has the Jason thing been confirmed in the tv series?
    About him being half fae? Supposedly it's in the books but i haven't had a chance to read them yet
    No. Last season it's revealed that he doesn't share Sookie's non-existant blood-type (F+?), and Drac points out that they seem to be leaning toward it being similar to a recessive trait, thus there is no more a half-fey than someone with half-blue eyes. Sadly (for him)

[edit] Thus far, he hasn't shown anything 'fey'. No fairy blood, no mind reading, and he's certainly far prettier than the full-blood fairies we've seen.
    Book spoiler question:
    How does his half-fey manifest in the book?

well there is the "sex-god" aspect that might be due to 'fey'

• Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    In the book Jason and Sookie are both half-fey, but Jason is missing the essential spark.

Book/Show Spoilers:
    Of course the essential spark is what gives Sookie her mind-reading abilities, but that isn't a fey ability in the book, it is a demon ability that is granted to her and her family because of her Grandfather's previous friendship with a demon. Her nephew (Haley?'s son has it). Which doesn't explain how Barry has it in the books, and I think that was brought into the TV series near the end of season three. However, since Barry is quite obviously half-fey in the TV series, it is pretty clear that the TV series is going with telepathy as a fey ability and that Jason is not half-fey. But then again in the books Jason is turned into a were-Panther sooooo.... I think I remember something from previous seasons that Jason's dad was irreristable and I think Jason inherited some of that.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Also, regarding Jason

(book stuff)
    In the book, Jason does become a werepanther from being bitten, and in the culture of various Weres there's a distinction made between "Born and Bitten", with the former looking at the latter as not true Weres.

The TV show seems to be going in a very different direction again, which it tends to do (for example, in the books, Lafayette is dead and Tara is an incredibly minor character)

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    This is easily the best season of True Blood.

And I have fallen so far as to squeeking to myself when AdorablEric does stuff.

I commented to the female that I have turned into a young girl - she agreed and I was :(

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    New Episode tonight, get psyched.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The best season of True Blood continued with another fantastic episode, and I'm extremely looking forward to next week's.
    Jessica :'[

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    SO BLUE BALLED. WHY GOD?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!!!!!!
    I'm going to be so fucking angry if she's dead. I have a feeling that Jason's going to run past that fuckhead of a security guard and just spartan kick her ass back inside and chain her down with like the watch or something

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    I'm going to be so fucking angry if she's dead. I have a feeling that Jason's going to run past that fuckhead of a security guard and just spartan kick her ass back inside and chain her down with like the watch or something

I hope everything in this post is true
    But I didn't see her once in the preview for next week :'[

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    It's taken half a season, but Tara has finally reverted back to the terrible dumbass she's always been.

They specifically didn't show her in the previews because of her fate being up in the air - I'm fairly confident it's going to play out almost exactly as KoopahTroopah said.

IT FUCKING BETTER TURN OUT THAT WAY OR I WILL FIND ALAN BALL AND MURDER HIM.

• Options
    Don't watch it a second time it will just fuel the rage. It was on again after Entourage for an encore and I'm just heaps of mad all over again.

And once again, I can't fucking wait til next week. God if these writers get anything right it's cliffhangers.

• Options
    DversedDversed Registered User regular
    It's taken half a season, but Tara has finally reverted back to the terrible dumbass she's always been.

They specifically didn't show her in the previews because of her fate being up in the air - I'm fairly confident it's going to play out almost exactly as KoopahTroopah said.

Argh
    Jason's handcuffs can hold her down. Right? Man would it suck if she died.
    And What the Fuck is happening to Pam? There fucking with my favorite vampires.

• Options
    Don't watch it a second time it will just fuel the rage. It was on again after Entourage for an encore and I'm just heaps of mad all over again.

And once again, I can't fucking wait til next week. God if these writers get anything right it's cliffhangers.

I honestly believe this was one of their best cliffhangers. Especially one of the best cliffhangers in all of TV.

This was the first time in a while where I saw an episode, and when it ended, I screamed "NO IT CAN'T BE OVER FUCK AUHGGHHHHHHHHHH I CAN'T WAIT A WEEK"

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    The witch storyline is cool - I just wish it wasn't possession and Marni was actually the true power or some such. Although there's some good vamp parallel with her and Antonias situation.

Also, I may be crazy, but I swear that was the guy who played Courtney in LA Noire in the Witches group.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    ED! wrote:
    Also, I may be crazy, but I swear that was the guy who played Courtney in LA Noire in the Witches group.

Looks like it.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0865344/

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Dversed wrote:

Argh
    Jason's handcuffs can hold her down. Right? Man would it suck if she died.
    And What the Fuck is happening to Pam? There fucking with my favorite vampires.

In the first season Bill was in the sun for like 20 minutes, charred as fuck, but still alive right?
    If it's inverse to their age, it should take a long ass time for Jessica to burn up, hopefully enough time for Jason to get some silver to subdue her

Edit: Super mega spoiler
    Spoiler relating to the fate of Jessica
    I couldn't help myself and checked IMDB, she's in the plot synopsis for future episodes, and therefore survives

override367 on
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    my guess? Jason will
    turn into sex panther
    and shortly thereafter he will
    throw himself on Jessica to save her.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    I basically hate every single thing about the Jason/Hotshot storyline with all the panthers and I really want it to just go away

• Options
    JohnOrangePeelJohnOrangePeel Registered User regular
    RE: overide367's second spoiler, thank fuck for that! (assuming he's correct)

*checks to see if I still hate tara...

yes, yes I fucking well do.

Still, good episode though; makes me care about all my fave characters when they are in peril.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Tara needs to die, damnit.
    Pam should have stopped rotting and babbling and made with the disemboweling. So Pam loses points.

There's really no way for Jason to do much without getting shot (unless they just decide to write it like that), so I'll assume Hoyt is looking for her and will just happen to be around and capitalize on Jason's diversion to get inside. And will walk into her. And then whatever other non-likely thing needs to happen to stop her. Otherwise God is just punishing her for hurting Hoyt, clearly.

I like how dumb bitch Sookie is all "I don't want to think about <all the horrible shit you did to me and everyone I love. For your own enjoyment/gain.>". I hope Eric is screwing with her, I really do.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote:
    Tara needs to die, damnit.
    Pam should have stopped rotting and babbling and made with the disemboweling. So Pam loses points.

There's really no way for Jason to do much without getting shot (unless they just decide to write it like that), so I'll assume Hoyt is looking for her and will just happen to be around and capitalize on Jason's diversion to get inside. And will walk into her. And then whatever other non-likely thing needs to happen to stop her. Otherwise God is just punishing her for hurting Hoyt, clearly.

I like how dumb bitch Sookie is all "I don't want to think about <all the horrible shit your did to me and everyone I love. For your own enjoyment/gain.>". I hope Eric is screwing with her, I really do.
    I don't think simple murder is going to give Pam any catharsis at this point in her life. I suspect that a woman of her appetites requires days of torture before she can derive any pleasure from the process.

• Options
    Yeah I already miss Tara's girlfriend. She gave some breath to Tara as well as the staying out of town bit, but that apparently is screwed until the end of the season...again.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Anyone else find it suspicious that in the same night of TV (Breaking Bad Spoiler)
    Two shows left off with ambiguous endings for characters who's names start with Jess?

No I don't.
  • Options
    Anyone else find it suspicious that in the same night of TV (Breaking Bad Spoiler)
    Two shows left off with ambiguous endings for characters who's names start with Jess?

No.

Also I hope the were-panther business is done and dead, as it was an interesting diversion and gave some resolution to the Jason/Crystal storyline and provided a sweet transition to the Jessica/Jason storyline.

As for the fate of Jessica:
    Cmon - shes one of their most beloved characters, and this show doesn't have the balls to kill off such characters.

• Options
    ED! wrote:
    Cmon - shes one of their most beloved characters, and this show doesn't have the balls to kill off such characters.

Game of Thrones is one of the best series ever simply for that aspect. Sometimes I wish TB would do the same, but then I remember how much I love all the main characters.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    ED! wrote:

Game of Thrones is one of the best series ever simply for that aspect. Sometimes I wish TB would do the same, but then I remember how much I love all the main characters.

Main difference is that GoT was written that way and is by all accounts a drama. TB is a fucking carnival of sex and supernatural activity that panders to fans. I have no qualms enjoying both.

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    ED! wrote:

Special guest writer next week: Joss Whedon!
    This is a lie.

Oats on
  • Options
    Oats wrote:
    ED! wrote:

Special guest writer next week: Joss Whedon!
    This is a lie.

Only if the show was over. So we're good.

• Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    In regards to Jason saving Jessica (speculation):
    I thought there was a gun shot right before Jessica got to the door. My guess is that Jason shot the guard and then will save Jessica.

Also I thought it was awesome when Bill demanded that Jessica unchain him. I didn't see that coming even though I should have.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    ZeroCow wrote:
    In regards to Jason saving Jessica (speculation):
    I thought there was a gun shot right before Jessica got to the door. My guess is that Jason shot the guard and then will save Jessica.

Also I thought it was awesome when Bill demanded that Jessica unchain him. I didn't see that coming even though I should have.

It was pretty interesting that the gaeas being sent out by that magical circle was so strong that it was over powering even a maker's Commanding voice. Think about that for a second.

Its kinda hard to imagine how the vampires survive this ... unless ... no, that weapon hasn't been invented yet, even with all their money and time... yeah, I am not coming up with much that trumps magic on this level. Even the maenad and the fae with their magic being trouble for vamps wasn't this bad - I mean, this level of magic, that spirit possessing the witch can just about see any possible threat as or even before it happens and prevent it, right?

A fucking wizard did it, indeed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Where did you see she could see or prevent anything before it happens? She sure as hell couldn't back when she died the first time. So far we haven't seen anything to suggest a few dozen vampires wouldn't rip her apart if they aren't caught up in a spell ahead of time. For all we know as soon as it turns dark she's fucked. If the vampires were smart they'd have tons of humans out looking to off her, too.

• Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Have you been paying attention, IIRC her name, the possessed Mirna has been confronted with vampires, very powerful ones, at night, which were looking to put her down right up in her mug. Their powers were all for naught - super strength, super speed, heightened senses, regeneration, flight, strong hypnosis, etc. She hasn't even had to dispatch them the same way twice ... unless you count the return of the compulsion to meet the light.

The things she has done to vampires who outmatch regular humans in so many ways except sunlight, you really think she wouldn't be able to magic human threats as well?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The things she has done to vampires who outmatch regular humans in so many ways except sunlight, you really think she wouldn't be able to magic human threats as well?

Nooooooope. She might have a trick or two up her sleeve about this and that but she can't stop everything because she specializes in Necromancy, as in controlling the dead. If anything I see zombies, and I see returning of old characters who were killed in previous seasons to fight or frighten off human attempts. I don't think Antonia is going to shoot fireballs and freeze people.

That would be too ridiculous.

• Options
    She was confronted with vampires 400 years ago who hand their way with her, too.

And all the current vampires have the same problem everyone with super powers have- they don't USE them. Every vampire so far has used the awesome tactic of babbling threats at her first. What if they had just zoomed in at the speed of sound, came up behind her, and knocked her head off without stopping instead? Far as we know her body is only as strong as a normal persons. She's easy to kill.

And can she stop bullets too? I doubt it if she isn't ready for it, and even then, from enough sources she'd be screwed.

• Options
    Xeddicus wrote:
    She was confronted with vampires 400 years ago who hand their way with her, too.

And all the current vampires have the same problem everyone with super powers have- they don't USE them. Every vampire so far has used the awesome tactic of babbling threats at her first. What if they had just zoomed in at the speed of sound, came up behind her, and knocked her head off without stopping instead? Far as we know her body is only as strong as a normal persons. She's easy to kill.

And can she stop bullets too? I doubt it if she isn't ready for it, and even then, from enough sources she'd be screwed.

Most likely because they don't understand the EXTENT of her power. EVERY vampire that has come against Marni/Antonia has suffered. Do they know that it requires a metric-ton of time to channel the "Meet the sun. . ." spell - nope. All they know is that this old ancient woman has an incredible power, specifically over dead things, and no one is willing to risk their own lives to challenge it.

• Options
    Yeah, but after what she did to Eric they should have done it my way. And after 'today' they damn well better be kill first, gloat later.

• Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    Let's just say that vampires aren't immune to being scared shitless.

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I kinda think that Bill
    was commanding Jessica to release him so he could meet the sun as well, not so he could stop her. Despite what he tries to convey, he isn't powerful enough to resist strong compulsion (see: nearly killing Sookie last season).

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I kinda think that Bill
    was commanding Jessica to release him so he could meet the sun as well, not so he could stop her. Despite what he tries to convey, he isn't powerful enough to resist strong compulsion (see: nearly killing Sookie last season).
    I agree with this. Bill isn't that old in the vampire world, he's just not as ruthless as the rest of them, in general.

Also, if LaFayette has the power to be a medium can we assume Tara does too? I hope so, because I want to see a Tara vs LaFayette magic showdown that ends with Tara as a smoldering pile of ash...

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I kinda think that Bill
    I agree with this. Bill isn't that old in the vampire world, he's just not as ruthless as the rest of them, in general.

Also, if LaFayette has the power to be a medium can we assume Tara does too? I hope so, because I want to see a Tara vs LaFayette magic showdown that ends with Tara as a smoldering pile of ash...

Probably not.
    We haven't seen any noticable power boost when Tara gets involved with magic spells like we did with Lafayette. Remember that magic seems to skip generations a lot in this show.

Also, don't be silly. Lafayette is the only blood family that Tara gives a shit about.
    There's no way they'd get into a to-the-death duel of any sort.

Honestly, I do see Tara's perspective here.
    Vampires are 99% dicks and have only brought hardship to the world for as long as she's known about them. Frankly, Iron Man 2 has a point:
    Whiplash wrote:
    "If you can make God bleed, then people will cease to believe in Him."

Right now people don't fuck with vampires because they're faster, stronger, and can rape your brain into forgetting that they messed your shit up. So people meekly go along with stuff like the Vampire Rights Amendment in hopes that the vampires will be mollified. But there's always going to be a vampire willing to rip out your damn spine or eat that stripper you liked.

While I would lament any of the main cast vampires dying to this spell (it's a little too non-discriminate for my tastes), I can't say that I'm sorry that humans have a counter to vampire dickishness.