As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

>>--D&D Thread --> Crab Detective! Inquire within! OP Update..ish

MeldingMelding Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in Social Entropy++
ddlogostacked.jpg

So, here is a dragon:
dragongifb.jpg

And here is a dungeon.

dungeonj.jpg

They go together a little too well.

As well, this is apparently a gamma.

swiftgammaraylg.jpg

and this is a world.

72483995.jpg

And they go pretty great, and give you things like

27449562.jpg

and

49289340.jpg

As well, i want an outlet to post Magic the gathering art, so, we can talk about that too.

137428%252520d12%252520load%252520screen%2525208.jpg

Also acceptable topics:

Warhammer

warhammerwarsisters.jpg

Shadowrun

war1600x1200.jpg

Current games recruiting:

Datar Presents:I'm feeling a bit better now
Staring: The Datar Dancers!

Antimatter's game is suspended.

Solar is talking about running a game. Let's Help him to decide to run a game i want to play!

If you want to be on one of these lists make the person in charge know. Not Me. I ain't doing shit about fuck all.

Monster party Art contest!

Draw theis and win a prize, maybe.
Before shot:

This is largely the one people seem less interested in doing but i'm writing this anyway, don't have to be but good, but it sells the concept as something more then “bunch monsters working together”

fighter:
Human male, kinda short (shorter the sorcerer), metal armour, kind of plain, painted a dull colour for simple care. Strong build, gruff face, shaved head or short hair, Seems to be unhappy he's almost the shortest.
If weapons are drawn he has a big axe.

Paladin:
Human male, tall, (lets say 6' foot when everyone else is maybe 5'8), plate armour, but fancier then the fighters, not painted, maybe parts of it are gilded. Wears a big shield on his back,. Not pretty bug better looking then the fighter, hair is kept short there there. Much happier then the fighter.
Is weapons are drawn has a two handed sword but probably would have it in a position to use.

Sorcerer:
Half elf female (means shorter then a human, short pointed ears, narrow face and eyes by human standards), wearing hancyful robes caring an easily identified staff hair is long past the mid back.
About as tall as the fighter, a little bit taller.

Wizard:
Halfling wizard (they're kinda like hobbits, but without the hairy feet) also wearing robes, but are much less, glamourous, and more industrial, maybe they're dirty and torn but they do their job. Carries a large spell book (about the size of his torso) hair is unkept past his shoulders, looks a little mentally unstable.

Cleric:
Male dwarf, hair and beard are kept nicely though both are a bit long, wearing robes and armour over it. Taller then the halfling, shorter then the fighter, buit build like a brick house with broad sholders and so on. Alex knows a lot about dwarves, you can ask him.

After shot

Fighter:
Now a giant, standing like 16 feet tall. Looks, surprisingly similar, skin colour is different (we're currently debating what kind of giant, once we figure this out i will update you), armour is pretty much the same, he is basically the same, but bigger, which also seems to displease him.

Paladin:
Nymph woman. Now the shortest, unearthly pretty, ears are pointed like an elf, but the points are longer and taller (i can get a reference pic for this) Now at about 5'4, hair is in more of a pixie cut. IS having some trouble with his old and new nature. Top of the armour is about the same, maybe some kind of symbol on both the before and after so it's clear it's still him, lower armour is armoured skirt (kinda like the greeks are shown to be wearing at times wearing. Kind alike a metal pleated skirt, the front is bit shorter for mobility) and is now wearing thigh high leather boots (slight heel, nothing crazy) and metal grieves over top. Facial expression is a mix of confusion and excitement.
Weapons and sheild unchanged.

Sorcerer:
now a female medusa, snake hair, curvy features, bit showing of scales, clawed hands, now about six feet tall, curvy. Supposed to be sexy despite being some kind of horrible snake lady. Same robes (maybe they fit worse, maybe better, leave it up to you) same staff for identifying purposes.

Wizard
Male troll. Trolls being tall, bulky green, skin is often a bit warty, big noses, ending in a sudden hook. About 7 or 8 feet tall, built like a tubby truck, hunched over, arms almost able to reach the ground due to hunch and length. Kinda like a gorilla. Not pretty, bug big. Wears a simple robe, somehow grew a wizard's beard and wearing the cone hat for amusement.

Cleric:
Now an angel. Angels are largely genderless, and tall, about as tall as the medusa, slim build, mix of male and female features, like no beard, soft face, broadish shoulders, but slim mid section. Androgynous to the max. With feathered wings. same armour but made to fit, he is less then happy with this new body, but not outwardly angry.

Melding on

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    My DM is pissing me off sooo bad.

He just doesn't seem to really have a firm grasp on the rules, or DMing.

Shouldn't have let him DM. Hopefully the issue will be resolved in another month or two.

Round Robin DM has ups and downs.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Where is the warhammers

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    yeah warhams is okay. I want to play it, but the cash investment is beyond me.

also i need to share this:

80121881.jpg

That is a swarm of rats, that walks like man, shooting fire. Gamma world you lovely monster.

Melding on
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I have easily over $1000 of Warhammer stuff within 5 feet of me.

Ebay is not good guys, not good at all.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I have all these D&D books and this bag of dice but nobody to roll with. I am sad.

It is a very significant investment, though skirmish systems are a good deal cheaper

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Melding wrote:

80121881.jpg

That is a swarm of rats, that walks like man, shooting fire. Gamma world you lovely monster.
    holy shit!

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    I have not pen and paper'd in far to long. I am going to go mad if I don't give these crazy ideas someplace to play.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I wish I could convince my group to play Gamma World. But I think I'm by far the 'silliest' of us. Also, I'm just about to stop GM'ing after two years, so I have relatively little say for a while.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    Melding wrote:

80121881.jpg

holy shit!

I know right? i thought the main attraction was the gorilla man, then i noticed fire swarm rat man. and i was like "Damn"

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Where is the warhammers

wh40k-deathwatch-rpg-core-rulebook-jun101804.jpg

I need to finish reading this, then run a one night session.

EDIT: God dammit.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    My first Gamma World character was Rat Swarm/Hawkoid, so I decided he was a sentient flock of pigeons.

Also, I'm going to start running Tomb of Horrors next week at the LGS. Man I am so excited.

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    look at all them chickenmen

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    or are they roosterfolk?

edited July 2011
    Deathwatch

More like Can't-be-used-in-40k-anymore-watch

I am shamed for having wrote that

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    They prefer "Cockpeople"

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    I would really really really like to play gamma world some time

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    I have no idea, but they were the theme for fargo. chicken people everywhere. also swarms of man fire breathing rats.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Deathwatch

More like Can't-be-used-in-40k-anymore-watch

I am shamed for having wrote that

Really? That's actually kind of bad news I thought they were a neat idea.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    DnD!!!!!

90017.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Necromancers are one of those things I always hear about

but never actually see in a player party

so disappointing

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    I'd probably play a Necromancer if I wasn't only 4e, and tried some 3.5

You can basically make a necromanser in 4e now. is kind of lame but it works out.

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Oh wow, Gamma world looks fun...

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    40k rpg is great. Critical tables describing how gruesome stuff dies should be in every rpg!
    Also, I just noticed this GW autochar generator and this spreadsheet of GW cards Means you could roll up a oneshot adventure in 5 seconds flat, on the player side.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh DnD how I love thee

CYpGAPn.png
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Who's with me

h71yX.jpg

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    I'm playing in a Pathfinder game now with some friends. I'm an Albino Half-Orc Rogue.

easysig2.jpg
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    I would play the fuck out Dallas.

J.R. Ewing all up in this bitch. Look at my hat. Look at this shit. +8 Charisma.

easysig2.jpg
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    I love gamma world but the friends I was going to play it with this summer got jobs with weird as fuck hours and days so now I have no one! !

• SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    Melding, are we ever going to play DnD again?

how tough would it be to run an iirc game of gamma world

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    also where could I find a rulebook for it

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    I got my Gamma World stuff at a Barnes & Nobel

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I think the important thing here, the bit we can all agree on, is that Elves suck and shouldn't be in anything.

Especially the Dallas RPG. Don't know what they were thinking there.

• DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Man, I still want to try Gamma World sometime.

dead would you play if I ran a game of gamma world

would you play and not make fun of me for being the worst GM ever

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    wait actually no I don't think I could take the pressure

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    I think the important thing here, the bit we can all agree on, is that Elves suck and shouldn't be in anything.

Especially the Dallas RPG. Don't know what they were thinking there.

Elves are okay in Eberron.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    everyone thing is like 80% off at boarders right now

fuck I am heading over there asap

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
This discussion has been closed.