As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fourth Playstation Store Thread - NA: Blood Dragon, Soul Sacrifice, Spring Sale

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Hot damn, I just got an email with a free code for Corpse Party.

I'm seriously stoked, what a great thing to come back home to. Can't wait to play it later.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    limbo is real neat. my friend was way into dungeon hunter, but i never played it personally. worth checking out, anyway.

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    My PS3 arrived today, and I've left it downloading stuff all day. It's going to be fun to slowly go through the PSN exclusives through the next year.

Corpse Party is PSP-only, right?

Oh yeah, and my ID is TurkeyFried

• Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I checked out Dungeon Hunter, and it felt like DeathSpank without the charm. Seeing as how I have two more DeathSpanks to play, I passed on Dungeon Hunter for now. Picked up Limbo, Might & Magic, Akimi Village, and Outland. And with my new year of PSN+ (which I got today for $14.39*), I got it all for less than $25. Not bad.

*PSN+
    Not sure how kosher is it to talk about retailer mistakes, but this past Sunday's Target ad incorrectly labels a 1-yr PSN+ card for $14.39 (they meant to show the 3-mo card). I brought the card up to the cashier, showed her the ad, and she gladly adjusted the price from $39.99 to $14.39).

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Okabu is awesome. Why am I the only person on my friends list with it? What's wrong with people? It even has a platinum.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    I'll get Okabu eventually. My PSN backlog is so long though that I'll probably wait until it goes on sale.

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    Yeah, my PSN backlog's bad as well. All the high profile releases and HD Collections just result in the smaller games getting pushed to the side. I've been making an effort to get through them though. Just finished Infamous: Festival of Blood and all 5 Back to the Future episodes, now working on Okabu.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Voltron? Wait, is this the new cartoon I heard about on TV or the original... Please be the original... Knowing them though it is the new one which I have not seen yet.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    bficky wrote:
    And with my new year of PSN+ (which I got today for $14.39*), I got it all for less than $25. Not bad.

*PSN+
    Not sure how kosher is it to talk about retailer mistakes, but this past Sunday's Target ad incorrectly labels a 1-yr PSN+ card for $14.39 (they meant to show the 3-mo card). I brought the card up to the cashier, showed her the ad, and she gladly adjusted the price from $39.99 to $14.39).

this worked for me as well. pretty stoked about it!

• Options
    Ah_Pook wrote:
    bficky wrote:
    And with my new year of PSN+ (which I got today for $14.39*), I got it all for less than $25. Not bad.

*PSN+

this worked for me as well. pretty stoked about it!

I've considered going back and trying to get another one. That would give me PSN+ to the end of 2013, which might be enough to get me to the next gen of systems. Feels a little dirty though.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Do we need a circular?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Do we need a circular?

I didn't. At the Target I went to (and this is typical of other Targets from what I hear), a copy of the ad is behind glass at the entrance to the store and each cashier has one at his/her register. Not sure if they have one in Electronics though - I brought my card to the front. Some Targets are printing notices correcting the ad and posting them on the glass in the front, so it's pretty obvious if that particular store will honor the ad or not.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Update seems to be live.
    Playstation Plus

Full Game Trials: De Blob: 2
    Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
    Sly 2: Band of Thieves
    Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
    Exclusive Discounts: De Blob: 2 – 50% off ($10.00; Regular price: $19.99)
    Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team – 50% off ($5.00; Regular price: $9.99)
    Free Mini: Revoltin’ Youth
    Exclusive Avatar Bundle: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Avatar Bundle 2 ($0.99)

[bUpdates[/b]

inFAMOUS 2 – Price Change (PS3) (now $39.99, original price $59.99)
    Doodle Fit – Price Change (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $1.99)

-(PS3) Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Sly 2: Band of Thieves ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Voltron: Defender Of The Universe ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Scene It? Movie Night ($9.99)
    -(PS3) The Sly Collection Bundle ($29.99)
    -(PS3) Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 ($39.99)
    -(PS3) de Blob 2 ($19.99)
    -(PS3) Demo for Voltron: Defender of the Universe

-(PS2) Tak 2 Staff Of Dreams ($9.99)

-(PSOne) DARKSTALKERS ($5.99)

-(Avatars) Medieval Moves Avatars (x10) ($0.49 each)
    -(Avatars) Atelier Totori Avatars (x10) ($0.49 each)
    -(Avatars) Hyperdimension Neptunia (x2) ($0.49 each)
    -(Avatars) Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (x10) ($0.49 each)

So, no real surprises this week. I don't see anything in the Drop that wasn't in the update or vice versa, so that's what it is. It's nice that all three of the Sly games are offered individually as well as the full bundle at least, and at least there's the demo for that Voltron game out of nowhere.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    bficky wrote:
    I checked out Dungeon Hunter, and it felt like DeathSpank without the charm. Seeing as how I have two more DeathSpanks to play, I passed on Dungeon Hunter for now. Picked up Limbo, Might & Magic, Akimi Village, and Outland. And with my new year of PSN+ (which I got today for $14.39*), I got it all for less than $25. Not bad.
    Dungeon Hunter is bettter than DeathSpank when it comes to couch co-op. Played through it with the wife. I probably wouldn't bother single player though.

PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    Gaspode_TGaspode_T Registered User regular
    Turkey wrote:
    My PS3 arrived today, and I've left it downloading stuff all day. It's going to be fun to slowly go through the PSN exclusives through the next year.

Corpse Party is PSP-only, right?

Oh yeah, and my ID is TurkeyFried

I will try to remember to add you, but if I forget my PSN ID is the same as this one "Gaspode_T" (anyone else is free to add me - I only have two friends on there so far)

Gaspode The Talking Wonder Dog
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/gaspode_t TwitPic: http://twitpic.com/photos/gaspode_t
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    PAL store update is late today for no obvious reason, I'll post it whenever it shows up.

• Options
    It's up Diarmuid. And, as usual, pretty disappointing.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Yep, just saw it. Here it is.
    PS3 GAMES

Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space Bundle (Full Season – Episodes 1-5) (£15.99/€19.99)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (£39.99/€49.99)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Complete Edition (£47.99/€59.99)
    Also includes the Explosive Mission, Tactical Enhancement, and The Missing Link DLC packs.

Dead Island + Bloodbath DLC Bundle (£35.99/€44.99)
    Availability: Not available in Germany, India, New Zealand and South Africa

Ion Assault HD (£7.99/€9.99)
    Availability: Not available in Australia, Croatia, India, Kuwait, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine and United Arab Emirates

Galaga Legions DX & Pac-Man CE Dx Namco Generations Bundle (£11.99/€14.99)

Voltron: Defender Of The Universe (Trial & Unlock) (£7.99/€9.99)

PSP GAMES

Space Invaders Extreme (£7.99/€9.99)

NBA 2K12 (£23.99/€29.99)

PES 2012 – Pro Evolution Soccer (£15.99/€19.99)

MINIS

The Big Head Bundle (includes Zombie Racers, Retro Cave Flyer & Doodle Pool) (£1.99/€2.49)

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT (PS3)

Rock Band 3

Ghost Of Perdition (£0.99/€1.49)
    In Waves (£0.99/€1.49)
    On The Backs Of Angels (£0.99/€1.49)
    We Built This City (£0.99/€1.49)
    Roadrunner Records Pack 02
    (£2.49/€3.99)

Availability: Not Available in Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, India, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Poland, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

Rock Band 2.0

Conquer Me by Damone (£0.99/€1.49)
    If You Can’t Hang by Sleeping with Sirens (£0.99/€1.49)
    In Division by Underoath (£0.99/€1.49)
    Whiskey’s Got A Job To Do by Karla Davis (£0.99/€1.49)
    Until the Night (RB3 Version) by Free Spirit
    (£0.99/€1.49)

Availability: Not Available in Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, India, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Poland, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

Agarest: Generations Of War Zero

Chaotic War Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
    Daily Life Extension Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
    Additional Costume 1 (£3.99/€4.99)
    Additional Costume 2 (£3.99/€4.99)
    Point Addition Pack 3 (£3.19/€3.99)
    Point Addition Pack 4 (£3.99/€4.99)
    PP Addition Pack 1 (£4.99/€6.19)
    PP Addition Pack 2 (£6.29/€7.99)
    TP Addition Pack (£3.99/€4.99)
    Formidable Pack (£1.25/€1.59)
    Halycon Days Pack (£1.99/€2.49)
    New Forbidden Book 1 (£1.99/€2.49)
    New Forbidden Book 2 (£1.99/€2.49)
    New Forbidden Book 3 (£1.99/€2.49)
    Prosaic Bonus Pack (£2.39/€2.99)
    Schie’s Bargain Pack (£1.99/€2.49)
    Supreme Weapon Pack (£2.39/€2.99)
    The L Family Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
    Tomorrow’s Hero Pack (£1.99/€2.49)

Availability: Not available in Australia and New Zealand

Ace Combat Assault Horizon

Aircraft Skin Pack ‘The Idolm@Ster’
    A-10A ‘Warthog’
    Compatibility Pack 4
    F-117A ‘Stars And Stripes’
    F-15E ‘The Idolm@Ster’ Skin Set
    F-15S/Mtd
    F-22A ‘The Idolm@Ster’ Skin Set
    Su-33 ‘The Idolm@Ster’ Skin Set
    Tornado Gr.4

Availability: Only available in Czech Republic, India, Ireland, Israel, Poland, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom

Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends

Costume Pack 1 (£0.79/€0.99)
    New Weapon Pack 1 (£2.39/€2.99)

Availability: Not available in New Zealand

Mercury Hg
    Rare Elements Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
    Availability: Not available in New Zealand

Elevator Action Deluxe
    Extra Character -TIME GAL- (free)

NBA 2K12
    NBA Legends Showcase (£6.29/€7.99)

Voltron: Defender of the Universe
    Arena of Doom (£1.59/€1.99)

White Knight Chronicles II
    Way too much stuff to list here.

So yeah, not great. Personally, I could definitely play some more Sam & Max, but I'll probably wait until the Christmas break for that and the Dead Island bundle seems like a good deal compared to the disc version prices around here.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    Ok so I downloaded the Voltron demo last night. It IS based on the original cartoon (and even uses clips from it)! The game is geared towards multiplayer it seems (says 1-5 online and 1-2 local). Starts out as a somewhat top-down arcade shooter (use one stick to move and the other to shoot) which is fine. The demo doesn't go past the first stage where you pilot a lion (you get to choose your lion). It does mention that you eventually get to pilot Voltron but doesn't show any gameplay of it. I might pick it up for nostalgia reasons.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Here comes The Drop, and it's not that big this week.
    Playstation Network

Dragon Age II – Dragon Age II thrusts players into the role of Hawke, a penniless refugee who rises to power to become the single most important character in the world of Dragon Age. Known to be a survivor of the Blight and the Champion of Kirkwall, the legend around Hawke’s rise to power is shrouded in myth and rumor. Featuring an all-new story spanning 10 years, players will help tell that tale by making tough moral choices, gathering the deadliest of allies, amassing fame and fortune, and sealing their place in history. The way you play will write the story of how the world is changed forever.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit – The game features Need for Speed Autolog where players compare racing stats and automatically get personalized gameplay recommendations from their friends. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit players can also experience the thrill of the chase and the rush of the escape as they play through full careers as both a cop and a racer – solo or connected. The high speed busts and heart-stopping getaways are all connected via Need for Speed Autolog.

Wanted Corp. – Traversing dangerous terrain through four different campaigns, players wield a variety of weapons and kinetic powers – machine guns, grenades, telekinesis, protective shields and lightning – to eliminate or arrest more than 26 various kinds of enemies including fierce bosses, sentry robots and mechanical spiders. Environments also pose challenges as shooters must navigate obstacles while battling opponents in diverse settings such as hostile jungles, murky swamps and a secret, underground base.

Demos

Goldeneye 007: Reloaded
    Rage
    Burgertime: World Tour

PSone Classics

Final Fantasy VI – Ages ago, evil beings created powerful creatures called Espers and unleashed them against each other. The resulting battles turned their world into smoldering rubble. Legend has it that the Espers destroyed themselves and most of humanity. Magic disappeared forever.

Centuries have passed, and a rational world now exists with Espers living only in myths. Suddenly, after an ancient frozen Esper is unearthed, there are reports of magic attacks on civilians. Imperial Commandos launch raids using magic-powered MagiTek weapons. Magic is obviously alive, and the world is in danger again. Who or what is behind the rediscovery and redeployment of this legendary power? What chaotic plans will wreak havoc on this orderly world?

So, there's Final Fantasy VI as part of the Winter of RPGs thing and, uhhhhhhhhh...well, the other games are sort of YMMV, I think? I'll be honest, I have no idea on Hot Pursuit or how it's been received and the same with Wanted Corp.

• Options
    Just thought I should bring this up here (since I mentioned it in the Vita thread) but if anyone has PSP, PS1 or Minis installed on their PS3s and intend on copying them over to your PSP, you'll need to re-download them. Sony secretly changed shit in the 4.0 firmware update so that you can't install PSP games to the PS3, you can only download the installers and then install them directly to your PSP. What does this mean? Well unless you want to have a huge amount of installers sitting in your game column (of which the limit is 32 and that includes background downloads), then you'll need to redownload your games every time you want to put them on your PSP.

This has literally convinced me not to buy a Vita. I'm pretty pissed off.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So wait, how is this any different than pre 4.0? I have a few PSP installers on my PS3 right now (which I usually delete off of my PS3, but been lazy and have left them behind).

After reading your post a third time is it that you download the PSP installer to the PS3, then copy it right over to the PSP rather than "install" it to the PS3 and then install/copy it over to the PSP? I'm guessing this is only for the PSP only games and the PS1/Minis act like they always have which is they install on the PS3 so you can play them on there and then do the "copy" feature to move it over to the PSP or are those going to be a double download/install deal where you download the game once for the PS3 then another for the PSP?

Sorry to bug you but just confused what they changed and can't go read more about this at my current location.

Edit: Cool beans hearing that there is going to be a demo for the 007 game.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote:
    So wait, how is this any different than pre 4.0? I have a few PSP installers on my PS3 right now (which I usually delete off of my PS3, but been lazy and have left them behind).

After reading your post a third time is it that you download the PSP installer to the PS3, then copy it right over to the PSP rather than "install" it to the PS3 and then install/copy it over to the PSP? I'm guessing this is only for the PSP only games and the PS1/Minis act like they always have which is they install on the PS3 so you can play them on there and then do the "copy" feature to move it over to the PSP or are those going to be a double download/install deal where you download the game once for the PS3 then another for the PSP?

Sorry to bug you but just confused what they changed and can't go read more about this at my current location.
    Yes. You can no longer install PSP games to the PS3 and then copy them over to the PSP. You now have to plug your PSP into your PS3 and install your games directly to it. Oh and if you've got some PSP installers from before firmware 4.0, you'll have to download them again anyway, as they've changed the installers themselves.

And your guess about PS1 games and Minis is wrong. They're the same, you have to install them directly to your PSP. You have to redownload them, then when you run its installer, it'll give you the choice of what platform you want to install it to. It also sticks around after the install (instead of automatically deleting the installer like it used to) so you have a chance to install it on both a PS3 and a PSP.

Apparently they removed the limit of 32 installers in the same update though, so the big problem now is just how inconvenient it is to have a list of PSP installers sitting in the game column. If they just let us put the installers into folders, it wouldn't actually be a big deal, as it would be essentially the same as having the PSP games installed anyway. But that would require forethought and Sony's shown they're no good at that.

At that point the problem would turn to Sony making a change like this without warning or even trying to tell anyone about it and then forcing people to re-download all their games if they had them stored on the PS3. It doesn't exactly imbue much trust. It reminds me of those times Steam just completely fucks up and deletes a game but in that case it's just a bug, in this case Sony did it on purpose.

• Options
    Cool thanks for the info. I so want to say a big, "Gee thanks Sony for the additional hoops." Talk about more headaches just to play games on my PSP/PS3.

Thanks again for posting the new procedures.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    This was a really shitty move. I'm usually the first person to write off Sony's fuck-ups as they usually don't affect me (OtherOS, PS2 removal, etc.), but damn, I have 11 PSP games stored on my PS3 and only an 8GB memory stick.

This is making me lean towards not getting a Vita at all. And if I do, I might just stick with physical media for all games.

• Options
    Dang, PS+ subscribers getting rewarded this month: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/05/playstation-plus-december-preview-free-tomb-raider-underworld-and-marvel-pinball-more/

Is Underworld one of the good ones? I was kind of sort of interested in playing one of the games before the big reboot next year for comparison's sake. Was hoping it would be Anniversary since those are remakes, but still.

Never played any of the Spyro games, so glad they're giving away the whole set.

Also, Marvel, woo.

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm pretty pleased to be getting Tomb Raider as my PS+ hasn't felt as worth it since it (annoyingly auto)renewed just the other month.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    im real glad they finally put some of the don bluth games on sale. dragons lair 2 and space ace are $4.99 currently.
    i strongly feel thats the price they should have launched at. kinda bummed they didnt put dragons lair 1 on sale too, but oh well. it has to go on sale eventually, and in the mean time SPACE ACE.

• Options
    I'm having some PC trouble today, so if someone else wants to post the PAL update I'm ok with it.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    This is an odd question but is there anywhere I can go that says when and if free costumes will be up for download for LittleBigPlanet? The holiday ones are neat but they're only up for like a week and I keep missing them.

• Options
    The main LBP site would be the only one I could think of. With the original game they usually just cycled through the same list every year, so I stopped paying attention to them. Not sure if they came up with a new list for the second one.

Anyway, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD has a release date. 21st December for Europe/Aus/NZ and 27th December for the US. Price is US$14.99/£9.99/€12.99.

The reason for the US delay? Apparently SCEA advised them against it because there's like 25 games coming out next week. Reason why SCEE didn't give them the same advice? Because lol 25 games? That's way too much work. Also, SCEE's PSN team usually have the week between Christmas and New Years off (so encounter any problems like a lot of people did last year? Enjoy waiting 2-3 weeks to get them fixed).

• Options
    Sorry about the lack of posts/updates, fellas, been away from computers and such for a couple nights. So, to make up for it, here's both.

NA
    Playstation Plus[/b]

PS3 Full Game: Tomb Raider: Underworld (PS3 Full Game)
    Free minis: Orbit (Early Access, Exclusive)
    Mad Blocker Alpha (mini)
    Free PS one Classics: Spyro the Dragon
    Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage
    Spyro Year of the Dragon
    Full Game Trials: Dragon Age II
    Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
    Media: Qore Episode 43 – December
    Discounted PSN Games: Penny Arcade Adventures: Episode 1 and 2 (Bundle) – 80% off
    Cuboid – 20% off
    Sky Fighter – 20% off
    Discounted minis: Snowy – 75% off
    Exclusive Themes and Avatars: I am Alive Dynamic Theme

Updates

Hyperdimension Neptunia – Santa’s Hat Set (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: 5Pb Events (Sale) (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $3.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Apple Beret (Compa) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Black Heart Booster 1 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Black Heart Booster 2 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Black Heart Booster 3 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Black Heart Final Booster (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Black Heart Swimsuit Costume (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $2.49)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Black Kitty (Neptune) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Cat Ears (Black Heart) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Chef Hat (If) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Closed Mail (H) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Compa Booster 1 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Compa Booster 2 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Compa Booster 3 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Compa Final Booster (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $xxx)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Compa Nurse Costume (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Compa Swimsuit Costume (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $2.49)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Devil (B) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Devil (C) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Devil (H) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Devil (L) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Devil (S) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Devil (W) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Flower Hat (If) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Green Dot (White Heart) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Green Heart Booster 1 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Green Heart Booster 2 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Green Heart Booster 3 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Green Heart Final Booster (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Green Heart Swimsuit Costume (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $2.49)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Gust Battle Ticket (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Gust Swimsuit Costume (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $2.49)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: If Booster 1 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: If Booster 2 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: If Booster 3 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: If Final Booster (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: If Swimsuit Costume (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $2.49)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: If Workout Outfit (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Leafy Bow Hq (Neptune) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Leafy Bow Hq 2 (Compa) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Leafy Bow Hq 2 (Neptune) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Level Cap +200 (2) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Level Cap +200 (3) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Level Cap +200 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Level Cap +300 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Mail (L) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Mail (S) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Mail (W) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Mochi Stack (Neptune) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Mystic Hat (Green Heart) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Mystic Hat (White Heart) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Neptune Booster 1 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Neptune Booster 2 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Neptune Booster 3 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Neptune Final Booster (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Neptune Santa Costume (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Neptune Swimsuit Costume (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $2.49)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Nisa Battle Ticket (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Nisa Swimsuit Costume (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $2.49)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Nurse (Black Heart) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Nurse (Green Heart) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Nurse’s Cap (If) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Open Mail (H) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Red Events (Sale) (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $3.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Spring Bouquet 2 (If) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Waitress (Compa) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Whipped (Compa) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: White Heart Booster 1 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: White Heart Booster 2 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: White Heart Booster 3 (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: White Heart Final Booster (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: White Heart Swimsuit Costume (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $2.49)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Witch Hat (If) (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Trinity Universe – Clear Soul Pack Extra Volume (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.99, original price $3.99)
    Trinity Universe – Gift For Everyone Pack (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Trinity Universe – Godly Weapon Pack (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $1.99)
    Trinity Universe – Healing Idol Pack (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Trinity Universe – High Ability Pack (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Trinity Universe – High-Level Armor Pack (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.99, original price $2.99)
    Trinity Universe – Macaroon’s Black Market Pack (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $1.99)
    Trinity Universe – Middle Ability Pack (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $1.99)
    Trinity Universe – Mid-Level Armor Pack (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $1.99)
    Trinity Universe – Mightiest Meteorite Pack (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $1.99)
    Trinity Universe – My Secret Savings Pack (Sale) (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
    Trinity Universe – Paternal Love Pack (End Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $1.99)
    Trinity Universe – Super Galaxy Pirate Pack (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.99, original price $2.99)
    Trinity Universe – Technician’s Pack (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $1.99)
    Trinity Universe – Their Voices Pack (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $1.99)
    Trinity Universe – Theme 03: Rizelea (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $1.99)
    Trinity Universe – Theme 01: Kanata (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $1.99)
    Trinity Universe – Theme 05: Mizuki (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $1.99)
    Trinity Universe – Theme 09: Flonne (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $1.99)
    Trinity Universe – Theme 10: Etna (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $1.99)
    Trinity Universe – Theme 11: Prinny (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $1.99)
    Trinity Universe – Universal Beauty Pack (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $1.99)
    Trinity Universe – Theme 07: Miyu (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $1.99)
    Dragon’s Lair II: Time Warp (Sale) (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Sky Fighter (Sale) (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Space Ace (Sale) (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)

-(PS3) Wanted Corp ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Dragon Age II ($29.99)
    -(PS3) Need For Speed Hot Pursuit ($29.99)
    -(PS3) Demos for Rage, Goldeneye 007: Reloaded, Burgertime World Tour

-(PSOne) FINAL FANTASY VI ($9.99)

-(PSP) Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 ($29.99)

-(Avatars) PixelJunk SideScroller Avatar Bundle Pack 01 ($1.49)
    -(Avatars) PixelJunk SideScroller Avatar Bundle Pack 02 ($1.49)
    -(Avatars) Just Dance 3 (x10) ($0.49 each)
    -(Avatars) Rayman Origins (x10) ($0.49 each)
    -(Avatars) Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Avatar Collection ($2.99)
    -(Avatars) Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (x10) ($0.49 each)

And for the PAL
    Playstation Plus

Tomb Raider: Underworld – 100% off
    Cool Boarders (PSone Classic) – 100% off
    Sneezies (minis) – 100% off
    Orbit (minis) – 100% off

Additional Discount: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – 20% off until December 14th
    Split/Second: Velocity – 50% off
    Split/Second: Velocity – Deadline DLC Pack – 100% off
    Disney’s Bolt: The Game – 50% off
    4 Elements HD – 40% off
    Rocket Knight – 50% off
    GoldenEye 007: Reloaded – One week early access demo until December 14th
    Festive Snowfall Dynamic Theme – 100% off
    Stripes Part II Dynamic Theme – 100% off
    PixelJunk: Sidescroller Player One Avatar – 100% off
    PixelJunk: Sidescroller Player Two Avatar – 100% off
    Also includes today’s new 12 Gifts of Christmas gift – Medievil (Psone)
    Check back on December 9th for a new gift.

Special Offer Selection

Check Here for the 12 Deals of Christmas offer.

-(PS3) Call Of Duty4: Modern Warfare 2 (£19.99/€29.99)
    -(PS3) Carnival Island (£19.99/€29.99)
    -(PS3) Dragon Age 2 (£19.99/€29.99)
    -(PS3) Disney Universe (£39.99/€49.99)
    -(PS3) Just Cause 2 (£19.99/€24.99)
    -(PS3) Mortal Kombat Arkade Kollection (£7.19/€8.99)
    -(PS3) Ratchet & Clank All 4 One (£49.99/€69.99)
    -(PS3) Sonic Generations (£31.99/€39.99)
    -(PS3) The Sly Trilogy (£19.99/€24.99)
    -(PS3) Sly Cooper and the Thievious Raccoonus (£7.99/€9.99)
    -(PS3) Sly 2: Band Of Theives (£7.99/€9.99)
    -(PS3) Sly 3: Honour Among Theives (£7.99/€9.99)
    -(PS3) Wizardry: Labyrinth Of Lost Souls (£7.99/€9.99)
    -(PS3) Demo for Rage

-(PSP) LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (£23.99/€29.99)
    -(PSP) The Mystery Team (£11.99/€16.99)

Cars 2
    Cars 2 Avatar Bundle Pack (£0.79/€0.99)
    Drifters Avatar Bundle Pack (£0.79/€0.99)
    Italian Avatar Bundle Pack (£0.79/€0.99)
    Japan Avatar Bundle Pack (£0.79/€0.99)
    Racers Avatar Bundle Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
    Spies Avatar Bundle Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
    UK Avatar Bundle Pack (£1.59/€1.99)

Sidescroller Avatar Pack 1 (£0.79/€0.99)

(Includes the following avatars, also available separately)

1P Machine Gun Ship Avatar (£0.21/€0.25)
    Laser Attack Avatar (£0.21/€0.25)
    Bullet Curtain Avatar (£0.21/€0.25)
    Spinner Attack Avatar (£0.21/€0.25)
    Onigiri Boss Avatar (£0.21/€0.25)

Sidescroller Avatar Pack 2 (£0.79/€0.99)

(Includes the following avatars, also available separately)

2P Laser Ship Avatar (£0.21/€0.25)
    An Homage To Remember Avatar (£0.21/€0.25)
    Shark Attack Avatar (£0.21/€0.25)
    Danmaku Attack Avatar (£0.21/€0.25)
    Virus Attack Avatar (£0.21/€0.25)

Ace Combat Assault Horizon
    Aces (£0.20/€0.25)
    Airforce (£0.20/€0.25)
    Antares (£0.20/€0.25)
    Belka (£0.20/€0.25)
    Bigbear (£0.20/€0.25)
    Crow (£0.20/€0.25)
    Erusia (£0.20/€0.25)
    Espada (£0.20/€0.25)
    Falco (£0.20/€0.25)
    Galm (£0.20/€0.25)
    Garuda (£0.20/€0.25)
    Gault (£0.20/€0.25)
    Gelp (£0.20/€0.25)
    Grabacr (£0.20/€0.25)
    Grun (£0.20/€0.25)
    Gryphus (£0.20/€0.25)
    Indigo (£0.20/€0.25)
    Isaf (£0.20/€0.25)
    Mobius (£0.20/€0.25)
    Nagase (£0.20/€0.25)
    Nomad (£0.20/€0.25)
    Osea (£0.20/€0.25)
    Razgriz A (£0.20/€0.25)
    Razgriz G (£0.20/€0.25)
    Razor (£0.20/€0.25)
    Redmoon (£0.20/€0.25)
    Rot (£0.20/€0.25)
    Scharze (£0.20/€0.25)
    Schnee (£0.20/€0.25)
    Shark (£0.20/€0.25)
    Shooter (£0.20/€0.25)
    Silber (£0.20/€0.25)
    Sorcerer (£0.20/€0.25)
    Spooky (£0.20/€0.25)
    Strigon (£0.20/€0.25)
    Wardog (£0.20/€0.25)
    Warwolf (£0.20/€0.25)
    Wizard (£0.20/€0.25)
    Yellow (£0.20/€0.25)
    Yuk (£0.20/€0.25)

Lama Themes Avatars
    Angry Orc (£0.20/€0.25)
    Bodyguard (£0.20/€0.25)
    Dwarf (£0.20/€0.25)
    Elf Warrior Girl (£0.20/€0.25)
    Hurrem (£0.20/€0.25)
    Janissary (£0.20/€0.25)
    Premium Bald Zombie Avatar (£0.20/€0.25)
    Premium Elder Zombie Avatar (£0.20/€0.25)
    Premium Intellectual Zombie Avatar (£0.20/€0.25)
    Racer (£0.20/€0.25)
    Sorcerer (£0.20/€0.25)
    Sultan (£0.20/€0.25)

So, as you can see, there are a metric fuckton of PS3 games up on the PAL store this week. Less games on the NA store, but like every single DLC for Hyperdimension Neptunia is on sale. Advantage: NA PAL.

• Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    Man, I truly wish the PSN version of FFVI wasn't the 'we programmed loadtimes into the code of these games because ??????' version, because I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Darth_Mogs wrote:
    So, as you can see, there are a metric fuckton of PS3 games up on the PAL store this week. Less games on the NA store, but like every single DLC for Hyperdimension Neptunia is on sale. Advantage: NA PAL.

Um, what? Did you look at the prices on those games? Aside from the Sly games (which you guys got last week) and Sonic (thanks to Mike Kebby), they're all FAR more expensive than the retail versions. And that includes R&C: All 4 One, showing how bullshit it is when Sony places the blame on other publishers for their shitty prices.

Oh and XSEED are still assholes. No Wizardry for Australians and New Zealanders.

Edit: Oh and here's the best selling games on the US PSN:
    Top 20 PSN and PS3 Full Games
    1) inFAMOUS Festival of Blood – The proof is in the pudding: Sucker Punch’s standalone open-world PSN title is the fastest-selling PSN game in history. It’s also a lot of fun, with a dark new visual style and powerful vampiric abilities for Cole to use and abuse.
    2) Saints Row 2
    3) PAYDAY: The Heist
    4) NBA JAM: On Fire Edition
    5) LIMBO
    6) Jurassic Park: The Game – Full Season – A strong debut for Telltale Games’ latest interactive adventure, which casts you in a follow-up story for the classic 1993 film.
    7) REAL STEEL
    8) Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
    9) Resident Evil 4
    10) Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
    11) DAYTONA USA
    12) Pinballistik – This PSN exclusive provided intense pinball battle action at the low price of $3.99. If you haven’t already, give it a shot!
    13) Castle Crashers
    14) Outland
    15) Crysis
    16) Hasbro Family Game Night – This family-friendly title provides six classic games hosted by the inimitable Mr Potato Head.
    17) Battlefield 1943
    18) Midnight Club Los Angeles Complete Edition
    19) Mass Effect 2
    20) Castlevania Harmony of Despair

Top 5 PS3 Add-Ons
    1) Batman: Arkham City – Nightwing Bundle – One of the best games of the season also has some of the best DLC, including the Nightwing Bundle.
    2) Call of Duty: Black Ops – Rezurrection: Content Pack 4
    3) Batman: Arkham City – Robin Bundle
    4) DC Universe Online – Fight for the Light
    5) Gran Turismo 5 Complete Pack

Top 5 PSone Classics
    1) CHRONO CROSS – Square Enix’s time-bending PSone classic proved to be irresistible journey for PS3 and PSP owners looking for an RPG fix. unforgettable journey through parallel dimensions.
    2) FINAL FANTASY VII
    3) CHRONO TRIGGER
    4) FINAL FANTASY V
    5) FINAL FANTASY IX

Top 5 PSP Games
    1) Corpse Party – PSP gamers saw the release of one of the most uniquely horrific games of all time. Got a PSP? You need to check out Corpse Party.
    2) Fate/EXTRA
    3) FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS
    4) DISSIDIA 012 Prologus FINAL FANTASY
    5) Phantasy Star Portable 2

Infamous FoB is the fastest selling PSN game ever, FFVII is STILL one of the best selling PS1 games almost 2 and a half years after release and the fact that Corpse Party's the best selling PSP game probably indicates none of them are selling particularly well.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    Or maybe Corpse Party is better than you think.

My review is going up today, so we'll find out soon enough.

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Corpse Party has had more positive buzz around it than any other PSP game since... I can't even remember. Peace Walker?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Still no PAL Corpse Party :/

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    If they're going to the trouble of telling us the top sellers they should put them on sale.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Darth_Mogs wrote:

Um, what? Did you look at the prices on those games? Aside from the Sly games (which you guys got last week) and Sonic (thanks to Mike Kebby), they're all FAR more expensive than the retail versions. And that includes R&C: All 4 One, showing how bullshit it is when Sony places the blame on other publishers for their shitty prices.

There is a good chance that I did not. >.>

• Options
    And here we have The Drop for this week.
    Playstation Network

Red Faction: Armageddon – Half a century after the Red Faction resistance freed Mars, the red planet again becomes a battleground. Colonists struggle for survival in the underground mines after the surface is rendered uninhabitable. When Darius Mason, grandson of revolution heroes Alec Mason and Samanya, unknowingly releases a long-dormant evil, Armageddon is unleashed on Mars. As settlements are torn asunder, only Darius and the Red Faction can save mankind. The battle will take them to the core of the storm-blasted planet through ice caves and lava flows until they are face to face against the unspeakable threat.

Alice: Madness Returns – Alice: Madness Returns takes place 10 years after the conclusion of the original game, with Alice struggling to recover from the emotional trauma of losing her entire family in a fatal fire. After spending a decade institutionalized in an insane asylum, she is finally released to the care of a psychiatrist who just may be able to help her conquer the nightmarish hallucinations that still haunt her. Alice embarks on a mission to root out the true cause of her family’s mysterious death, jumping from a gloomy and stark London to a rich and provocative Wonderland.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood – Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood transports players from a ravaged Civil War-era Georgia to the Aztec ruins of Mexico. In the wildest West ever depicted, players can embody both McCall brothers in an intense Wild West storyline full of greed, lust and lawlessness that takes place during a legendary period of American history.

Family Feud Decades – Family Feud Decades pits two families against each other in a contest to name the most popular responses to survey-type questions posed to 100 people. Players will be challenged to answer questions from various decades correctly. The game has a fun, retro feel, featuring the classic set designs and scoreboards from each of the decades the TV show has aired. Additionally, players design a personal avatar to represent them in the game, with hilarious outfits from different eras including hippie, disco, grunge and more.

Demos

Winter Stars
    The King of Fighters XIII

minis

The Marbians

Not a whole lot, really. Alice: Madness Returns was pretty good from what I saw, but I'm not sure the others (RF and Juarez, that is) were so well received. I could very well be wrong on that, though.