As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fourth Playstation Store Thread - NA: Blood Dragon, Soul Sacrifice, Spring Sale

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote:
    You don't get much chance to deactivate a PS3 when YLOD's. I don't like this.

Think they are adding a web page now to allow device deactivation. I'm still a bit grumbly about it as I know for sure it's to stop account sharing but the savings wont be passed on to the genuine customers,

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Square Enix announces "Winter of RPGs"
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/11/03/announcing-square-enixs-winter-of-rpgs-campaign/

Chrono Cross on November 8th.

Final Fantasy 5 on November 22nd.

Final Fantasy 6 on December 6th.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Adda wrote:
    Diarmuid wrote:
    You don't get much chance to deactivate a PS3 when YLOD's. I don't like this.

Think they are adding a web page now to allow device deactivation. I'm still a bit grumbly about it as I know for sure it's to stop account sharing but the savings wont be passed on to the genuine customers,

Yep and it should be pointed out that this'll only count for games you purchase from the time it starts onwards. All games bought before it still have 5 activations.

Assuming the website works like it should, I don't really have many complaints. I've only shared a couple of games with my brother but all the other activations have been taken up by YLODs, so if they let me deactivate them, I'd be fine. That said, I doubt it will work as it should. In that case, what's stopping someone from activating their system, downloading a bunch of stuff, going offline and then deactivating it on the website? I hope they've managed to work around this.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    that jurassic park deal is kinda bullshit, i think. i already bought into your ps+ thing, dont start holding out on the free shit now.

im honestly pretty surprised it took sony until now to reign in the system activation thing. as long as the website actually works as advertised i dont have any problem with it, but some people i know are losing their shit right now.

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/11/03/announcing-square-enixs-winter-of-rpgs-campaign/

That would be a lot more exciting if they weren't using the PS1 versions of FFV & FFVI - horrible, horrible ports.

• Options
    And yet all 3 will probably be in the top 5 of their respective release weeks.

Now, I don't have a clue about the distribution rights on this sort of thing, but even with Square Enix being the parent company here, could they have released the Nintendo GBA ports of FFV/VI, or would there be some kind of issue preventing that, not the least of which is Sony probably not wanting to include an emulator of some kind to play those ports.

• Options
    Oh, they definitely could have released the GBA versions if they wanted to. The thing is they don't want to - it's much easier to put a PS1 game on the PSN than it is to port a GBA game to the PS3/PSP.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    2 of each type of system. That means 2 PS3s, 2 PSPs, 2 Vitas, etc.

And they're adding a website where you can unlink systems.

It also only applies for new purchases past the date.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    So, guys.
    I just bought a PSP e1000. The one without Wifi. I grabbed an 8Gb memory stick, Castlevania and FF Tactics.
    I have $50 left. What should I get? I already have a bunch of PS1 games from back when I had a PS3.

• Options
    2 of each type of system. That means 2 PS3s, 2 PSPs, 2 Vitas, etc.

And they're adding a website where you can unlink systems.

It also only applies for new purchases past the date.

Actually, one of the staff on the Playstation blog clarified this. It's 2 PS3 and 2 portable. Vita doesn't count as a separate category.

• Options
    Alright, so I've got a US account, and an Australian account. Whenever I want to play my US account PS1 games I need to plug my PSP in and activate the console with the account, and the same with my Australian account?

• Options
    Rizzi wrote:
    So, guys.
    I just bought a PSP e1000. The one without Wifi. I grabbed an 8Gb memory stick, Castlevania and FF Tactics.
    I have $50 left. What should I get? I already have a bunch of PS1 games from back when I had a PS3.

Jeanne d'Arc, Half Minute Hero, What Did I Do to Deserve This My Lord!? and Valkyria Chronicles 2 would be good starts I think.

And yeah, that's what you'll have to do to switch accounts on the PSP. That's why account management is such a pain in the ass on it, though taking away Wifi would only make that worse.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

Oh jeez look at this giant boner in my pants

• Options
    I managed to fill up my 8Gb memory stick with PS1 games and Persona 3.
    I'm going to need more memory!

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote:
    I managed to fill up my 8Gb memory stick with PS1 games and Persona 3.
    I'm going to need more memory!

If you find a cheap 16gb stick somewhere that ships to the US, let us know. Or let me know. I'm in the market for one.

• Options

Oh jeez look at this giant boner in my pants

I loved me some Chrono Cross, but I was not a fan of the battle music. Everything else, from the intro, to overworld themes, ship sailing music - awesome stuff. But that fight music got annoying, which is not good since it's the music you'll hear more than anything in the game.

I'd also argue that the bulk of CC's 40+ roster are chaff. You get almost no character development beyond Serge, Kidd, Lynx and a few others, and brief story bits to get someone recruited, who you can then forget about for the rest of the game.

I'll still probably pick this up. :P

• Options
    Playing Metal Gear Solid on the PSP is pretty uncomfortable. Damned item menus are on the analogue nub.

• Options
    Can't you customise the control config completely? So you can put the items on L, weapons on R and not bother with quick swap?

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

That would be a lot more exciting if they weren't using the PS1 versions of FFV & FFVI - horrible, horrible ports.

Everybody always shits on the PS1 versions of the SNES Final Fantasy games, but other than the load times (welcome to CD-ROM gaming) I haven't heard anyone complaining about anything else.

The ports do add the beginning/end FMVs, a beastiary, artwork, the Memo Save option, and a ton of bugfixes. When you consider the fact that the load times are lessened when playing from a memory stick or hard drive, I'd say the ports aren't "horrible, horrible" so much as they are "pretty great".

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I played FFIV on the PlayStation and thought it was fine. And I've never played CT so I think I'll pick that up for play on PSP.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Can't you customise the control config completely? So you can put the items on L, weapons on R and not bother with quick swap?

Ah, thank you. I didn't see the option to do that. Much better now!
    Have any of you played Persona 2? I'm enjoying Persona 3 Portable, and I loved Persona 4 when I played it on the Ps2. Is it similar?

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Here comes The Drop Post.
    Playstation Network

Fight Night Champion – Step into the ring for this 2011 entry in the knockout king boxing franchise. Fight Night Champion sets out to define a new standard in sports videogames by delivering the most dynamic simulation fighting experience to date, pushing visual boundaries and redefining the single player journey for the category.

Dead Space 2 – In Dead Space 2, Isaac brings the terror to space. Players will take on bigger, scarier and more epic battles that will keep them on the edge of their seats. Delivering a sensory overload of sound, visuals and action sequences, Dead Space 2 will bring the psychological thrills of deep space to a terrifying new level.

Monopoly Streets – Monopoly Streets has everything you love about the board game, presented as a street level tour of Mr. Monopoly’s fully animated world. Players can experience Monopoly, one of the world’s favorite family game brands, as a fully dynamic, living, 3D world that continuously evolves with the videogame action.

Demos

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
    Disney Universe
    Rayman Origins
    Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7

PSone Classics

CHRONO CROSS – The sequel to game that came after CHRONO TRIGGER, is one of the most ambitious role-playing games ever made. There are over 40 playable characters, each with their back-story, special moves, abilities, and weapons. The story spans two discs and follows the story of Serge, a young man who is able to cross dimensions. Suddenly he is pulled between worlds, trying to figure out his own past at the same time. The graphics are bright and beautiful, utilizing the PlayStation’s capabilities to the fullest. The polygonal character models are huge and detailed, and the pre-rendered backgrounds are immaculately detailed. The music is composed and arranged by Yasunori Mitsuda, and features very realistic-sounding synthesizers.

PS2 Classics

Full Spectrum Warrior – Full Spectrum Warrior is based on a real-time squad-based strategy game commissioned by the U.S. Army to train light Infantry troops in urban combat situations. Soldiers are placed in a tense, hostile, and claustrophobic environment where they must complete a variety of military objectives. Players act as the Squad Leader, providing direction to Alpha and Bravo fire teams. The successful Squad Leader effectively uses cover in the environment and moves his fire teams in a coordinated fashion so they can protect themselves from possible attacks that could come from any direction. Full Spectrum Warrior puts you in the dirt with your men, where danger lurks around every corner.

Stuntman Ignition – Developed by Paradigm Studios and published by THQ, Stuntman Ignition puts you in the driver’s seat as you create spectacular Hollywood moments such as monstrous jumps, fantastic explosions and large-scale crashes. In this second entry entry into the popular series, you’ll live the life of a famous Hollywood stuntman, building your career from the ground up and taking death defying stunts to a whole new level.

So two sets of PS2 Classics in two weeks, rather than sort of a one group a month as set last month. Hey, whatever, more things, right? I'm not sure on either games, having played neither, so I'll just have to defer to the popular opinion of the thread on whether this is good or not. Also the "Winter of RPGs" starts with Chrono Cross which.....is an RPG. I'm one of the many who don't care for the game, but that argument has likely gone on enough times in the forums, so I'm not about to try and start it again. Also Dead Space 2 shows up fashionably late (as in, I'd hoped for Pre-Halloween) but shows up nonetheless.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    And here is The Update for the side-by-side comparison.
    Playstation Plus

Free Minis: Where is my Heart
    Exclusive Discounts: topatoi – 70% off
    Full Game Trials: MONOPOLY STREETS
    Dead Space 2
    Free Dynamic Theme: inFAMOUS Festival of Blood
    Avatar Bundle: Super Street Fighter 2 Avatar Bundle – $1.49

Updates

Magic Orbz – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Shift 2 Unleashed Digital (Price Change) (PS3) (now $29.99, original price $39.99)
    Medal of Honor Frontline (Price Change) (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $14.99)
    PlayStation Move Heroes (Price Change) (PS3) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)

-(PS3) Fight Night Champion ($4.99)
    -(PS3) Dead Space 2 ($29.99)
    -(PS3) Monopoly Streets ($29.99)
    -(PS3) Demos for Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, Rayman Origins, Disney Universe, Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7

-(Bundles) Fight Night Champion (Bundled with all modes available) ($29.99)

-(PS2) Full Spectrum Warrior ($9.99)
    -(PS2) Stuntman Ignition ($9.99)

-(PSOne) Chrono Cross ($9.99)

-(PSP) Cars 2: The Video Game Full Game ($29.99)

-(Avatars) Super Street Fighter 2 Avatars (x16) ($0.49 each)
    -(Avatars) Just Cause 2 Avatars (x9) ($0.49 each)

So, pretty much everything as advertised. Only thing that wasn't mentioned was Fight Night Champion Bundle (Cars 2 -was- mentioned in the Drop, but it didn't say Digital Version or anything, so I didn't know for sure.) so there's that.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    So how long has the internet known about the hp lego game? I still haven't played the first one yet.

Thanks for posting the update.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    PAL Update
    Special Offer Selection

PS3

Worms (Was £7.99/€ 9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
    Worms 2: Armageddon (Was £11.99/€14.99 – Now £6.29/€7.99)
    Worms 2: Armageddon – Battle Pack (Was £3.19/€3.99 – Now £1.59/€1.99)
    Worms 2: Armageddon – Puzzle Pack (Was £2.99/€3.59 – Now £1.99/€2.49)
    Worms 2: Armageddon – Forts Pack (Was £2.99/€3.59 – Now £1.99/€2.49)
    Worms 2: Armageddon – Time Attack Pack (Was £2.99/€3.59 – Now £1.99/€2.49)
    Worms 2: Armageddon – Retro Pack (Was £2.99/€3.59 – Now £1.99/€2.49)

PSP

Worms: Battle Islands (Was £15.99/€19.99 – Now £5.49/€6.99)

Themes

Worms Premium Theme (Was £0.79/€0.99 – Now £0.59/€0.79)
    Worms Dynamic Theme (Was £1.99/€2.49 – Now £1.59/€1.99)

Offers ends on 16th November 2011

Subscriptions (PS3)

Call of Duty ELITE – Premium Subscription (£34.99/€49.99)

Rating: PEGI 18
    Availability: Not available in Croatia, Greece, India, Israel, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine and UAE

Call of Duty ELITE 1-Year Premium Subscription consists of:

All the MW3 DLC (20 pieces) during the 9-month DLC season starting early 2012. Includes multiplayer and special ops maps

The 1-Year Premium Subscription also includes:

Access to Call of Duty ELITE TV to see the latest news, insights, fire fights and entertainment programming.
    Compete in year-round contests and events (subject to country availability)
    And access to additional Premium features! Visit callofduty.com/ELITE for details. Additional features are expressly subject to change and availability.

Full Games (PS3)

Monopoly Streets (£23.99/€29.99) File Size: 1142 MB
    Availability: Not available in Croatia, Czech Republic, India, Ireland, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine and UAE

Move Mind Benders (£17.99/€24.99)
    (This is a bundle product which includes Tumble, Echochrome 2 and Lemmings)

Premier Manager 2012 (£13.99/€17.99) File Size: 147 MB
    (Special Offer of £9.99/€12.99 for the 1st 2 weeks only!)

Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (£15.99/€19.99) File Size: 4817 MB

Trial & Unlock (PS3)

Zombie Apocalypse 2 (£7.99/€9.99) File Size: 1217MB
    Availability: Not available in New Zealand
    (Available in Germany only as a bundle package)

Demos (PS3)

Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 Network Demo 2 File Size: 551 MB

Rayman Origins Demo File Size: 459 MB

Medieval Moves Demo File Size: 2006 MB

Full Games (PSP)

Football Manager Handheld 12 (£23.99/€29.99)
    Availability: Not available Germany

minis (PS3 and PSP)

Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock Of Firetop Mountain (£2.49/€2.99) File Size: 28 MB

Orbit (£2.49/€2.99) File Size: 33 MB

PSone (PS3 and PSP)

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (£4.79/€5.99) File Size: 452 MB

Dezaemon Plus (£3.99/€4.99) File Size: 264 MB
    (Please note that this game is a Japanese import)

Add-On Game Content (PS3)

Castlevania: Harmony Of Dispair

Add-On Music Pack 1 (£1.59/€1.99)
    Add-On Character ‘Richter Belmont’ (£2.39/€2.99)
    Add-On Level ‘Chapter 9′ Lord Of Flies (£3.19/€3.99)

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record

Gamebreaker Pack (£3.99/€4.99)
    Skill Pack – Fire Fighter (£1.59/€1.99)

Availability: Not available in Germany

Fight Night Champion

Fight Night Champion – All Modes Bundle (£23.99/€29.99)
    (Includes the following content)
    Fight Night Champion Game
    Fight Night Champion – Champion Mode
    Fight Night Champion – Fight Now
    Fight Night Champion – Legacy Mode
    Fight Night Champion – Online Play

Fight Night Champion – Champion Bundle
    (£3.99/€4.99)(Includes the following content)
    Fight Night Champion Game
    Fight Night Champion – Champion Mode

Availability: Not available in Finland, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, Netherlands and Ukraine

LittleBigPlanet 2
    Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath – Stranger Costume (£1.59/€1.99)

Rock Band Network

Children Surrender – Black Veil Brides (£0.99/€1.49)
    Perfect Weapon – Black Veil Brides (£0.99/€1.49)
    England Rock Anthems – Richard Campbell (£0.59/€0.79)
    Go North – The Pauses (£0.99/€1.49)
    Need Strange – Chad Smith’s Bombastic Meatbats (£0.99/€1.49)

Availability: Not Available in Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, India, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Poland, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

Rock Band 3

Going Country Pack 05 (£4.39/€6.59)
    (Includes the following songs, also available separately)

Single White Female (Rb3 Version) by Chely Wright (£0.99/€1.49)
    Giddy On Up (Rb3 Version) by Laura Bell Bundy (£0.99/€1.49)
    The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia (Rb3 Version) by Reba McEntire (£0.99/€1.49)
    Party For Two (With Billy Currington) (Rb3 Version) by Shania Twain (£0.99/€1.49)
    Settlin’ (Rb3 Version) by Sugarland (£0.99/€1.49)

Going Country Pack 07 (£7.19/€8.99)

Alright (Rb3 Version) by Darius Rucker (£0.99/€1.49)
    Sideways (Rb3 Version) by Dierks Bentley (£0.99/€1.49)
    Kiss A Girl (Rb3 Version) by Keith Urban (£0.99/€1.49)
    Perfect Day (Rb3 Version) by Lady Antebellum (£0.99/€1.49)
    Rain Is A Good Thing (Rb3 Version) by Luke Bryan (£0.99/€1.49)
    Mama Tried (Rb3 Version) by Merle Haggard (£0.99/€1.49)
    Ride (Rb3 Version) by Trace Adkins (£0.99/€1.49)

Going Country Pack 08 (£2.49/€3.99)

Intentional Heartache (Rb3 Version) by Dwight Yoakam (£0.99/€1.49)
    Crazy Town (Rb3 Version) by Jason Aldean (£0.99/€1.49)
    Summer Nights (Rb3 Version) by Rascal Flatts (£0.99/€1.49)

Country Mega Pack (£9.99/€14.99)

Single White Female (Rb3 Version) by Chely Wright (£0.99/€1.49)
    Giddy On Up (Rb3 Version) by Laura Bell Bundy (£0.99/€1.49)
    The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia (Rb3 Version) by Reba McEntire (£0.99/€1.49)
    Party For Two (With Billy Currington) (Rb3 Version) by Shania Twain (£0.99/€1.49)
    Settlin’ (Rb3 Version) by Sugarland (£0.99/€1.49)
    Alright (Rb3 Version) by Darius Rucker (£0.99/€1.49)
    Sideways (Rb3 Version) by Dierks Bentley (£0.99/€1.49)
    Kiss A Girl (Rb3 Version) by Keith Urban (£0.99/€1.49)
    Perfect Day (Rb3 Version) by Lady Antebellum (£0.99/€1.49)
    Rain Is A Good Thing (Rb3 Version) by Luke Bryan (£0.99/€1.49)
    Mama Tried (Rb3 Version) by Merle Haggard (£0.99/€1.49)
    Ride (Rb3 Version) by Trace Adkins (£0.99/€1.49)
    Intentional Heartache (Rb3 Version) by Dwight Yoakam (£0.99/€1.49)
    Crazy Town (Rb3 Version) by Jason Aldean (£0.99/€1.49)
    Summer Nights (Rb3 Version) by Rascal Flatts (£0.99/€1.49)
    Awful Beautiful Life (Rb3 Version) by Darryl Worley (£0.99/€1.49)
    Backwoods (Rb3 Version) by Justin Moore (£0.99/€1.49)
    Man Of Me (Rb3 Version) by Gary Hallan (£0.99/€1.49)
    Ring Of Fire (Rb3 Version) by Johnny Cash (£0.99/€1.49)
    That’S How Country Boys Roll (Rb3 Version) by Billy Currington (£0.99/€1.49)
    Twang (Rb3 Version) by George Strait (£0.99/€1.49)

Availability: Not Available in Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, India, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Poland, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

Saints Row The Third

Co-Op Pack (Online Pass) (£6.29/€7.99)
    Invincible Pack (£1.99/€2.49)
    Nyte Blayde Pack (£1.99/€2.49)
    Shark Attack Pack (£1.19/€1.49)

Availability: Not available in Germany

Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike: Online Edition
    Character Colour Pack 2 (£2.39/€2.99)

Tour De France 2011
    Critérium International (£5.19/€6.59)
    Availability: Not available in Portugal, Russian Federation and Ukraine

And there's not a whole lot of interesting stuff in that wall of text, for me anyway.
    I've not played Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain and have no idea if it's any good, but that's the only thing that really caught my eye.

• Options
    Unfortunately, I'd say it's the only eye-catching thing as well. It's worth of note, but anyone who missed Blood Omen but got into the later entries of the series (Soul Reaver 1&2, Blood Omen 2 which isn't canon, Defiance), it is a very different game. So very early PSOne and it shows. Still pretty good though.

Also, it seems right after the Full Games note, there's a half-entry of something that's 14 gigs in size; anyone have an idea on what that is? Maybe a typo?

• Options
    Also, not to double post, buuuut, Vanguard Bandits is hitting PSN Next week. Small problem here, though. It's apparently being done by MonkeyPaw Games who, unless I'm mistaken, only does Imports? If anyone could clarify on that, it'd be appreciated, since I don't think charging $10 for a Strategy RPG that nobody over here can understand is the brightest move.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    It'd be the working designs translation

WD obviously can't bring it over, because they don't exist no more. The rights must have fallen into MonkeyPaw's lap or whatever.

I still have my original copy of VB and the lovely hardbound strategy guide for it. :)

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    At least one of the guys at MonkeyPaw Games is good friends with Vic Ireland (who was the president of Working Designs). I know this because I overheard a conversation at E3 (where they mentioned that Vanguard Bandits was coming out this year - glad to hear it's actually happening).

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote:
    Also, it seems right after the Full Games note, there's a half-entry of something that's 14 gigs in size; anyone have an idea on what that is? Maybe a typo?
    I figured it was DC Universe Online, that's the only thing I can think of that would take that much space.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    At least one of the guys at MonkeyPaw Games is good friends with Vic Ireland (who was the president of Working Designs). I know this because I overheard a conversation at E3 (where they mentioned that Vanguard Bandits was coming out this year - glad to hear it's actually happening).

MonkeyPaw are also the ones bringing Vic's PS1 games to the SCEE stores. Though obviously SCEE managed to fuck that up by uploading the Japanese version of Arc the Lad.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure where I should post this but the Jak & Daxter Collection has been confirmed:
    Update: Sony has confirmed the news in a statement to Game Informer.

"We can confirm the Jak and Daxter Collection is coming and will have more news to share shortly," a spokesperson said.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/11/09/jax-amp-daxter-trilogy-edition-rated-for-ps3.aspx

Guess the Ratchet & Clank Collection won't be too far behind it, seeing as Sony are running out of collections they can make.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    I never played the Jak and Daxter games. Are they similar to Ratchet and Clank's 3D-ish platforming and weapon mayhem?

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Not as focused on weapons, more focus on the platforming. The first game didn't have any weapons at all actually. They kind of made a gta clone for 2 and added guns.

I LOVE all 3 of the Jak games. I was really bummed when Naughty Dog stopped making them.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Anyone used a long distance reballing service for their PS3 or know some chain shops in SoCal that might do it? Mine (launch day PS3) shit the bed, I'd like to get it fixed and working for as long as possible. Particularly since I have a lot of data I'd like to save.

JAEF on
  • Options
    JAEF wrote:
    Anyone used a long distance reballing service for their PS3 or know some chain shops in SoCal that might do it? Mine (launch day PS3) shit the bed, I'd like to get it fixed and working for as long as possible. Particularly since I have a lot of data I'd like to save.

when my 60gb model went YLOD recently i did the hairdryer trick, and that got it running long enough to back up my data, get my disc out, deactivate the system/delete my used data etc, and trade it in to gamestop towards a new slim one. so... you could try that if youre feeling lucky.

• Options
    Here comes The Drop post, fresh off the block or something.
    Playstation Network

Red Dead Redemption – Red Dead Redemption features an open-world environment for players to explore, including frontier towns, rolling prairies teaming with wildlife, and perilous mountain passes – each packed with an endless flow of varied distractions. Along the way, players will experience the heat of gunfights and battles, meet a host of unique characters, struggle against the harshness of one of the world’s last remaining wildernesses, and ultimately pick their own precarious path through an epic story about the death of the Wild West and the gunslingers that inhabited it.

Jurrasic Park: The Game – On the stormy night when Jurassic Park fell apart, a desperate smuggler infiltrates Isla Nublar, hunting the precious canister containing the contraband dinosaur embryos. She collides — literally — with park staff trying to evacuate, and they become stranded amidst the collapsing park ruins, with the newly-freed dinosaurs on the loose. When InGen launches a perilous rescue operation, mercenaries, saboteurs, and survivors are thrown together in the struggle to escape the island.

In this intense adventure game based on the blockbuster film franchise, the survivors’ agendas clash, secrets of the park are exposed, and a new threat emerges: an eerie, nocturnal predator stalking the group, hunting them relentlessly across the island.

Hasbro Family Game Night 3 – The Hasbro Family Game Night 3 collection of titles will appeal to the entire family with versions of their favorite game brands brought to life in a new theme park setting with the loveable Mr. Potato Head returning as the host and park guide. Featuring both classic and remixed versions, players can spin the wheel of fate in The Game of Life, find out “whodunit” in Clue, tie themselves in knots with Twister, trigger crazy chain reactions in Mouse Trap, and try their hand at Yahtzee Hands Down.

Hollywood Squares – The Hollywood Squares game features all the favorite elements of the show as played on television, as two contestants play head-to-head in a bid to win money and prizes.

BurgerTime: World Tour – An all-time arcade favorites gets a second helping as BurgerTime World Tour elevates classic gaming to the next-gen universe.

Demos

LittleBigPlanet 2: Special Edition

PSone Classics

Vanguard Bandits – In a world where mythology and technology are one, a young man and his motley crew of friends are unwillingly drawn into a holy war being waged by a bloodthirsty general and his army of darkness. Join the charismatic Bastion as he realizes his destiny to lead the rebellion against the Junaris Kingdom: and to save the people of his world from an eternity of oppression!

Lead massive squadrons of robotic warriors into battle and take complete command of their actions. Smite your foes with cleaving swords, piercing spears, and sizzling magical spells. Use the wide variety of landscapes to your advantage and maneuver your forces into superior battle positions.

minis

Rumble Trucks

So, we have Red Dead Redemption as the latest full-game download along with Jurassic Park: The Game: The Movie: The Game for those who'll get it free and those who don't alike. There's also Vanguard Bandits as I mentioned earlier listed as a PSOne Classic which, coupled with the comments you guys had about it, makes me not worry about it not being the translated version. Has MonkeyPaw been behind any of the other Working Designs games as well? Getting them onto the store, I mean.

• Options
    Ah_Pook wrote:
    JAEF wrote:

when my 60gb model went YLOD recently i did the hairdryer trick, and that got it running long enough to back up my data, get my disc out, deactivate the system/delete my used data etc, and trade it in to gamestop towards a new slim one. so... you could try that if youre feeling lucky.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure if either of you guys have it but I'd really recommend getting PSN+ to back up your data. It's a pretty convenient way to backup all your saves and basically the only way to backup the copy protected ones (even full backups don't replace them properly). I was lucky enough to have already backed up my saves during the free month after the outage and since Sony keep the saves around for 6-12 months (can't remember which) after your subscription ends, I really only ended up losing a couple of saves when I received my replacement PS3 (though one of those saves was a 50 hour Dynasty Warriors 7 save...). It's basically the only reason why I bothered with PSN+, though the discounts and free stuff are nice.

• Options
    yea, when i hairdryer resuscitated my system i signed up for PSN+ real fast and uploaded my saves to it. it was a lifesaver. plus then free games are cool too, so its been pretty ok all around.

• Options
    Alright, I have $60 worth of PSN cards. (Australian)
    What do I want to buy on the PSP? Bought Persona 3 when I got the PSP, and Persona 2 isn't up on here.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Gah, I want Red Dead Redemption on PSN in America. That'd be an insta-buy for me.

Edit: Oh, we got it! I thought I was looking at the PAL drop.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G