As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fourth Playstation Store Thread - NA: Blood Dragon, Soul Sacrifice, Spring Sale

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Bought Okabu and the Deus Ex: HR DLC. Pretty excited to play both, especially since Okabu has a platinum. Okabu > RE4 HD. HandCircus (Rolando and Okabu dev) > Capcom.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So my plus expired, but costume quest wasn't free anymore anyway despite the thread saying it was until the 19th. Oh well. Had some money left in my wallet anyway so I just bought it. Also finally downloaded the uncharted beta so I'll get to try that out this weekend.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    I've never bought a PSP game off of PSN...I still have to use my PSP, right? It won't just wave it's hand and let me play it on my PS3? Cause I really don't feel like charging up my PSP...or finding it.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    You can wave your hand as much as you want, but the PS3 will be like a Toydarian. Mind tricks won't work on it, only money.

Hope you can find your PSP and charger.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    hey if you have PSN plus burnout crash is $5 this week and is awesome. so you should buy it and leaderboard with me!

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Oh, I forgot to do The Drop. Whoops.
    PlayStation Network

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood (PlayStation Move Support)– In Infamous 2: Festival of Blood, vampires have swarmed New Marais, and revered superhero Cole MacGrath has been bitten. To save his soul — and the city — he has just one night to find and kill the head vampire. Featuring new missions, themed environment settings, plus new characters and enemies, Festival of Blood explores the darker side of the inFAMOUS universe.

PixelJunk SideScroller (PSN Exclusive) – Based on the unlockable stage from PixelJunk Shooter 2, PixelJunk Sidescroller is a complex and dynamic fluid simulation system, which fills the game world with flowing liquids and hazardous gases, while putting a new spin on arcade shooters. Blast holes in walls or use your ship itself to drill past scorching hot magma. The fluids react in real-time to the player’s actions and to other liquids, creating unique and exciting situations with every play.

Dodge flurries of alien bullets and strategically upgrade weapons as you battle your way through sweeping stages full of hazardous fluid and endless shooting mayhem. Each player’s goal is to get to the end of each level, while gathering scattered coins for points and protecting themselves from the barrage of enemy attacks. Players can look forward to brand new levels and ferocious boss attacks along the way.

Call of Duty: Black Ops – Hear the call of duty once again with this seventh entry in this blockbuster first-person shooter franchise. Call of Duty: Black Ops takes you deep behind enemy lines into the world of deniable operations as a member of an elite special forces unit engaging in covert warfare, classified operations, and explosive conflicts across the globe. With access to a variety of exclusive weaponry and equipment, your actions will tip the balance during the most dangerous time period mankind has ever known.

Homefront – The year is 2027. The world has suffered a decade-long energy crisis, and economies have crumbled. Reduced to a mere shadow of the super power it once was, the United States became the target of a North Korean takeover. American malls, suburbs and city streets are now battlegrounds as the civilian resistance fights for freedom. Featuring a compelling single player story crafted by John Milius (Apocalypse Now, Red Dawn), Homefront immerses gamers in an interactive and cinematic FPS experience where they will assume an infantry role or take command of a wide variety of aerial and ground vehicles. In addition to the single-player experience, Homefront will deliver a robust multiplayer experience. In a land stripped of freedom, the brave will fight for their home.

MX vs ATV: Alive – Own the competition as you wrestle for position with tightly contested racing in the fifth iteration of the MX vs ATV franchise. Feel the realism of the revolutionary real-world physics engine which has defined the genre. MX vs ATV Alive captures the spectacle of motocross and the essence of competitive racing while providing the best riders and gear from the latest manufacturers, letting players live the sport.

Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone (Demo Available) – Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone is a direct sequel to 2009′s Zombie Apocalypse,and features four new heroes who must attempt to survive a zombie uprising. The quartet is stranded on a remote island which is under siege from an army of the dead. Using whatever weapons come to hand, the player must scour the island looking for survivors and eliminating the flesh-eaters in order to create safe zones.

Daytona USA – Daytona USA marks a return to the hallmark sense of speed and control of SEGA’s renown racing line with this re-creation of the classic racing title.

Demos

Resistance 3
    Grease
    Sonic Generations
    Elevator Action Deluxe
    Akimi Village

PSone Classics

Monster Bass!

A few demos that should be pretty nice for everyone to check out, Festival of Blood and PixelJunk Sidescroller make it a fairly good week for all of us. The rest assuredly help that as well. Except for the demo for Grease Dance. That....yeah.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Thanks for posting the drop. I always look forward to reading this post (and your post with the actual update) to plan what I want to download.

Looks like I'm safe this week.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    im real excited for festival of blood, yep.

i wish there was a demo for the new daytona. im interested but theres no way i would buy it blind.

• Options
    Oh geez, the Update sure is early today.
    Playstation Plus

Free PSN Games and DLC: Dungeon Defenders DLC – 10/25
    The pack contains: 4 familiars (Cog,Drakon, Naimi, Cowboy Monkey)
    Full Game Trials: Homefront (free)
    MX vs. ATV (free)
    Exclusive Discounts: inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood – 20% off ($7.99)
    PixelJunk: SideScroller – 20% off ($7.99)
    Call of Duty: Black Ops – 20% off ($39.99)
    MX vs. ATV Game + DLC Bundle – 20% Off ($23.99)
    4 Elements – 50% off ($5.00)
    MercuryHg – 50% off ($2.50)
    Daytona USA – 30% off ($6.99)
    Worms Crazy Golf – 20% off ($7.99)
    Themes: DAYTONA USA Theme (Dynamic Theme) (free)
    Worms Premium Theme (free)
    Avatars: Daytona Usa Daytona Car 1 Avatar (free)
    Daytona Usa Daytona Car 2 Avatar (free)
    Daytona Usa Pixel Car 1 Avatar (free)
    Daytona Usa Pixel Car 2 Avatar (free)
    Daytona Usa Pixel Car 3 Avatar (free)

Updates

Saints Row 2 – Ultor Exposed Dlc – Sale PS3 (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
    Saints Row 2: Corporate Warfare – Sale (now $4.99, original price $6.99)
    Call Of Duty: Black Ops Digital – Sale (now $49.99, original price $59.99)
    Smash Cars – Sale (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
    Auditorium Hd – Sale (now $2.99, original price $9.99)

-(PS3) inFAMOUS Festival of Blood ($9.99)
    -(PS3) PixelJunk Sidescroller ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Daytona USA ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Worms Crazy Golf ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Call Of Duty: Black Ops ($49.99)
    -(PS3) Homefront ($29.99)
    -(PS3) Mx Vs Atv Alive ($19.99)
    -(PS3) Demos for Resistance 3, Grease, Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone, Sonic Generations, Elevator Action Deluxe, Akimi Village

-(PSP Bundle) Carnivores Bundle ($5.99)
    Okabu – Bombbot Avatar ($0.49)
    Okabu – Bushybeast Avatar ($0.49)
    Okabu – Captain Monkfish Avatar ($0.49)
    Okabu – Doza Avatar ($0.49)
    Okabu – Kat Avatar ($0.49)
    Okabu – Kudu Avatar ($0.49)
    Okabu – Picolo Avatar ($0.49)
    Okabu – Roki Avatar ($0.49)
    Okabu – Uncle Monkfish Avatar ($0.49)
    Okabu – Yorubo Avatar ($0.49)
    Disgaea 4: Axel Avatar ($0.49)
    Disgaea 4: Desco Avatar ($0.49)
    Disgaea 4: Emizel Avatar ($0.49)
    Disgaea 4: Fenrich Avatar ($0.49)
    Disgaea 4: Flonne Avatar ($0.49)
    Disgaea 4: Fuka Avatar ($0.49)
    Disgaea 4: Valvatorez Avatar ($0.49)
    Disgaea 4: Vulcanus Avatar ($0.49)
    Saints Row The Third Logo And Genki Avatar Bundle ($2.99)
    Saints Row The Third Saints And Sinners Avatar Bundle ($2.99)

No real surprises aside from Worms Crazy Golf, s'far as I can tell, but it's not like this update really needed any surprise.

Oh, I guess there -is- a surprise, in that "CinemaNow" is now in the TV/Video services tab. First I've ever heard of it, so I'll just post the blurb from the post here.
    Also new to PlayStation Network this week is CinemaNow, an all new video service that further expands your video watching options on your PlayStation 3. CinemaNow gives you access to new releases movies and brings you TV episodes, many the day after they air. With over 15,000 movies and TV shows to choose from, you can rent movies in stunning HD complete with Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 surround sound; no subscription required! Grab it from the Store or in the My Channels section under the TV/Video Services XMB column.

It's a Best Buy-owned service, apparently! That's....about all I know.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    How does it compare to Vudu or whatever it is I have in my videos tab?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    PAL Update

PlayStation Plus new content

Alien Zombie Death (mini) – 100% discount for one week
    Age of Zombies (mini) – 100% discount for one week
    Dead Nation – 100% discount for one week
    Alien Zombie Mega Death – 50% discount for one week
    Burn Zombie Burn! – 50% discount for one week
    Zombie Apocalypse – 50% discount for one week
    infamous 2: Festival of Blood – 20% discount for one week

A range of additional Plus discounts across a number of Halloween Sale items including:

Additional 15% reduction on all TellTale Games Halloween Sale items
    Additional 30% off all EA Halloween Sale items
    Additional 10% off all Team 17 Halloween Sale items
    Additional 10% off SEGA Halloween Sale items
    Additional 20% off Atari Halloween Sale items

Special Offer Selection

PS3

Limbo (was £9.99/€12.99 – now £7.99/€9.99)
    Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse (was £19.99/€24.99 – now £9.99/€12.99)
    Prince of Persia Trilogy (was £31.99/€39.99 – now £15.99/€19.99)
    Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime (was £7.19/€8.99 – now £4.39/€5.49)
    Protoype (was £31.99/€39.99 – now £15.99/€19.99)

Offers ends on 9th November 2011

Full Games (PS3)

Battlefield 3 (£49.99/€69.99)
    (Available on Friday 28th October at 00:01 GMT)

Infamous 2 – Festival Of Blood (£7.99/€9.99) Rating

Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean The Videogame (£31.99/€39.99)

Pixeljunk Sidescroller (£6.29/€7.99)
    Availability: Not available in Australia or New Zealand

Ra One (£10.99/€13.99)

Demos (PS3)

Grease Dance
    Availability: Not available in India, Israel, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey and UAE

Ratchet & Clank All 4 One Multiplayer Demo

Full Games (PSP)

Soul Calibur : Broken Destiny + Tekken 6 Bundle (£23.99/€29.99)
    Availability: Not available in Germany

Exit 2 (Re-Convert) (£7.99/€9.99)

Minis (PS3 and PSP)

Open Emotion Studios Triple Pack (£2.49/€2.99)

Carnivores Bundle (£3.99/€4.99)

Bee Wars (£2.49/€2.99)
    Availability: Not available in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Russian Federation, Spain, Switzerland and Ukraine

PSone (PS3 and PSP)

Silent Hill (£5.49/€6.99)

Add-On Game Content (PS3)

Ace Combat Assault Horizon

Acah Dlc02 Asf-X [Magnificent Lightning Ii] (£4.79/€5.99)
    Acah Dlc02 F-14D [Halloween Pumpkin] (£2.39/€2.99)
    Acah Dlc02 F/A-18F [Red Devils] (£2.39/€2.99)
    Compatibility Pack 2 (Free)

Battlefield 3

Online Pass (£7.99/€9.99)

Castlevania: Harmony Of Dispair

Add-On Character ‘Simon Belmont’ (£1.59/€1.99)
    Add-On Level ‘Chapter 8′ The One Who Is Many (£3.19/€3.99)
    Availability: Not available in New Zealand

Disney Universe

Absoluem Costume (free)
    Daisy Costume (free)

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

CYBORG Skills Pack (£1.59/€1.99)

Dungeon Siege III

Treasures of the Sun (£7.99/€9.99)

Elevator Action Deluxe

Additional Character KIKIKAIKAI (free)

LittleBigPlanet

Halloween Mask (free)

LittleBigPlanet 2

Invizimals Costume Pack (£4.79/€5.99)
    (Includes the following content, also available separately)

Flameclaw Costume (£1.59/€1.99)
    Icelion Costume (£1.59/€1.99)
    Metalmutt Costume (£1.59/€1.99)
    Tiger Shark Costume (£1.59/€1.99)

MotoGP 10/11

GP Class 2011 Season Update (free)

MotorStorm Apocalypse

Halloween Livery Pack (free)

Rock Band Network

Caraphernelia – Pierce the Veil (£0.99/€1.49)
    Gymnopédie No. 1 – Thomas Walker (£0.59/€0.79)
    Moonlight Ride – Free Spirit (£0.99/€1.49)
    Very Busy People – The Limousines (£0.99/€1.49)
    Willow Of Tears – Amberian Dawn (£0.99/€1.49)

Availability: Not Available in Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, India, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Poland, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

Rock Band 3

I Believe In A Thing Called Love – The Darkness (£0.99/€1.49)
    Living Dead Girl – Rob Zombie (£0.99/€1.49)
    Super-Charger Heaven – White Zombie (£0.99/€1.49)
    Thunder Kiss ’65 – White Zombie (£0.99/€1.49)

Availability: Not Available in Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, India, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Poland, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

Soul Calibur IV

Full Weapon Set (£2.99/€3.59)

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

Match Pack 1 (£3.19/€3.99)

TNT Racers

Drift Package (£2.39/€2.99)
    Availability: Not available in South Africa

Two Worlds 2

Pirates Of The Flying Fortress – Multiplayer (£15.99/€19.99)
    Pirates Of The Flying Fortress – Single player (£23.99/€29.99)

Availability: Not available in New Zealand

Worms Crazy Golf

Carnival Course (free)

WRC 2 FIA World Rally Championship

WRC 2 Game Team (£0.79/€0.99)

Yoostar 2

Drag Race (£1.39/€1.75)
    Rocky Balboa – Tell Me About The Stuff Inside (£1.39/€1.75)
    Video Background – Fast Ride Through A Tunnel (£0.59/€0.75)
    Voodoo Economics (£1.39/€1.75)
    Some Like It Hot – Real Hot! (£1.39/€1.75)

Availability: Not Available in Belgium, India, Netherlands, Portugal, Russian Federation and Ukraine

So, PixelJunk Sidescroller is what I'll be buying today, this Festival of Blood thing might have to wait a while.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Festival of Blood sounds kind of dull. Is it basically just a new string of missions?

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Let me know what you think about SideScroller. I really loved Shooter, mostly for the awesome liquid physics, but the aesthetic of SS really turns me off. I wish they'd kept it the same as Shooter, which is how it was in the early trailers. Maybe I should get Shooter 2 instead...? But if it's really good, I'll get it. I do enjoy sidescrollers.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I too am interested to hear about Festival of Blood. Anyone pick it up?

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    I love me some Infamous but a standalone 3 gig game for what is essentially DLC? I mean, I like the idea of it being standalone because it could bring some new people into the series but I still think they could've offered it as both standalone for newbies and DLC for people that already own the full game and don't want to waste space and time downloading the entire thing.

I was also iffy on buying PixelJunk Sidescroller but I guess Sony/Q Games made my mind up for me when they didn't bother to release it in NZ. Thanks guys, you saved me some money.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Lucascraft wrote:

It's pretty average due to the length. 4 hours max and that's including a bunch of their own UGC content. No link up in any way with the main game so it's really a personal pref on how much that is worth to you.

EDIT: I love Infamous and got 20% off due to PS+ and I'm still not sure it was worth it.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Lenore03Lenore03 Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I was also iffy on buying PixelJunk Sidescroller but I guess Sony/Q Games made my mind up for me when they didn't bother to release it in NZ. Thanks guys, you saved me some money.

So wait. It is on the Europe PSN but not the NZ one? FFS. Was really looking forward to is too. Since Australia is in the same boat hopefully it's just a case of when and not if it'll make it to the store.

Also I started playing Shooter 2 again to get me in the mood for some Sidescroller. Still just as fun as always. IF anyone else wants a match just add me on PSN.

Lenore03 on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Adda wrote:
    Lucascraft wrote:

It's pretty average due to the length. 4 hours max and that's including a bunch of their own UGC content. No link up in any way with the main game so it's really a personal pref on how much that is worth to you.

EDIT: I love Infamous and got 20% off due to PS+ and I'm still not sure it was worth it.

Yeah, I dunno. I was pretty damn excited for it, and it didn't really live up to my expectations. They didn't push things as far as I would like. The new enemies are cool, and the story is entertaining enough, although a little too short. What really bummed me out is that Cole only gets one new power.

I guess I was expecting something as awesome as Undead Nightmare, considering that was also 10 bucks, but in the end that had waaay more content.

Oh well, I'm a little disappointed, but overall I'm glad I bought it.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    DeMoN wrote:
    Adda wrote:
    Lucascraft wrote:

Yeah, I dunno. I was pretty damn excited for it, and it didn't really live up to my expectations. They didn't push things as far as I would like. The new enemies are cool, and the story is entertaining enough, although a little too short. What really bummed me out is that Cole only gets one new power.

I guess I was expecting something as awesome as Undead Nightmare, considering that was also 10 bucks, but in the end that had waaay more content.

Oh well, I'm a little disappointed, but overall I'm glad I bought it.

I was reluctant to bring up Undead Nightmare as a comparison as I couldn't remember the cost but if it was the same then yeah this is underwhelming. Also I forgot to mention that it only covers one island, which might give people more of an impression of the limited content.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I didn't forget The Drop this week!
    Playstation Network

Pinballistik (PSN Exclusive) – Start the Pinballistik experience off with Circle the Wagons. Mosey on down to the saloon or pay a visit to the can-can dancers. Make sure to finish loading that revolver before your opponent, then take aim and FIRE! Pinball has never been this intense. Pinballistik will launch with day-one DLC tables Sector X and Made of Money. This lets you pick and choose the tables you want to download. Don’t worry about the price: each additional game pack is only $2.99.

Hydrophobia Prophecy (PS Move Compatible) – Hydrophobia: Prophecy is the ultimate version of this chilling action-adventure game set onboard a floating city. The game utilizes the revolutionary HydroEngine technology to place you inside the flooding lower decks of the Queen of the World. Flowing water behaves completely realistically, creating a chaotic, dangerous and ever-changing environment. Duck behind floating cover and unleash floating oil fires, electricity and the power of the water to wipe out the enemy, Use every tool at your disposal to survive and escape the rising waters and discover the terrifying truth of the Malthusian prophecy.

Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe – For the first time ever Scorpion, Sub Zero and the warriors from Midway’s billion-dollar fighting franchise face off against Batman, Superman and other iconic and powerful DC Super Heroes, featuring signature attacks for both sides and a unique and intertwining storyline, written as a collaboration between the Mortal Kombat creative team and top comic scribes Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray. Choose your side and challenge your opponents with a new fighting system including Freefall Kombat and Klose Kombat along with dynamic multi-tiered environments. Plus, pick your favorite character from MK or DCU and pursue a fighting adventure in the new single player mode with an intertwined storyline and two unique perspectives.

Hasbro Family Game Night – Hasbro Family Game Night is an a-la-carte release — gamers can download the main Hasbro Family Game Night application and then pick which one of the many Hasbro games they wish to download and play. The initial download is free, and users can play trial versions of the digital board games to help find the ones they want to buy.

Max & The Magic Marker (Demo Available) – Max & the Magic Marker is a physics based 2D platform game, in which the player controls the boy Max and his Magic Marker. While Max enables good old platforming fun, the marker pro­vides the game’s signature feature: the ability for the player to draw directly inside the game world where everything drawn becomes physical objects. This feature is used to complete levels and overcome challenges but it also provides the player with a unique tool that in itself is fun to play around with.

Demos

Medieval Moves: Deadmunds Quest
    Saints Row: The Third (Initiation Station)
    Happy Feet 2

PSone Japan Imports

Arcade Hits: Magical Drop
    Dezaemon Kids!

PS2 Classics

Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland – Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland takes the popular series in a whole new direction, offering a deeper and more robust role-playing experience. It might be best described as a ‘Life Simulation’.

Raiden III – Raiden III for PlayStation 2 is a port of the classic arcade shooter, complete with a stage select mode that lets you replay stages once you’ve cleared them. The series has transitioned from its 2D roots to 3D, creating lush environments, devastating explosions and countless enemies, without a drop in frame-rate. Two players can play together to push back the invading forces, just like in the arcade!

Bloodrayne – As the vampiric agent BloodRayne, you’ll travel through the eerie swamps of Louisiana, to Argentina and Germany in this battle-heavy, third-person thriller. The game features non-linear gameplay in more than 40 levels and three massive worlds, the ability to suck blood for health, and to use slow-motion, zoom and aura visions to aid in death dealing. Pull off fantastic acrobatic moves to bend the environment to your will and dispatch enemies with BloodRayne’s blades and kicks for awesome in-your-face combat.

minis

Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain

So, this week sees the release of Hydrophobia Prophecy, which has been on XBLA for..just over a year and was only kind of well-received. Anyone played it that could shed a little light on whether it's worth a look or not?

Also this week is the return of the PS2 classics. But, well...well, you see the titles. I know -zero- about Raiden III, but I didn't care much for Save the Homeland; I play Harvest Moon to dick around, raise animals and get to know the characters, not make the best farm in a time limit and make everybody in the village happy. And I'm pretty sure the consensus is that the recently released Bloodrayne Betrayal outclasses BloodRayne by a wide margin. But it may be a YMMV thing.

• Options
    raiden 3 is fun if youre into shmups, but its not particularly interesting if youre not a die hard shmup fan. ive got my original ps2 copy around somewhere, but eh.

• Options
    weird, i went to buy a psn card code off amazon and all the psn stuff is completely gone from the site. i can stop by a store and buy a physical card tomorrow so whatever, but its odd that the entire section is gone from amazon. i wonder what happened?

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I can't speak to what Move adds to Hydrophobia, but it's clunky, the story is nonsense, and the underwater controls (which you'll be using a lot) are annoying. It looks good, but it's not a game that people should be playing.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote:
    Let me know what you think about SideScroller. I really loved Shooter, mostly for the awesome liquid physics, but the aesthetic of SS really turns me off. I wish they'd kept it the same as Shooter, which is how it was in the early trailers. Maybe I should get Shooter 2 instead...? But if it's really good, I'll get it. I do enjoy sidescrollers.

If you enjoyed Shooter, there is no reason you should hesitate on Shooter 2 (unless you found it frustratingly difficult.) Its basically an extensions to the campaign, with difficulty ramping up accordingly.

I will be grabbing SideScroller tonight. There is a GiantBomb Quicklook if you are interested in getting an impression of it.

XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    jclast wrote:
    I can't speak to what Move adds to Hydrophobia, but it's clunky, the story is nonsense, and the underwater controls (which you'll be using a lot) are annoying. It looks good, but it's not a game that people should be playing.

Plus the developers are kind of jerks.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/09/hydrophobia-developer-defends-game-attacks-critics.ars

• Options
    I will be grabbing SideScroller tonight. There is a GiantBomb Quicklook if you are interested in getting an impression of it.

im picking up a psn card tomorrow so i can grab sidescroller before the plus sale ends on it. im pretty excited for it personally, but im a big shmup guy.

• Options
    Sorry for the late post, but I've been having internet issues. Still, while it's up, here's The Update!
    Playstation Plus

Free PSN Games and DLC: Hydrophobia: Prophecy
    Free PSone Classics: Crash Bandicoot
    Crash Bandicoot 2
    Crash Bandicoot3: Warped
    CTR: Crash Team Racing
    Free Minis: Rumble Trucks
    Full Game Trials: MORTAL KOMBAT VS DC UNIVERSE DIGITAL
    Exclusive Discounts: Hasbro’s Family Game Night – 50% off Sale Price (PS+ Price: $10.00)
    Media: Qore Episode 42 – November Early Access
    Exclusive Avatar Bundle: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Avatar Bundle 1

Updates

Dragon Age: Origins Digital (Price Change) (PS3) (now $19.99, original price $29.99)
    Hasbro Family Game Night (Price Change) (PS3) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
    Mass Effect 2 Digital (Price Change) (PS3) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
    Tiger Woods Pga Tour 12 Digital – Public Release (Price Change) (PS3) (now $39.99, original price $59.99)
    Superstars V8 Racing (Price Change) (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Under Siege (Price Change) (PS3) (now $13.99, original price $19.99)
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 – Digital (Price Change) (PS3) (now $14.99, original price $19.99)

-(PS3) Hydrophobia Prophecy ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Pinballistik ($3.99)
    -(PS3) Max & The Magic Marker – Gold Edition ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe Digital ($19.99)
    -(PS3) DC Universe Online Free-To-Play (free)
    -(PS3) Demos for Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest, Max & The Magic Marker, Saints Row: The Third Initiation Station, Happy Feet 2

-(PS2 Classics) Raiden III ($9.99)
    -(PS2 Classics) Bloodrayne ($9.99)
    -(PS2 Classics) Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland ($9.99)

-(PSP) Fate/Extra ($24.99)

-(Minis) Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock Of Firetop Mountain ($4.99)

-(Soundtracks) UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Soundtrack ($9.99)
    -(Soundtracks) UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack ($5.99)
    -(Soundtracks) UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune Soundtrack ($5.99)

Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair Avatar Collection ($2.99)
    Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair Alucard Avatar ($0.49)
    Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair Charlotte Avatar ($0.49)
    Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair Jonathan Avatar ($0.49)
    Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair Julius Avatar ($0.49)
    Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair Maria Avatar ($0.49)
    Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair Richter Avatar ($0.49)
    Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair Shanoa Avatar ($0.49)
    Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair Simon Avatar ($0.49)
    Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair Soma Avatar ($0.49)
    Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair Yoko Avatar ($0.49)
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Felyne Acorn Armor Avatar ($0.49)
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Felyne Fighter Avatar ($0.49)
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Hunter Avatar ($0.49)
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Kirin Armor Avatar ($0.49)
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Kut-Ku Avatar ($0.49)
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Nargacuga Avatar ($0.49)
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Poogie Memorial Stripe Avatar ($0.49)
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Rathalos Avatar ($0.49)
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Rathalos Azure Avatar ($0.49)
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Tigrex Avatar ($0.49)

Pretty much everything we expected here. You'll notice that my update list here lacks the PSOne Imports; I'm not sure if that's because it's not in the update or because it's just not in the post. Some clarification from someone on that would be nice, please?

Also of note, which I completely overlooked when I posted the Drop is that we have the Saint's Row the Third Initiation Station. Couple questions for someone who might know more than me: A) This is basically just the character creator released early for people to play around with, right? B) Did they do this with Saint's Row 2? I seem to remember something like this, but maybe I'm confusing it with another game. C) Is it just for people to get an early fix, or do you get something for getting it and playing around with it? Like a cosmetic unlock in the full game or something. I doubt it, but it's likely something to talk about.

• Options
    hydrophobia is free to ps+ users. so... worth it for free? anyone?

• Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/11/01/playstation-store-update-211/

PlayStation Plus
    Free PSN Games:
    (PS3) Hydrophobia: Prophecy
    (PSone) Crash Bandicoot (1,2,3, & CTR) [ed. note: yes all four]
    (minis) Rumble Trucks

Full Game Trials: MKvDC
    Exclusive Discounts: Hasbro’s Family Game Night – 50% off ($10)
    Media: Qore Episode 42 – November Early Access
    Exclusive Avatar Bundle: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Avatar Bundle 1

New Releases
    (PS3) Hydrophobia Prophecy ($10), 1.77 GB
    (PS3) Pinballistik ($4), 313 MB
    (PS3) Max & The Magic Marker – Gold Edition ($10), 241 MB
    (PS3) Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe Digital ($20), 5.8 GB
    (PS3) DC Universe Online Free-To-Play (free), 122 MB

(PStwo) Raiden III ($10), 737 MB
    (PStwo) Bloodrayne ($10), 1.23 GB
    (PStwo) Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland ($10), 111 MB

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Soundtrack ($10)
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack ($6)
    UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune Soundtrack ($6)

(PSP) Fate/Extra ($25), 1.1 GB
    (minis) Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock Of Firetop Mountain ($5), 28 MB

Demos
    Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest Demo, 1.96 GB
    Max & The Magic Marker – Gold Edition Trial, 241 MB
    Saints Row: The Third Initiation Station Demo, 754 MB
    Happy Feet 2 Demo, 1.05 GB

DLC
    DC Universe Online - Fight For The Light ($10), N/A
    MotorStorm: Apocalypse - Halloween Livery (free), 100 KB
    UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception - Various Add-ons (x31) ($0.50 – $10 each), 555KB – 139MB
    Everybody Dance - Pack 1 ($9), 1.25 GB
    LittleBigPlanet 2 - Uncharted 3 Drake Costume SOCOM 4: ($2), 110 KB
    SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs - Evac Co-Op Pack ($8), 1.33 GB
    Batman Arkham City – Nightwing Bundle ($7), 95 MB
    Dead Rising 2: Off The Record - BBQ Chef Skills Pack ($2), 4.16 MB
    Pinballistik - Made Of Money ($3), 1.76 MB
    Pinballistik - Sector X ($3), 1.76 MB
    Rocksmith – Assorted Songs ($3 - $5), 3.05MB - 5.43MB
    Cars 2 - Various Add-ons (x10) ($1 – $3), 13MB – 159MB
    EA Sports Season Ticket – Time Based (12 Months) ($25 each), N/A
    Worms Crazy Golf - Carnival Course (free), 202 KB
    Rock Band 3 + RBN - Assorted Songs ($1 - $2), 2.9 MB – 50 MB (singles) 72 MB (Pack)

Updates
    (PS3) Dragon Age: Origins - Price Change ($30 -> $20)
    (PS3) Hasbro Family Game Night - Price Change ($40 -> $20)
    (PS3) Mass Effect 2 Digital - Price Change ($40 -> $20)
    (PS3) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 - Price Change ($60 -> $40)
    (PS3) Superstars V8 Racing - Price Change ($10 -> $5)
    (PS3) Under Siege - Price Change ($20 -> $14)
    (PS3 [ed. note I assume this is wrong]) Phantasy Star Portable 2 – Price Change ($20 -> $15)

Geez this week's update was humungous. Makes me wonder how publishers do such a terrible job of spreading out content to ensure games come out on a regular basis...

SkyEye on
    Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    Of course the update's already there. Of course. At least I can now appreciate @Darth_Mogs, these take forever to format the way you like

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Fate/Extra! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~

I'm the only Type-Moon fanboy that cares... right?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    SkyEye wrote:
    Of course the update's already there. Of course. At least I can now appreciate @Darth_Mogs, these take forever to format the way you like

Glad to know someone has my back (or the thread's back), at least, if something happens!

And yeah, that PSP2 thing is a typo (on their part) and one I missed, so thanks for pointing it out!

• Options
    PAL Playstation Plus update:

PlayStation Plus Content

Hydrophobia: Prophecy (PSN) – 100% discount until 7th December

Rumble Trucks (mini) – 100% discount until 7th December, exclusive until 16th November

Where is my Heart (mini) – 100% discount until 7th December, exclusive until 16th November

Crash Bandicoot (PSone) – 100% discount until 7th December

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (PSone) – 100% discount until 7th December

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (PSone) – 100% discount until 7th December

Crash Team Racing (PSone) – 100% discount until 7th December

Tales from Space: About a Blob – 70% discount until 7th December

Hard Corps: Uprising – 50% discount until 7th December

I Am Alive! (Dynamic Theme) – Exclusive and 100% discount until 7th December

Start the Party! Save the World (DynamicTheme) – Exclusive and 100% discount until 2nd November

Bulldog Avatar – Exclusive and 100% discount until 7th December

Eagle Avatar – Exclusive and 100% discount until 7th December

Panda Avatar – Exclusive and 100% discount until 7th December

Shark Avatar – Exclusive and 100% discount until 7th December

Wolf Avatar – Exclusive and 100% discount until 7th December

That all seems quite good.

Also, the Jurassic Park: The Game/Plus subscription offer that's running on the US store will be making it's way to the rest of us at some point in the future.

• Options
    Just found out about that jurassic park offer, doesn't help those who jumped on plus straight away as we have already renewed with no bonus.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Ok so, here's the main PAL store update.
    Special Offer Selection

Limbo (was £9.99/€12.99 – now £7.99/€9.99)
    Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse (was £19.99/€24.99 – now £9.99/€12.99)
    Prince of Persia Trilogy (was £31.99/€39.99 – now £15.99/€19.99)
    Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime (was £7.19/€8.99 – now £4.39/€5.49)
    Protoype (was £31.99/€39.99 – now £15.99/€19.99)

Offers ends on 9th November 2011

Full Games (PS3)

Cars 2 (£31.99/€39.99)
    Availability: Not available in Denmark, Finland, Norway, Poland, Russian Federation, Sweden, Turkey and Ukraine

Hydrophobia Prophecy (£6.29/€7.99)

Payday: The Heist (£12.99/€16.99)

Toy Story 3 (£23.99/€29.99)

Demos (PS3)

Disney Universe

Saints Row: The Third Initiation Station

Happy Feet 2
    Availability: Not available in Russian Federation and Ukraine

Full Games (PSP)

Geronimo Stilton in the Kingdom of Fantasy (£11.99/€16.99)
    Availability: Not available in Austria or Germany

PSone (PS3 and PSP)

GaiaSeed (£3.99/€4.99)

Add-On Game Content (PS3)

Batman Arkham City
    Nightwing Bundle Pack (£5.49/€6.99)

Cars 2

Boost (£0.79/€0.99)
    Chick Hicks (£0.79/€0.99)
    Dj (£0.79/€0.99)
    Flo (£0.79/€0.99)
    Ramone (£0.79/€0.99)
    Sherriff (£0.79/€0.99)
    Snotrod (£0.79/€0.99)
    Wingo (£0.79/€0.99)
    Road Hazards Pack Bundle (£2.39/€2.99)
    Radiator Springs Pack (£2.39/€2.99)

Availability: Not available in Denmark, Finland, Norway, Poland, Russian Federation, Sweden, Turkey and Ukraine

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record
    Skill Pack: BBQ Chef (£1.59/€1.99)

Eyepet
    Lucky Dip Styling Pack – Headwear 2 (free)

LittleBigPlanet
    Birthday Cake Costume (free)
    Available for 1 week only!

LittleBigPlanet 2
    Uncharted 3 Drake Costume (£1.59/€1.99)

MotorStorm Apocalypse
    Day of the Dead Livery Pack (free)

Rock Band Network

Better Life – Conditions (£0.99/€1.49)
    Madness – Myrath (£0.99/€1.49)
    Scissors – Emery (£0.99/€1.49)
    Toast (Live) – Heywood Banks (£0.59/€0.79)
    You Only Live Once – Suicide Silence (£0.99/€1.49)

Rock Band 3

Breaking Benjamin Pack 02 (£2.49/€3.99)

(Includes the following songs, also available separately)

Breath – Breaking Benjamin (£0.99/€1.49)
    Sooner Or Later – Breaking Benjamin (£0.99/€1.49)
    Until The End – Breaking Benjamin (£0.99/€1.49)

Viva La Vida – Coldplay (£0.99/€1.49)

Forever – Papa Roach (£0.99/€1.49)

SOCOM: Special Forces
    Co-op Evac Pack (£3.99/€4.99)

WRC 2 FIA World Rally Championship

Game Station (£0.79/€0.99)
    Gamestop (free)
    Micromania (free)
    Saturn (free)

Uncharted 3
    Network Pass (£7.99/€9.99)

Kinda interested to see what that Saint's Row thing is.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Hydrophobia is OK. That's it. It's not shit, it's not amazing. It simply exists as a game that doesn't do anything really special at all. If you have the free time and no other games worth playing, give it a shot. That is really the only reason you should. I think I paid $2.50 for it on Steam and wasn't angry about that, but glad I didn't pay more.

• Options
    Just because I haven't said it in a while and have started feeling bad about not saying it, so many thanks to @Diarmuid for always posting the PAL updates and keeping us updated on PAL's PS+ stuff. It's really appreciated, man.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    You both do a great job. Thanks for putting the updates together.

Regarding SideScroller: I think it looks good, I loved Shooter, and I enjoy shmups, so I'll get it soon. I really want to get Shooter2, but my concern is that I obsess over trophies in downloadable games and Shooter turned into a meticulous chore of a treasure hunt after I had blown through the game once. Haven't picked up 2 for the same reason I haven't picked up inFamous 2.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/11/04/upcoming-change-to-playstation-3-and-psp-game-content-on-playstation-network/

Cross posting this from the industry thread but Sony are lowering the number of activated devices for PSN content from 5 down to 2.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    You don't get much chance to deactivate a PS3 when it YLOD's. I don't like this.

Diarmuid on