As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battlefield 3: Karkand is out and awesome. Join us in Mumble- Details in OP

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Yeah, this new bug where it throws you into single player is just fucking precious.

• Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    I have had that bug for awhile now. It's pretty silly.

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    [url][/url]
    emp123 wrote:
    So if I die 10 times, I can lay 60 mines? I dont know if my brain can grasp the minefields I must lay.
    Actually you don't have to die even. Just have a support nearby and lay as many as you want.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Apostate wrote:
    [url][/url]
    emp123 wrote:
    So if I die 10 times, I can lay 60 mines? I dont know if my brain can grasp the minefields I must lay.
    Actually you don't have to die even. Just have a support nearby and lay as many as you want.

My god.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Apostate wrote:
    [url][/url]
    emp123 wrote:

this is not true. I've tried this and previous ones will start disappearing as you lay past your max count.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Maybe you could kill yourself and get revived?

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Since we're on the topic of minefields:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sYfXorGbnI

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote:
    Apostate wrote:
    [url][/url]
    emp123 wrote:

this is not true. I've tried this and previous ones will start disappearing as you lay past your max count.

I've not yet encountered this max. I seeded a Firestorm rush with over thirty mines without any issue. I was using a giddy support who got 24 supply ribbons that match.

I read on the most reliable of sources Wikipedia that they're unlimited. I've yet to find any evidence otherwise.

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Mulletude wrote:
    Apostate wrote:
    [url][/url]
    emp123 wrote:

I've not yet encountered this max. I seeded a Firestorm rush with over thirty mines without any issue. I was using a giddy support who got 24 supply ribbons that match.

I read on the most reliable of sources Wikipedia that they're unlimited. I've yet to find any evidence otherwise.

They're unlimited, but you have to die between laying them. In one life, you can only lay six. Once you lay the seventh, the sixth disappears. Now, I'm not sure how dying and then being razzes affects this, so maybe that was what happened in your case.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    TOGSolid wrote:
    Since we're on the topic of minefields:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sYfXorGbnI

That's actually really pretty the way the explosions rush towards the center.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    BrymBrym Registered User regular
    Anyone else run into this asshole move?

I was playing rush on Damavand and spawned in the little bird at the start of the round. Shortly after I took off, I heard a big explosion and was suddenly on fire. I realized that one of my passengers had managed to hit me from the inside with his RPG (although FF was off, you can still damage your own vehicle, which it technically was since he was a passenger). I thought he was just being dumb, so I landed and hopped out to repair. As soon as I did, he took the drivers' seat and took off. Apparently it was a ploy to steal the chopper all along.

They definitely need to fix that shit.

• Options
    Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    I've had people take off in tanks I was out to repair before, but that's downright devious.

Now that all the guns are unlocked, I feel kinda empty. I'll play, have one match where I do well, and then just feel satisfied and not want to play anymore. :? The Karkand challenges don't exactly look difficult either, something like 20 kills and 2 mortar kills for one of the support guns, for example. Gonna have to relearn how to just play for fun without looking forward to any unlocks.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Mulletude wrote:
    Apostate wrote:
    [url][/url]
    emp123 wrote:

I meant to say in one life...I've seeded areas with dozens of them that don't disappear. Just appears to be 6 per life though.

I do play on the 360 though. So maybe PC and consoles have different restrictions.

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    I really dig the burst-fire M4 and M16A4. They just feel good, like I could take them into any situation and feel capable, just short of very-long range.

Better players probably could get better use out of the full auto versions, but as a terrible shot, burst-fire fuck yes.

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Mulletude wrote:
    Mulletude wrote:
    Apostate wrote:
    [url][/url]
    emp123 wrote:

I meant to say in one life...I've seeded areas with dozens of them that don't disappear. Just appears to be 6 per life though.

I do play on the 360 though. So maybe PC and consoles have different restrictions.

I'd have to re-test it but i'm fairly certain i laid six out one time then got a resupply and watched my first mine placed despawn... so i'm pretty sure its six per life, unlimited mines though... on the PC, that is.

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    SkexisSkexis Registered User regular
    Brym wrote:

I was playing rush on Damavand and spawned in the little bird at the start of the round. Shortly after I took off, I heard a big explosion and was suddenly on fire. I realized that one of my passengers had managed to hit me from the inside with his RPG (although FF was off, you can still damage your own vehicle, which it technically was since he was a passenger). I thought he was just being dumb, so I landed and hopped out to repair. As soon as I did, he took the drivers' seat and took off. Apparently it was a ploy to steal the chopper all along.

Team schenanigans are always a pain. Yesterday I had a friendly tank shoot a chopper out from in front of me as I got out to repair it. It's even worse when the admin starts using his powers for evil, though, as I learned today. :(
    A friend and I got slayed by an admin on the opposite team while we teamed up in the soviet chopper... As soon as we were dead, two other guys jumped in. Needless to say, we thought it was pretty convenient. We weren't spawn camping or anything...just paired my friend's extinguisher and stealth with my flares and gunning, and we went something like 13-0 before he slayed us. Then he killed me again and teamswitched me to make sure we couldn't pair up again.

I mean, this game punishes you enough as it is...I don't think we need someone setting off a "doing too well" alarm.

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Skexis wrote:
    Brym wrote:

Team schenanigans are always a pain. Yesterday I had a friendly tank shoot a chopper out from in front of me as I got out to repair it. It's even worse when the admin starts using his powers for evil, though, as I learned today. :(
    A friend and I got slayed by an admin on the opposite team while we teamed up in the soviet chopper... As soon as we were dead, two other guys jumped in. Needless to say, we thought it was pretty convenient. We weren't spawn camping or anything...just paired my friend's extinguisher and stealth with my flares and gunning, and we went something like 13-0 before he slayed us. Then he killed me again and teamswitched me to make sure we couldn't pair up again.

I mean, this game punishes you enough as it is...I don't think we need someone setting off a "doing too well" alarm.

I just got kicked from a server for being "too good".

All I would do is take a vehicle drive to the mcom and arm it and kill people that tried to disarm it. should I let them disarm it to make them feel better? wtf.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Just had the dumbest server experience.

There we are, we've just finished a couple of good 32 man rounds on Kharg Island conquest when the game mode changes and we're thrown into squad rush.

32 players in a mode designed for 4v4 with 24 tickets for the attackers. The matches were over in 3 minutes flat, the attackers never got close. I just ran around with the paddles getting as many points as possible.

Then, mode changes back to conquest but because the game preserves the squad you are in from round to round all 16 of us were in the one squad for the entirety of the match. There were so many people to spawn on you couldn't actually spawn at a specific flag point because the list was too long to display.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    AiserouAiserou Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    HAHAHAHA, that trailer ends with someone using a stinger to shoot down an aircraft.

That's rich.

Also I'm really looking forward to jets being able to fly even slower. Because that's what the game needs, more mobile rocket pod turrets of death.

Edit: Construction Loader with Bucket Mounted Engineer for Best Combat Vehicle of 2011,2012, and all years there-after.

Aiserou on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    After a brief hiatus, I have returned to this game only to find:

1. The PA servers are mostly empty now?
    2. Far, far too many people abuse the USAS now.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular

Yeah, Skyrim happened. Most people will be back for Karkand.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options

We still get >8 people every night in vent.

And we don't approve of DERPSASsing when we can enforce it.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I don't really use the USAS all that often, but if you guys are rocking your F2000/AEK's (probably with an IRNV scope thrown in), I'll be using my USAS whenever I damn well please.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Comparing the F2000 to the DERPSAS is like retaliating to a peaceful protest against docile, unarmed people with rubber bullets and tear gas.

You are the Oakland police.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Well I joined one of those infamous 64 player metro conquest games again (gotta unlock those shotgun attachments somehow) and boy oh boy, people abuse the shit out of it.

Which is kind of ironic: There are server "rules" in place that anyone spamming grenades/RPGs/320's get warned and kicked (side note, I lofted a grenade into a group of camped out enemies and killed 7 of them at once. The server has a rule that if you kill more than 7 people in a round with a grenade, you get kicked, so yeah...). There are even rules to discourage people from using sniper rifles there too. But no issues with frag shells, nope. Which I have to admit, is really fun even with the M104 + extended mags.

Question though: Why does the DAO have such limited ammo capacity? Even with the ammo perk? That a bug or something?

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Managed to grab a few games on Sunday and while my team consistently lost, I still really enjoy playing a team game rather than K/D Superstar! If Leitner's skimming through, I may be available this coming friday night (yeah, it's only monday but that's how I roll) and through the weekend. We shall squad up, yo. Anyone else on 360 who's already on my friends list, feel free to mark up your calendars.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular

I blows my mind that interest in BF3 dried up so quick here. We spent a good couple of hours last night trying to fill up the Dome before giving up. I hate to say this, but I think the really good players might have scared off a lot of the not-so-good players. Sure Skyrim happened, but these are 2 totally different kinds of games. I really hope that Karkand brings people back.

FYI. I am going to be going though the member list on the 101st today and kicking people who don't play. If you have less than 5 hours of play time and are in the 101st you will be booted. Feel free to apply again if you find you are playing this game again.

• Options
    Because a shotgun with such high capacity should have some pretty serious limitations. I mean, come on, if they made a shotgun with similar capacity, a higher fire rate, and more overall ammo, in addition to a much quicker reload speed, that would be obnoxious.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Brym wrote:

I've watched a dude rocket a tank because he wasn't going to win the race to the driver's seat. The other guy took off in the smoking tank, while rocketman got in another.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote:

I blows my mind that interest in BF3 dried up so quick here. We spent a good couple of hours last night trying to fill up the Dome before giving up. I hate to say this, but I think the really good players might have scared off a lot of the not-so-good players. Sure Skyrim happened, but these are 2 totally different kinds of games. I really hope that Karkand brings people back.

Maybe people have been travelling for the holidays; plus Steam just had a big sale, and I know the past few nights have been spent trying out new games for me.

But yeah, I kind of agree about the skill disparity. I know that team stacking is a touchy subject around here, but I think it exists. I'm not implying that it's intentional, but it's definitely there. And this is coming from someone who's played enough to have been on BOTH sides of it many times. It's simply not fun for me, no matter which side I happen to be on at the time.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote:

Maybe people have been travelling for the holidays; plus Steam just had a big sale, and I know the past few nights have been spent trying out new games for me.

But yeah, I kind of agree about the skill disparity. I know that team stacking is a touchy subject around here, but I think it exists. I'm not implying that it's intentional, but it's definitely there. And this is coming from someone who's played enough to have been on BOTH sides of it many times. It's simply not fun for me, no matter which side I happen to be on at the time.

I play on PA servers a lot less lately for this very reason.

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    That_Guy wrote:

FYI. I am going to be going though the member list on the 101st today and kicking people who don't play. If you have less than 5 hours of play time and are in the 101st you will be booted. Feel free to apply again if you find you are playing this game again.

Skyrim is probably part of the problem, but it's not solely to blame. During launch week the server was constantly populated with pubbies and PA'ers would hop on the server and slowly replace the pubbies. Now whenever I jump on Battlelog I'll see a handful of PA'ers on separate servers and an empty Dome and Chamber. The problem with maintaining a community is that it requires a minimum amount of people playing at any given time to remain active.

I'm definitely interested in playing this, even before Kirkland comes out, but I think we need to establish scheduled times during the week to play in order to bring people back. We also need to ensure that the servers appear in the quickmatch list to get pubbies playing on the server again.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    I've been out because I've been killing dragons! Yay!

It is an old argument but I really would play more BF3 if it was integrated with steam because when I see my friends list light up with BF3 or TF2 I'm like cool time to give dudes free kills! I already regret bringing this up again, but it's how I feel.

• Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    For those with Nvidia cards that are having trouble with artifacting, there are new beta drivers up on Nvidia's site that are supposed to fix it.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Warcry wrote:
    For those with Nvidia cards that are having trouble with artifacting, there are new beta drivers up on Nvidia's site that are supposed to fix it.

Oh thank the gods!

• Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    I disappeared for Skyrim too.

Came back and was eager to check some of the changes/fixes that were made. IRNV and USAS are now pretty standard fare for most servers, since a lot of people have reached a high enough level. As someone predicted, the magnitude of the USAS problem wasn't really appreciated until enough people got high enough to unlock it.

I tried playing for an hour or so yesterday and hated it. Part of it was just shaking off cobwebs, part of it is the fact that BF3 suddenly runs choppier for me, part of it is that I couldn't play with PAbros and had to play with pubnuts.

I've hit a bit of a wall (same with Skyrim) where I just crave proper interaction with other people in my game; and neither of these games are scratching that itch. And I refuse to go back to COD like the battered wife to her husband just because all of my friends hang out with it.

• Options
    Yeah, the problem with the servers is that they aren't getting populated enough to attract pubs. Some of that is skyrim, some was stacking, some is holidays, and some might have been people looking for 64 player games.

I guess we'll see what happens in a few week, if it comes back.

I may try to get into vent tonight, and be social. I just haven't had much time lately.

• Options
    Here's hoping a half-off sale helps. Speaking of which, might want to throw that in the thread title for the day.

• Options
    BrymBrym Registered User regular
    Brym wrote:

I've watched a dude rocket a tank because he wasn't going to win the race to the driver's seat. The other guy took off in the smoking tank, while rocketman got in another.

The reason this was so aggravating though is that this guy clearly uses this exploit to get the chopper every round. Anyone could do so if they're just willing to be an ass. I could have just refused to repair the chopper and then if I lost the race to the driver's seat when it respawned, I could have rocketed him from the passenger's seat. It's a no-win situation and needs to be fixed, especially because there's no legit reason to allow self-damage from within a helicopter. (Unlike rocketing unoccupied vehicles, which can occasionally serve a legit purpose).