As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] [CHAT] Thread. Female Panderen Revealed. Yiffing already?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well Blood was the best dps spec in wrath and then they thought to fix the awful tanking they had by making it the tank spec

But then I have created death knights to find a way to play blood and not be a tank quite tricky

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote:
    Panda invasion world event?

Elemental Zombie Plague Demon Panda Invasion Spectacular!

Coming in Patch 4.4. Maybe.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Brainleech wrote:
    Well Blood was the best dps spec in wrath and then they thought to fix the awful tanking they had by making it the tank spec

But then I have created death knights to find a way to play blood and not be a tank quite tricky

Unholy was the best DPS spec in Wrath. Although all three specs were pretty close, really. Blood tanks in Wrath were far from awful, they were great. Just because-- Yknow, why am I even bothering. There's no point in replying to your posts.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    A bit odd. Going through old alts not played in years to get them all their Winter Veil sweaters, and then this:

2d6As.jpg

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote:
    A bit odd. Going through old alts not played in years to get them all their Winter Veil sweaters, and then this:

2d6As.jpg

Just guessing, but my bet here would be that the achievement was triggered on quest completion, so the first one triggered at 99 quests, and the second quest put you at 100 triggering the second.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Oh night before raid/VP resets...you bring out all the terribads.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options

Well it's my weekend and I end up with eltiest geese as tanks and healers then when i que as a tank or healer it's a horror story

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Hold on, when is the panda pack supposed to be out? Q2 '12? That seems fairly early. Hasn't the standard for xpacks been about 2 years between? Though I suppose Cataclysm was sort of a half-assed xpack anyway.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    I really would say 4Q of next year is a really early bet for it but then who knows because I think they want everyone to forget cataclysm

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    It'll be no later than Q2 2012 unless something really gets blundered on their end between now and then. From what they showed at Blizzcon they've already made a lot of progress on it, far more than they have for past expansions at the time of announcement. I expect we'll see a beta announcement sometime in February or March.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    This is awesome. I'm sitting near the Greench on my Arms Warrior with two priests, all three of us just staring at the boss because neither of the priests are "heal specced" and thus are incapable of healing me to take the fucking mob down.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    His melee attacks hit like a wet noodle, and his 2 hard hitting specials are both avoidable (just move a bit). I soloed him on my rogue the other day, it just took a while.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    I would be surprised if it was much later than Q2. Dragon Soul is "done" for hardcores in terms of the race, LFR is pretty easy to exhaust (in the sense of getting most of the 384 gear you want) even for casual players. While you could conceivably be a casual capping VP for all the 397 items in the vendor for quite a few more weeks, we're pretty much in that autopilot deadzone where people tend to fade away until the next expac.

It'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out (and to see how that "other game" holds up in the meantime and during).

Still not sure about all these here pandas, but it'll probably be enough for me to drop another few bucks to re-up and see it.

• Options
    He hits me between 11 and 15k per swat. I haven't found a way to outheal that on an Arms warrior on my own. The only one of my characters I've been able to reliably solo him on is my hunter thanks to Mend Pet, but even the warlock's piddly health funnel doesn't do nearly enough to outheal those hits. The specials are easily avoided though, that's true.

• Options

I got kicked from an LFR after pointing out to a mage from Mal'ganis (yeah, big surprise there) that Ultraxion is not an aggro fight, it's a tank swap fight and if a tank fails to taunt after Fading Light then a DPS is getting swatted.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Don't know about your battle group but on mine LFR has degenerated into either 20 people trying to lead the raid via various different strats or people being quiet with a single guy using RWs but erupting in arguments as soon as anyone does anything even remotely wrong. My conpletion % is increasing but the overall experience is the same as LFD. People Roll on EVERYTHING they can. I have seen many people with better gear rolling on items out of LFR.

Got into a LFR on Loot ship last night where they we booting low dps and healing. I didn't have the meters but they were not being nice about it. Downed ship and as always someone starts spine before loot is done. I skip the cinematic and I am one of the first dps to land and start on a tentacle. Well for some reason the LFR Leader, I refuse to call them raid leaders, marks a different tentacle even though the one I'm on is already at 10%. Then the RWs come out calling me a noob etc. nowhere in the chat log was there a selected tentacle the dumbass just decided to not pick the one the DPS were on for some reason. This has happened several times. These LFR Leaders don't pick a target before hand and tell everyone they just pick one at random it seems when they land.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    Had another souldrinker lost to a ret pally in LFR, bleh.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Now's probably the best time (if you're not a tank) to get your White Hawkstrider/Raven Lord/Blue Protodrake/Attunesmen's Mount/whatever since MoP's stat squash will make those harder to solo/duo.

I'm assuming the stat squash won't be so severe as to make the Baron's mount unsoloable though, as they'd have to squash pretty damn hard to accomplish that.

• Options
    It's dumb they are doing that because people are farming it for the mount and little else

Or it could be because people are 5 manning Black Temple

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well the stat squash still isn't a "for sure" thing that's gonna happen. It's gonna be a big deal and they can go at least one more xpack with zomgheug numbers without it being too bad. I wouldn't be surprised if they just put off fixing stat inflation till the xpack after MoP and try not to rock the boat too much. And they've said they're not sold on it being the best answer and haven't made any firm decisions.

They're still dealing with the backlash of making Cata "too hard" and if they go into MoP with a visual nerf, which is enough to convince the masses playing that it was an actual nerf, they're just setting up themselves for another shitstorm.

Even though, overall, the squash is probably the best long-term solution to the corner they've backed themselves into, they're gonna need to do it in a very subtle way because there's not any real way for them to adequately communicate to the paying bads the reality of the changes, and for most people it will just feel like nerfs of epic proportions. Even if shit is dying at the same rate people are just too used to seeing big numbers pop up over the enemies.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Wren wrote:
    so whats blizzards plan between now and mists of pandaria? doesn't seem like the hour of twilight stuff is going to stay interesting until Q2 of 2012
    wat
    LFR is pretty easy to exhaust (in the sense of getting most of the 384 gear you want) even for casual players.
    wat

• Options
    Yes I would like to be in these mythical LFR's that you can get most of the 384 gear you want. That would be rad.

• Options
    JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    forty wrote:
    LFR is pretty easy to exhaust (in the sense of getting most of the 384 gear you want) even for casual players.

wat

In a "regular" raid (with the same folks on a regular basis) you could be assured that -eventually- something is going to drop that you want and that you will get it. Not so with LFR unless you stack it with people you know. Twenty-four other, different' people each time. People that will invariably roll on gear that they can roll on even if they have said gear.

I have yet to win any gear/tokens from LFR across three different 85s. And honestly I don't expect to either, which is kinda sad.

Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • Options
    My DK is still using all of the exact same tank gear that he had at the end of 4.2, and I have killed every available RF boss every week so far (besides this week's reset). Granted, I could probably replace his 359 Burger King helmet in the 5-mans if I ran the right one every day, but fuck that noise.

• Options
    I have zero luck with tank gear in LFD on any of my tanks for some bizarre reason. Both my Warrior and Pally have all but 2 pieces of the DPS LFD gear "sets", but across all 3 plate tanks I have five LFD items.

That's not to say more hasn't dropped. Just that DPS have won them. However, very very few tank things have dropped.

It's really weird. I have the same issue with non-spirit cloth drops for my casters. And agi leather. I have all but 3 items for resto on my druid at 378 from LFD and he's gotten a total of two agi pieces.

Stupid bad luck.

• Options
    It pisses me off so much when I see someone with a Deathwing weapon in PvP. Fuck you, buddy.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    forty wrote:

wat

In a "regular" raid (with the same folks on a regular basis) you could be assured that -eventually- something is going to drop that you want and that you will get it. Not so with LFR unless you stack it with people you know. Twenty-four other, different' people each time. People that will invariably roll on gear that they can roll on even if they have said gear.

I have yet to win any gear/tokens from LFR across three different 85s. And honestly I don't expect to either, which is kinda sad.

I guess I vastly underestimated the amount of dickery and back luck people are experiencing.

• Options
    A full clear of RF DS sees 32 items drop. There are 25 players in the raid. At best, individual players can hope to average slightly more than one item per week. Factor in that once you have more pieces, fewer drops are actually useful for you, and the chances of actually getting half your gear from RF become very small.

• Options
    CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    Same boat as forty, ran every LFR possible, yet to win a damn thing.

Saw a guy with 4/5 RF set once, so I know where all my lucks going.

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    We found a new healer for our team! Onto Heroic Dragon Soul!

Killed Deathwing 3 times now. 3x kijiri staff, 2x dragonmaw mace, 1x agi dagger. 3 kills have yielded us 3 usuable items, 2 shards, and an offspec item.

• Options
    To be fair, my druid has managed to snag 2 pieces of RF T13 for resto. It's just a shame that 2 piece bonus is so lame.

But then I saw three of the fucking worthless rogue daggers drop between my two Madness kills this week, and my rage level shot back up.

So is there any way to tell what role someone joined as? When you wipe and check the healing meters and see that only 4 people are healing, how do you tell which two dicks queued as healing and then apparently played as DPS?

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    The default raid frames show it forty.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Even though, overall, the squash is probably the best long-term solution to the corner they've backed themselves into, they're gonna need to do it in a very subtle way because there's not any real way for them to adequately communicate to the paying bads the reality of the changes, and for most people it will just feel like nerfs of epic proportions. Even if shit is dying at the same rate people are just too used to seeing big numbers pop up over the enemies.

The MoP intro cinematic is just a wise panda sage explaining to his panda students that the evil murloc still dies in five hits even though the imaginary numbers over his head are smaller now. With lots of visual aids and small words. Or maybe they'll replace Petey/Deathwing the Welcome Dragon on the Intro Screen with this so it can't be skipped and people that get the game on day one will have to watch it 328 times as they try to connect to a server.

Or just disable floating combat text until the user takes a correspondence course.
    I actually completely expect everyone's floating combat text to be toggled off if the squash happens, with the hope that anyone who immediately recognizes that it's off and turns it back on will know what happened.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Jubal77 wrote:
    The default raid frames show it forty.
    Oh, that explains it. I don't use them. :/

Lars wrote:

The MoP intro cinematic is just a wise panda sage explaining to his panda students that the evil murloc still dies in five hits even though the imaginary numbers over his head are smaller now. With lots of visual aids and small words. Or maybe they'll replace Petey/Deathwing the Welcome Dragon on the Intro Screen with this so it can't be skipped and people that get the game on day one will have to watch it 328 times as they try to connect to a server.

Or just disable floating combat text until the user takes a correspondence course.
    I actually completely expect everyone's floating combat text to be toggled off if the squash happens, with the hope that anyone who immediately recognizes that it's off and turns it back on will know what happened.
    There's far more than just that, though. The geese will see that they now have 1/4 (or whatever) the health and mana they used to, or that their 900 DPS weapon with 500 strength now has 300 DPS and 200 strength, etc.

Either way, Blizzard has a real mess on their hands with this issue when they decide to pull the trigger.

forty on
  • Options
    Many of the more up to date healthbar mods do too.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Did the constant raid disconnections from last week get fixed since then?

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think they fixed that the day after it started happening.

In unrelated news, I just discovered I accidentally bought, gemmed, and enchanted the VP cloth boots for my boomkin two weeks ago, something only possible due to them both having identical stats and gem slots. Now I need to get enough VP to buy the correct boots (not possible till next week) while going back into heroics to try for End Time and the boots from there. God I'm such an idiot.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    With the game being in stagnate state right now, you've got nothing but time.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    So happy, got a #1 ranking on World of Logs for an actual current-tier fight (Heroic Hagara). The best part is another person in my raid did on the same kill.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    Oh my gosh it's like fucking Christmas morning. Holy shit. I just got all three of those last night. Plus, my Hunter has three LFR tier pieces. As does my DK (plus one normal mode tier piece, for the 4p bonus).

Man, I have been lucky as hell with LFR.

DNiDlnb.png
This discussion has been closed.