As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] [CHAT] Thread. Female Panderen Revealed. Yiffing already?

• Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    what three do you use if you don't have focused as one? ascetic/loh/divine prot? I used to run with loh but the cooldown doesn't matter much to me and mana typically is of very little concern. I guess ascetic might be useful coming out of a brez. My majors just haven't really gotten changed much over time, other than focused shield when dps is of a huge need. I just don't like losing the bounce so when I don't have focused I throw dazing in instead... haven't really contemplated it too much. Maybe I will run with ascetic instead ... or cons since the reason I would not have it glyph'd would be for aoe.

Offhand on Warmaster [or overall], any clue what the dps loss is from using focused shield rather than a bouncing shield, considering you will have either one elite, two, two plus sapper, 3 elites up at a time?

ToddJewell on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I shift around actually. Usually I go focused/ascetic/holy wrath, and swap out holy wrath or ascetic for Divine Protection depending on the fight (at least, in current content).

I've actually considered swapping in glyph of HoJ (for the extra range) on the gunship fight in the past just to help out with sappers :P

EDIT: Just saw the question, I couldn't tell you really. Technically you should have the two (or more) adds together as much as possible, but sappers can be out of reach of the third bounce. I do keep the focused glyph on this fight, but hadn't paid much thought to unglyphing it. I might try that next week if I'm tanking.

Nobody on
  • Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    our dk's always go mortal kombat on the sapper and bring it into melee =)

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    bad news: due to attendance this week we went 10m
    good news: i got in the 10m group!
    lol news: wow, 10m heroic morchok is a joke compared to 25m
    bad news: only one melee dps gets to come to heroic warlord zon'ozz
    good news: i'm that melee
    bad news: if you're going to bring a melee to that fight bring one with mobility. in comes a warrior replacement for me
    good news: couple of hours later the group killed him. 3/8 heroic ds now!
    bad news: going to have to try to pug the boss on normal for my dagger quest gems

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I bit the bullet and bought myself some VP boots. Might as well use the money since it's not doing anything anyway and I don't feel like waiting to get enough VP to buy another pair when there's other stuff I could be getting in the meantime.

Also, I got a Swift White Hawkstrider in my healer satchel today. Too bad I already have it, looks like my bank alt will have a fancy mount now though.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ahh, LFR, the only place where you can consistently wipe to slime boss.

This time it was due to two people calling out different slimes to attack, on a G/Y/R spawn.

Though it was funny seeing my ret consistently at top DPS (usually 150% of damage done of the next highest DPS). Can't say it's all the tentacle sword, but it didn't hurt either.

Nobody on
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Does the LFR Boost DPS somehow? We have every buff except Spell Critical Strike Chance (Critical Mass / Shadow and Flame) in our 10 man Group, but our members see a decent size jump in DPS when doing the LFR.

Even myself, I put together a DPS Set last week, which consisted of all the 378 5man gear and some Firelands rep items(and Tanking Boots, because I didn't take the DPS boots from the quest when I did it a month ago). I went into LFR last week and was doing much better than I thought I would on the meters. Think I pulled 27k on Ultraxion that week in full 378, which seemed pretty high to me. This week I replaced the Tank boots with 391 Arachnaflame Treads and I got ahold of the 397 mace off Blackthorn. Went in and did 32k on Ultraxion this week.

Does anyone else notice they do more DPS in LFR?

• Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote:
    bad news: if you're going to bring a melee to that fight bring one with mobility. in comes a warrior replacement for me
    bad news: going to have to try to pug the boss on normal for my dagger quest gems

This makes me all D: because we're having a ton of problems with surviving heroic Morchok 10.

Then again, our healers have gotten almost no gear since DS came out, and stomp has exhibited the most bizarre behavior for us, soooo

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Kainy wrote:
    Smrtnik wrote:

This makes me all D: because we're having a ton of problems with surviving heroic Morchok 10.

Then again, our healers have gotten almost no gear since DS came out, and stomp has exhibited the most bizarre behavior for us, soooo

It also made me D:

The first week we tried to 3 Heal it. After 3 hours of dieing I decided to never try 3 healing it again. Then last week we had a PUG healer who was fucking awful, so the side he was on died in 2 stomps so we stopped after 6 attempts. Then this week, we finally have a good healer join our team. But then the other Side, that seemed to be fine last week, was not able to make it long enough for us to kill the boss. We had a couple sub million wipes. So frustrating. It doesn't even seem that hard to heal to me, the damage is a lot but you know exactly when it is coming and how much it's going to hit for.

SIGH

• Options
    Buddies wrote:
    Does the LFR Boost DPS somehow? We have every buff except Spell Critical Strike Chance (Critical Mass / Shadow and Flame) in our 10 man Group, but our members see a decent size jump in DPS when doing the LFR.

Even myself, I put together a DPS Set last week, which consisted of all the 378 5man gear and some Firelands rep items(and Tanking Boots, because I didn't take the DPS boots from the quest when I did it a month ago). I went into LFR last week and was doing much better than I thought I would on the meters. Think I pulled 27k on Ultraxion that week in full 378, which seemed pretty high to me. This week I replaced the Tank boots with 391 Arachnaflame Treads and I got ahold of the 397 mace off Blackthorn. Went in and did 32k on Ultraxion this week.

Good question...I think a bit of it is the ability to continue DPSing without moving because you can technically ignore mechanics.

I'll need to compare next week (assuming I'm able to DPS and not tank for our main raids).

• Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote:
    Buddies wrote:

Good question...I think a bit of it is the ability to continue DPSing without moving because you can technically ignore mechanics.

I'll need to compare next week (assuming I'm able to DPS and not tank for our main raids).

It's also a matter of fight lengths. In general the shorter the fight the higher your dps will be due to dps cooldown uptime.

• Options
    Jay BizzleJay Bizzle Registered User regular
    Rakeeth wrote:
    Nobody wrote:
    Buddies wrote:

It's also a matter of fight lengths. In general the shorter the fight the higher your dps will be due to dps cooldown uptime.

Both are huge contributing factors.

Xbox Live: Prawesome Dad
    Battle.net: CinnamonJ#1629
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Let me put it this way. Eating the "second closest" stomp without fainting on 25m kills me, while on 10m it leaves me at 40k hp. At 9% we remembered we hadn't popped heroism yet. Our only death was someone near the end going "i want to see if I can dps him while standing in the black sludge".

Warlord also seemed easier, but it's a bit hard to tell beside we only put in a couple hours on progression on him in 25 the other week.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote:
    How? Aren't you locked to your guild's for the week since you killed a heroic boss?

• Options
    Nobody wrote:

This time it was due to two people calling out different slimes to attack, on a G/Y/R spawn.

Though it was funny seeing my ret consistently at top DPS (usually 150% of damage done of the next highest DPS). Can't say it's all the tentacle sword, but it didn't hurt either.
    Yeah, people have some really strange ideas in RF about slime priority. After purple and blue, literally no other slime color is an actual threat since the others can easily be AoE healed through. If I had my choice, I'd kill black if there's no purple/blue up (I think there's a black/yellow/something else spawn) just so that the boss can die faster when people don't have to waste damage killing the adds.

I didn't realize there was actually a traffic light color spawn set, so I guess that's why some people put yellow second/third?

• Options
    forty wrote:
    Nobody wrote:

Yeah, people have some really strange ideas in RF about slime priority. After purple and blue, literally no other slime color is an actual threat since the others can easily be AoE healed through. If I had my choice, I'd kill black if there's no purple/blue up (I think there's a black/yellow/something else spawn) just so that the boss can die faster when people don't have to waste damage killing the adds.

I didn't realize there was actually a traffic light color spawn set, so I guess that's why some people put yellow second/third?

Probably.

The problem with the set is that the Green+Yellow do decent raid damage together, and since it's LFR red's damage was also getting chained around by the geese sitting on the edge of the circle because they think there's some kind of 20 yard deadzone for casting fireball.

Even with the reduced damage in LFR, the healers couldn't keep up with that.

Funny you should mention killing black, that LFR was insisting on killing it over yellow or blue during those spawns.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I don't think I've ever been in a LFR that prioritized Blue over anything. It's always Purple > Green > Yellow. There's no reason to ever kill black on PTR, the adds are completely irrelevant and exist almost entirely to boost the DPS numbers of classes with good AoE. The orb goes down so fast too, that Blue can be safely ignored. Occasionally you get a raid leader that clarifies that on a RGY spawn yellow is more important than Green, but in all other situations Green is higher priority. It's rare enough you don't see people mention it often though; and when it does happen and it produces a wipe, the same set won't show up again next time likely just due to randomness, so no one really learns anything.

EDIT: honestly though, in a RGY situation, it shouldn't matter which you kill. Any of them down would have the same end effect as far as healers are concerned. I guess though that the buff he gets with Yellow often results in a dead tank or two, people are more afraid of it? I don't know. Still, I suppose, for the general populace, still take down Green because most people stay stacked anyway, and spreading out is too hard.

I haven't wiped on that boss in LFR in so long I didn't realize people were still having issues.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    The only slime that's really dangerous in LFR is purple, because healers can still be dumb. After that yellow, and after that it doesn't matter at all.

Heroic morchok is super frustrating as a raid that doesn't have a class that can respec and be a fourth healer. I'm not sure how that's supposed to be a manageable fight with only three, or even how you'd position it.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever been in a LFR that prioritized Blue over anything. It's always Purple > Green > Yellow. There's no reason to ever kill black on PTR, the adds are completely irrelevant and exist almost entirely to boost the DPS numbers of classes with good AoE. The orb goes down so fast too, that Blue can be safely ignored. Occasionally you get a raid leader that clarifies that on a RGY spawn yellow is more important than Green, but in all other situations Green is higher priority. It's rare enough you don't see people mention it often though; and when it does happen and it produces a wipe, the same set won't show up again next time likely just due to randomness, so no one really learns anything.

EDIT: honestly though, in a RGY situation, it shouldn't matter which you kill. Any of them down would have the same end effect as far as healers are concerned. I guess though that the buff he gets with Yellow often results in a dead tank or two, people are more afraid of it? I don't know. Still, I suppose, for the general populace, still take down Green because most people stay stacked anyway, and spreading out is too hard.

I haven't wiped on that boss in LFR in so long I didn't realize people were still having issues.

It's the only boss I've seen an LFR wipe on in the front half, usually due to split DPS on slimes or poor DPS overall.

I mean, I've actually seen this boss go to enrage and wipe the raid in LFR, and he was still over 10% at that point.

• Options
    I think I've wiped to Warlord in LFR more than the slime boss.

Which, I realize, is completely idiotic and holy shit how can you mess up standing there and attacking in LFR, but...there you go.

Also, someone said something about ret pally with the tentacle sword earlier...after I got one in Madness, I went back and did the first 4 as ret, and with no other gear changes, I went from regularly being 7th-ish in DPS to 1st or 2nd in every fight, even slimes. I think my equipped is 380 as ret right now so he's got pretty decent gear; but the Gurthalak seems to be a pretty significant DPS boost. Recount won't show me the damage from the tentacles individually for some reason though so I can't say for certain how much it is.

• Options
    Nobody wrote:
    Probably.

The problem with the set is that the Green+Yellow do decent raid damage together, and since it's LFR red's damage was also getting chained around by the geese sitting on the edge of the circle because they think there's some kind of 20 yard deadzone for casting fireball.

Even with the reduced damage in LFR, the healers couldn't keep up with that.

Funny you should mention killing black, that LFR was insisting on killing it over yellow or blue during those spawns.
    Well, yeah, all three of those being up is going to be a problem. I just meant any two of the "here's some raid damage to heal through" are very easy to handle. You just have to tell people to stack on his ass throughout the fight (since there's never an advantage to spreading) and hope they actually follow through.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think I've ever been in a LFR that prioritized Blue over anything. It's always Purple > Green > Yellow.
    See, "it's always" is a completely foreign concept to most of us who do RF, since I am constantly running into people with different ideas about things. The only "always" in RF is that people will be dicks and that there will be terrible players getting carried.
    There's no reason to ever kill black on PTR,
    You mean besides the reason I mentioned? Unless you're like 4 healing the fight for some reason or the healers are AFK, green and yellow pose no real threat either.

Sometime I should go to wowpedia and see what all the valid RF combinations are.

forty on
  • Options
    Yeah I just don't think your reasoning for killing black is very valid. AoE doesn't stop DPS on the boss that much at all for most classes. The amount it "slows' killing the boss is virtually irrelevant to the length of of time the boss takes that is more or less hardwired into the mechanics. If anything, black is a breather because it is usually a for sure phase that you don't need to worry about healers being fail.

Yeah, not seeing your logic at all. Black is the best to keep up in LFR. The adds aren't even worth worrying about; can be killed with AoE weaved into normal attacks on the boss resulting in an insignificant dps drop on the boss directly, aren't a challenge to heal through, and is a slime that would be otherwise filled with something that can actually hurt.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I've wiped to Warlord in LFR more than the slime boss.

Which, I realize, is completely idiotic and holy shit how can you mess up standing there and attacking in LFR, but...there you go.

Also, someone said something about ret pally with the tentacle sword earlier...after I got one in Madness, I went back and did the first 4 as ret, and with no other gear changes, I went from regularly being 7th-ish in DPS to 1st or 2nd in every fight, even slimes. I think my equipped is 380 as ret right now so he's got pretty decent gear; but the Gurthalak seems to be a pretty significant DPS boost. Recount won't show me the damage from the tentacles individually for some reason though so I can't say for certain how much it is.

That's bizarre, it shows it for me when I uncheck "include pets with owners" in the options.

EDIT: Do you mean for each tentacle or overall?

Nobody on
  • Options
    Yeah I just don't think your reasoning for killing black is very valid. AoE doesn't stop DPS on the boss that much at all for most classes. The amount it "slows' killing the boss is virtually irrelevant to the length of of time the boss takes that is more or less hardwired into the mechanics. If anything, black is a breather because it is usually a for sure phase that you don't need to worry about healers being fail.

Yeah, not seeing your logic at all. Black is the best to keep up in LFR. The adds aren't even worth worrying about; can be killed with AoE weaved into normal attacks on the boss resulting in an insignificant dps drop on the boss directly, aren't a challenge to heal through, and is a slime that would be otherwise filled with something that can actually hurt.
    What can actually hurt besides purple though? Any other two slimes are easy to heal through, to the extent where if your raid can't survive them, then they probably wouldn't have killed Zon'ozz either.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Purple, yellow, black for LFR.

Which doesn't matter because there is always a purple or yellow.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    forty wrote:
    Smrtnik wrote:
    How? Aren't you locked to your guild's for the week since you killed a heroic boss?

To the heroic lockout, yes. But he can still join a normal raid that's killed at least the bosses he's killed.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Hmmm...why doesn't Silvermoon have a backdoor like Exodar has that you can use to get into the city as Alliance for things like BB King?

Getting to Lor'Themar with a non-stealth is brutal.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I dunno, I thought it was easier than getting to sylvanas or garrosh

I pretty much just rode straight in, then rezzed in the teleporter room in the back and hearthed out

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Exodar has a back door?

• Options
    Huh, I kept getting netted trying to run through.

You can fly the entire way to Sylvanis. You take some hits from the guards but you can make it all the way in with one shot.

Garrosh is brutal due to how many NPC's in his room aggro well before him so it's hard to get in range to shoot before you even die.

And yeah, Exodar has a backdoor. It's on the side right as you enter Azuremyst from the boat. There's one set of guards on the ramp going down you can run past, then you can jump off the side of the ramp and you're almost right at Velen. It's super easy. Actually all of the ones for Horde are pretty easy. The only one that is moderately difficult is Tyrande but when you realize you can die by the edge and then rez on the level above to shoot her right when you respawn it's pretty trivial. Then when you inevetiably die right there, you can respawn outside the building with no guards nearby.

The biggest hangup with Silvermoon vs Exodar is the lack of flying and not having a backdoor like Exodar has. If you could fly it would be just as trivial as the others. If there were a backdoor, say for instance you could take the portal from Undercity as Alliance, it would be on par with Exodar, but you have to make it past the guards in various places.

I'll grant it's still not the most difficult thing in the world, its just more time consuming since again, no backdoor, and the need to run all the way through ghostlands/eversong to get there then run all the way through town, when with Exodar the boat from Teldrassil takes you RIGHT to the side enterance which takes you RIGHT to Velen.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I've always found it odd that the "backdoor" entrance into the city is the first one you come across.

guDVD.jpg

That is, unless you're playing as a Draenei and come in from the usual angle from Azure Watch and never again once you finish Bloodmyst Isle.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    My first time seeing Exodar was taking a Draenei through the starter zone, so I only knew of that east entrance and never looked for or realized there was another. Other than that I almost never go to Exodar since I barely touch my alliance characters.

• Options
    when I flew into undercity through the sewer, stupid bat riders dismounted me as soon as I hit the canals. Same thing happened in ogrimmar, although I did come in by zepplin and there's a lot of wyverns flying around up there.

I never got netted in silvermoon; I aggroed the first two guards on the way in and one of the robots, but after that nothing seemed to notice me until the like 20 guards hanging around outside the faction leader's room.

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Meh, the backdoor to Exodar isn't that bad, considering that when it was added the Alliance had easy backdoor entrances to two of the Horde cities and it was impossible to get to Azuremist without triggering warnings on Worlddefense.

• Options
    Oh I'm not complaining about Exodar having a back door. It's a good thing, gameplay wise, even if it makes no sense tactically.

I'm just bummed that Silvermoon doesn't have one, you can't fly, and there's no quick way to Silvermoon for Alliance like there is for Exodar as horde.

Either way, oh well. I'm on my last Alliance character doing the caroling and BB King, so it won't matter to me ever again, unless I do it on my Panda Monk, depending on how they merge achievements.

In other news I have Lumps of Coal on 6/10 of my characters, finally got one on my main. I got a second one on my rogue. I guess I'm lucky? Everyone in my guild is bitching about not getting any. But I guess with 10 85's doing the daily every day I was bound to get several.

• Options
    Oh I'm not complaining about Exodar having a back door. It's a good thing, gameplay wise, even if it makes no sense tactically.

I'm just bummed that Silvermoon doesn't have one, you can't fly, and there's no quick way to Silvermoon for Alliance like there is for Exodar as horde.

Either way, oh well. I'm on my last Alliance character doing the caroling and BB King, so it won't matter to me ever again, unless I do it on my Panda Monk, depending on how they merge achievements.

In other news I have Lumps of Coal on 6/10 of my characters, finally got one on my main. I got a second one on my rogue. I guess I'm lucky? Everyone in my guild is bitching about not getting any. But I guess with 10 85's doing the daily every day I was bound to get several.

It's balanced by the fact that (except for (E)RPers) nobody goes there :P

I got the coal on my main and I didn't bother with the other characters, I figure in MOP it'll be accountwide anyway.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I used to park characters in Silvermoon and Exodar all the time back when they were new. They had extremely convenient AH <-> mailbox run distances compared to the other cities before having mailboxes all over got into style.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    I don't understand why Ironforge didn't get a mailbox right outside the AH.

• Options
    I have gotten zero lumps of coal, but I've only been doing it on one guy

I dunno why all this stuff isn't also purchasable for like, 500 winter veil points or something yet

NREqxl5.jpg
This discussion has been closed.