Options

[WOW] [CHAT] Thread. Female Panderen Revealed. Yiffing already?

• Options
    ShinryuShinryu Registered User regular
    I already feel like I've seen too much of Dragon Soul. Running LFR in addition to the main raid and any runs an alt may get into is getting incredibly tiresome; it feels like I've done more runs in DS than I did for all of FL.

(USER WAS INFRACTED FOR THIS POST)
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I'm at 400ilvl now I realized earlier today. Talk about inflation. By end of MOP ilvl will be in the 800s seems like, with this pattern.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    There are too many servers where you have one faction being too dominant. I would have struggle a few years ago to name more than a couple with serious problems, but now I think I'd struggle to name a realm with an equal ratio for both sides.

Look at Outland EU. That suddenly became the pvp server to roll on and now it's locked. Blizz have offered free transfers off, but the realms they've listed are a complete joke.

Funnily enough, Al'Akir EU alliance isn't on the list considering that's where a bunch of players came from.

Something more needs to be done to either attract people to underpopulated factions than what is currently being done, or Blizz need to suck it up and merge some servers. No point in making a big song and dance that the next expansion is going to get people out of their city if you're going to have a load of single faction servers.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Server/Faction transfers should be so much cheaper than they are. It's a completely automated process that takes a few minutes. There's no reason that shit should cost 25 euros apart from trying to bleed the customer dry

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Neli wrote:
    Server/Faction transfers should be so much cheaper than they are. It's a completely automated process that takes a few minutes. There's no reason that shit should cost 25 euros apart from trying to bleed the customer dry

Removing the price barrier sounds like an amazing way to change a server from a faction balance of say, 60/40, to 100/0.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote:
    Neli wrote:

Removing the price barrier sounds like an amazing way to change a server from a faction balance of say, 60/40, to 100/0.
    That and the cost is more about not letting people do it that often. It could possibly be slightly cheaper, but they don't want people bouncing from server to server which people would definitely do if it was free or just a dollar or two. Well, you say, they should then just limit it to like 3 or 4 per year. Then, you'd just have people complaining about that instead.

• Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    Had an officer quit yesterday -- then only 22 people were online for the raid. We killed "i hate everything" boss and then called it a night, early. I decided to try my hand at raid leading and got ten people together to continue where we left off... Spine. We killed it on our last attempt of the night. We should have gotten it earlier but I got disconnected THREE fucking times moving the amalg over the same damn spot. Each time I would get dc'd immediately.

If I got to hand pick the 12 people to make a 10m out of our 25m roster, I think I could have us be 2/8H right now [if we had those people from the start of course].

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    @Nobody

Hey, a couple of us want to do Sinestra for the Title[Trinket]. I don't think everyone on my team wants to do it though, and I don't want to force anybody to do it. If my Tanking cohort is not interested (He typically never wants to do old content, especially with SWTOR out) would you be? We will be clearing the rest of Dragon Soul on Sunday and with the left over time at least get a Raid ID to Heroic Cho'gall/Sinestra that I can bring forward every week.

I'll give you more details when I get some more answers from my team.

Edit: Yea, I will definately need a Tank for it. Help! Help me!

Buddies on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    We aren't raiding once again this week because not enough people are showing up. *sigh* What's sad is that the top guilds on our server are having the same attendance issues so *everyone* is recruiting.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I would totally take my abbannoned human paladin and guild and make them horde but it's $45? and level one considering how long it took me at 85 to grind out to level 2 there is no way I can do that at level 29

• Options
    Buddies wrote:
    @Nobody

Hey, a couple of us want to do Sinestra for the Title[Trinket]. I don't think everyone on my team wants to do it though, and I don't want to force anybody to do it. If my Tanking cohort is not interested (He typically never wants to do old content, especially with SWTOR out) would you be? We will be clearing the rest of Dragon Soul on Sunday and with the left over time at least get a Raid ID to Heroic Cho'gall/Sinestra that I can bring forward every week.

I'd love to help, but I'm normally tanking our alt run on my druid on Sundays :(

Lemme know times and I'll see what I can do.

• Options
    Nobody wrote:
    Buddies wrote:
    @Nobody

I'd love to help, but I'm normally tanking our alt run on my druid on Sundays :(

Shiiit. It would likely zone into BoT at around 10pm

• Options
    Buddies wrote:
    Nobody wrote:
    Buddies wrote:
    @Nobody

Shiiit. It would likely zone into BoT at around 10pm

Yeah my alt run is good (several madness kills) but not that good :(

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Each week it becomes a little more bleak that I'm not going to get those daggers. Too much of the guild (including myself) is loving TOR too much and already bored with Dragon Soul.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    I'd be less bored with DS if I had anything resembling a decent shot at winning loot. I still say they should have gone the loot bag route.

• Options
    bout time
    The loot system will be improved in upcoming updates -- including in patch 4.3.2, where it'll no longer be possible to win two of the same item for a single boss kill. But we're really happy with the implementation of Raid Finder and feel it's a great new feature for the game, and one we'll continue refining over time.

Granted, it's rare, but man was it annoying seeing people win both items, then demanding people trade them some other piece of loot for it.

• Options
    CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    So, my first VP purchase this patch was the DPS plate helm, looks awesome, got that Thulsa Doom thing going.

Five weeks of LFR later, my first win is a 384 helm token. I gave it to an enthusiastic mage, and /silentragequit

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote:
    bout time
    The loot system will be improved in upcoming updates -- including in patch 4.3.2, where it'll no longer be possible to win two of the same item for a single boss kill. But we're really happy with the implementation of Raid Finder and feel it's a great new feature for the game, and one we'll continue refining over time.

Granted, it's rare, but man was it annoying seeing people win both items, then demanding people trade them some other piece of loot for it.
    I guess they just forgot to type up the note about increasing the amount of loot dropped from 4 to 5 items per boss.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    For real? LFR is 5 drops per now?

That's nuts. EDIT: oh, 4.3.2 isn't live. I've been out of town a few days.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    I think I'm getting bored leveling my 71 DK. Not because he's not strong--he's hilariously so--but it just feels like there's no impact to anything he does. Discounting the numbers here of course, but all the different strikes and such feel and sound and look exactly the same, and it all just adds up to be oddly, well, boring.

I think I'm weird.

I wonder if Warriors are any better in this respect. :p

• Options
    For real? LFR is 5 drops per now?

That's nuts. EDIT: oh, 4.3.2 isn't live. I've been out of town a few days.
    I was making a sardonic remark about how they're not doing something they really should do, since they like to be obstinate about shit.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Ledneh wrote:
    I think I'm getting bored leveling my 71 DK. Not because he's not strong--he's hilariously so--but it just feels like there's no impact to anything he does. Discounting the numbers here of course, but all the different strikes and such feel and sound and look exactly the same, and it all just adds up to be oddly, well, boring.

I think I'm weird.

What race are you playing? I'd wager that might be it, races having different animations and whatnot.

If it is the race, a Warrior of the same race miiiight not be any better? Dunno.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Ledneh wrote:

I think I'm weird.

Hell yes--Arms and Prot in particular have engaging playstyles. Plenty of reactive abilities, skill diversity and killing sprees.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Case in point: I keep myself flagged on our PvE server, just as a courtesy for any opposing player who feels like getting his shit kicked in.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Oh, so I snagged a Kiril, Fury of Beasts on my Hunter the other day in LFR.

It is the most amazing and hilarious thing. Agility proc being the amazing, size increase being the hilarious.

Now I need to see if I can stack size buffs with it...

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    He's an Orc because Orcs are the Master Race, Hail Garrosh :arrow:

I don't really know if it's the playstyle that leaves me feeling hollow--I mean hell, Frost has Killing Machine and Rime to juggle, and 1s GCD means funtimes. I guess it's more because I've traditionally had more fun with games/playstyles/whatever that have a lot of flash or spectacle, a lot of Sound and Fury*, as it were, and it just feels like it isn't there with the DK. (Unless D&D is on the ground)

I usually think of the caster classes as the most vibrant of the bunch, but they have mana bars and I have an irrational dislike for those. :(

*preferably not signifying nothing

Ledneh on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I must have amazing roll skills because I have both DS trinkets for my class and 4 pieces of armor

• Options
    Ledneh wrote:
    He's an Orc because Orcs are the Master Race, Hail Garrosh :arrow:

I don't really know if it's the playstyle that leaves me feeling hollow--I mean hell, Frost has Killing Machine and Rime to juggle, and 1s GCD means funtimes. I guess it's more because I've traditionally had more fun with games/playstyles/whatever that have a lot of flash or spectacle, a lot of Sound and Fury*, as it were, and it just feels like it isn't there with the DK. (Unless D&D is on the ground)

I usually think of the caster classes as the most vibrant of the bunch, but they have mana bars and I have an irrational dislike for those. :(

*preferably not signifying nothing

Male or Female? Male Orcs have terrible animations. Everything looks the same. Female Orcs on the other hand get a back spin on certain specials, and a jumping attack on others. Much more entertaining.

I also made a Male Orc Deathknight before. Didn't get past level 58. Deathgrip just felt plain WRONG to me as I came from playing a Warrior. And I think the same animation for every attack made it wretchedly boring to play.

In terms of Animation there is what I roll on every Race

Orc - Female (Back spins and jump attacks)
    Undead - Female (Mother fuckin front flips!) - too bad undead racials are fucking awful
    Tauren - Male (Jump attacks look devastating coming from a huge tauren)
    Troll - Male (Back spins galore)
    Blood Elf - Doesn't matter, both have good and varied animations. I prefer males for Plate classes and Females for everything else.
    Goblin - I only have a Male goblin, and I don't like their animations much at all. Don't know what the female ones look like.

Only have a Gnome Mage.

• Options
    3 Healing maces dropped off Madness this week when I was on my DK. Miraculously, two dropped last night on my resto druid. Of course I didn't win one. One guy won both, and he already has a 397 healing weapon (just like most the times I lose them). He gave one to the second highest roller (supposedly, I didn't bother to check), who of course did about 60% of the healing I did on the fight.

Do people actually use the 390 Maw over 397 weapons? Or are they just being greedy dicks?

• Options
    forty wrote:
    3 Healing maces dropped off Madness this week when I was on my DK. Miraculously, two dropped last night on my resto druid. Of course I didn't win one. One guy won both, and he already has a 397 healing weapon (just like most the times I lose them). He gave one to the second highest roller (supposedly, I didn't bother to check), who of course did about 60% of the healing I did on the fight.

Do people actually use the 390 Maw over 397 weapons? Or are they just being greedy dicks?

Yes. The Deathwing weapons are practicly Legendarys. A lot of the 390 weapons are better than 397 alternatives.

• Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    Probably depends on the proc. Gurthalak proc is ridiculously awesome. Hunter bow is shit. I have no idea about the other weapons.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    The proc on the maw is pretty great, although it depends on how much clumped aoe healing you are doing, and apparently your class to some extent. I got a normal mode one on my shaman this week; doing BH afterward, the proc did like 8% of my total healing.

Our holy paladin has the LFR version, and his did 4.1% of his overall A&H on madness. Not sure if it's that much worse for paladins or if he was just positioning poorly.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Rakeeth wrote:
    Probably depends on the proc. Gurthalak proc is ridiculously awesome. Hunter bow is shit. I have no idea about the other weapons.

Hunter bow is kind of okay for Survival as Survival mastery boosts the Proc damage. But the proc using your spell crit instead of your range crit makes it not as strong as intended. They are making some Hunter changes though to bring their DPS up by altering gear and a few select abilities.

All of the Deathwing Weapons should contribute on average 6-10%(LFR-Heroic) of whatever it is you do. Which is comparable to Dragonwrath I think.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Buddies wrote:
    forty wrote:

Yes. The Deathwing weapons are practicly Legendarys. A lot of the 390 weapons are better than 397 alternatives.

So I should be really grateful that I won Souldrinker for my OS Tank?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Riokenn wrote:
    Buddies wrote:
    forty wrote:

So I should be really grateful that I won Souldrinker for my OS Tank?

If you are a Paladin, yes.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Until they fix Seal of Truth.

Anyway, the DW weapons being better than 397s just pisses me off more since people are lucking their way into gear that's better than it has any right to be and bringing these things into BGs. I had a frost DK a few days ago raping me with two tentacles up.

Somehow Blizzard doesn't think the burst these things do in PvP is a problem.

forty on
  • Options
    I believe that was already hotfixed? Blue posts seem to indicate that but it's not a part of the hotfix blog entry.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    do the tentacles move? I haven't seen one in pvp that I remember, but I thought that was kind of a creative solution to the problem with pve weapons being too good at pvp.

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    The tentacles are stationary and have a limited range.

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    They're also stunable, fearable, and interruptable.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
This discussion has been closed.