Options

[WOW] [CHAT] Thread. Female Panderen Revealed. Yiffing already?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I really hate ruynning into guild groups while doing the LFR and LFD. Because the agility and strength to bracers enchants drop and I lose them to the guild and get taunted for it.

• Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    Well at length we've cleared Zon'ozz and blown through Yorshaj. Hagara held us back for a couple of sessions while people learned to run away from ice. Ultraxion's trash was a bitch but last night we finally got to work on Ultraxion some.

It's depressing to be failing because people aren't pushing a button at the right time. I mean really, that's the whole game anyway. Push the right button at the right time. But now there's not even any question which button is the right one. And they tell you when to push it.

One odd thing occurred: two players (husband and wife so they were in the same house on the same internet connection) reported seeing back-to-back hour of twilights. Like they'd see him casting hour of twilight, press the button then come back into _another_ hour of twilight. It sounded to me like they were just pressing the button too early but they swear there are two. Anyone heard of something like this?

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    So they are getting the same dungeon twice in a row? out of a possible 3 it's not that hard

• Options
    Brainleech wrote:
    So they are getting the same dungeon twice in a row? out of a possible 3 it's not that hard

Not sure if serious.

Ultraxion has an ability called hour of twilight.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    Jay BizzleJay Bizzle Registered User regular
    tarnok wrote:
    Well at length we've cleared Zon'ozz and blown through Yorshaj. Hagara held us back for a couple of sessions while people learned to run away from ice. Ultraxion's trash was a bitch but last night we finally got to work on Ultraxion some.

It's depressing to be failing because people aren't pushing a button at the right time. I mean really, that's the whole game anyway. Push the right button at the right time. But now there's not even any question which button is the right one. And they tell you when to push it.

One odd thing occurred: two players (husband and wife so they were in the same house on the same internet connection) reported seeing back-to-back hour of twilights. Like they'd see him casting hour of twilight, press the button then come back into _another_ hour of twilight. It sounded to me like they were just pressing the button too early but they swear there are two. Anyone heard of something like this?

They're clicking it as soon as he starts casting. Which means they are coming out of the phasing at the tail end of his casting. This is what was happening to someone in a group I was in last night. We were wiping because of that person, and two other people who were trying to click too late. We then started calling when to click, and voila! Everybody was in sync and nobody got hit by hour of twilight who wasn't supposed to be hit by it.

Xbox Live: Prawesome Dad
    Battle.net: CinnamonJ#1629
  • Options
    Jay Bizzle wrote:
    They're clicking it as soon as he starts casting. Which means they are coming out of the phasing at the tail end of his casting. This is what was happening to someone in a group I was in last night. We were wiping because of that person, and two other people who were trying to click too late. We then started calling when to click, and voila! Everybody was in sync and nobody got hit by hour of twilight who wasn't supposed to be hit by it.

This is what I'm thinking, but we suggested this and they still insisted there were two separate hours of twilight. We have tried calling it but the problem persists :/. If they're really that unaware that they're clicking too early but think they're not then I'm not sure how to fix them.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    SentretSentret Registered User regular
    It may be that they have dbm and are hitting their button when the vocal countdown hits one or just finishes. Which for most mechanics would be just fine, but for Ultraxion it means that you've hit it just as he starts his cast, and will die instantly when you come back out of the normal realm.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Hey everyone.

I haven't played in a while (last time was about a month or two after Cata released), but yesterday my niece used my PC to log into her account and play. I was rather surprised to see that the game had horrible lag/performance issues, even though I'd played with no issues whatsoever before.

I'm putting my system specs here in hopes that someone could tell me if the cause is my system or not. Thoughts much appreciated.

AMD Athlon II X2 215 (2.70 GHz)
    4Gb RAM
    Windows 7 64-bit
    AMD Radeon HD 6670 (1Gb GDDR5)
    Delete all your old mods. They can slow down the game a ton if ther are outdated.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well I accidently pressed the heroic button for the new heroics on my warrior and made out like a bandit

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    tarnok wrote:

Maybe they're getting fading light, then as they come out of it they get hour of twilight

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Zzulu wrote:
    Maybe they're getting fading light, then as they come out of it they get hour of twilight

I'm pretty sure this isn't the case as we were having some problems with fading light so I was calling out who had it in vent.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    You're living in another world if you didn't think something was going to be done for Blood DK's. I honestly don't care that they could be easily kited, because the idea that the best way to deal with a blood dk is to avoid melee combat altogether is a stupid one. The only way it could have been more stupid was that if you had a spec that asked you not to do ranged attacks against someone.

I very much doubt it was for the reasons for 2vs2, because that bracket is all types of awful. It was done because tank specs aren't suppose to put out that kind of damage in pvp. Going into any BG since this patch would have told you something wasn't right.
    I knew Vengeance was going to be nerfed in exactly the way it was and called it well in advance. But that's more because I knew the crying would get to Blizzard than feeling it was a necessary change.
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    because the idea that the best way to deal with a blood dk is to avoid melee combat altogether is a stupid one
    How so? Should a mage prevail against a warrior or enhancement shaman if he just parks in one spot and chain casts and does nothing to avoid the target? I don't think there being different ways to deal with certain specs is inherently a stupid idea. What's more, this nerf does nothing to change the above. The best way to deal with blood DKs will still be to kite them and keep them from death striking.
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    Going into any BG since this patch would have told you something wasn't right.*
    Not really. I just Soothe them (competent Hunters and Rogues just Tranq/Shiv) when I notice they've got some Vengeance going and they're back to being neutered. OMG, using counters in PvP, what a concept.

* Does not apply to mages and rogues.

forty on
  • Options
    Sentret wrote:
    It may be that they have dbm and are hitting their button when the vocal countdown hits one or just finishes. Which for most mechanics would be just fine, but for Ultraxion it means that you've hit it just as he starts his cast, and will die instantly when you come back out of the normal realm.
    It's most likely this. DBM for some reason has the female voice countdown the time to when Hour of Twilight is going to start casting. They're either hearing that or seeing the visual DBM countdown bar to when Ultrax is going to cast Hour of Twilight and misinterpreting that as a cast bar for the spell, thus Heroic Willing right before that reaches 0.

If they're telling you that they are seeing Ultraxion going through a 5-second Hour of Twilight cast right before everyone else sees it, then they're wrong and don't know what they're talking about.

• Options
    forty wrote:
    Sentret wrote:
    It's most likely this. DBM for some reason has the female voice countdown the time to when Hour of Twilight is going to start casting. They're either hearing that or seeing the visual DBM countdown bar to when Ultrax is going to cast Hour of Twilight and misinterpreting that as a cast bar for the spell, thus Heroic Willing right before that reaches 0.

This has potential. I think my installation of DBM is a little out of date because it keeps telling me to check for updates, but I don't get a voice counting down. All I do is look at the casting bar on the boss portrait. They may not even have cast bars turned on and may think we're talking about the DBM timer.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote:
    Hey everyone.

I haven't played in a while (last time was about a month or two after Cata released), but yesterday my niece used my PC to log into her account and play. I was rather surprised to see that the game had horrible lag/performance issues, even though I'd played with no issues whatsoever before.

I'm putting my system specs here in hopes that someone could tell me if the cause is my system or not. Thoughts much appreciated.

AMD Athlon II X2 215 (2.70 GHz)
    4Gb RAM
    Windows 7 64-bit
    AMD Radeon HD 6670 (1Gb GDDR5)
    Delete all your old mods. They can slow down the game a ton if ther are outdated.

Did that- deleted the WTF, Cache, and Interface folders, let the game remake them. Logs in okay, but the moment the game loads any character performance is incredibly slow. Just now I couldn't even walk out of an inn on a level 7 paladin, the slowdown was so bad.

That video card is a new addition to my system. Prior to that I had onboard graphics which did just fine on low settings. The card does not require a power cable (manual says it draws power straight from the motherboard)- I'm wondering if that could be causing the slowdown.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    There is no doubt that crying occurred because of Blood DK's, but then why hasn't it worked with complaints about subt. rogues and frost mages or locks? Why hasn't it helped with balance /resto druids or Elemental /enhancement shaman?

Vengeance ultimately got nerfed because it's a tank spec putting out big hits in a bg, something that Blizz said at the start of this expansion had no place. Blood DK's still retain their survivability they just can't put out the damage anymore.

We've obviously got different opinions with regards to whether melee classes should have to completely change their style when it comes to fighting one spec or not.

And on a separate note, I don't really understand why Blizz have changed how tanks tank; am I correct in saying that this expansion it is more down to the amount of damage a tank puts out with regards to whether they retain agro? (I've never tanked beyond 50ish as a feral which just seemed to be about spamming swipe).

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    There is no doubt that crying occurred because of Blood DK's, but then why hasn't it worked with complaints about subt. rogues and frost mages or locks? Why hasn't it helped with balance /resto druids or Elemental /enhancement shaman?
    This one's easy and you should know it. Because the PvP development team consists of a monkey and ... that's it. Why did it take them 13 months to change their mind and change something that has been working the same way since Cata released? The same answer. The PvP monkey works in mysterious, feces-flinging ways.
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    And on a separate note, I don't really understand why Blizz have changed how tanks tank; am I correct in saying that this expansion it is more down to the amount of damage a tank puts out with regards to whether they retain agro? (I've never tanked beyond 50ish as a feral which just seemed to be about spamming swipe).
    What do you mean changed how they tank? It's more or less the same as always. Do rotation->hold threat, use cooldowns sometimes.

This change does nothing to make PvP less of a frustrating, imbalanced mess. The only difference is that now there are fewer viable specs and mage/rogue BG dominance will be even more pronounced.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    I think the threat changes were because in TBC a lot of the time it felt like you were playing against the mobs and the DPS in your own party.

Gotta say though, I think having a limit on how many targets tanks (well, warriors and druids) could AOE tank at once actually made the game better, or at least made people play in a more responsible way which I thought was more fun but I guess that's a minority opinion.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    forty wrote:
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    because the idea that the best way to deal with a blood dk is to avoid melee combat altogether is a stupid one
    How so? Should a mage prevail against a warrior or enhancement shaman if he just parks in one spot and chain casts and does nothing to avoid the target? I don't think there being different ways to deal with certain specs is inherently a stupid idea. What's more, this nerf does nothing to change the above. The best way to deal with blood DKs will still be to kite them and keep them from death striking.

Tell that to melee classes that have no way to kite them

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    I think I may give Hunter a try next. Thus far in my current spree I've tried Mage and Warlock (cast times blehh), and DK and Warrior (melee isn't doing it for me), so Hunter seems like the next logical fit. Especially seeing as how I haven't tried one since long before the Focus change.

Only problem is, I know I have the bow heirloom, but I don't think I havethe mail shoulder/chest, and I don't have any 85s anymore with which to buy new heirlooms. Sad day :(

Oh well I'll give it a go anyway. Someone pick a race, I'm thinking female orc because they might as well not exist and I am a pretty, unique snowflake

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Have fun with tanks rolling on your shit up to level 40 :P And then probably still after that because lowbie puggers are stupid :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    dylmandylman Registered User regular
    Ledneh wrote:
    Only problem is, I know I have the bow heirloom, but I don't think I havethe mail shoulder/chest, and I don't have any 85s anymore with which to buy new heirlooms. Sad day :(

The rogue leather heirlooms are as good if not better. You won't notice the lack of armor as you won't be in melee, and you'll be mostly hit capped while levelling, which is ace.

• Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    Hunters are fun, or were fun at least. I played a hunter from launch to the time I quit shortly after Cata launched. Don't get too wrapped up in wearing all mail at low levels, just get any leather/mail agi gear that comes your way, cause there's not a lot of hunter gear that's mail, until Wrath really. I remember wearing lots of leather all through BC as well.

I personally prefer ferocity pets for soloing. Every once in awhile you might want a turtle or something to tank elite quests, but DPS seems to be the way to go. Originally I went tauren hunter, but switched it to Belf. If I were to do it over I'd try alliance out, but Orc is as good of choice as any other really. I don't know what Cata raiding is like, but in wrath most of the time my pet sat passive at my side, because all the aoe shits destroyed them.

Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    815165 wrote:
    I think the threat changes were because in TBC a lot of the time it felt like you were playing against the mobs and the DPS in your own party.

Gotta say though, I think having a limit on how many targets tanks (well, warriors and druids) could AOE tank at once actually made the game better, or at least made people play in a more responsible way which I thought was more fun but I guess that's a minority opinion.

Well tanking has changed every expansion :P

The changes from WotLK to Cata included Vengeance (which was supposed to help with tank threat, but didn't address the issue that tank threat needed help on the front end, not the back end), as well as the removal of the Defense skill (which made juggling stats easier).

And honestly, no, having limited targets on some tanks just helped perpetrate the "niche" tank belief (which, I can tell you as a paladin who had started tanking in TBC, was a bad thing).

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Warlock82 wrote:
    forty wrote:
    Redcoat-13 wrote:

Good thing PvP isn't dueling.

Alternate thing to consider: most melee specs don't have sufficient ways to counter being kited to death by a mage.

forty on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Ledneh wrote:
    Oh well I'll give it a go anyway. Someone pick a race, I'm thinking female orc because they might as well not exist and I am a pretty, unique snowflake
    Orcs are pretty much the best Horde race for any pet class/spec.

forty on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Oh I meant in terms of appearance, I give not a single fuck about racial abilities I just want what looks big pimpin' in mail. :P

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    tauren are both big and pimpin

• Options
    forty wrote:
    Warlock82 wrote:
    forty wrote:
    Redcoat-13 wrote:

Alternate thing to consider: most melee specs don't have sufficient ways to counter being kited to death by a mage.

All melee classes have gap closers. Most also have slows, stuns and interrupts to counter kiting.

I don't even know why you are arguing this though, Blood DKs were clearly OP.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote:
    forty wrote:
    Warlock82 wrote:
    forty wrote:
    Redcoat-13 wrote:

All melee classes have gap closers. Most also have slows, stuns and interrupts to counter kiting.

Yeah, try this as a ret paladin and let me know how well this goes for you.

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote:
    forty wrote:
    Warlock82 wrote:
    forty wrote:
    Redcoat-13 wrote:

One gap closer << multiple roots.
    Mages slow just as much as any melee (besides, surprise, rogues!)
    Blink beats stuns.
    Most interrupts aren't ranged. The mage isn't going to be casting Frostbolt while you're in melee range. He'll be rooting you and getting back to range.

• Options
    Frost Mages are the exception as opposed to the rule when it comes to the control and ability to kite melee. Things shouldn't be balanced with the ability of melee to keep up with one of them because it borks nearly all other ranged classes that don't have the the same toolbox.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    Frost Mages are the exception as opposed to the rule when it comes to the control and ability to kite melee. Things shouldn't be balanced with the ability of melee to keep up with one of them because it borks nearly all other ranged classes that don't have the the same toolbox.
    ... No shit?

So the solution is to leave frost mages as gods.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Boring gods.

Mages will change with MoP, just like every other class. It's gonna be a whirlwind of shit with the changes and who knows where anyone is going to land for a while.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    forty wrote:
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    ... No shit?

I must have misunderstood what exactly you are saying.

You say Blood DK's are easy to kite (relative to alot of melee anyway), someone else says that most if not all melee classes have a gap closer in addition to some ranged cc and you then bring up mages (although it is obvious you're talking about frost).

We all know Frost is daft, we all know something should have been done about it, and that it's led to some nuclear arms race of gap closers and snares and slows. And sadly it's not going to happen until maybe the expansion.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    All I am hearing from forty is "nerf scisors and paper, rock is fine" with his DK being the rock.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote:
    All I am hearing from forty is "nerf scisors and paper, rock is fine" with his DK being the rock.

Yeah, this. Frost Mages are broken too, but at least they can't heal themselves like Blood DKs. And as someone mentioned, Pandas is changing the shit out of everyone anyways so it shouldn't matter. They can actually try to balance pvp since they are basically re-doing every class/spec in the game from near scratch.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    forty wrote:
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    ... No shit?

I must have misunderstood what exactly you are saying.

You say Blood DK's are easy to kite (relative to alot of melee anyway),
    Yes, and this is true.
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    someone else says that most if not all melee classes have a gap closer in addition to some ranged cc and you then bring up mages (although it is obvious you're talking about frost).
    I mentioned (frost) mages and (sub) rogues quite a few posts ago since they have been ridiculous in PvP for far longer than Blood, they do far worse things to the PvP game (far, far too much control from a single character, arms race, etc.), and nothing is being done about them until (maybe) Mists. I don't type out FROST mage every time since it's pretty well understood as the godly PvP spec.
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    We all know Frost is daft, we all know something should have been done about it,
    Apparently not (see Warlock82's post).

Smrtnik wrote:
    You'd better get your ears checked since I don't even PvP on my DK.

"X will fix everything," where "X" is each expansion, is getting old. Another 9 months of absurdity for mages and rogues is not really what the game needs right now.

forty on
  • Options
    forty wrote:
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    We all know Frost is daft, we all know something should have been done about it,
    Apparently not (see Warlock82's post).

You mean the post where I said they are broken?

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    EWom wrote:
    Hunters are fun, or were fun at least. I played a hunter from launch to the time I quit shortly after Cata launched.

focus pretty much ruined hunters for me. that and garbage 'mechanics' like focus fire and improved steady shot. I don't think a single hunter actually likes ISS

This discussion has been closed.