Options

[WOW] [CHAT] Thread. Female Panderen Revealed. Yiffing already?

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote:
    forty wrote:
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    We all know Frost is daft, we all know something should have been done about it,
    Apparently not (see Warlock82's post).

You mean the post where I said they are broken?
    No, the post where you implied they weren't, not the one that obviously popped in while I was typing my reply.
    Warlock82 wrote:
    forty wrote:
    Good thing PvP isn't dueling.

Alternate thing to consider: most melee specs don't have sufficient ways to counter being kited to death by a mage.

All melee classes have gap closers. Most also have slows, stuns and interrupts to counter kiting.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Hey, guys. I was wondering if you might be able to help me out? My account went down in September of last year, and I never bothered to renew it. No big deal. Anyway, I tried logging into my Battle.net account just now, so I could reply to a thread on the Feathermoon forums, and I got a message saying my account's been permanently banned for in-game activities. I checked my email, and I had a message in my Junk folder from Blizzard dated the 21st of December. It says I've been caught cheating or using hacks or some shit. Now, don't get me wrong: I honestly don't care all that much. I never plan on playing World of Warcraft again, but I'd like to be able to post on the forums, you know?

I definitely haven't done shit to deserve a ban, lol. My account hasn't even been active since September. I've emailed Blizzard support, and explained what happened, but I was wondering if you guys knew anything else I should do. I know accounts get hacked pretty regularly, so if any of you have had an experience like this, I'd love to know how you resolved it. Thanks, guys.

• Options
    Jars wrote:
    EWom wrote:
    Hunters are fun, or were fun at least. I played a hunter from launch to the time I quit shortly after Cata launched.

focus pretty much ruined hunters for me. that and garbage 'mechanics' like focus fire and improved steady shot. I don't think a single hunter actually likes ISS
    I know ISS is clunky and disliked for good reason, but what's the problem with Focus Fire exactly? I always considered Killing Streak far more garbagey than FF (even though KS isn't something that actually requires pressing a new button).

• Options
    milk ducks wrote:
    Hey, guys. I was wondering if you might be able to help me out? My account went down in September of last year, and I never bothered to renew it. No big deal. Anyway, I tried logging into my Battle.net account just now, so I could reply to a thread on the Feathermoon forums, and I got a message saying my account's been permanently banned for in-game activities. I checked my email, and I had a message in my Junk folder from Blizzard dated the 21st of December. It says I've been caught cheating or using hacks or some shit. Now, don't get me wrong: I honestly don't care all that much. I never plan on playing World of Warcraft again, but I'd like to be able to post on the forums, you know?

I definitely haven't done shit to deserve a ban, lol. My account hasn't even been active since September. I've emailed Blizzard support, and explained what happened, but I was wondering if you guys knew anything else I should do. I know accounts get hacked pretty regularly, so if any of you have had an experience like this, I'd love to know how you resolved it. Thanks, guys.
    Other than telling Blizz the situation, I don't think there's much you can do. If the email goes nowhere, try calling.

But I thought you couldn't post on the forums unless your account was active. Is that not the case?

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Personally, I think it was hunters needing a separate stance to be able to fire their focus regen shots while on the move that ruined them. That's just a big pile of bullshit.

reVerse on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    three things I hate about focus fire

1: you eat your pet's dps to increase yours. in beast mastery. what?
    2. press this button once every 20s for more damage! almost as exciting as hunger for blood.
    3. it's terrible in situations where your pet can't build up frenzy reliably

Jars on
  • Options
    forty wrote:
    But I thought you couldn't post on the forums unless your account was active. Is that not the case?

I could log in, but yeah, it wouldn't let me post. It just gives me a message saying my account's been permanently banned.

Thanks, man. That's pretty much what I was thinking, too.

• Options
    it takes a little while for posting privileges to be regained. try one of the limited forums.

• Options
    Jars wrote:
    three things I hate about focus fire

1: you eat your pet's dps to increase yours. in beast mastery. what?
    2. press this button once every 20s for more damage! almost as exciting as hunger for blood.
    3. it's terrible in situations where your pet can't build up frenzy reliably
    Here are my thoughts:

1. That's definitely odd, yeah, but it's still a damage increase, unless it's some weird situation where shortly after you use it, you're no longer able to attack a target while your pet still is (I assume that'd be more of a PvP situation than PvE). I do get that it feels strange, but as BM, you're still supposed to be doing more of your total damage than your pet is, and FF just plays into that.

2. Yeah, I guess it's not that exciting, but at least the haste does interesting things like let you cast Cobra Shot faster/get more Focus. Haste is inherently more interesting than just +% damage for most classes, hunters included. And you do at least need to take care in making sure you don't cast it before a 5-stack and not too early/late. It's there to make the spec a little more complicated than it's traditionally been, much like things like SnD, Savage Roar, Inquisition, and such. They're not particularly interesting, but they're there to increase the skill cap. Unfortunately, not everything can be as exciting as Bestial Wrath or Bladestorm.

3. Agreed, but what sorts of situations are like that? And are they situations where your pet in general just isn't getting to do that much damage due to pathing, geometry, weird AI, whatever (honestly asking because this is what I would assume is this the case)? If that is indeed the case, it's more a systemic problem with melee pets that should be addressed than a FF specific issue. Any time that's going on, BM spec is going to suck compared to MM/Surv regardless of FF.

Pets in general are kind of a mess, unfortunately. They're fine for casual play or when they let you solo something tough, but there are obviously a bunch of problems with them in end game content and PvP.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I stuck with Survival cause it's awesome. Love that spec. Plays so smooth.

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Wait, are Hunters not in good shape at 85 or something?

• Options
    even TBW is lame now. it's been so nerfed. BM will never relive its BC glory days

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Every single time we've killed Deathwing, one of his drops has been a bow. We don't have a hunter in our raid.

Today, he dropped 2 bows.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    On the upside, you're done with your raid week Tuesday :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    he dropped an agi dagger and an agi axe for us today

siiiigh

seriously I think I'ma quit and go ride bikes in TOR or something. I wasn't gonna be an early adopter but fuck am I tired of dragon soul

it would be fun to do more than two heroic modes but meh

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Oh man, BM huntering in TBC was amazing. I didn't even have that great of gear, but I feared no one. Man, TBC had to be the glory days of huntering. Though to be fair I haven't played a hunter since TBC. Probably because I know it would never be as good.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Currently my Hunter is Survival with a Marksmanship offspec. I really don't use the offspec though outside of like, dailies or whatever (hard-cast aimed shot+chimera shot=dead'd). Marksmanship has felt very clunky to me, ISS and all that. Thing is now though, with the T13 2piece, it makes it that much harder to actually play MM. I cannot keep up ISS without focus capping. I imagine it would be even worse with the 4piece, yknow? Which is fine for me though, I loooooove Survival. It plays so fluidly and naturally. I've tried BM a few times, but it's not my cup of tea. Bad Pet AI/pathing, too much reliance on Bestial Wrath, lack of aoe, etc.

Also I'm glad to see that they're finally removing Arcane Shot from LnL. It was never really an issue for me until late T12, and now with T13 2p, it is a huge issue. I have more haste now too. Either way I need to be using Arcane Shot more and more often, and it is the most frustrating thing when it accidentally eats the first charge of LnL. Black Arrow change is nice as well. Aspect of the Hawk buff is good, but that doesn't fix the underlying issue that it has. They've buffed Hawk basically each patch now I think, and they wouldn't need to if it was something scalable. Hopefully they'll do that for MoP?

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Jars wrote:
    even TBW is lame now. it's been so nerfed. BM will never relive its BC glory days

I started my hunter back in TBC and I will never forget the 20+ deaths I had until I got a pet

But I agree focus fire is a big meh and it seems there is something missing from BM but I really don't know what. I just wish focus worked more like a rogue's because I dump it far to fast as marks

• Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    well ... the raid last night didn't go as planned, half the people who agreed to do 10s with me quit and joined new guilds overnight... ha. I didn't like the makeup of the group of people who hung around so I told them that I wasn't going to give it a go [half the people who stuck around were the ones we have carried for the last 3 tiers].

I swapped over to my hunter and did LFR. I got tier gloves and the 2h of madness to replace my 353s. I really need to enchant / gems the gear I have gotten on him recently.

Tonight for my 'other raid night', maybe I will run LFR on my mage, ha.

No idea what I am going to do going forward.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Last night we managed to get H Morchok down on 25, then gave H Hagara a couple of pokes. The lightning phase was hilarious (when our previous normal mode tactics were basically a looser version of the LFD swarm, things were bound to get interesting) and frost phase has our people stumped because the ice pillars have 7 million health and they were having trouble keeping ranged alive in the bubble.

In other news, finally sporting 4pc for my ret set (granted, half of it is RF).

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    forty wrote:
    Warlock82 wrote:
    forty wrote:
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    We all know Frost is daft, we all know something should have been done about it,

No, the post where you implied they weren't, not the one that obviously popped in while I was typing my reply.
    Warlock82 wrote:
    forty wrote:

Alternate thing to consider: most melee specs don't have sufficient ways to counter being kited to death by a mage.

All melee classes have gap closers. Most also have slows, stuns and interrupts to counter kiting.

Where in that do I say they aren't broken? Melee have ways to deal with them for sure. Doesn't mean they aren't broken. You shouldn't have to blow all your cooldowns just to be competitive.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Jars wrote:
    BM will never relive its BC glory days

In my opinion, WoW in general will never relive its BC glory days. The Burning Crusade expansion was WoW at its peak, as far as I'm concerned. It was an especially fun time to be a raider. The content was difficult, and if you couldn't cut it, you didn't get to see it. I liked that. If you couldn't finish Serpentshrine, Tempest Keep, and Hyjal, your ass wasn't going into the Black Temple of Karabor (they later allowed you to get into BT without the key, but it was near the end of the expansion), and I liked that a lot. It was back before "hard mode" raiding was something that was optional, that you unlocked after you finished it all up on "easy mode".

Man, I really miss The Burning Crusade.

[edit] I loved Vanilla raiding, too. I wish they'd use concepts again like they did in Vanilla, honestly. Remember the Suppression Chamber in Blackwing Lair? (If you didn't, don't worry; I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Blizzard tunes it up, replaces the final boss, and makes you run through it again) It's this crazy room with all of these traps that slow you down while mobs spawn in all around. You need Rogues to move up and disable all the traps so your raid can make it through to Lashlayer. Why don't they use stuff like that anymore? Probably because it requires a specific class to make it through, I guess.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote:
    forty wrote:
    Warlock82 wrote:
    forty wrote:
    Redcoat-13 wrote:

Warlock82 wrote:
    forty wrote:

Where in that do I say they aren't broken? Melee have ways to deal with them for sure. Doesn't mean they aren't broken. You shouldn't have to blow all your cooldowns just to be competitive.
    You implied they were by saying things like "melee have ways to deal with them for sure." Because they don't. Non-rogue melee tools are bested and outnumbered by a frost mage's tools for keeping away. If you can't kill mages because they can readily kite you despite your "ways to deal with them," then they are not ways to deal with them.

• Options
    I hated that room as a rogue because of a drunk gung ho tank and another rogue who was bad at stealth

I did not really get to see a lot of the raid content because guilds exploded left and right with people running off to the green medeows of Area 52 or another realm and people really disliked rogues and warlocks then

• Options
    Tanked RF Siege of Wyrmrest on my DK last night. Got into a 1/8 run. A Vanq glove token dropped. The rogue doing last place DPS won them (sub-20k on Zon'ozz). Then on Hagara, another Vanq dropped (legs, I think) in addition to the agility ring. Fail-o the rogue won both of them each with a roll of 100 (200). He did just under 10k DPS on Recount. The only other DPS player he beat was someone who died to the first ice phase. A hunter who also died on the first ice wave phase did more damage for the fight than this rogue, who was alive at the end. He also left raid about a second after he won everything. In one night of being terrible and getting carried through half of Dragon Soul by strangers, he can now wear as many RF pieces as my DK, who has killed 48 bosses there now.

Play like shit, roll like god is in full effect and it's just infuriating to see it happen.

• Options
    forty wrote:
    RNG is a harsh bitch

I know it sucks to share your token with tanks and healers and I feel the the rogue-druid-death knight-mage token was just thrown together

• Options
    forty wrote:
    Tanked RF Siege of Wyrmrest on my DK last night. Got into a 1/8 run. A Vanq glove token dropped. The rogue doing last place DPS won them (sub-20k on Zon'ozz). Then on Hagara, another Vanq dropped (legs, I think) in addition to the agility ring. Fail-o the rogue won both of them each with a roll of 100 (200). He did just under 10k DPS on Recount. The only other DPS player he beat was someone who died to the first ice phase. A hunter who also died on the first ice wave phase did more damage for the fight than this rogue, who was alive at the end. He also left raid about a second after he won everything. In one night of being terrible and getting carried through half of Dragon Soul by strangers, he can now wear as many RF pieces as my DK, who has killed 48 bosses there now.

Play like shit, roll like god is in full effect and it's just infuriating to see it happen.

I'm pretty sure at this point that there is a hidden roll bonus for failing.

• Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    I suppose sacrificing all those goats to the RNG gods finally paid off for me yesterday. I got the LFR chest and shoulders in one full clear of LFR DS, netting me my 4 piece bonus. After two weeks of not even seeing a protector token of any kind, this certainly was a refreshing change.

• Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote:
    Jars wrote:
    BM will never relive its BC glory days

In my opinion, WoW in general will never relive its BC glory days. The Burning Crusade expansion was WoW at its peak, as far as I'm concerned. It was an especially fun time to be a raider. The content was difficult, and if you couldn't cut it, you didn't get to see it. I liked that. If you couldn't finish Serpentshrine, Tempest Keep, and Hyjal, your ass wasn't going into the Black Temple of Karabor (they later allowed you to get into BT without the key, but it was near the end of the expansion), and I liked that a lot. It was back before "hard mode" raiding was something that was optional, that you unlocked after you finished it all up on "easy mode".

Man, I really miss The Burning Crusade.

[edit] I loved Vanilla raiding, too. I wish they'd use concepts again like they did in Vanilla, honestly. Remember the Suppression Chamber in Blackwing Lair? (If you didn't, don't worry; I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Blizzard tunes it up, replaces the final boss, and makes you run through it again) It's this crazy room with all of these traps that slow you down while mobs spawn in all around. You need Rogues to move up and disable all the traps so your raid can make it through to Lashlayer. Why don't they use stuff like that anymore? Probably because it requires a specific class to make it through, I guess.

It's possible that Blizz can't justify creating content that only .1% (made up but I remember it was really low) saw like the original Naxx.

As for BC, the hoops you had to go through to get a toon up were ridiculous. I mostly remember the guild having to constantly run ppl through attunements to replace burnouts.

This is speaking as someone who has raided in a bleeding edge guild in vanilla and up to BT.

Also You're the first person I've ever seen that wants more bs trash mechanics. Most want less and/or less annoying trash.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    TBC was the absolute low point of WoW. Uninteresting zones, bullshit raid progression, introduction of arenas.

• Options
    TBC attunements were just silly:

Hey guys, our Warlock had to quit, we got Bob here who's alt lock is in decent gear and willing to swap toons, but needs to get attuned.

Okay, so we need to schedule a time for a tank, a healer, and 2 more DPS to be on to run him through the 3 5 man attunements.

Okay, that's done, now we gotta put progression/farm night on hold so we can go back and kill Kael and Vashj to get him vials.

You know what? screw it, let's just poach a Warlock from a guild that just barely got Kael down.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    BC raids were good, but they had an excessive amount of trash. 6 months of BT trash could break any healer

I was doing arena almost every night on a 2100 rated 5s team so that was hardly a negative for me.

cata has definitely been worse than BC. cata is the only expansion where I can say I do not like this game, transmog dress up has been fun but it's pretty much the only reason I renewed and I've done just about as much as I can with it.

Jars on
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    BC raiding was horrible. You gear up in 5 man heroics, that were heavily biased towards range that had repeatable CC (so locks or mages), and any melee more often than not, tended to be a hindrance more than anything else, even after they got rid of the 360 sweeping strikes. I'm not interested in stories of going along with guild mates who outgeared a place, trying to get a place in a pug 5 man without bringing a worthwhile cc was an exercise in pain.

Then the amount of trash you got in some of these places. SL with packs of 6 + pet, with the random stealth that could just add itself to the fight? Brilliant fun.

Then you go into Kara, which initially had worse gear. Hope you like trash with a fast respawn that you have to wade through before you hit the hardest boss in there because that's what you got here. The gear that you needed for ZA was also in the 2nd half of that instance.

People remember the logistics of gearing up in a 10 man for 25 man raiding?

How's about bosses that just neutered some classes and specs. Hydross being Nature immune (also that random boss in Alcatraz was another one) negated rogue poisons, elemental damage as a whole, mobs that were immune to bleeds (again rogues, but you can add ferals), or bosses that put out a periodic silence which royally screwed prot paladin tanks and resto shaman who didn't have the benefit of rolling hots or shields to negate the damage during the silence. Illidian couldn't be tanked by feral druids.

Then the amount of trash in some of these places; I think some need to go back and have a look at all the waves in MtH and BT.

Sunwell was the biggest bollox of the lot. Lots of class stacking for one fight, then bench those guys and use another set-up.

The attunement quests were awful. What's that, you lost your tank? Well your options are to take another guild's tank lower down on the food chain and they can have that problem, or you can run through all those raids you've already done to get him attuned and geared up again.

You must be on something to think TBC was the pinnacle of raiding.

Then to bring up Vanilla and the Suppression Room of all things? I played a rogue back then, and what you did was sit in stealth for 20 mins disabling traps while the rest waded through trash, before getting to a boss you got your gun / bow / throwing skills up with. Why did Blizz not repeat this? The answer should be obvious.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Meh. I guess people like different things. Burning Crusade was the height of WoW, in my opinion. Vanilla was great, too (being part of the group that opened the gates to Ahn'Qiraj was incredibly fun and satisfying). If you don't agree, you're entitled to that opinion. I don't even play WoW anymore; I got sick of being asked to clear content I'd already cleared when it was new.

• Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote:
    Meh. I guess people like different things. Burning Crusade was the height of WoW, in my opinion. Vanilla was great, too (being part of the group that opened the gates to Ahn'Qiraj was incredibly fun and satisfying). If you don't agree, you're entitled to that opinion. I don't even play WoW anymore; I got sick of being asked to clear content I'd already cleared when it was new.

Those are some rose-tinted glasses that's all. Opening AQ was a fun idea. Being on a high pop serve where we opened it at 3am and still had the server lagged to shit, not so much.

Having to run old raids just to get apps up to speed = not so fun. Server transfers saved the guild I was in tho. from then on we could poach frustrated GM's from other servers rather than settling for local recruits.

That said I'm a casual raider now and Blizz nerfing hard modes is kind of

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Rakeeth wrote:
    milk ducks wrote:

Those are some rose-tinted glasses that's all. Opening AQ was a fun idea. Being on a high pop serve where we opened it at 3am and still had the server lagged to shit, not so much.

Having to run old raids just to get apps up to speed = not so fun. Server transfers saved the guild I was in tho. from then on we could poach frustrated GM's from other servers rather than settling for local recruits.

That said I'm a casual raider now and Blizz nerfing hard modes is kind of

Yea, I was just about to comment on the running old raids to get apps up to speed. Milk Ducks, you must have been apart of one of the best guilds to ever exist if you never did content you had cleared many months before. We are working on Maexxna and we got a couple new apps to join? Welp, gotta clear BWL one night. Going into SerpentShrine Cavern? Welp, gotta put everything on hold untill your Tanks farm up some retarded ass resist gear, and then do it again for Illidan.

I too think you have some thick rose tinted glasses. That you remember the notoriety you enjoyed being apart of that elite cream of players not the 4+ nights a week for 3-5 hours a night to gain it.

There was nothing hard about the Raids in WoW, or Burning Crusade. What was hard was having enough time and patience to get the people together required to do the instances. Recruiting devolved into poaching in later tiers, because instead of the onus being on one guy to gear himself up like today, you needed 24 other people to play for 3-5 hours a week just to gear that 1 person up. That is not interesting to me, but highly frustrating when you lose a well geared player in the later tiers.

WoW and Burning Crusade were definately fun times. But it was not the peak of the game. Wrath was the peak of the game with 12 million active players/subscribers.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Some guy transferred to my TBC realm (one of the new ones for TBC) and opened the AQ gates at 4AM without telling anyone.

Still mad.

• Options
    if there was nothing hard about BC raiding then there was nothing hard/is hard about wrath/cata raiding. before the huge health nerfs ssc/tk were extremely difficult.

and if you look at the amount of players added over the course of the expansion BC was the peak. wrath barely added 1 million over the entire course of it, cata lost 2 million. I'd be willing to say BC was the best expansion based on the fact that 1. it's not cata and 2. it didn't add death knights.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    TBC was truly the golden age of WoW for 5% of players. I wonder why they aren't trying to relive those glory days.

forty on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Anyone ever leveled/played more than one character of the same class? My main all the way from start of TBC to end of WotLK was a Druid, who has long since been given away, but as an unending symptom of my altitis I kind of want another one.

I think my brain's broken :<

(that, and troll druid hell yes.)

This discussion has been closed.