Options

[WOW] [CHAT] Thread. Female Panderen Revealed. Yiffing already?

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    New PTR has a 64 bit client. Hooah.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    New PTR has a 64 bit client. Hooah.

Can't wait to see what the performance gains are, if any.
    Also the new optimizer sounds good too... my install is getting huge and kinda sluggish at times.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    What other horrors does the PTR feature?

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    cross realm raiding so people cant constantly post the same stuff about their realm sucking for years

815165 on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    So after basically being on hiatus for three weeks, we got our shit together and killed heroic morchok. What is the next heroic people like to work on? Ultraxion and Yor'sahj seem easy enough mechanically but I'm not sure our dps is quite there yet. We poked at hagera but it quickly became a mess.

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    So after basically being on hiatus for three weeks, we got our shit together and killed heroic morchok. What is the next heroic people like to work on? Ultraxion and Yor'sahj seem easy enough mechanically but I'm not sure our dps is quite there yet. We poked at hagera but it quickly became a mess.

10m??

Only kill of yorsaj before 2 Mains guildhopped, we 2heal 2tanked and killed literally 10 secs before enrage. Didn't have bloodlust in our comp tho.

• Options
    ShinryuShinryu Registered User regular

I'm uncertain on 10 man. 25 man, I'd say sticking with Hagara is probably your best bet; the big issue for us has largely been developing a solid strategy and weeding out the silly mistakes that are killing DPS partway through the fight. Once you can get solidly through both the lightning and frost phases, you should be quite capable of reaching the berserk timer.

(USER WAS INFRACTED FOR THIS POST)
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yeah, 10 man. We seemed like we had lightning phase decently well figured out, but ice phase was completely destroying us.

I think we're almost where we need to be to do ultraxion, I just don't wanna wipe on it 15 times to get the soak order sorted and then discover we're significantly off the enrage timer. Ideally I'd like to do hagera but ice phase was already giving me hives and we only saw it like 10 times.

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ShinryuShinryu Registered User regular
    yeah, 10 man. We seemed like we had lightning phase decently well figured out, but ice phase was completely destroying us.

I think we're almost where we need to be to do ultraxion, I just don't wanna wipe on it 15 times to get the soak order sorted and then discover we're significantly off the enrage timer. Ideally I'd like to do hagera but ice phase was already giving me hives and we only saw it like 10 times.

Yeah; after a great deal of frustration with the damage requirements we stuck the ranged in the bubble for the frost phase and heal them through it; which helps with killing the crystals quickly; melee dying during that phase is still a real issue.

(USER WAS INFRACTED FOR THIS POST)
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Shinryu wrote:

Yeah; after a great deal of frustration with the damage requirements we stuck the ranged in the bubble for the frost phase and heal them through it; which helps with killing the crystals quickly; melee dying during that phase is still a real issue.

Didn't they up the damage of the bubble to make that not work? And even if they didn't, I don't think you have enough CDs on 10 man for that to be viable.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    We still do it. 2 healers + 2-3 4 dps inside the bubble, 1 healer outside the bubble for dispells with the rest. Oh, and do you have a hunter? I am not sure how to do it without a hunter for Aspect of the Pack.

I looked and I was wrong, all 4 of our ranged go in the bubble now. We actually did only 3 when it was easier because we had a priest healing and PoH only works on 5 or something. Last week with a paladin and druid, though, we had 6 people in.

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    Steel-AngelSteel-Angel Registered User regular
    Madpanda wrote:
    akjak wrote:
    *snip* healing rant

I think this is a big part of the loss of subscriptions around cata release.

I play a resto shaman pretty much exclusively, have since mid wrath. Pre-cata healers had the tools to deal with most screwups easily. Cata launch they were much more dependent on all members of a group/raid playing well, avoiding damage, knowing mechanics. When I had a guild group who was playing well OR learning with a good attitude, I loved the difficulty jump. Dungeon groups looked like a swat team in action. I also liked that my healing "rotation" no longer consisted of spamming chain heal. Random heroics were a whole other story.

I actually got to ~333 ilevel then stopped running anything because I was letting bad play anger me and I felt that I didn't have the tools to deal with it. Grinding archaeology and trying to get a Zin Rokh were preferable.

The prophet boss mentioned above before the heroic/healer re-tuning? I used to quit lost city if I got it in lfd, I didn't care about the 30 minute debuff, shit was just too frustrating. The mind control one in uhh the fish dungeon was another.

Unfortunately a lot of healers in my guild didn't like the difficulty jump or were just scared off by myself and others talking about it in guild chat. Kinda sad to hear early cata for healers is still similar.

i personally quit wow because of resto shaman in arena

literally every game past 2.2k turned into warrior/shaman/x, playing my mage ended up becoming a chore rather than entertainment because of how stupid the class became when it got magic dispel that healed on top of wind shear/grounding/tremor while feared/et al

i don't know what's happened to the class since, but according to my friends who still play resto shaman are still 8 million times better than the other healers in pvp

signaturep.jpg
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    cncaudata wrote:
    We still do it. 2 healers + 2-3 4 dps inside the bubble, 1 healer outside the bubble for dispells with the rest. Oh, and do you have a hunter? I am not sure how to do it without a hunter for Aspect of the Pack.

I looked and I was wrong, all 4 of our ranged go in the bubble now. We actually did only 3 when it was easier because we had a priest healing and PoH only works on 5 or something. Last week with a paladin and druid, though, we had 6 people in.

Doesn't dispelling frostflakes do damage, as well? I was noticing that on our attempts. How does that impact AotP?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting you. I'm just curious about your strat, and would like to know more.

Edit: @Steel-Angel

Wind Shear now has a 15s CD for resto. They COULD get it to 5s, but that would come at the cost of 15% movement speed. The dispel heal also has a 6s CD.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Nope. For whatever reason, none of the damage during frost phase dazes during Pack, no idea why they did it that way, but it makes it so powerful that you can almost ignore frost patches on the outside because you can still stay ahead of the wall running right through them.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Classes: General

Vengeance is no longer triggered by receiving damage from other players.

I guess that's one way to nerf blood in pvp. Good thing no other tank classes still had viable PvP builds in tank spec.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

I guess that's one way to nerf blood in pvp. Good thing no other tank classes still had viable PvP builds in tank spec.

Are Prot Warriors still amazing in PvP?

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I don't think so, not for awhile; at least they're not a class/spec du jour that people bitch about since like...wotlk.

Alternately I don't care enough about pvp to know for sure.

Personally the vengeance change doesn't mean anything to me since I rarely PvP, though doing the 50 HK's on so many characters during winter veil did give me a view on how bad blood dk's are in pvp, so if even a small amount of time in pvp makes a single class/spec stand out so much, there's something to that bitching. I'm just interested in watching and seeing if the official forums blow the fuck up from that change, because as right as it may be, it's a pretty significant change.

Honestly I'm surprised it took them this long to implement that. I remember when vengeance was first working how it currently works now thinking that it probably won't work in pvp but for some bizarre reason it always has.

When I pvp on my pally I like to do it in prot, but it's less because it's super effective and more because I know it irritates the shit out of my opponents that they just can't kill me. I can't do a damn thing to them, but hey, that's cool. I can annoy them till teammates come and if not? Eh, I made some dudes mad and it's funny. Because I'm an asshole.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    The 64bit client is now available for testing on the PTR. You have to download it separately, details here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881708285

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Pandas require more.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Madpanda wrote:
    akjak wrote:
    *snip* healing rant

I think this is a big part of the loss of subscriptions around cata release.

I play a resto shaman pretty much exclusively, have since mid wrath. Pre-cata healers had the tools to deal with most screwups easily. Cata launch they were much more dependent on all members of a group/raid playing well, avoiding damage, knowing mechanics. When I had a guild group who was playing well OR learning with a good attitude, I loved the difficulty jump. Dungeon groups looked like a swat team in action. I also liked that my healing "rotation" no longer consisted of spamming chain heal. Random heroics were a whole other story.

I actually got to ~333 ilevel then stopped running anything because I was letting bad play anger me and I felt that I didn't have the tools to deal with it. Grinding archaeology and trying to get a Zin Rokh were preferable.

The prophet boss mentioned above before the heroic/healer re-tuning? I used to quit lost city if I got it in lfd, I didn't care about the 30 minute debuff, shit was just too frustrating. The mind control one in uhh the fish dungeon was another.

Unfortunately a lot of healers in my guild didn't like the difficulty jump or were just scared off by myself and others talking about it in guild chat. Kinda sad to hear early cata for healers is still similar.

i personally quit wow because of resto shaman in arena

literally every game past 2.2k turned into warrior/shaman/x, playing my mage ended up becoming a chore rather than entertainment because of how stupid the class became when it got magic dispel that healed on top of wind shear/grounding/tremor while feared/et al

i don't know what's happened to the class since, but according to my friends who still play resto shaman are still 8 million times better than the other healers in pvp

I struggle to believe that the gap between Resto Shaman and other healers is so great. Disc priests still do very well with RMP and Holy paladins have some perfectly fine combo's as well. The only pvp healers that have a real cause for complaint, are R.Druids

If one is going to complain about seeing R.Shamans all the time, then I can't see how you avoid mentioning Locks or Rogues for that matter.

Ironically for BG's, you'd be better off having a Holy Paladin and a Disc priest. Also, good luck if you didn't have decent rogue and a mage.

In a pve sense, R.shaman were far behind the other healers at launch. Healing heroics was an exercise in pain, and I honestly can't understand why there was such a large difference in mana efficiency between Holy Paladins and everyone else.

I'd wager you're only seeing R.Shaman in the current raids, because most of the fights ask you to bunch up for healing.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Tangentially related, I wanted to pick out this one line:
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    I'd wager you're only seeing R.Shaman in the current raids, because most of the fights ask you to bunch up for healing.
    Whether or not that's actually true (re: seeing Resto Shaman in Dragon Soul), I think it's a good thing that almost every fight you can stack up for. It's a really good measure, I feel, for seeing how each Healer performs.

It does happen to compliment Shaman, whose strengths lay in healing the raid while stacked up. Outside of that, Shaman kind of struggle a bit, so.. hmm.. maybe that is true then? I dunno. I guess that's kind of disappointing, if so.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    apparently my guild is no longer raiding... just got the forum post this morning. The officers are sick of officering?

I posted that I will lead a 10m tomorrow if people stick around in guild but that I will be picky about who I take... guess we will see who I get to go along.

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    ToddJewell wrote:
    apparently my guild is no longer raiding... just got the forum post this morning. The officers are sick of officering?

I posted that I will lead a 10m tomorrow if people stick around in guild but that I will be picky about who I take... guess we will see who I get to go along.

Leading raids is very tiring. Especially when there is a new game out with a great leveling and group content.

• Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    Zython wrote:
    Edit: @Steel-Angel

Wind Shear now has a 15s CD for resto. They COULD get it to 5s, but that would come at the cost of 15% movement speed. The dispel heal also has a 6s CD.

Not only 15% movement speed, instant ghost wolf which is a pretty big deal since it reduced slows effectiveness as well as increasing movement speed. No more kiting for hours in arenas.

Drama is such a pain and it upsets me. I may have bitched about it a bit, but my 10m group has had real attendance issues. We had one day since 11/27 where the entire group showed up, the rest of the times we pugged or brought in less-than-good bench-warmers. So last monday we had a bench warmer hunter working on Madness with us. The dude has never been very good, but we're semi-casual semi-friends and family and he was the father of our (fairly young but very skilled) R. Shaman. He never prepared, he never looked up the fights, he did poor DPS (20k on Ultra.), and we had to explain things 4-5 times before he had a basic understanding of it, but we tolerated it.

So our last DPS logs in finally, in the middle of our attempts on Madness. Our GM asks the hunter/bunch-warmer if he'd step out for our DPS. The bench-warmer gets pissy and uppity, he leaves the raid, quits the guild, and bans his son from raiding with us. So we grab our second group's best healer , and we bring in our normal DPS, one wipe because of a glitch and get a kill.

It is so very dumb that people like that exist. I understand his frustration, but really? That's just poor form. He knew he was a bench-warmer, and he wasn't pulling his weight in the first place. Banning his son as revenge is just ugh.

The next day we grabbed a healer who normally doesn't raid and killed H. Morchok with our mostly full group. Now we just gotta find a permanent replacement for the Shaman, most likely.

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I have a new game now, whenever I see somebody spamming trade about "looking for a good raiding guild" I check their armory.

The last one was a DK missing 2 glyphs, 8 enchants, and 5 gems.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular

da bears

• Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    Buddies wrote:
    ToddJewell wrote:

Leading raids is very tiring. Especially when there is a new game out with a great leveling and group content.

Definitely a factor but depending on the guild the raid leader/officer in charge is just sick of it and needs a break.

• Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    I don't doubt they might be playing old republic -- I have seen them on vent and not in game, unless they are just chilling talking to each other for fun? =)

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular

It's a pretty dumb change. It's not like Blood was unbeatable. The spec can be kited like crazy. 3 or 4 classes have a way to remove Vengeance. It (and all the other tank specs) was perfectly counterable. If you want to talk about specs that can completely dominate others in many situations, look no further than frost mages or subtlety rogues.

Maybe there were some issues with Feral since it allowed cats (DPS spec) to go bear for survival while still racking up Vengeance like a tank spec, but Mists is going to fix that anyway with separate Feral/Guardian specs.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Blood was really shitty in pvp though. Also a lot of those options aren't necessarily available in smaller matches (i.e. 2v2)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    2v2 is a retarded joke, so I'm not really getting what your point is.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote:
    Blood was really shitty in pvp though. Also a lot of those options aren't necessarily available in smaller matches (i.e. 2v2)

True, but you'd get geese starting threads saying "I took on 6 people on as a blood DK in blue pvp gear and won" and stirring people up.

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Blehhhh altitis has shot me down hard

Someone promote to me your favorite class that isn't a Druid (had one already, still burned out on it) and why it beats the shit out of all those other (mages/warlocks/warriors/gnomes)

(in the metaphorical sense; i mean pve here, pvp is for loons)

Ledneh on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying my smuggler very much so far :P

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    If you're burned out on Druids go for the opposite and pick a pet class (Hunter/Warlock).

• Options
    KealohaKealoha Registered User regular
    I got sick of WoW two years ago, but picked it up when I came home for Christmas. Enhancement Shaman has been more fun than I think I've ever had playing this game.

!! ! ! !!
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Ledneh wrote:
    Blehhhh altitis has shot me down hard

Someone promote to me your favorite class that isn't a Druid (had one already, still burned out on it) and why it beats the shit out of all those other (mages/warlocks/warriors/gnomes)

(in the metaphorical sense; i mean pve here, pvp is for loons)

DK is the best. It is known.

Unfortunately, you will skip all the fun new Cataclysm leveling content and go straight to shitty BC content.

In lieu, I suggest Warlocks or Shamans. Both are awesome. Both are full of fun tricks. Shamans are more versatile in that you can also heal (always good) and can go caster or melee if you get bored with one or the other.

Hunters are also pimp as shit.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Hey everyone.

I haven't played in a while (last time was about a month or two after Cata released), but yesterday my niece used my PC to log into her account and play. I was rather surprised to see that the game had horrible lag/performance issues, even though I'd played with no issues whatsoever before.

I'm putting my system specs here in hopes that someone could tell me if the cause is my system or not. Thoughts much appreciated.

AMD Athlon II X2 215 (2.70 GHz)
    4Gb RAM
    Windows 7 64-bit
    AMD Radeon HD 6670 (1Gb GDDR5)

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    Your system should be able to handle it just fine.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    You're living in another world if you didn't think something was going to be done for Blood DK's. I honestly don't care that they could be easily kited, because the idea that the best way to deal with a blood dk is to avoid melee combat altogether is a stupid one. The only way it could have been more stupid was that if you had a spec that asked you not to do ranged attacks against someone.

I very much doubt it was for the reasons for 2vs2, because that bracket is all types of awful. It was done because tank specs aren't suppose to put out that kind of damage in pvp. Going into any BG since this patch would have told you something wasn't right.

PSN Fleety2009
This discussion has been closed.