Options

[WOW] [CHAT] Thread. Female Panderen Revealed. Yiffing already?

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    They're an easy way to get dreamcloth, which the tailors need for the 4.3 patterns, so there should still be a market for it.

There's also people who use it for the molten front craftables, so they can get into LFR (well, legitimately).

EDIT: and they are certainly used for the new 397 craftables too.

On a side note, the RNG gods finally smiled on me and I found myself the Time Lost Protodrake.

Now to decide which rare to farm next (thinking camel).

Nobody on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I wish I had bought a bunch of Chaos Orbs during the initial 4.3 surge when they were going for like 40 gold. I could have made some (relatively) cheap 26-slot bags.

Edit: Of course, all trade goods are pretty fucking crazy on my dying server now. Embersilk and Elementium Ore were going for like 200g/stack the last time I looked.

forty on
  • Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    Welp, after our 10m rejiggered our makeup due to transfers we're finally progressing again. Managed to kill yorsaj again and killed ultraxion for first time.

We're now 3/8. Which heroic would be easier? Warlord or Hagara?

I can also play as surv instead of bm so I no longer think of /wrists whenever I raid.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Javen wrote:
    Oddly enough, our guild that has almost entirely migrated to TOR still raids deathwing every week, though we may stop killing Madness because it's such a dumb fucking fight.

I'm all for killing it once you need his jaw for the legendary stage of the daggers.

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Rakeeth wrote:
    Welp, after our 10m rejiggered our makeup due to transfers we're finally progressing again. Managed to kill yorsaj again and killed ultraxion for first time.

We're now 3/8. Which heroic would be easier? Warlord or Hagara?

I can also play as surv instead of bm so I no longer think of /wrists whenever I raid.

I hate it when people call Zon'ozz Warlord because it always makes me think of Warmaster...

But these 2 are about the same in difficulty. Since you're a hunter, though, I'd go Hagara - Aspect of the Pack makes ice phase very easy and then all you have to do is figure out ice-lances and you're good.

Zon'ozz can be really easy or rather hard depending on comp. If you have a lot of ranged and mobile healers, killing tentacles is easy. Also, interrupts.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2012
    Magus` wrote:
    I'm sad, I have the annual pass with like 7-8 months remaining and pretty much nothing to do in game. Fun.
    The fucking day they announced the annual pass, a lot of us saw it for the shrewd con that it really was. Have you never played WoW prior to Cata? The average content drought between expansions is a solid six months minimum.

Cata was in beta for nearly half a year. MoP probably not even in F&F alpha yet, as we tend to get some kind of leak to suggest that it's underway. This means, at the earliest, you're looking at a June/July release for MoP.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I think they are trying to rush Mists out the door though. I'm pretty sure the reason Cata patches have been so shitty is because they've already abandoned the expansion in favor of shifting more resources to the next one. Basically, Cata is unsalvagable so spend the effort where it will matter more. You can kind of tell if you look at Dragon Soul - the thing is 99% existing assets. The art team is probably heavily moved to Pandas at this point.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Well, if they're going to overhaul all the currently existing race models and their animations as they have hinted at possibly doing for MoP, yeah they would need their art team working on MoP.

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    They also had a lot more complete content to show us at Blizzcon for MoP this year than they did at the one where Cata was announced. I think that speaks to it being further along in the cycle. That or the assets will end up higher quality, either way.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Warlock82 wrote:
    I think they are trying to rush Mists out the door though.
    They are, but "rushing" to Blizzard will be a Q3 Mists release, probably leaning more toward the end of Q3. That's still a lot of months of annual passer's remorse for those who are done with the game now (or who will be soon). Not that people shouldn't have seen that coming.

forty on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Q3 would be taking the piss, really.

This was good to hear after how much I don't want to level 80-85 ever again (more so than 60-80), though.

815165 on
  • Options
    I think they could make Q2, but it's iffy. Q3 seems most likely.

And yeah. I did kind of like the linear quest structure, but it was a bit much the second time through. So we'll see what they do.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    When is the end of Q3? Sept?

I'm still gonna guess on a July-ish release for MoP. Any longer than that and I think even they know they're pushing it too far unless they've got some supertopsecret content for the end of Cata pre-MoP they're hiding. But if it's just going to be the usual pre-xpack patch, being 5.0, that's not gonna cut it for "new' content to hold people until MoP and I think they know it.

Yeah, I'm going with May-ish, maybe late may, for 5.0 and a late June/July release for MoP.

I mean, shit, I was in the F&F alpha for Cata and MoP at Blizzcon looked like it was in a further "finished" state than Cata was in Alpha. I bet once they open the beta gates MoP will be in a more or less complete state; they're not reinventing the world like they did with Cata, most of what I suspect will be tested is the new talent "trees" and the all new mechanics being possibly pet battles (though that appears to be so simple it probably won't require a ton of testing) and moreso the outdoor instances, whatever they were called, to make sure they function correctly. I doubt the new instances will require much testing, they hardly made many changes to the 4.3 heroics after the intial wave on PTR and I think they've got instances down to a science now (which is both a blessing and a curse). I imagine the first tier raids will require some level of testing, but again, that doesn't require months and months and months.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited January 2012
    God I'm going to be the best pet battler there has ever been.

Time to pick up from my undefeated run as Pokémon red/blue champion of my class at school.

815165 on
  • Options
    Maybe be the upgraded models will be their pre-MoP distraction patch? Y'know, they're all like "oh shit we threw transmog at them but that's not enough, what are some other highly requested features" and bam, model upgrades.

• Options
    There's pretty much no point to start an alt before 5.0 so I hope the new models come with it.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I'm curious why all the sudden everyone thinks that we're getting new race models with MoP? They said they'd like to do it but as far as I recall they said that it wasn't likely for MoP, at least at launch.

Was something said recently that sparked the discussion again?

EDIT: and damnit don't you dare fucking touch Tauren models. Well, you can add more polys but they better not change the core model.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited January 2012
    They've mentioned the old race models and MoP on several occasions, ranging from "maybe, but not at launch" to "we're working on that". No official statement, though.

reVerse on
  • Options
    I doubt they'll be too radical with the updates, it's so risky.

• Options
    I'd imagine they'll end up looking roughly the same, only with higher polycounts and crisper texturing.

What they have mentioned is redoing the animations to match the quality of the pandaren ones and that's what I'm most excited about. The current animations for all races look really spartan whereas the pandaren have some really nice and lively stuff going on.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    The launch models are so old that they could do a some simple poly/texturing improvements and the difference would be night and day

I don't even care about animations (and frankly I'd like my characters' to stay simple, as opposed to the worgen/goblin gesticulations), but it'd be nice if nine out of ten face models didn't look like they fell off the back of the truck at the ugly factory

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    You know what I'd like to see? Weapons used in cast animations. It's completely ridiculous that for a caster all your weapon does is rest on your back/hip while you do your shit.

• Options
    reVerse wrote:
    You know what I'd like to see? Weapons used in cast animations. It's completely ridiculous that for a caster all your weapon does is rest on your back/hip while you do your shit.

I'm fairly sure they've said that they want to do precisely this. But it'll probably require said animation/model revamps to include. It would definitely be cool.

Not really related, I'm curious if they're going to start showing hunter bows/etc on their backs in MoP since they're not getting melee weapons anymore. That would be interesting, some of the ranged weapons out there are absurd, crossbows particularly.

Got a Gurthalak on my DK. Missed out on one for my warrior to another warrior who already had one and was arms. Whatever, maybe he'll go Fury, but he was already #2 dps the whole time in arms. Some people (see: me) just don't enjoy Fury. I tried to be annoyed, but the combination of him being up on the charts while still being in non "real" raid gear, and the fact that I've got one of the swords on both my Paly and DK means I'm pretty happy already with what I've got. I'm gonna keep trying though. Part of what bugs me though, and it's totally my fault, is that my warrior is still using the 2h axe from ZA because I've had zero fucking luck getting a 4.3 dungeon 2hander. Even though almost every single dps slot on my warrior is 378 gear, I just can't get a new weapon for the life of me.

Stupid blizzard taking out weapons from LFR other than madness stuff. I seriously don't understand their logic there.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I reeeeeeeeeeeeally doubt MoP is going to be released before the next blizzcon. It might, but it's pretty unlikely, since all expansions so far have managed to come out right after one, for obvious reasons.

• Options
    For obvious reasons what?

I don't see any obvious reason they'd need to wait for blizzcon as last year they announced pretty much every possible feature they're putting into MoP. This blizzcon would have nothing to show on that front.

No, they won't wait that long. The reason they waited so long to release the other xpacks is because they weren't done. They weren't as far along with any of said previous ones by the prior year blizzcon so it made sense to wait so long. There's no "policy" in place to wait till after a blizzcon to release it, that'd be nonsense.

Besides, last blizzcon was MoP, next one will either be something SC2 related or they'll finally show off some early Titan stuff.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    all we've really seen of MoP so far is bullshot

they like to release stuff after blizzcon for marketing reasons, but I'm not convinced that really matters that much to an MMO expansion

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    The next one will be Titan, I almost guarentee it.

Edit:

they like to release stuff after blizzcon for marketing reasons, but I'm not convinced that really matters that much to an MMO expansion

????

None of the MoP screenshots are bullshots. The pet battle system was a mockup (and possibly also challenges), but they were taken using in-game assets. It's not like they photoshopped the thing. They also clearly stated it was a mockup, so it's not like they are hiding anything there.

Warlock82 on
  • Options

We've seen zones and dungeons, and the pandaren starting area was playable at Blizzcon.

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    I think the "obvious reasons" are the massive burst of hype and information about the expansion soon before it launches? I'd imagine that helps out sales a bit.

Of course, I'd rather see it sooner than later too.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    Because Blizzcon is both a huge marketing pull and cash cow for them. Mists will be playable at Blizzcon to show off and let people play and get excited about it, then release it shortly afterwards. Wrath was playable for 2 blizzcons, the one it was announced and the following, same with cataclysm. Releasing it 3 months before their big event means that they won't have anything big related to WoW to announce or show off, which would definitely hurt sales.

• Options

It doesn't matter as much for WoW, but it matters for Blizzcon, since the WoW fanbase is by far the largest fraction of their ticket sales.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Again, yeah, that's whats happened with past Xpacks, but I honestly don't think it was intentional for marketing reasons. Neither TBC nor Wotlk were ready to release earlier and I think that if they had been they would have released earlier, despite Blizzcon. I think you're overestimating the importance of blizzcon as a marketing tool to the audience outside of nerds who actually care about blizzcon.

The idea that they'd hold off a finished product till after blizzcon for "marketing" is uh...no. They know they're in a bad spot with WoW right now and it is in their best interest to push out a finished product asap, blizzcon be damned.

And yeah, as I said, next blizzcon won't be about WoW or MoP, it'll be SC2 or Titan, that's all anyone will care about, not MoP.

It'll be out earlier.

EDIT: and to Eat it, as others have said, virtually nothing from Blizzcon on MoP was bullshot. We got video walkthroughs of most of the zones and instances, we saw the race and animations etc, the starter zone was playable, again as others said. As Warlock stated, the only bullshot was the pet battles and they said as much. Sure, stuff like talent trees were placeholders, again, as they stated, but those are things that indicate a product not started.

If you want some crazyness, compare the screenshots/walkthroughs of MoP to the state cata was in when it went alpha, if you can even find stuff like that anymore, and it's mind boggling the difference in "completeness" mop was in compared to Cata was when they let others start playing it.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Stupid blizzard taking out weapons from LFR other than madness stuff. I seriously don't understand their logic there.
    You forgot to mention how the one weapon they did leave in was a rogue-only dagger from Hagara that's a full tier below the welfare step 1 legendaries.

Edit:
    TDWH wrote:
    When is the end of Q3? Sept?
    Yes, Sept. 30.

forty on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Javen wrote:
    Because Blizzcon is both a huge marketing pull and cash cow for them.

Yeah, I'm sure the Blizzcon ticket sales make more money than a WoW expansion...

reVerse on
  • Options
    reVerse wrote:
    Javen wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure the Blizzcon ticket sales make more money than a WoW expansion...

So you're implying that expansion sales would actually decrease if they waited until their usual November/December release window? Because that seems pretty incorrect.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Javen wrote:
    reVerse wrote:
    Javen wrote:

So you're implying that expansion sales would actually decrease if they waited until their usual November/December release window? Because that seems pretty incorrect.

No, I'm implying that you're a silly goose. MoP will sell well, regardless of when they release it.

reVerse on
  • Options
    I think the larger the gap between content and expansion definitely could lead to more people leaving the game permanently before they could buy the expansion.

• Options
    Also, the thing with Blizzcon is that the people who go there or pay attention to it are going to buy MoP anyway. Blizzcon will increase the sales by exactly 0%.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    You guys are thinking too soon. Q4 for sure.
    Nobody wrote:
    On a side note, the RNG gods finally smiled on me and I found myself the Time Lost Protodrake.

Now that you mention it... this little guy is something I really want.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote:
    You guys are thinking too soon. Q4 for sure.
    Nobody wrote:

Now that you mention it... this little guy is something I really want.

Managed to pick that up early in cata :P

This discussion has been closed.