As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TERA] This thread under questioning by child protection services. Check the new one.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    any of the old crew still in the guild?

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I don't really know why creating or not creating a guild is a big deal, but I guess there may have been things that changed since the last time I played because I have no idea what the whole 'alliances' thing is all about. Pinkdra seems like a fine name to me either way, and so the biggest problem I have with it is trying to figure out what character I actually want to play and thus have join the guild. :P

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    guilds are nice for keeping track of people and organizing groups, but there's also Steam chat if you enable overlay

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    It has to do with some certain PvP raids and the like, I think.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    guilds are nice for keeping track of people and organizing groups, but there's also Steam chat if you enable overlay

Since I do not use a keyboard to actually play the game (controller for life), that's a "bend forward, press shift+tab, then start typing" more than I'd prefer in a game with real-time combat.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Pinkdra for a guild name sounds fine to me. It's possible I'm biased. Thus why I am inclined to let the other 19 TTT players pick.

I'll start up a thread on the group page on steam tonight (when I get home from work) for working out some guild-specific details. Leadership, ranks, blahblahblah.

In-game communication: not sure what everyone's preferences are. For my group (group 2), I hope you guys are good with text chat. I can't use a mic because of living arrangements (headphones only, computer in bedroom with better half).

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    To be honest, I think guild chat might do well for an overarching thing, but then there is also group chat that we can use to talk amongst our individual groups. I'm already making a chat topic about the guild thing, so no worries there.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    To be honest, I think guild chat might do well for an overarching thing, but then there is also group chat that we can use to talk amongst our individual groups. I'm already making a chat topic about the guild thing, so no worries there.

That was my main intention (the chat) and also a decent way to share out things that might be needed between parties. Especially like the shit ton of potions I dropped into the bank, and random green gear that people might find a use for. Also if people are playing on alts throughout the week it would be a decent resource to use for potential groups or even just for bullshitting.
    I was kind of tired of defending having done it. And at least 8 other players had chimed in with a Pinkdra guild name sounds good to them, and no one had yet raised any issues with it.
    Also I'm not 100% but I think you can do guild quests which will help the guild out and give out more xp. And I'm pretty sure those quests are usually alongside areas you're already questing.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Nice! finally!

• Options
    Nobody is disputing that having a TTT guild is a good idea. No one.

The manner in which things are done, however, matters. Having one person just run off and do something that affects 19+ others, especially after being asked to wait, is ... well, it makes me grumpy.

But whatever. I'll get over it. I just want to play some Tera.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Two more people have asked for invites to TTT. So if we can get just 3 more people, we can add a 5th group.

Anyone playing Tera, available on Tuesday nights, and not already a member of TTT and want to be? Friend me on Steam (see sig) and send me a PM. :)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    @Buttcleft maybe?
    I know you're a grumpy pants since we dont have the Minecraft server up, but still!

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    It's possible that I could join a TTT group, but only if it happened later in the evening. And since I'm on the West side of the country, this could put the available times into the very late hours for anyone on the East coast, which is why I haven't requested to join.

• Options
    Not sure what time new group will start but we do have a super late group.

• Options
    It's possible that I could join a TTT group, but only if it happened later in the evening. And since I'm on the West side of the country, this could put the available times into the very late hours for anyone on the East coast, which is why I haven't requested to join.

We have a variety of time slots going. Right now there's 4 groups playing in 2-hour slots: 7-9. 8-10, 9-11, 10-12 (EST). I don't see why you can't at least join in and once 5 people of agreeable-time-slot-availability sign up, form the new group. I'm sure there are other people who need later hours. If nothing else, could be an alternate for one of the later groups in the event someone quits or something.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Nobody is disputing that having a TTT guild is a good idea. No one.

The manner in which things are done, however, matters. Having one person just run off and do something that affects 19+ others, especially after being asked to wait, is ... well, it makes me grumpy.

But whatever. I'll get over it. I just want to play some Tera.

He went out of his way and spent his own in game cash on to deal with laying the groundwork for herding cats so come Tuesday you all can just hook up and play a game for an hour and not have to deal with tedious bullshit.

You know what makes me grumpy? The response he's gotten for doing all this, for a thing that'll you'll all use for..what? two hours a week?

• Options
    I want to be clear, I think what Rad did is, well, rad. I am glad they saw fit to go the whole hog to try and get us all hooked in. I even like the Guild name. I think the one thing Pixie was less enthused about is that of the 19 (thus far) people that had signed up, only 5 people had said yea to the name. I know people probably don't honestly care, but I think she was hoping to give them a few more days.

Still, I do totally appreciate what @Radiation‌ has given to do this, and it does seem pretty unkind to react so harshly to well intentioned actions.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    It wasn't harsh, it was pixie being irritated that after specifically telling him to hold on and wait, he completely disregarded what she said (She was the one starting this and leading this you'll recall) and went off on his own. Making a guild is awesome, being told specifically to wait on making a guild for specific reasons, then doing it anyways isn't as awesome.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Eh, might as well drop it. It's done, regardless. If we can't move past this, I'm not sure how well we can play with each other.

Just maybe though we need an "in the future, plans regarding all players need to be discussed at length before they are enacted" edict? It could help for us all, I think.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    CorriganX wrote: »
    It wasn't harsh, it was pixie being irritated that after specifically telling him to hold on and wait, he completely disregarded what she said (She was the one starting this and leading this you'll recall) and went off on his own. Making a guild is awesome, being told specifically to wait on making a guild for specific reasons, then doing it anyways isn't as awesome.

I think off on my own is kind of...entirely fucking false.
    I didn't even pick the name, but it seemed popular.
    I was told to wait, and get feedback. And I did, and quite a few people pitched and agreed with a name.

I didn't even want to get involved in this, but...like you guys are acting pretty goddamn weird about it. If the name wasn't liked, you lose nothing by not joining, or forming a new one.
    You're right, she did start this thing, but fuck me for trying to help assist with shit amirite?

Radiation on
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    while i expect that having the pre-formed groups will work well many times...i also expect that with scheduling conflicts it would be super nice to have a pool of people to grab. i think the main concern i had (and maybe others had) was that we are leveling these characters together with these people. One of the worst things i've experienced is playing with people that say they will level up with you and then they either a)stop playing or b) just keep leveling outside of the agreed goal. i don't mind people having alts and leveling those and having them in the guild, but i'm really hoping to have a consistent group of people that are the same level range to play with.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    glad to see the regular guild dramedy is already going strong! I don't mind what the name is or who runs it, I personally nominate pixie since she's the Steam thread poster who had the TTT idea that made me reinstall. Also glad to see Rad was super eager to start up a guild but also see where everyone else is coming from about logistics and whatever. I just would like to see some regular groups going at least one day a week, maybe have them tiered by level if we get a few weeks/months into it and people are different levels

• Options
    Look, we have a guild. It may not have happened the way I would have preferred but there it is. @Radiation was cool to get it started. Overzealous, maybe. But well-intentioned. I am a bit OCD in how I like things to be done: I like things done orderly, and fairly, and with everyone having their say, and progressing in a neat fashion. When that didn't happen, I got twitchy and yes, I reacted. So I'm sorry about that. I would have liked things to happen differently but it's done.

So how about we just let it go, take the gift Rad has put out there for us, and move on? I like all of you and consider you friends and would like there to not be anything resembling ill will or sour tastes to spoil what could be hella fun.

For people who read this thread more often than they check steam: please check the group page on Steam and put in your 2 cents for guild leadership.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Umm... on that note...

I now have leadership of WANG. You know... if anyone wanted to use that for this. Otherwise, I'll keep WANG alive for non-TTT people.

So basically: if you TERA and you WANG, send me a message. In-game character currently holding the guild is Pipika. If we want to keep TTT separate, we certainly can. I'm good with whatever.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Glad people are getting back into this! I actually just updated my client, looking forward to playing some more soon. I probably won't be joining any Tuesday groups, I'll be mostly playing with IRL friends and my schedule's not super reliable anyways. But maybe I can hook up with other PA players at random times in the future :)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I'd like to keep WANG, It has a lot of memories. <3 Plus lots of old players might like to check back in and wont have to worry if they're still guilded.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well, WANG is staying alive either way. If you have older characters you want in it, let me know. I was advised to kick all the inactive members though. I guess there's a limit to the number of characters in a guild?

(Edit: nevermind striked out part. Was informed limit is higher than I thought.)

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    the gift Rad
    Not gonna lie, after years of steam thread, my brain auto-completed that as "The gift Bad rats"

It doesn't really matter to me guild name, or what guild or whatever...I should probably join them though.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    Well, WANG is staying alive either way. If you have older characters you want in it, let me know. I was advised to kick all the inactive members though. I guess there's a limit to the number of characters in a guild?

Max is 300 per guild, though you rarely hit that cap unless everyone adds in their alts.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    300? Oh good. Not gonna worry about it then unless/until it becomes problematic.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Wrong thread. Oops.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Soooo.... after some discussion with @Radiation regarding guilds, fish, life, the universe, and everything...

WANG is back, baby. We're gonna use it for TTT as well as general Penny Arcade funtimes.

Let's get everybody into the guild and see what's what. If you're a TTT player, join in! If you're not a TTT player, join in!

:biggrin:

<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    First round of people ushered into (or back into) WANG.

Come one, come all. Just go to the "find a guild" screen (or "list all guilds" or whatever it's called), search for "We Are Nice Guys" and click the apply button. Put your PA name in the box that pops up. I'll get you in on my next log in.

:smile:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Done and done, oh mighty mistress of pink. :wink:

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    requests sent...based on the comments elsewhere should i keep it to just the tuesday character? I plan on playing a lot more with an alt and would love for that char to be in the guild so i sent two requests.

• Options
    Pailryder wrote: »
    requests sent...based on the comments elsewhere should i keep it to just the tuesday character? I plan on playing a lot more with an alt and would love for that char to be in the guild so i sent two requests.

That's a good question. Can I add my level 41 character as well, or should I wait until all the folks are in?

• Options
    You guys should've just done a poll :hydra:

I kid. I'm glad to see WANG still alive and kicking and while I don't play anymore (I never uninstalled oddly) I hope everyone just has good times killing giant fucking monsters. Slay one for old Monty eh?

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    As Wildstar proved, polls solve everything.

Also, wish I didn't live in UKland. Stupid timezones... :(

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Pailryder wrote: »

That's a good question. Can I add my level 41 character as well, or should I wait until all the folks are in?

There should be room for everyone to add at least one or two.... or three... alts. I'd say keep it to active alts and we should be fine.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
This discussion has been closed.